Once Bitten

Guest Souljunkie

Guest Souljunkie

Hi

Ok folks gonna ask ye before i buy this time, my other post was about ''Queen of Fools''

and got duped, this time i'm offered ''The fat man'' Butch Baker its on a pink St Lawrence

label, again he says its original, but i said i'm gonna find out first in all honesty he asked me

if i wanted the money back for Queen of Fools but i said no, cos i like the song. Anyway

can any of ye give me info on that other..to be honest i've never heard of the song or

singer....Ignorance on my part.

cheers Jim

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

originaly came out as batman @ the go go.

then got re released as the one mentioned.

it has been booted,but was a debate on here as to which was real or boot.

if the label looks a bit smudgy & cheapish looking,could be boot?.

nae 100% sure.

look back on old posts on here(type butch baker in search engine).

Social source share

originaly came out as batman @ the go go.

then got re released as the one mentioned.

it has been booted,but was a debate on here as to which was real or boot.

if the label looks a bit smudgy & cheapish looking,could be boot?.

nae 100% sure.

look back on old posts on here(type butch baker in search engine).

Batman's copyright was breached company theratened to sue so it was reissued as Working at Go Go.

That was the one that was played on scene originally the rarer batman showed up a bit later.

Hey Rids did you see BBC doc on Marvin gaye it featured his sister in law (Frankie Gray's wife)

she's from Aberdeen and used to be soul girl in '70s.Lives in LA now I think. It will still be on iplayer.

Social source share

Hi

Ok folks gonna ask ye before i buy this time, my other post was about ''Queen of Fools''

and got duped, this time i'm offered ''The fat man'' Butch Baker its on a pink St Lawrence

label, again he says its original, but i said i'm gonna find out first in all honesty he asked me

if i wanted the money back for Queen of Fools but i said no, cos i like the song. Anyway

can any of ye give me info on that other..to be honest i've never heard of the song or

cheers Jim

theres a million dealers to choose from mate and most of em are honest, the good folk on here will always give u honest advice bout tunes etc, if u ever unsure bout originals etc then ask on here first, record collectin is a minefield and i got done a few times wen i started collecting

Social source share

Batman's copyright was breached company theratened to sue so it was reissued as Working at Go Go.

That was the one that was played on scene originally the rarer batman showed up a bit later.

Hey Rids did you see BBC doc on Marvin gaye it featured his sister in law (Frankie Gray's wife)

she's from Aberdeen and used to be soul girl in '70s.Lives in LA now I think. It will still be on iplayer.

hi stu.

no i didnt see the doc.was it a new one.or the one they showed early last year.

didnt know that info about sis in law.will have to visit her for a catch up.cheers for that.

jammy gers did it again,thot bayern was out of cup to stop them.

but my freeview teletex was slow with results.what a come back.

bayern for the cup,lol.

Social source share

Guest Souljunkie

ye one side is ''THE FAT MAN'' and the other is ''Working at the go go'' hes asked me for a tenner for this, but now i know he aint getting diddly

thanks for yere advise guys i appreciate it very much...time to invest ina few books me thinks...manships bootleg/price guide/top 500 and cant remember last one...lol

Social source share

Hi

cheers Jim

Jim, it's the same as Johnny Sayles on St Lawrence. If the address is at the bottom of the label, it's original.......if not, it ain't......

Social source share

Hi

cheers Jim

Hi Jim

This is one of the labels that we are trying to complete

using Label Scans at Hitsville >>> LINK <<<

I hope that it helps.

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!