Luther Vandross,dont Wanna Be A Fool

De-to

• Replies 9
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I read somewhere that this couldn't be reissued after cotillion issued it (inc LP) as Luther had bought the rights back ..

need to find where I read it now :lol:

sorry never answered your question was just thinking aloud sort of thing

Edited by mischief
Social source share

I read somewhere that this couldn't be reissued after cotillion issued it (inc LP) as Luther had bought the rights back ..

need to find where I read it now :lol:

sorry never answered your question was just thinking aloud sort of thing

thanks for the answer but ive been offered a pic sleeve copy on german or dutch epic,dont wanna be a fool :P:D and buy a rehashed 80s thingy :D:D i know he didnt like his early stuff himself, :lol::P
Social source share

He recorded a tune in the late 80s entitled "I don't want to be a fool", not to be confused with "I don't wanna be a fool" (Cotillion). As stated, a completely different record.

Yes, Luther bought the rights to all his Cotillion stuff with the group Luther. He didn't think they were up to scratch, and they will probably never be reissued now.

PS. the Cotillion LP "This close to you" is in my opinion one of the all time great soul LPs. "Follow my love" off the LP knocks "Don't wanna be a fool" into a cocked hat as a dancer.

Social source share

don't wanna be a fool" (Cotillion).

PS. the Cotillion LP "This close to you" is in my opinion one of the all time great soul LPs. "Follow my love" off the LP knocks "Don't wanna be a fool" into a cocked hat as a dancer.

'A Lover's Change' & 'Jealousy Is In Me' are fantasic track too

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!