Jim Gilstrap 'run, Run, Run' (bell)

Can some kind soul please help me out here? Need a quick ID on the above - can't see any mention of a bootie in either of JM's books - can somebody please tell me how to differentiate between original and bootie?

Thx...Mark Rez :thumbsup:

Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Can some kind soul please help me out here? Need a quick ID on the above - can't see any mention of a bootie in either of JM's books - can somebody please tell me how to differentiate between original and bootie?

The boot has very very poor print definition. Original nice and clear ( as you would expect from a major record company).

The boots came out shortly after Ian Levine discovered this ( I believe they were done by his pal who runs some major soul events etc - but don't quote me as I don't want suing! However, I may be wrong on this!)

Social source share

===

reissue is a real dull silver label...aLSO think orig has a bell stamp..

maybe johns never had a real copy

one of ian levines REAL RARE one s when he came back...gr8 tune!

Social source share

Apologies that I cannot help much on this , but the label on the boots of " RRR " were a very dull silver colour , as opposed to the brightness of Bell releases around the time ......

If this helps , shown below is a scan of " RRR " , taken from an archieve of scans I have : apologies for the size of the image , but it will show you what an original looks like ......

Malc Burton

post-5097-1208511678_thumb.jpg

post-5097-1208511710_thumb.jpg

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

=====

didnt ian copys hiss a little too??

alot of bell issues were on styrene

only seen one for sale Adey Pierce shortly after ian was playing it - £500

must be rare - seldom turns up!

It's pretty rare. I know one was auctioned on JMs site a few years ago. Thing is Bell probably never distributed it.

Ian's had hiss on it, think that one went to Tim Brown in the end.

Social source share

It's pretty rare. I know one was auctioned on JMs site a few years ago. Thing is Bell probably never distributed it.

Ian's had hiss on it, think that one went to Tim Brown in the end.

Adeys went to japan?

I tried to buy within 3 seconds of the email landing. But too late :thumbsup:

I heard tim bought Ians. Can anyone confirm?

I have never seen a copy in the flesh and it is doesn't get any hits on google for sale

Social source share

Guest Soul Sid

WELL WOULD YOU ADAM N EVE IT,JUST PLAYING A FEW TUNES WHILE THE PC IS WARMING UP AND AV A GUESS WHAT IM PLAYING AS I READ THIS THREAD? SIDE EFFECT-RUN, RUN( BUT DONT GET EXCITED) soul brother records AND YOUR WRITE IT DOES SOUND A LOT MORE MEDIOCRE THAN I SEEM TO REMEMBER.iD BE WELL PISSED OFF IF I PAYED £500.00 FOR IT, CAN THINK OF LOADS OF45S I WOULD PREFER TO SPEND 500.00 ON. gOOD JOB IM POOR!! athe best> sid :ohmy: THERE YOU SEAN LITTLE THUMBS UP FYA

Social source share

WELL WOULD YOU ADAM N EVE IT,JUST PLAYING A FEW TUNES WHILE THE PC IS WARMING UP AND AV A GUESS WHAT IM PLAYING AS I READ THIS THREAD? SIDE EFFECT-RUN, RUN( BUT DONT GET EXCITED) soul brother records AND YOUR WRITE IT DOES SOUND A LOT MORE MEDIOCRE THAN I SEEM TO REMEMBER.iD BE WELL PISSED OFF IF I PAYED £500.00 FOR IT, CAN THINK OF LOADS OF45S I WOULD PREFER TO SPEND 500.00 ON. gOOD JOB IM POOR!! athe best> sid thumbsup.gif THERE YOU SEAN LITTLE THUMBS UP FYA

Jim Gilstrap is a different take to Side Effect; still Jim Gilstrap singing though. Love 'em - played out nice n' loud :-)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!