The Epsilons On Shrine

Is this the same band as on Shrine , Hem & Stax ??

I know the Epsilons did backing for A. Conley & toured with him a few times but were they same as Shrine & Hem Epsilons :lol:

I have a signed early pic of the band with some info on the back but it,s in a frame & i can't remember all of it, no mention of McF & Whitehead (as a mate just told me were in the band, unless later on ), one of them looks a very young Bob Relf & someone stateside once told me he did sing with them for a while !

Any takers :thumbsup:

Ian.

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Is this the same band as on Shrine , Hem & Stax ??

I know the Epsilons did backing for A. Conley & toured with him a few times but were they same as Shrine & Hem Epsilons :lol:

I have a signed early pic of the band with some info on the back but it,s in a frame & i can't remember all of it, no mention of McF & Whitehead (as a mate just told me were in the band, unless later on ), one of them looks a very young Bob Relf & someone stateside once told me he did sing with them for a while !

Any takers :thumbsup:

Ian.

Its the same as the one on hem as hem was a subsidjery (dunno how to spell that laugh.gif ) label of shrine, as far as i know anyway luv Di xx

Social source share

Guest Trevski

Its the same as the one on hem as hem was a subsidjery (dunno how to spell that :thumbsup: ) label of shrine, as far as i know anyway luv Di xx

Hem and Shrine the same group, In fact, The 'B' side to the Hem release- "mind in a blind' is an 'answer' song to "mad at the world"

(In MATW his girl has gone, on "It's allright" she's coming back) and shares the same backing track, if memory serves correctly.

Social source share

ive always wondered if the Stax Epsilons got the name via Richard Spencer of the Winstons (tenor sax/vocal ) remembering it (previously in the Four Kays on Shrine)....they were both assoc with Arthur Conley/Otis Redding backing bands at the time........Jim (Sherlock ) Bates.... :ohmy:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!