Birthday Boys Special

I KNOW IT'S not A MONTH OFF,its now a week off YET WE WOULD LIKE TO INFORM ONE AND ALL THAT THE NEXT SOULFUL SHACK ON MAY 2ND. IS A "BIRTHDAY BOYS SPECIAL".

MINE AND STEVE CROOKS AND ALSO DAVE RIMMERS.

We are really pleased to have Dave with us on this night, especially as it is his birthday also. We'll be playing sixties soul/RnB and popcorn for all of you(and ourselves). We would be really pleased if you would come and help us make this night, especially so, for all the birthday boys, our best attended yet. all the ingredients are here for making this venue a favourite amongst lovers of 60's soul, soulful RnB and popcorn. All we need is for you to come and give us a try.

Our last do in April was matched again in attendance with 40+, with people travelling from Leeds, York, west Midlands, Cambridge and North Wales and some from Yorkshire(But i forget where exactly). I think it's fair to say that they would come again, and do keep coming again...You don't travel those sort of distances for a rubbish night...i know we arent in a city centre or right on a motorway junction, but we are easily accesible off the m62, m6 and a580 East Lancashire road. And we aren't hard to find. ONLY Being between 5 and 10 minutes from each of the mentioned routes.

DAVE RIMMER IS ON, AND IT'S HIS BIRTHDAY.

STEVE CROOKS IS ON, AND IT'S HIS BIRTHDAY.

AND IT'S MY 40TH!!!!, AND I'M ON!!

So are any of you out there gonna come and enjoy this night with us, please leave a note and see if we can convince you!!!

regards Mike and Ste!!!

Come on, you'll enjoy it...

Edited by posstot
  • Replies 32
  • Views 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

I KNOW IT'S A MONTH OFF, YET WE WOULD LIKE TO INFORM ONE AND ALL THAT THE NEXT SOULFUL SHACK ON MAY 2ND. IS A "BIRTHDAY BOYS SPECIAL".

MINE AND STEVE CROOKS AND ALSO DAVE RIMMERS.

We are really pleased to have Dave with us on this night, especially as it is his birthday also. We'll be playing sixties soul/RnB and popcorn for all of you(and ourselves). We would be really pleased if you would come and help us make this night, especially so, for all the birthday boys, our best attended yet. all the ingredients are here for making this venue a favourite amongst lovers of 60's soul, soulful RnB and popcorn. All we need is for you to come and give us a try.

Our last do in April was matched again in attendance with 40+, with people travelling from Leeds, York, west Midlands, Cambridge and North Wales and some from Yorkshire(But i forget where exactly). I think it's fair to say that they would come again, and do keep coming again...You don't travel those sort of distances for a rubbish night...i know we arent in a city centre or right on a motorway junction, but we are easily accesible off the m62, m6 and a580 East Lancashire road. And we aren't hard to find. ONLY Being between 5 and 10 minutes from each of the mentioned routes.

DAVE RIMMER IS ON, AND IT'S HIS BIRTHDAY.

STEVE CROOKS IS ON, AND IT'S HIS BIRTHDAY.

AND IT'S MY 40TH!!!!, AND I'M ON!!

So are any of you out there gonna come and enjoy this night with us, please leave a note and see if we can convince you!!!

regards Mike and Ste!!!

Come on, you'll enjoy it...

Yes, Mike. it sounds like you have a good night planned down there...i also love the type of music you appear to be playing. I think having Dave on is a bit of a coo..and whilst it's his birthday it should be a good night and well worth supporting...I'm just glad promoters out there are trying to make the effort to play something unheard or long since forgotte................alright i'm talking to myself..and yes i'm acting a knob..at least i'm trying( your patience) to drum up support for this night...we wouldn't want our birthday boys disappointed. Especially with Dave ....and also steve crooks on his, and me!!!.... Is nobody even tempted?

please look on event lookbacks for playlists.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, Mike. it sounds like you have a good night planned down there...i also love the type of music you appear to be playing. I think having Dave on is a bit of a coo..and whilst it's his birthday it should be a good night and well worth supporting...I'm just glad promoters out there are trying to make the effort to play something unheard or long since forgotte................alright i'm talking to myself..and yes i'm acting a knob..at least i'm trying( your patience) to drum up support for this night...we wouldn't want our birthday boys disappointed. Especially with Dave ....and also steve crooks on his, and me!!!.... Is nobody even tempted?

please look on event lookbacks for playlists.

