United Sound Of Soul

Just a quick update on the latest goings on at United Sound of Soul.

Unfortunately due to so many events we have had to move to a Friday night (30th May) for our next night. Apologies to all our regulars but we have had to change the date 3 times so settled for a Friday in the end. This is just a one off and we will be back to Saturdays for the rest of the year.

DJ's on the 30th are

Pete Hulatt

Hammie (tbc)

Phil Threlfall

Ian Cunliffe

Ritchie Andrews

We have also decided to cancel our July date in support of Jumpin Joans memorial night for Pete Lawson, we have changed this date to Saturday 2nd August, dj's to be confirmed.

We really hope you can join us on these nights.

Kev & Martyn

• Replies 92
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Just a quick update on the latest goings on at United Sound of Soul.

Unfortunately due to so many events we have had to move to a Friday night (30th May) for our next night. Apologies to all our regulars but we have had to change the date 3 times so settled for a Friday in the end. This is just a one off and we will be back to Saturdays for the rest of the year.

DJ's on the 30th are

Pete Hulatt

Hammie (tbc)

Phil Threlfall

Ian Cunliffe

Ritchie Andrews

We have also decided to cancel our July date in support of Jumpin Joans memorial night for Pete Lawson, we have changed this date to Saturday 2nd August, dj's to be confirmed.

We really hope you can join us on these nights.

Kev & Martyn

Hammie now confirmed

Dito Annie, fully recommend this venue, and although it's still over a month away, pencil it into your diary. Top notch night, great music..........

JM

yep,great line up,as well as TOP BEER :rolleyes:

Message to Butch-------BEARSTOWN ALES---------------------

not heard Hammie for ages-----really nice bloke-------top tunes

yep,great line up,as well as TOP BEER biggrin.gif

Message to Butch-------BEARSTOWN ALES---------------------

not heard Hammie for ages-----really nice bloke-------top tunes

============================================================

Don't remember if I've ever heard hammie...........but will find out yet what is his real name.might know him or by sight :rolleyes: sorry

Annie

post-4107-1208005194.jpg

Edited by asboannie

============================================================

Don't remember if I've ever heard hammie...........but will find out yet what is his real name.might know him or by sight :rolleyes: sorry

Annie

post-4107-1208005194.jpg

Hi Annie

Sorry I've no idea what his real name is, sure someone on here will know. See you soon.

Sharon

Guest Mrs Simsy

I'll second that!

Hope you can make it Kylee and co :(

Will deffo be there... not missed one yet... and don't intend to start now. thumbup.gif

Am hopeful! :lol:

Kit owes me a CD! :lol:

Edited by Mrs Simsy
Guest Mrs Simsy

Hope to see ya there..will buy you that drink i promised thumbsup.gif

Annie

post-4107-1208005194.jpg

Ooh am never one to turn down a drink! :lol: Honestly though, you don't need to! :ohmy:

I wonder if Sian & Ganche would like to go? We could have a trip in the fun bus maybe? :lol::(

Guest Mrs Simsy

I've got to be somewhere else that date... :(

I bought the 11 year old daughter her first concert tickets...

Avril Lavine... :shades: ...but don't tell anyone where I'll be... laugh.gif

Don't worry Sian, she'll grow out of it! :g:

Maybe just a regular trip oop north in a clio then... :lol:

Ooh am never one to turn down a drink! :g: Honestly though, you don't need to! :(

I wonder if Sian & Ganche would like to go? We could have a trip in the fun bus maybe? wicked.gif:lol:

HA HA .LOVE THE FUN BUS, SHAME SHE CANT MAKE IT, WE WILL BE THERE THOUGH, YOU KNOW I LOVE IT AT USOS :shades:

Guest Tom Walsh

Hi Annie

Sorry I've no idea what his real name is, sure someone on here will know. See you soon.

Sharon

Ian Hamilton, I sure he won't mind me telling you!

:yes:

I've got to be somewhere else that date... :lol:

I bought the 11 year old daughter her first concert tickets...

Avril Lavine... :huh: ...but don't tell anyone where I'll be... :lol:

It doesn't look like I will be able to make this one either Sian, but please note, I will NOT be at Avril Lavine with Sian :lol:

Should be a great night Hammie & Pete never fail to deliver top sets.

