Soulful Sessions, Worcester: Down By The River

We've done it; we've found a venue fit for playing music and dancing at!

The Venue: The Rowing Club, Worcester. As the name refers, it's a Rowing Club right on the banks of the River Severn. Stunning little venue with a balcony running round the front and side plus cheap beer, nice mid-sized dance-floor and enough sitting for up to about 60 people.

The Music: We're moving away from the House/bumpybumpy stuff and going back to our roots and playing the music style as we did when we first started out at the Rectifying House in Worcester. So it's 7t's Modern thru to Nu-Soul with some Jazz plus whatever else takes our fancy.

The DJ's: Rob Hurcomb, Steve Lloyd & John Farrell along with Guests DJ's, hopefully these being Sean Hampsey, Steve Plumb, Brian Goucher, Mark Haughton, Dave Allen, Russ Vickers and others with dates to be confirmed.

When: First one up is a bit short notice but it'll give us the night to tweak the sound and set the music policy. May 2nd & June 6th for starters, with one each month thereafter, check the website www.soulstuff.co.uk for more details.

Come along and help support us, it's a wonderful venue and once you've been you'll appreciate both the music and location.

Rob, Steve & John

395120.gif

SoulfulSessionsBanner.jpg

Edited by lloydee
  • Replies 22
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

The Venue: The Rowing Club, Worcester. As the name refers, it's a Rowing Club right on the banks of the River Severn. Stunning little venue with a balcony running round the front and side plus cheap beer, nice mid-sized dance-floor and enough sitting for up to about 60 people.

The Music: We're moving away from the House/bumpybumpy stuff and going back to our roots and playing the music style as we did when we first started out at the Rectifying House in Worcester. So it's 7t's Modern thru to Nu-Soul with some Jazz plus whatever else takes our fancy.

The DJ's: Rob Hurcomb, Steve Lloyd & John Farrell along with Guests DJ's, hopefully these being Sean Hampsey, Steve Plumb, Brian Goucher, Mark Haughton, Dave Allen, Russ Vickers and others with dates to be confirmed.

When: First one up is a bit short notice but it'll give us the night to tweak the sound and set the music policy. May 2nd & June 6th for starters, with one each month thereafter, check the website www.soulstuff.co.uk for more details.

Come along and help support us, it's a wonderful venue and once you've been you'll appreciate both the music and location.

Rob, Steve & John

395120.gif

Hia Guys

Were looking forward to this one been ages since weve had a decent soul nite in the mids , hoping this venue takes off and what a location right on the bank of the severn can i bring my rods [ if you book gouch book him between july and october so i can take him fishing on the severn for the day first]

been phoning round a few people and theres a bit of interest in this nite [ i know where this venue is and its a drop dead place absolutly brill lads]

see ya there

Gary Kev Sue

Guest phillybuster

Good luck with this one boys !

Looks like it will be a great Gig !

Perhaps you could make it a Yarmouth special in October?

Guest Gavin Page

Now dont give steve any ideas......but then again what are gavin and cozza up too in october whistling.gif

rob h.

I will ask Bob and I am in !

Guest Gavin Page

Spoken to Coz B and he is up for it, will need to talk dates though.

The ball is in your court boys. Missing Yarmouth Special !

:yes::lol:

Guest sandi

This sounds like a very nice little venue in the making, just right down our street(us being Sandi & Harpo).

We will certainly be looking in on you, but dont be suprised if we become regulars.

This sounds like it could well fill the void since the Bass Museum finished.

Always find it a refreshing change to to hear that like minded soul lovers are ready to promote good soulful music........Yeah even the modern stuff.

Looking forward to meeting you personally.

Love Sandi xxxx

Rob, Steve & John

395120.gif

WELL DONE MR LlOYD, I'm up for this one

SEE YOU WHEN I GET THERE!

JOHN FISHER

Coppertops will contine with the same musical format it has always had, The Rowing Club,we are just moving the music forward to allow us to play more seventies /crossover and more modern soulfull tunes, Sean, Gavin, I will contact you via pm with future dates.

Thanks for all the interest guys/gals, see you all on May 2nd. night runs from 8pm-1am

cheers rob h. :thumbsup:

Now dont give steve any ideas......but then again what are gavin and cozza up too in october :thumbsup:

rob h.

You can carry on giving me ideas like this, I joking said to Gav at Essnce that Worcester is on the West Coast of ENGLAND :lol:

Don't forget to check out the website, www.soulstuff.co.uk, it has directions etc, only thing I haven't put on yet is local Hotels and B&B; I'll update with this & future dates following the May 2nd bash.

WELL DONE MR LlOYD, I'm up for this one

SEE YOU WHEN I GET THERE!

JOHN FISHER

Troop;

Just stumbles over this one. looks interesting,might not be able to make the May doo, but have penciled the diary for the June session. Good luck.

Gouch

Guest phillybuster

Troop;

Just stumbles over this one. looks interesting,might not be able to make the May doo, but have penciled the diary for the June session. Good luck.

Gouch

Like Brian,might not be able to make the May one but will definetely look for future events.October will be really good and wish to be included please.Many thanks,Gary.

Rob, Steve & John

395120.gif

SEE YOU TONIGHT GUYS

JOHN FISHER

Just a quick thanks from Rob, John and myself to those that turned up last night; did we have a good time or what?

Kimbo and the gang, thanks for traveling. The Etheridges, Mr & Mrs Hollyman, Bob & Ian, Billy's gang, Mr Bootleg Fisher, Des Parker and Dave Wilding for the record bar and most of all Dave Allen, it's good to see him out and about thumbsup.gif

Music seemed to hit the spot, not only was the room jumping but the records too; I'll get that sorted for next one.

Kev Etheridge and Dave Allen are booked for the next Sessions - June 6th, so should be just as good if not better.

See ya next time

Edited by lloydee

Just a quick thanks from Rob, John and myself to those that turned up last night; did we have a good time or what?

Kimbo and the gang, thanks for traveling. The Etheridges, Mr & Mrs Hollyman, Bob & Ian, Billy's gang, Mr Bootleg Fisher, Des Parker and Dave Wilding for the record bar and most of all Dave Allen, it's good to see him out and about thumbsup.gif

Music seemed to hit the spot, not only was the room jumping but the records too; I'll get that sorted for next one.

Kev Etheridge and Dave Allen are booked for the next Sessions - June 6th, so should be just as good if not better.

See ya next time

Sue Says

got totally twated last night and had a ball , good sized crowd , great atmosphere and the fosters is cheap [god knows how she got slaughtered on fosters] oh and the tuneage was good too :lol: , and the venue is a smokers paradise :rolleyes:

thanks Gary and Sue

:rolleyes:

Source Advert