Only a week away now, so about time this came back up to the top of the page

Looking forward to this one, with Dave Rimmer Steve Crooks and Bram Breeze, should be a cracking night shout.gif :D:yes:

Its Bank Holiday weekend so why not start the weekend off with some top sounds, very friendly people and cheap beer

Three of the guys are having birthdays including Mike turning 40 (youngster) :thumbsup: so come and help him and the others celebrate and really get the party going

Im looking forward to playing a few new tunes I have picked up recently, that should go down a storm

So get your arses to the Soulful Shack and help make this a fantastic night with lots of this sort of stuff hypo.gif:lol::thumbup::unsure: and none of this :lol:

Better start getting some records sorted - looking forward to the birthday celebrations -

by the way, has the naked woman in a cake confirmed booking for 9.30 ?

Stevie

Yep, reminded my gran last night, still have to work out how we get the zimmer in the cake yet though :thumbsup::lol:

"people travelling from Leeds, York, west Midlands, Cambridge and North Wales and some from Yorkshire(But i forget where exactly)"

So which county do you think Leeds & York are in??? tongue.gif:lol::lol:

"people travelling from Leeds, York, west Midlands, Cambridge and North Wales and some from Yorkshire(But i forget where exactly)"

So which county do you think Leeds & York are in??? :D:D:g:

I MEANT SOME OTHER PEOPLE FROM YORKSHIRE...BESIDES THEM FROM LEEDS AND YORK!!! YOU... UR"CHIN" laugh.gif:lol::lol:

I MEANT SOME OTHER PEOPLE FROM YORKSHIRE...BESIDES THEM FROM LEEDS AND YORK!!! YOU... UR"CHIN" :lol::lol::D

I nearly come from Yorkshire rolleyes.gif:D:g:

And dont forget North Wales , the West Midlands and Cheshire ( where the posh people live )

I nearly come from Yorkshire rolleyes.gif:lol::lol:

And dont forget North Wales , the West Midlands and Cheshire ( where the posh people live )

Looking forward to Friday Steve-counting the days -party poppers , baloons and all the best music to listen to can't waite. :D

Looking forward to Friday Steve-counting the days -party poppers , baloons and all the best music to listen to can't waite. :D

Lou looking forward to seeing you and Steve on Friday

If I get time this week I will wade through my old photos and see what I can find with Lorraine on , if any at all

Records sorted - really looking forward to Friday. Would urge anyone wanting to hear something different to come along and give this a go. Dave Rimmers gonna be there so it can't be too scarey..........

Looking forward to havin you, 'do your thang', down here on your birthday Steve. I'm not holding my breath for a track listing though ph34r.gif:thumbup::thumbup: !!

We have Dave Rimmer here with us, also on his birthday and I'm FFFFFFFF40!!(Its all down hill from here on out).

So as our Steve has mentioned, If you'd like to here something Different, but still Quality. Please come and give us a go...perhaps before you head off to a nighter....Could well end up joining you....

.........We might go, all out, and even buy some party poppers :lol::lol: (wow).

.........As we've mentioned, between 40 and 50 has been the run so far on attendances, yet we feel if you were to come you'd come again, and make this venue that extra bit special for the boys and girls already supporting us...