QoFxx

It doesn't look like I will be able to make this one either Sian, but please note, I will NOT be at Avril Lavine with Sian :thumbup:

Should be a great night Hammie & Pete never fail to deliver top sets.

QoFxx

Hi Chrissie

My offer's still there if you want, but if not sure we will see you soon.

Sharon & Kev

• 3 weeks later...

WONDERED WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS THREAD, NOT SURE BUT WOODY HAS TO WORK ONE WEEKEND, NOW COULD BE NEXT WEEK OR THE WEEKEND AFTER, SO IF ITS THE CASE THAT ITS HOLMES CHAPEL, IF I LET YOU KNOW, WOULD YOU ASK MARTYN TO PICK ME UP FROM BILSTON, BECAUSE I AM QUITE CAPABLE OF GOING TO A SOUL NITE WITH OUT WOODY IF NEED BE, AND REALLY DONT WANT TO MISS THIS ONE AT ALL COSTS, AND I DO HAVE A LIITLE SOMETHING FOR SHARON :thumbsup:

WONDERED WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS THREAD, NOT SURE BUT WOODY HAS TO WORK ONE WEEKEND, NOW COULD BE NEXT WEEK OR THE WEEKEND AFTER, SO IF ITS THE CASE THAT ITS HOLMES CHAPEL, IF I LET YOU KNOW, WOULD YOU ASK MARTYN TO PICK ME UP FROM BILSTON, BECAUSE I AM QUITE CAPABLE OF GOING TO A SOUL NITE WITH OUT WOODY IF NEED BE, AND REALLY DONT WANT TO MISS THIS ONE AT ALL COSTS, AND I DO HAVE A LIITLE SOMETHING FOR SHARON :thumbup:

Hiya Lou

Yes just let us know and I'm sure Martyn will be happy to pick you up, and if you've got a little something for me you've deffo got to come.

Good dj line up again will be a great night.

Sharon

Guest Mrs Simsy

I really want to come aswell! :yes:

If i have a new car by then i may just have to road test it... whistling.gif I don't think my car would make it up there...it's making some right weird noises. I should really get it looked at! laugh.gif

I really want to come aswell! :yes:

If i have a new car by then i may just have to road test it... whistling.gif I don't think my car would make it up there...it's making some right weird noises. I should really get it looked at! laugh.gif

Get it looked at Kylee coz it'll only get worse and anyway that means that you can come to Holmes Chappel would be great to see you again.

Sharon

Get it looked at Kylee coz it'll only get worse and anyway that means that you can come to Holmes Chappel would be great to see you again.

Sharon

What a great start & finish for my hols thumbup.gif , next weekend Burnley to start off with.....and no chance of getting knackerd in work mid week as I'm off :D ....and to finish off U.S.O.S........deffo be knackerd by Tuesday :yes:unsure.gif:(laugh.gif .

See ya all there

Annie

post-4107-1210943630.jpg

What a great start & finish for my hols :thumbup: , next weekend Burnley to start off with.....and no chance of getting knackerd in work mid week as I'm off :D ....and to finish off U.S.O.S........deffo be knackerd by Tuesday :ohmy::unsure::lol::lol: .

See ya all there

Annie

post-4107-1210943630.jpg

Great Annie see you in a couple of weeks have a nice week off.

Sharon

Only 10 days to go til our first Friday night do down at Holmes Chappel. Will post dj times up next week. Doing to the first spot 8-9 will be Kevin Bodley (Bod) from the Midlands. Looking forward to hearing his spot and of course all the other dj's.

Sharon

Only 10 days to go til our first Friday night do down at Holmes Chappel. Will post dj times up next week. Doing to the first spot 8-9 will be Kevin Bodley (Bod) from the Midlands. Looking forward to hearing his spot and of course all the other dj's.

Sharon

Sharon,

I've got my records sorted, and can't wait to get behind those decks. Hoping to see all lovers

of Rare Soul at this event. :thumbsup:

Best regards Ricardo. :thumbsup:

Sharon,

I've got my records sorted, and can't wait to get behind those decks. Hoping to see all lovers

of Rare Soul at this event. :thumbsup:

Best regards Ricardo. :thumbsup:

Glad to see your organised Ricardo, I'm always last minute as you know. See you next Friday if not before.

Sharon

Yet again unable to come to this, as away again. This venue is quickly getting a reputation as one of the best soul nights around, playing the type of oldies that should be played, keep it up Guys, I'll get up there soon!

