Moon Williams - What's The Title?

I know this guy had a few records on DJM but does anyone know the name of the one (or ones) that are currently being played? I have one called I Wanna Make An HOnest Woman Out Of You on DJM 10693, it's a very good (if there is such a thing) uptempo 'modern' dancer but not sure if thats the right one. Comes with a promo pic sleeve thing, and obviously is no use to me!

Social source share

• Replies 28
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest martinsbox

Hi Pete,

The only thing I have listed for Moon williams is "Everytime I take the time" on M.C.A. listed at about 12 u.k. Pounds.

Martin

Social source share

There is an expensive one by him called "All For You", maybe this is the one you're thinking of? His others are all quite cheap are they not? I have not heard this track (at least not knowingly) and if someone could provide a soundfile or help otherwise I would be grateful since I am curious as to what it sounds like.

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Here you go Pete (prices from recent lists):

WILLIAMS, MOON DJM 283 ALL FOR YOU / FOREVER KIND OF LOVE 400

WILLIAMS, MOON DJM 332 SHE'S GONE / SENTIMENTAL FOOL 25

WILLIAMS, MOON DJM 375 SUSPICIOUS LOVE / END OF ANOTHER DAY 10

WILLIAMS, MOON DJM 659 EVERY TIME I TAKE THE TIME / WHEN THE RIVER STOPS FLOWING 50

WILLIAMS, MOON DJM 10693 I WANNA MAKE AN HONEST WOMAN OUT OF YOU / A MAN LIKE ME WITH A WOMAN LIKE YOU 40

Social source share

There is an expensive one by him called "All For You", maybe this is the one you're thinking of? His others are all quite cheap are they not? I have not heard this track (at least not knowingly) and if someone could provide a soundfile or help otherwise I would be grateful since I am curious as to what it sounds like.

link

Surprisingly good crossover track!

Social source share

Don't think it's a UK recording, surprising because it looks like it would be a country & western tune.

link

I cant live without you,or there are some with sticks&stones,as the title think it is the same,someone said on here said he jamaican dont remember who?,awesome bit of kit realy blush.gif ,gotta freind who paid £70 for it not too long back,if i lost mine i would gladly pay double.Ken.PS have you got shut of yours the one that started page, i`ll give you £20. :rolleyes:

Edited by kenneth aitchison
Social source share

Thankis for the info everyone. I'll consider your offer Kenny  wink.gif

I'll send a sound clip up later on ok

link

Cant you post up picture,so we can see who Moon is,now that would interesting,oh! if you post soundfile it will f*** things up,because if i like said choon & you dont sell me it,it will proper! f*** me off. :rolleyes: Ken

Social source share

Guest biggray1

I have had some of Mr Williams 45s on Djm over the last few years and have past them on to a mate who likes them :lol: All the records i had all were Demos and came in a Picture sleve!and i can confirm the Guy is WHITE wink.gif There is a piture of him on the Pic Sleves if some one can post a scann if they have a copy :rolleyes:

Social source share

I have had some of Mr Williams 45s on Djm over the last few years and have past them on to a mate who likes them :rolleyes: All the records i had all were Demos and came in a Picture sleve!and i can confirm the Guy is WHITE :lol: There is a piture of him on the Pic Sleves if some one can post a scann if they have a copy laugh.gif

link

There's no picture of him on this sleeve unless he looks like the man in the moon :lol:

just a biog and a cartoon

Social source share

Guest biggray1

WILLIAMS, MOON DJM 659 EVERY TIME I TAKE THE TIME / WHEN THE RIVER STOPS FLOWING 50

WILLIAMS, MOON DJM 10693 I WANNA MAKE AN HONEST WOMAN OUT OF YOU / A MAN LIKE ME WITH A WOMAN LIKE YOU 40

link

[/quote

Sorry Pete I should have said wich one the piccy of Moon is on wink.gif Djm 659 promo Bag! Now who has one :rolleyes:

Social source share

The more i read about this fella!,the less i know and the more intriged i get i think we should start moon fan club,put some more trivia up and you never know i might start one?,but i have only one record by this blue-eyed jamaican from chorly,Kent/Ace might put something together there allways looking for something new/special from unsung forgotten soul men/women/bands be nice for one this side of the pond,any spares of any of his stuff i would be interested not too expencive though!!. whistling.gif Ken