No we don't play "the usual" because we are interested in unearthing and re-establishing forgotten 60's soul, soulful RnB and the popcorn vibe(big city, big vocal, left fielders and not so worn out records from 2 quid to 200+) Thats not to say, if you ask for something you want to hear, we wont play it. If it's a quality track and we have it we will endevour to play it for you. Check out our track listings, in events lookbacks and see for yourself the wide range of sixties tunes that we are hoping to replennish your souls with.

OOH and by the way, Steve Longworth and myself are on at the Hideaway next time(May), So we can't be playing poo, if the boys there have invited us along...And Honoured we are too.truly... :lol:

Lastly, not forgetting Bram Breeze, a true gent and a pleasure to have him with us...he has great taste in music and is going to slot in lovely with what we are trying to achieve...so thanks to all who are coming, and we'll see you down there!!!!

WE'VE GOT DAVE RIMMER ON TOO.....WE ALL KNOW THE QUALITY THIS FELLA BRINGS TO AN EVENING, SO COME ON..IT AIN'T NO BIG THING BABY...COME GIVE US A TRY.

ALL THE VERY BEST ONE AND ALL, SEE YOU THERE, MIKE.

Going to be a solid slab of RnB from me, cos it's what I like and what I hope the dancefloor will like :shades:

THAT'LL DO IT STEVE, PLAY WHAT YOU LIKE, AND IT WILL BE APPRECIATED,!!! :wicked:

I'M THINKIN THE MUSIC WILL BE OFF THE SCALE THIS TIME AROUND, MORESO THEN ANY OTHER NIGHT.....PEOPLE JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY'RE MISSIN!!!

Going to be a solid slab of RnB from me, cos it's what I like and what I hope the dancefloor will like biggrin.gif

Funny that as I will be playing Rubettes, Showadawaddy, Slade & Sweet cos my wife says she loves "Little Willy" ( thank God !!! )

Hi there....we'll be coming along on Friday with Mr. Breeze and his good lady, Kath.

Missed last month so we are looking forward to this one!

Tony & Lisa :lol:

Hi Tony and Lisa, It will be a pleasure to have you...thanks, Hope you enjoy yourselves.... :lol:

Mike.

Oh, presuming that's you Tony in the avataar, and hopefully not Lisa!!!...Please would you put your teeth in so i can understand what your saying..looks like it could be difficult :lol: . ..bum mlin hummut sherbah dom fullnumfluffin ..bafstefffffrrrs! huh.gif sorry?

Edited by posstot

Well what can i say.As i'm writing this i'm listening to Steve Longworths (Longy on the thread) music samples he kindly sent me after seeing a thread about one of our Ad-Lib nights.This is the music everyone should be listening to if they want to know what the scene was originally all about-and in my opinion where its got to go back to to encourage the younger new blood into the scene.I can't "big"these tunes that he sent me up enough to do them full justice.Great club atmosphere music as against large dancehall same-old-same.I've got no vested interest as i don't know the guys at the Soulful Shack so i'm not bumping the thread as a "favour".Believe me the music i'm hearing IS that good. Go with an open mind and put on your dancing shoes because the music positively flows.

All the best on the night guys,it should be some birthday party !!!!!!!!

THAT'LL DO IT STEVE, PLAY WHAT YOU LIKE, AND IT WILL BE APPRECIATED,!!! :boxing:

I'M THINKIN THE MUSIC WILL BE OFF THE SCALE THIS TIME AROUND, MORESO THEN ANY OTHER NIGHT.....PEOPLE JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY'RE MISSIN!!!

I've been fighting off a bad cold all week -Just hope i've got enough energy for tomorrow night because if you like dancing you won't be able to leave the floor to steve's spot and thats not favouritism he has superb taste and knowledge in what he likes can't waite.

Guest Pete Griffin

Better start getting some records sorted - looking forward to the birthday celebrations -

by the way, has the naked woman in a cake confirmed booking for 9.30 ?

No, but it could be me if the op is cancelled :rolleyes:

Happy djing steve, i will catch you next time, i will be well a sleep :rolleyes: and under the knife, or maybe i will be out of surgery :D Hope you all have a good time.

