Jimmy Ruffin Lp's

Guest WPaulVanDyk

Guest WPaulVanDyk

What's the best ones and rarest ones

I have 2 nice Jimmy Ruffin LP's in

Ruff 'n Ready and

The Jimmy Ruffin Way

They both are great and i think he does pretty good on all music he released especially with Motown.

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Ruff 'n Ready and

The Jimmy Ruffin Way

They both are great and i think he does pretty good on all music he released especially with Motown.

They're both good ones, but surprisingly, the most interesting one is the MFP (Music For Please) UK cheapie LP release from the early 70's which had some superb previously unreleased Jimmy Ruffin tracks and the unbelievable "I Will Never Let You Get Away"

which I think sneaked out later as a UK only 7" B side .

Social source share

Ruff 'n Ready and

The Jimmy Ruffin Way

"Ruff'n ready" is my favourite, but "Sings top ten" is also superb;

"SINGS TOP TEN" (1966 SOUL)

(Prod. Unknown)

Best tracks - "I've passed this way before"/"Gonna give her all the love I've got"/"What becomes of the broken hearted" /"As long as there is l-o-v-e love"/"Since I've lost you"/"I want her love"/"How can I say I'm sorry"

Then There's the LP "Love is all we need" (1975 Polydor). This contains the brilliant "The entertainer", which mysteriously came out on a 45 a couple of years back as a so called "unreleased" track!

I also love "Changin' me" from the "Sunrise" LP (1980 RSO). Pretty poor LP other than this track though.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest topcatnumpty1

The MFP. album is superb with other great tracks--as well as those already mentioned i.e. --"Kicking Stones" and "Born to be bad" worth a listen.

Best

Tony C.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!