Soul Revolution.. Friday... 16th May...london

Soul Revolution returns Friday May 16th at The Bedroom, Rivington Street London, EC2! We are running from 8pm till 3am, tickets are available in advance from the website for £8... www.soulrevolution.co.uk

post-1203-1209022379_thumb.jpg

Room 1: Northern and Rare Soul. Back in the popular downstairs dance hall featuring the over sized Soul Revolution Sound System (hang on to your hats!), with DJs Mick H, James Trouble + VERY SPECIAL GUEST, scene legend, Soul Sam!

A word of warning, if you don't like your soul uptempo, upfront and in your face, this won't be the place for you!

No Butch this time, but he is doing a 3 hour special later in the year, so something to look forward to!

Because of the level of interest in this event we are likely to be making use of all three rooms at the venue this party, and advance tickets are recommended from www.soulrevolution.co.uk , I will update with details of this after a meeting with the management this week...

Cheers

James

Room 2... Soul Or Nothing....

A pretty nice line up with Ady/Matt/Steve as soul revolution virgins... Same place/same time/same format.... 60s/70s... Underplayed northern/ crossover/Rnb/ deep soul/beat ballads/ rare groove and then some.... Looking forward to a good few folk making the trip for the whole weekend as its the 100 club on the Saturday too... Will be good to see the Leeds boys again, its been too long.. Pm me if you need any other info...

Soul Or Nothing in the upstairs loft

May 16th...

Matt Male

Baz

Paul Grant

Ady Croasdell

Adam Leaver

Steve Brazil

post-1203-1209021450_thumb.jpg

Edited by little-stevie
  • Replies 54
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest James Trouble

Tickets have been flying out for May 16th, and it's starting to look like we could have another sell out on our hands. If you're thinking of traveling to the party it would be worth considering buying advance tickets as we have a limited capacity!

Someone called Manus Doherty from Brighton purchased tickets but his email address does not seem to be working so I can not contact him, does anyone know him, or is he on here?

JT

Edited by James Trouble

Tickets have been flying out for May 16th, and it's starting to look like we could have another sell out on our hands. If you're thinking of traveling to the party it would be worth considering buying advance tickets as we have a limited capacity!

Someone called Manus Doherty from Brighton purchased tickets but his email address does not seem to be working so I can not contact him, does anyone know him, or is he on here?

JT

could that be Manus on here - he lives in Brighton

Guest James Trouble

could that be Manus on here - he lives in Brighton

Cheers Kirsty,

I'll try and track him down, or if Manus is reading this, can you forward me an alternative email to the one that your paypal order provided.

Thanks

JT

Manus is usually on the Crossover threads in Media Source. :thumbsup:

Hello James I'll PM you another email address for the print out - thanks Kirsty and Kev for pointing in the right direction twas me. Really looking forward to visiting Soul Revolution.

Cheers

Manus

Hello James I'll PM you another email address for the print out - thanks Kirsty and Kev for pointing in the right direction twas me. Really looking forward to visiting Soul Revolution.

Cheers

Manus

Cheers

Manus

Hi Manus

Will be good to catch up with you again my friend,its been a good while since the 1st anniversary in Manchester..

Take care mate and see you in the loft on the 16th :thumbsup:

ps...

As James said, its pretty easy to buy the tickets on the website... www.soulrevolution.co.uk

Edited by little-stevie

Hi Manus

Will be good to catch up with you again my friend,its been a good while since the 1st anniversary in Manchester..

Take care mate and see you in the loft on the 16th :rolleyes:

ps...

As James said, its pretty easy to buy the tickets on the website... www.soulrevolution.co.uk

Really looking forward to it Steve

All the best

Manus

Dj line up for my little room is as stated on this topic.. Thanks for the pms regarding djs listed on the website :lol: I am sure that James will correct that when he's got a chance..

Bearsy will not be anywhere near the decks, its too far from the bar :P

Also had a few asking me for tickets :g: ... Its quick and easy direct from the website...

Just had news too that the 100 club is back to its all niter times... .. Thats good news for people wanting to make a weekend of it in London.. I know we have a good few who have made plans to travel and sort out hotels etc... For more details go to https://www.6ts.info/

Enjoy the sunshine :thumbsup:

Edited by little-stevie
Guest James Trouble

Hi guys, I believe Soul Revolution is featured on Channel 4 tonight, 7.55pm, as part of a series of short films called "The Gathering". It follows Soul Revolution's Steve Catto on his journey from Manchester to Soul Revolution last month, and should show some interesting footage from within the club...

I've not seen it yet, and with my team clashing with Chelsea tonight, I'm not sure I will, but if anyone can record it and put it on Youtube there will be a free ticket in it for you for the next Soul Revolution...

JT

Hello James sent you a PM with details at the w/end but haven't heard anything yet, just wondering if you got it.

Cheers

Manus

Guest DonnaD

Hi guys, I believe Soul Revolution is featured on Channel 4 tonight, 7.55pm, as part of a series of short films called "The Gathering". It follows Soul Revolution's Steve Catto on his journey from Manchester to Soul Revolution last month, and should show some interesting footage from within the club...

