The Ritz Ballroom

Guest Souljunkie

Guest Souljunkie

I've just been trying to find the Ritz Ballroom website in brighouse to see when the next

soul night is, they are usually the 3rd friday in every month, anyway i came across

another site that was giving the venue a great reveiw, only to read that the place

is up for Auction at Christies leeds, this would be a shame to happen

apparentley it is part of the owners retirement plans.. :lol: DON'T RETIRE..

and would be terrible if developers get they're hands on it.

Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I've just been trying to find the Ritz Ballroom website in brighouse to see when the next

soul night is, they are usually the 3rd friday in every month, anyway i came across

another site that was giving the venue a great reveiw, only to read that the place

is up for Auction at Christies leeds, this would be a shame to happen

apparentley it is part of the owners retirement plans.. ohmy.gif DON'T RETIRE..

and would be terrible if developers get they're hands on it.

I was told a few years ago,it was being redeveloped,flats or something?

Kev :rolleyes:

Social source share

When the situation reared its' head last year about closure of The Ritz , Ginger stated , after negotiation , that they had got a stay of execution until June of this year ........

It is obvious that date is getting near , so I am not surprised of the news that the building - and more so , the valuable land on which it sits - is up for sale once more ..........

Malc Burton

Social source share

Guest Souljunkie

When the situation reared its' head last year about closure of The Ritz , Ginger stated , after negotiation , that they had got a stay of execution until June of this year ........

It is obvious that date is getting near , so I am not surprised of the news that the building - and more so , the valuable land on which it sits - is up for sale once more ..........

Malc Burton

Ye was reading another article about a fella from the group ''Jimmy James and the Vagabonds'' think it was the lead singer, who is trying to get a kind of consortium

together to save it from falling into the hands of developers, and keep it going as the

it is famed for, he can't put up the full some hisself so hes trying all avenues, says he would lease the place, but thats a no go apparentley.

Social source share

Ye was reading another article about a fella from the group ''Jimmy James and the Vagabonds'' think it was the lead singer, who is trying to get a kind of consortium

together to save it from falling into the hands of developers, and keep it going as the

it is famed for, he can't put up the full some hisself so hes trying all avenues, says he would lease the place, but thats a no go apparentley.

Whether The Ritz has a history or not , the main problem with attempting to save it , or for any building / buildings that sit on a prime piece of land , is that the owner / owners of the property knows / know full well that the final selling price - more likely to be final bidding price at auction - will realise a figure that is far in excess of any income that can generated by running it as a business , and unfortunately , money speaks louder that history or sentiment .........

Malc Burton

Social source share

Guest Souljunkie

Whether The Ritz has a history or not , the main problem with attempting to save it , or for any building / buildings that sit on a prime piece of land , is that the owner / owners of the property knows / know full well that the final selling price - more likely to be final bidding price at auction - will realise a figure that is far in excess of any income that can generated by running it as a business , and unfortunately , money speaks louder that history or sentiment .........

Malc Burton

Unfortunatley you are 100% correct on that point, you never now, somewhere hidden in

a drawer overlooked, might be a preservation order (wishful thinking) so they can't pull it down..lol

Social source share

Unfortunatley you are 100% correct on that point, you never now, somewhere hidden in

a drawer overlooked, might be a preservation order (wishful thinking) so they can't pull it down..lol

You know what happens with buildings with preservation orders on them,they let them go derelict then one night they have a mystery fire,then they have to pull them down.

Kev :ohmy:

Social source share

there is some sort of preservation order on it ...but at what level,?

talking to ginger at the ritz the other month and he said they hope for at least another year.... lets hope so ! :wicked:

next Ritz... april 18th

16th may

and a special tribute to tony banks on 23rd may

KTF

Social source share

Guest Souljunkie

there is some sort of preservation order on it ...but at what level,?

talking to ginger at the ritz the other month and he said they hope for at least another year.... lets hope so ! :ohmy:

next Ritz... april 18th

16th may

and a special tribute to tony banks on 23rd may

KTF

Hope so

will be there next week :wicked:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!