Herbie Goins On Tv

Denbo

Did anybody else notice the Sky Sports advert for May's sporting events just after the Utd v Arsenal game supported by Herbie Goins's No.1 In Your Heart?

Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anybody else notice the Sky Sports advert for May's sporting events just after the Utd v Arsenal game supported by Herbie Goins's No.1 In Your Heart?
hello denbo,just saw it on sky a real old soul tune from back in the day on uk parlophone and was i think a £100 record also came out on a uk lp of the same title but never seen or heard this lp, :wicked::ohmy:

Social source share

hello denbo,just saw it on sky a real old soul tune from back in the day on uk parlophone and was i think a £100 record also came out on a uk lp of the same title but never seen or heard this lp, :wicked::ohmy:

Yeah, I've got the Lp as well as the 45 both, as you say, on UK Parlophone.

Amazing to suddenly hear it like that on the telly in an advert.

Social source share

:rolleyes: Remember Herbie from the Twisted Wheel he use to put a great show on and No 1 in your heart was played pretty regular at one time.

He appeared there a few times as one of the guys who was always about on the scene going back even before my time.

regards Brian

Social source share

Ive heard a few rare soul tunes on Sky, so there must be one of us in there.

If you had the chance to put a song to a sky sports event what would it be?

As a starter, I would pick 'Captain of my ship - 7th Wonder' for the powerboat races.

Ed

Social source share

There are a few here at Sky that like soul. One young female promo director loves the old stuff. There are many artistic people who see the connections of the song to the piece they are editing very well. People wear the T shirts and hats to get the message across.

Social source share

There are a few here at Sky that like soul. One young female promo director loves the old stuff. There are many artistic people who see the connections of the song to the piece they are editing very well. People wear the T shirts and hats to get the message across.

================

Watch Shameless tomorrow to see Frank Gallagher wearing a northern soul t-shirt.......... imagine if people at northern do's actually got into that state :thumbsup: Shameful perhaps :)

Social source share

:thumbsup: Remember Herbie from the Twisted Wheel he use to put a great show on and No 1 in your heart was played pretty regular at one time.

He appeared there a few times as one of the guys who was always about on the scene going back even before my time.

regards Brian

Nah, I'm not havin' that Brian, before your time? God, Herbie must be ANCIENT!!! :thumbup:

Social source share

Guest Ferrett

Anyone know 'Coming home to you' by Herbie?

Cracking R&B style tune that's ripe for reactivation now.

I've got it on a battered VG+ US Capitol copy , but I think it also came out on British. Pretty hard one to track down though. Think it's also on the album discussed above.

I believe it was played in the late 60's (Twisted Wheel etc.). Never heard this played out in my 20 years on the scene - except by me :)

Ferrett

Social source share

I noticed it and it sure sounded good. :)

Glad others picked up on it.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

1. R'n'b And Northern: Joe Williams, Herbie Goins, Lou Bond Etc
    Record Sales by CSTA on Sun 08 Jan 2012
    • 1 / 746
    • CSTA on 08 Jan 2012