Function at the Junction Shoirt Film

Guest Kolla

Many many moon ago we discussed this short film on Soul Source. (Mike maybe you can find original forum discussion page)

Back then it had a limited distribution (only film festivals etc) so not many people have seen it yet. However ..... you can now view it online at the following address:

https://www.tiscali.co.uk/entertainment/film/shortfilms/

If the above link doesn't work (ie: it displays different films each week) - then CLICK HERE to stream the video instead.

Social source share

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just how much can you cram in a 12-minute film? Not much, and I'm sorry to say that it wasn't long enough. Had it been expanded to, say, an hour, then the film could have turned into something a bit more interesting.

Yes, I have to say I thought Paul Kaye played an excellent part as a nobhead of a DJ - definitely Dennis Pennis!! Peter Kay would also have done an equally good job. Now, I wasn't old enough to attend Soul nites in 1975 (I was just starting secondary school), so can't vouch for the film having authentic settings, but were the bouncers really that pushy?? I think not...........

To sum up, it's a mediocre film which wasn't given time to evolve into a decent storyline. Excellent oldies played, except for "The Jocker" by Butch Baker........what do you mean I've made a mistake? Look mate, my ORIGINAL PRESSING on Cherub credits it as THE JOCKER, so it must be right!!! Sounds exactly like the Mylestones though..........

Gene.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!