Bangor Look Back 4th April

THOUGHT I`D GIVE THIS A BIT OF A WRITE UP , AS MANY WILL KNOW JIMMY PASSED AWAY AT STOKE KINGS HALL , HIS FUNERAL WAS FRIDAY 4TH APRIL AROUND 500 IN ATTENDANCE, VERY SAD FOR ALL HIS FAMILY AND FRIENDS !

THE SOUL NITE PLANNED ON THIS DATE CHANGED SOME WHAT TO A TRIBUTE NIGHT FOR JIMMY !!

THANKS EVERYBODY GEORGE BARBER & TRACY , CARY'S & JOHN E, MIKE STOKOE , DAVE JONES "PORT MADOC" CHICO & MARK "FUNKY FEET " JOHNNY J , GERRY H & DONNA , FOR DJ, ING AND PLAYING MANY RECORD IN MEMORY OF JIMMY ,

ALSO LIKE TO THANK , THE TRAVELERS " IN BOTH WAYS "........ JOE MILFORD HAVEN . COLWYN BAY AND LLANDUDNO CROWD ,WULFIE & ANNE, MIKEY & FAITH , PETE " LAGER LOUT LEEDS " AND HIS GOOD LADY TOO, WAS NICE TO STEWART & MONA FROM LANCASTER TOO, THE HOLYHEAD & ANGLESEY CROWD TOO

THANKS TO ALL WHO SUPPORTED THIS EVENT ON THIS SAD OCCASION,THERE WILL BE A SPECIAL MEMORIAL NITE FOR JIMMY AT CARRAG MON , SOON AS I CAN CONFIRM THE DATE

GOD BLESS JIMMY :P

STEVE T & LYD X

• Replies 4
  • Views 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

HI STEVE,JUST LIKE TO SAY THANKYOU TO EVERYONE WHO MADE LAST FRIDAY A VERY SPECIAL NIGHT TO THE MEMORY

OF SUCH A GREAT GUY...I KNOW JIMMY'S SMILING FACE WILL BE MISSED BY ALL ON THE NORTHERN SCENE BUT SPECIALLY

BY ALL HIS FAMILY & FRIENDS......FRIDAY NIGHT WAS A GREAT NIGHT FOR THE WRONG VERY SAD REASON,BUT I HOPE IN THE FUTURE

WE WILL HAVE OTHER GREAT SOUL NIGHTS IN BANGOR SO WE CAN REMEMBER THE MAN JIMMY GASKINS WAS & THE MUSIC HE LOVED

SO MUCH....................

ONE THING IS FOR SURE HE WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.......

MARK & SUE, CHICO & PAT @ FUNKYFEET..............................

Firstly I like to again pass on my condolences to Jimmy's family and close freinds,it was an honour to pay my respects both at the funeral and behind the decks,gonna miss that big smile Jimmy.

Secondly,about the night..........an utterley amazing tribute to Jimmy,would be nice to know you were lookin' down on that floor mate,we'll never forget you.

Last but not least I would like to second the other's comments, and that may the night continue to grow and perhaps go monthly,and also what Steve T forgot to mention was that he donated most of the proceeds from night to Jimmy's family.

Nice one Steve,you showed us what true mates are, on our scene.. :P

KTF.......John and Carys Elias.

Edited by dancingcollector

Firstly I like to again pass on my condolences to Jimmy's family and close freinds,it was an honour to pay my respects both at the funeral and behind the decks,gonna miss that big smile Jimmy.

Secondly,about the night..........an utterley amazing tribute to Jimmy,would be nice to know you were lookin' down on that floor mate,we'll never forget you.

Last but not least I would like to second the other's comments, and that may the night continue to grow and perhaps go monthly,and also what Steve T forgot to mention was that he donated most of the proceeds from night to Jimmy's family.

Nice one Steve,you showed us what true mates are, on our scene.. :lol:

KTF.......John and Carys Elias.

Never a truer word John, sorry we couldn't stay for the night as I had long standing committments back in the West Midlands

Didn't get chance to chat much to Steve and still to get to meet you - but the turnout during the day just echoed your words about Jimmy - I hope to get to his memorial

well done all concerned - played a track for him at Dudley at the same time as it was spun in Bangor and embarassed myself behind the decks too

The soul family lives on

Wulfie

Never a truer word John, sorry we couldn't stay for the night as I had long standing committments back in the West Midlands

Didn't get chance to chat much to Steve and still to get to meet you - but the turnout during the day just echoed your words about Jimmy - I hope to get to his memorial

well done all concerned - played a track for him at Dudley at the same time as it was spun in Bangor and embarassed myself behind the decks too

The soul family lives on

Wulfie

THINK THE DATE FOR MEMORIAL NITE IS SEPT 13TH AT ANGLESEY ARMS , BUT THATS NOT CAST IN STONE JUST YET , THE RAFFLE WILL ALSO TAKE PLACE ON THIS NITE

SEE YOU SOON MATE HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND

BEST STEVE T

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.