James Mccleese - Semi-known R&b/northern 45 For Sale (tell Me Why - Marco)

Mot

Hi, I have a sample copy of the following original record for sale:

James McCleese - Tell Me Why / I Need Your Love - Marco ('sample copy - not for sale').

Condition = VG++ (few light marks with an edge warp that does not affect play - plays EX).

Price = £35

Superb semi-known kind of take/version of Miss Lavell's 'Stop These Teardrops'. Books at £150 on JM website.

LISTEN BELOW

Free standard postage, Recorded Post add £2, Special Delivery add £5.

Payment by UK Cheque, UK cash or Paypal (add 4% for their fees),

PM or email me to reserve.

mark_thomas1@hotmail.com

Cheers

Mark

PS - Any sound deterioration on the MP3 is due to compressing the sound file so that I could upload it and does not appear on the vinyl. Apologies for the quality of the MP3..........its sounds very quiet!!

post-6135-1207857945_thumb.jpg

Tell_Me_Why.mp3

Edited by MOT
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 8
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Hi, I have a sample copy of the following original record for sale:

James McCleese - Tell Me Why / I Need Your Love - Marco ('sample copy - not for sale').

Condition = VG++ (few light marks with an edge warp that does not affect play - plays EX).

Price = £35

Superb semi-known kind of take/version of Miss Lavell's 'Stop These Teardrops'. Books at £150 on JM website.

LISTEN BELOW

Free standard postage, Recorded Post add £2, Special Delivery add £5.

Payment by UK Cheque, UK cash or Paypal (add 4% for their fees),

PM or email me to reserve.

mark_thomas1@hotmail.com

Cheers

Mark

PS - Any sound deterioration on the MP3 is due to compressing the sound file so that I could upload it and does not appear on the vinyl. Apologies for the quality of the MP3..........its sounds very quiet!!

Social source share

did you put the turntable output directly into the soundcard? phono outputs aren't Line level (or even flat EQed) they need to go through an amp/mixer first. that would cause it to be very quiet and have no bass...

Michael, thanks for the advice.......I plugged the deck into the microphone socket of my laptop (it worked fine on my old laptop last year). Can't seem to get a clear loud sound out. The deck has a small amp buit in. Just can't seem to work it out? Also been advised to see if my sound card has the correct drivers? Any advice would be welcomed.

BTW - THE RECORD IS ON HOLD.

Social source share

ah, in that case it could be the laptop. to save costs many laptop soundcards only have one input which can then be set to either microphone level or line level (you need the latter). see if you're able to switch it somewhere, what are you using, Windows?

Its a Sony Vio, not new but its just been rebuilt so that might be a problem? Yes, using Windows, have tried recording through microphone, will try line level.

Cheers

Mark

Social source share

Its a Sony Vio, not new but its just been rebuilt so that might be a problem? Yes, using Windows, have tried recording through microphone, will try line level.

Cheers

Mark

Mark, try recording via a pre-amped mixer if you have one.

Definately better recording through 'line in' input if you have one, but it will still work through a mic input with more than enough volume to play with (I have to do it this way myself as have no line-in input on my laptop).

You can also adjust bass/treble/middle on the mixer.

Regards

Mace

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!