Des Parker

Cheers Des next night is August will be posting details up soon, hopefully you can make that one.

Sharon

Yet again unable to come to this, as away again. This venue is quickly getting a reputation as one of the best soul nights around, playing the type of oldies that should be played, keep it up Guys, I'll get up there soon!

Des Parker

thats right des with just the right amount of sixties newies and a smattering of seventies....

would be nice to see youm not seen you for a while

munchkin

all sorted, dont know what time we will get there, its hell for us on a friday,so if you are still moaning about the same old same old, then get yr arses to usos, it dont finish till late, so there really aint no exuses, the music is fabulous to say the least,the company is great, and the venue is supurb :thumbsup:

all sorted, dont know what time we will get there, its hell for us on a friday,so if you are still moaning about the same old same old, then get yr arses to usos, it dont finish till late, so there really aint no exuses, the music is fabulous to say the least,the company is great, and the venue is supurb :D

Nightmare for us as well on a Friday Lou but it's only a one off all the others are on Saturdays. See you next week.

Sharon

Okay guys, I was trying to avoid posting any comments as I can't make this one and I know all you lot will be lapping it up whilst I'm stuck at home, however, being the nice person that I am I have decided to wish you's all the best, be thinking of you all and if Mr Parker is gonna make it down in August then I most certainly will, be good to catch up with my old travelling and fellow promoting Mate.

All the best Guys :thumbup:

David

Okay guys, I was trying to avoid posting any comments as I can't make this one and I know all you lot will be lapping it up whilst I'm stuck at home, however, being the nice person that I am I have decided to wish you's all the best, be thinking of you all and if Mr Parker is gonna make it down in August then I most certainly will, be good to catch up with my old travelling and fellow promoting Mate.

All the best Guys :lol:

David

thats a shame, will miss you, such a nice guy!

well I think the word is defo out now, that this venue is fast tracking to becoming dare I say, one of the bestest rare and underplayed quality soul nites arround, the lady doth protest that she dont always know everything about the rarer side of music, but I do know a bloody good venue when we have been to one,and can relate to the music thats played there, we get to hear stuff that dont get the airing it should,my music tastes go right accross the board, and are sure that anyone that comes will have a great nite musically and socially, and that my freinds is what its all about, is it not! :thumbsup:

well I think the word is defo out now, that this venue is fast tracking to becoming dare I say, one of the bestest rare and underplayed quality soul nites arround, the lady doth protest that she dont always know everything about the rarer side of music, but I do know a bloody good venue when we have been to one,and can relate to the music thats played there, we get to hear stuff that dont get the airing it should,my music tastes go right accross the board, and are sure that anyone that comes will have a great nite musically and socially, and that my freinds is what its all about, is it not! :D

Spot on Lou. Have only been once because of travel and logistics, but certainly up there along with Bedford Ath as one of the best "smaller" nights I have ever attended. I use the term smaller very loosely as I refer to size of venue and not the size of the heart and soul of the music played and the people who regularly support these nights.

There is a very slim and I mean very slim chance I now may be able to make this and trust me I am doing everything in my power to be there (well, within reason). :thumbsup:

QoFxx

Edited by chrissie

Spot on Lou. Have only been once because of travel and logistics, but certainly up there along with Bedford Ath as one of the best "smaller" nights I have ever attended. I use the term smaller very loosely as I refer to size of venue and not the size of the heart and soul of the music played and the people who regularly support these nights.

There is a very slim and I mean very slim chance I now may be able to make this and trust me I am doing everything in my power to be there (well, within reason). :thumbsup:

QoFxx

well you just have to come, becuase I said so, also because I aint coming to stop with you at the weekend, woody and his bloody job, will you bring a sofa :D

well you just have to come, becuase I said so, also because I aint coming to stop with you at the weekend, woody and his bloody job, will you bring a sofa :D

If plan A doesn't work, will there be room in the car for me from yours and is the sofa free :thumbsup: so I can put into place plan B?????

QoFxx

yes, no problems, you know we all have a sing song in the car, and its your turn. :thumbsup:

Will see if there is another alternative but not sure yet if not I will take aternoon off and drive to you............beer vouchers permitting :D

Looks like I may be be at USS after all :lol:

QoFxx

Edited by chrissie