25 Singles For Sale

Weingarden

A very mixed bag of funk, soul, R&B. Keep reading; they aren't in any order. Prices in U.S. DOLLARS. Paypal only. Shipping $4 in U.S. ($0.50 each additional), $8 overseas ($1 each additional). NO PMs; E-MAIL ME WITH QUESTIONS/ORDERS: mweingarden@verizon.net

GRADING: M-, VG++ (which is essentially a new record with some minor storage damage that doesn't affect play), VG+, VG. VGs are all great for DJ'ing purposes.

No sound files available, but if you poke around enough on the Internet, I think you can find every single one.

-----

J.J. Barnes: "Evidence"/"I'll Keep Coming Back" (Buddah)...Monster Detroit two-sider, one of his best. VG++ $25

Ken Jones: "Chicken Pot Pie"/"Second Helping" (Almont)...Mod jazz piano instro dancer of the highest order. VG++ $30 HOLD

The Riverboat Soul Band: "Mess Up"/"Catch a Falling Star" (Mercury promo)...Killer funky boogaloo dance-floor workout. VG++ (label damage) $50

Erma Franklin: "Don't Wait Too Long"/"Time After Time" (Epic white promo)...Her best? Ultra-uptempo R&B dancer. Strong VG (sticker/writing on label) $35

Gene Allison: "Somebody Somewhere"/"I Understand" (ref-o-ree)...Slept-on funk dancer. M- $25 SOLD

Rudy Robinson Trio: "Chicken Scratch" Pts. 1 & 2 (D-Town)...Great R&Bish Detroit organ instrumental that doesn't turn up much; great horns and loud drums. Love this one!! VG+ $150

Titus Tee Turner: "Bow Wow"/"I Love You Baby" (Enjoy white promo)...Nice, menacing-sounding R&B dancer, scarce one. VG++ (label has water damage). $100 SOLD

Marc De Noel: "Ain't No Good"/"Love and War" (Magnum white promo)...Tough funky boogaloo dancer with great drums. Not too many around. VG++ (slight water damage to label) $230

Relatives: "She's Got Soul"/"Three Kinds of Love" (Wow!)...New York City northern soul. VG++ $65

David Ruffin: "You Can Come Right Back to Me"/"Dinah" (Motown)...One of his best dancers. VG++ $25

Willie Johnson: "Between the Lines"/"It's Got to Be Tonight" (Cat)...Nice crossover Reid/Clarke stuff. M- $75 SOLD

Utopians: "Dutch Treat"/"Ain't No Such Thing" (Imperial, 1 stock, 1 promo)...Two copies of this insanely good R&B/doo-wop dance-floor two-sider; highest recommendation! Both strong VG (both copies have writing on labels; promo also has a sticker and some label damage) $100 SOLD/$100 HOLD

Bonnie & Shelia: "You Keep Me Hanging On"/"I Miss You" (King)...Killer little-known female party dancer produced by Wardell Quezergue. M- (bb hole) $50 SOLD

Z.Z. Hill: "You Just Cheat and Lie"/"Everybody Needs Somebody" (Kent)...Nice little northernish dancer. M- (strange but small and unobtrusive label damage) $10

The Duvals: "Cotton"/"What Am I?" (Boss)...Another great doo-wop/R&B dancer. Strong VG $50

Ray Charles: "Something Inside Me"/"I Want to Talk About You" (ABC) VG++ $8

SOD: "Too Loose to Get Tight" (vocal/instr) (Decca promo)...Funk dancer; instro side is great. M- $40

Seleno Clarke: "Memphis Boogaloo"/"Soulful Drop" (M.O.C.)...Funky instros. M- $25

Answers to Love: "Try My Love"/"It Was Real" (Lion)...Male group sweet soul. M- $75 SOLD

Ike Noble: "It's Bad"/"That's What I Get" (Alley)...Just beautiful gruff midtempo soul. M- $60

Patricia Denson & the Soul Expressions: "I Thought I Heard You Moan"/"Home from Vietnam" (Achillean-The Unconquerable Sound)...Haunting female deep soul; highest recommendation! M- $60

Big T and the Upsetters: "The Cricket"/"You Really Got a Hold on Me" (Holland)...Funky mod instro dancer, nice one. VG++ $100 HOLD

The Four Sonics: "Easier Said Than Done"/"The Greatest Love" (Sport)...One of my favorite Detroit records; so moody and beautiful and doesn't turn up at all in Detroit. Lorraine Chandler/Jack Ashford/Dale Warren involvement. Highest recommendation! VG++ (water damage to label) $100

Rogers Collins: "The World Can't Do You No Harm"/"Working Girl" (Galaxy white promo/green vinyl)...One of my all-time favorite records period; killer midtempo R&B b/w uptempo Chuck Berry-style dancer. strong VG (plays better) $200

Larry Carlton: "Son of a Preacher Man" (b/w same) (Uni promo)...Great funky instro version; don't let anyone tell you "Moon People" (which appears on stock copies only) is the better side, because this is the side right here. M- (slight writing on label) $50

Edited by weingarden
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 3
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source