Pete Griff

Hi Tony and Lisa, It will be a pleasure to have you...thanks, Hope you enjoy yourselves.... :rolleyes:

Mike.

Oh, presuming that's you Tony in the avataar, and hopefully not Lisa!!!...Please would you put your teeth in so i can understand what your saying..looks like it could be difficult :rolleyes: . ..bum mlin hummut sherbah dom fullnumfluffin ..bafstefffffrrrs! :D sorry?

Yes, unfortunately it is me but in my younger days when I was in my prime-----still can't find them soddin' teeth, though........

See you on Friday.........Tony

No, but it could be me if the op is cancelled :D

Happy djing steve, i will catch you next time, i will be well a sleep :rolleyes: and under the knife, or maybe i will be out of surgery :D Hope you all have a good time.

Pete Griff

Cheers Pete - Hope all goes well for you mate and see you at the next one :rolleyes:

Well what can i say.As i'm writing this i'm listening to Steve Longworths (Longy on the thread) music samples he kindly sent me after seeing a thread about one of our Ad-Lib nights.This is the music everyone should be listening to if they want to know what the scene was originally all about-and in my opinion where its got to go back to to encourage the younger new blood into the scene.I can't "big"these tunes that he sent me up enough to do them full justice.Great club atmosphere music as against large dancehall same-old-same.I've got no vested interest as i don't know the guys at the Soulful Shack so i'm not bumping the thread as a "favour".Believe me the music i'm hearing IS that good. Go with an open mind and put on your dancing shoes because the music positively flows.

What a great post. In just a few lines you have managed to sum up exactly what this night is all about.

Guest Pete Griffin

Here here, i second it.

Pete Griff

Well, you can't have one without the other!!!...I'd love to give you a taster of the other half of this partnership.PM me(MIKE)[posstot] and, if you'd like, I too will send you a c.d with some CHOICE choons on, which I'm sure you'd enjoy. Once i have your details, I'll send the begger through to you.( thanks for the enthusiasm, about the music, we'd love to see you down here(up here) one night.

All the very best Mike

Here here, i second it.

Pete Griff

HERE HERE HERE...I THIRD THAT..(Well i would, wouldn't I ?) :thumbsup:

All the best to you Pete also, now you'll feel a coldness in your arm and you'll be asleep in one, two, thr.........we could always send you a disc of Ste's music if the Anashtetic...doesn't work whistling.gif:sleep3:

oops i'm in terrrwouble!! :lol:

I've been fighting off a bad cold all week -Just hope i've got enough energy for tomorrow night because if you like dancing you won't be able to leave the floor to steve's spot and thats not favouritism he has superb taste and knowledge in what he likes can't waite.

hey Lou...I'm that excited i could almost...ooh erm I'll see you friday!!

hey Lou...I'm that excited i could almost...ooh erm I'll see you friday!!

Records sorted, bag packed, off to catch the train in an hour or so. Some scoff at my parents (Good job they only live half a mile from the Legion :unsure: ) Then one or two beers to celebrate my Birthday

Dave

Well, you can't have one without the other!!!...I'd love to give you a taster of the other half of this partnership.PM me(MIKE)[posstot] and, if you'd like, I too will send you a c.d with some CHOICE choons on, which I'm sure you'd enjoy. Once i have your details, I'll send the begger through to you.( thanks for the enthusiasm, about the music, we'd love to see you down here(up here) one night.

All the very best Mike

Looking forward to the cd Mike

Well all, my baths runnin, and its off to get the flyers. then sort the kids out, load the car with all the gear and choons, go and set up whilst having the first of many birthday beers...cheers ears, if you're coming..we'll see you there.

Glenn

Thanks for the comments glad you enjoyed the CDs.

We had a top night again last night with some great music played and all the birthday boys really enjoyed themselves all we need now is to increase the numbers

I will try and get over to your place this month and introduce myself

ATB

Steve

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.