Social source share

The more i read about this fella!,the less i know and the more intriged i get i think we should start moon fan club,put some more trivia up and you never know i might start one?,but i have only one record by this blue-eyed jamaican from chorly,Kent/Ace might put something together there allways looking for something new/special from unsung forgotten soul men/women/bands be nice for one this side of the pond,any spares of any of his stuff i would be interested not too expencive though!!. whistling.gif Ken

link

Heres a bit of info mate:

"Moon Williams, the 27 year old East Ender, must surely be one of the most exciting soul singers to emerge in the country for many years. With dedicated guidance from his producer Kaplan Kaye, Moon Williams is now set to release his latest, and very commendable single. "I'm going to make an honest woman out of you" is a sophisticated soul sound, written by the very talented producer/singer Biddu, and one which will now bring Moon Williams the recognition he so richly deserves"

I remember this guy being on tv in the 70's on variety programs, the musical guest in the middle of sketch shows etc.

Social source share

"Moon Williams, the 27 year old East Ender, must surely be one of the most exciting soul singers to emerge in the country for many years.  With dedicated guidance from his producer Kaplan Kaye, Moon Williams is now set to release his latest, and very commendable single. "I'm going to make an honest woman out of you" is a sophisticated soul sound, written by the very talented producer/singer Biddu, and one which will now bring Moon Williams the recognition he so richly deserves"

I remember this guy being on tv in the 70's on variety programs, the musical guest in the middle of sketch shows etc.

link

Well that clears things up,27year old blue-eyed jamaican east-ender,from chorly the plot thickens,cheers pete. whistling.gif Ken

Social source share

• 1 month later...

"Moon Williams, the 27 year old East Ender, must surely be one of the most exciting soul singers to emerge in the country for many years.  With dedicated guidance from his producer Kaplan Kaye, Moon Williams is now set to release his latest, and very commendable single. "I'm going to make an honest woman out of you" is a sophisticated soul sound, written by the very talented producer/singer Biddu, and one which will now bring Moon Williams the recognition he so richly deserves"

link

hi. i am looking for a track called excuse me (for the strange things i do)

Can anyone one out there help. this is a track by moon williams... i had the 45 disk around twenty year ago and can't find it anywhere

Social source share

hi. i am looking for a track called excuse me (for the strange things i do)

Can anyone one out there help. this is a track by moon williams... i had the 45 disk around twenty year ago and can't find it anywhere

link

Dont quote me,but think its other side to cant live without you,find later let you know,thats if you dont know anyway????think you should of kept it,not cheap but nice try!,you want mine it will cost you loads and loads,awesome demo though! :thumbsup:

Social source share

Dont quote me,but think its other side to cant live without you,find later let you know,thats if you dont know anyway????think you should of kept it,not cheap but nice try!,you want mine it will cost you loads and loads,awesome demo though! :thumbsup:

link

Deffo!this one :lol:

Social source share

• 4 months later...

got my copy off Mr.Potts for a substantial sum along with the UK only Foundations "changed my life" on pyscho records.............would make a good thread, UK only 7t's releases!?

p.s was Tom Green on Action UK only?

Social source share

got my copy off Mr.Potts for a substantial sum along with the UK only Foundations "changed my life" on pyscho records.............would make a good thread, UK only 7t's releases!?

p.s was Tom Green on Action UK only?

Great idea for a thread. Tom Green uk only (just fluked a minter from GEMM . :D ...listed as other side!!!)

BH thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif:D:lol:smile.gif

Social source share

I know this guy had a few records on DJM but does anyone know the name of the one (or ones) that are currently being played? I have one called I Wanna Make An HOnest Woman Out Of You on DJM 10693, it's a very good (if there is such a thing) uptempo 'modern' dancer but not sure if thats the right one. Comes with a promo pic sleeve thing, and obviously is no use to me!

there is one by moon called "argentina heroes", although with a title like that it does not sound too hopefull as a current play!!

Social source share

everytime i take the time is listed on gemm by an american seller as being on mca so it maybe got a us release good tune! :yes::D

Social source share

• 13 years later...

Moon is alive and well and a good friend of mine, as well as his own releases he has sung on/a number
of tracks (under a different name) ;-)  He still performs at local pubs where he lives London and is actually
going to be singing a couple of tracks at my Birthday Party on 22nd Feb 2019 in Teddington.

Here is a playlist of some 😉

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuZ4k-waKIk&list=PLa5u1kJLAV0Ea4nz1oR12lf5oAP1bxF7-

❤️

250518-012408_moo.jpg

Edited by Scooter Les
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert