Those Hammered ,played Out 45s

hi all, ok so what happens when that 45 as seen its day, hammered to death by every dj ,been booted,

vinyl carvered etc

just got me thinking over the years i have cashed in on a 45s success, but playing a few sounds

the other night perched near the rear of the box was my copy of pat & the blenders which hasnt

seen the light of day for ages. have over the last year pondered whether to sell or trade it on,

still on numerous wants list, but eventhough i dont really play it, do you know what, i cant bear to part with it "just because" it got a right hammering it is still imo a fantastic 45.

so anymore examples of played out hammered 45s you couldnt bear to part with eventhough

you dont play them?

or do you just sell them?

russ

Social source share

• Replies 17
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

hi all, ok so what happens when that 45 as seen its day, hammered to death by every dj ,been booted,

vinyl carvered etc

just got me thinking over the years i have cashed in on a 45s success, but playing a few sounds

the other night perched near the rear of the box was my copy of pat & the blenders which hasnt

seen the light of day for ages. have over the last year pondered whether to sell or trade it on,

still on numerous wants list, but eventhough i dont really play it, do you know what, i cant bear to part with it "just because" it got a right hammering it is still imo a fantastic 45.

so anymore examples of played out hammered 45s you couldnt bear to part with eventhough

you dont play them?

russ

Exactly that Russ.............file em & enjoy them at home, few years down the line, you'll re - discover them again & they'll do thier thing all over.

Russ

Social source share

vinyl carvered etc

you dont play them?

russ

Sell em?? SELL EM?? Are you right in yer head! :P One of the joys of colecting is pulling stuff out the boxes that you forgot you had.

Social source share

perched near the rear of the box was my copy of pat & the blenders which hasnt

You play the other side of course... as long as it's not the instrumental.

Have always thought Good Good Loving was the best side by a mile!

Social source share

Sell em?? SELL EM?? Are you right in yer head! :thumbsup: One of the joys of colecting is pulling stuff out the boxes that you forgot you had.
yes have sold a few over the years, but im not a hoarder of 45s, dont see the point of

hundreds, thousands of 45s sitting doing nothing, rather have a box or two of 700ish 45s that i am

happy with, and that is starting to show as now im finding it hard to part with any 45 from my

collection. and even with this ammount of 45s i do forget what i have too.

regards

russ

Social source share

yes have sold a few over the years, but im not a hoarder of 45s, dont see the point of

hundreds, thousands of 45s sitting doing nothing, rather have a box or two of 700ish 45s that i am

happy with, and that is starting to show as now im finding it hard to part with any 45 from my

collection. and even with this ammount of 45s i do forget what i have too.

regards

russ

With you on that Russ, once you can detact from the emotional attatchment of certain records then the process of selling is not a major problem, certain records as you say I just can't part with, George Blackwell, Sam Williams, Ronnie McNeir, Dena Barnes, Billy Prophet, Bobby Kline, Melvin Davis, Duke Browner etc. etc. I'm having more fun than ever, buy, sell, swap, trade seems to be the way for many of us, quality over quantity everytime for me these day's.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

With you on that Russ, once you can detact from the emotional attatchment of certain records then the process of selling is not a major problem, certain records as you say I just can't part with, George Blackwell, Sam Williams, Ronnie McNeir, Dena Barnes, Billy Prophet, Bobby Kline, Melvin Davis, Duke Browner etc. etc. I'm having more fun than ever, buy, sell, swap, trade seems to be the way for many of us, quality over quantity everytime for me these day's.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

mark spot on, quality over quanity. and with the pound being so strong over the dollar

lately those non emotional attachments that i have sold have been worth double and have

enabled to put some quality 45s into the collection.

regards

russ

Social source share

Guest johnm

I don't have a vinyl collection so you could send them to me to start me off and then

call me when you want them back in 5-10 yrs time................. :thumbsup:

Social source share

mark spot on, quality over quanity. and with the pound being so strong over the dollar

lately those non emotional attachments that i have sold have been worth double and have

enabled to put some quality 45s into the collection.

regards

russ

I'm having a ball on Ebay at the moment, staying away from the big ticket £2,000.00 records which get the big interest sometimes the little interesting bit's and bob's sometimes slip through the net.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Sell em?? SELL EM?? Are you right in yer head! :D One of the joys of colecting is pulling stuff out the boxes that you forgot you had.

Nah, that's greedy Dave! :D

You should be sharing your vast knowledge with some up-and-comers and give 'em the chance to be played out. If you can bear to part with 'em that is LOL..... :D

I know it sounds nuts, but I regularly flog stuff to people I think can use certain tunes - that's how things like Si Hightower and Bobby Taylor finally got out there. I'd almost rather see 'em being used than have 'em on the shelves gathering dust if you see what I mean.

I'm just going through all my gear at the moment and finding that I've got a ton of oddball stuff and quite a bit of this crossover gear too....

It is fun going through 'em and wondering why you kept something - I've still got some right oddballs though...... ph34r.gif

Ian D :D

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

I'm having a ball on Ebay at the moment, staying away from the big ticket £2,000.00 records which get the big interest sometimes the little interesting bit's and bob's sometimes slip through the net.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Know what you mean Mark with bits and bobs, just started to use ebay (not good with technical

stuff :thumbsup: ) and my first buy was a SHARON MARSHALL on Kayden M- for £9 inc Postage from Florida!

Social source share

There's only one problem selling your prized vinyl, particularly when you feel it's run its course in your collection. A few years down the line you hear it again and it touches the parts etc. and you end up paying a lot more than you sold it for.........as I well know :thumbsup:

Social source share

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

That's exactly the way to do it... :rolleyes:

Hope you're well Mark! Mike

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!