I've not seen it yet, and with my team clashing with Chelsea tonight, I'm not sure I will, but if anyone can record it and put it on Youtube there will be a free ticket in it for you for the next Soul Revolution...

I remember seeing something similar where some soulie was followed on thier journey to an event ages ago. Anyone recall it?

I wont be along to this one or I might end up giving birth in the bedroom :thumbup:

ps - Im still waiting for that Sharon Jones pic James :thumbup:

Edited by DonnaD
Guest James Trouble

I remember seeing something similar where some soulie was followed on thier journey to an event ages ago. Anyone recall it?

I wont be along to this one or I might end up giving birth in the bedroom :thumbup:

ps - Im still waiting for that Sharon Jones pic James :thumbup:

Hey, we could get a midwife in the SON room? Get you on the bed, you'll be fine...

Shazza pics are on the other computer, need to bring it over to the new flat. No panic, girl!

Guest James Trouble

Hello James sent you a PM with details at the w/end but haven't heard anything yet, just wondering if you got it.

Cheers

Manus

Sorry Manus, been moving house, just emailed you. All ok, see you May 16th, think a few folk will be coming up from Brighton by the looks of it...

BTW, it might be worth you editing your email details on your paypal account, if you make regular payments through it for ebay. Sellers will have trouble contacting you :thumbup:

Really looking forward to this!

Got a visit from Soulof from Sweden, should be an interesting night. And we'll be doing Middleton on Saturday as well. Anyone else?

:rolleyes:

Marcus

Hi mate

Real shame you are coming up here on the Sat and i will be staying down there for the 100 club.. Sorry no after party ph34r.gif , look forward to seeing you and Brother Olof :rolleyes: at the Revolution..

speak soon :lol:

Real shame you are coming up here on the Sat and i will be staying down there for the 100 club. Sorry no after party :rolleyes: , look forward to seeing you and Brother Olof :D at the Revolution..

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!! NAAAAAW!!!!!

Well but could you at least give me the keys to your flat at the Revolution so that we could have an afterparty the next day after Middleton? Not too much to ask is it? :lol:

Looking forward to see you guys soon mate!

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!! NAAAAAW!!!!!

Well but could you at least give me the keys to your flat at the Revolution so that we could have an afterparty the next day after Middleton? Not too much to ask is it? :rolleyes:

Looking forward to see you guys soon mate!

No after party this time :lol:

Just a quick shout again with regards to tickets, if you are gonna come then you can buy off the website to make sure of entry, don't want you locked out or waiting on the street...

Steve

Edited by little-stevie
Guest Baz

All ready for another cracker down in Shoreditch.

James where abouts is that holiday Inn round the corner, im not feeling as flush this time to stay in the Crown Plaza. :)

See you next week

Love Ronnie the Goat boy

All ready for another cracker down in Shoreditch.

James where abouts is that holiday Inn round the corner, im not feeling as flush this time to stay in the Crown Plaza. :)

See you next week

Love Ronnie the Goat boy

Hi Ronnie

5 mins walk i hear, will be good to see you mate and the beer is on me as ever, they say don't feed the goat but it will need a drink for sure...

Thanks for the pms/ emails, will get back to you all when James confirms all details regarding warm up etc... Cup final day on Sat and time to chill with a few beers too.. Roll on the weekend indeed..

Guest James Trouble

Hi guys,

Sorry for lack of soul-source communication, everything has been a bit up in the air as I've been moving flat...

Over 100 confirmed attendees so far, and a constant stream of emails + texts asking about ticket availability. It looks like we're going to have another packer on on our hands!

Because of the high level of interest we've had a slight change of plan and all three rooms will be utilised again for this party...

We will be starting at 8pm in the upstairs Bed Bar and Soul Or Nothing Room. Val Palmer and Adam will be providing music in the Bed Bar from 8pm till 10.30pm, after that it will be the Bed Bar resident DJs playing a mix of soulful house and garage with a live sax player.

The downstairs dance hall opens at 10.30pm.

Obviously, this is a little bit different to previous parties, but it is because of the level of interest that I felt it was worth doing, as The Soul Or Nothing room may be a little crowded if there were 200+ folk trying to get in there before 10.30!

Entry will be from the Bed Bar entrance before 10.30pm, and The Comedy Cafe entrance after 10.30pm. You will get a stamp on entry which will give you access to all three areas, or if you just want the soulful garage and live sax in the upstiars bar you can pay £3, not sure that will be much good for many folks around these parts? :D

Sounds complicated, but it's not. Basically the SON room and downstairs dance hall are only accessible with the Soul Revolution stamp which you get on entry, while the upstairs bar will be used as an overflow between 8 and 10.30pm :lol:

Because the football is on Saturday we've pulled the idea of having an alldayer. But if anyone has ideas about meeting up to watch the footie, feel free to post up on here possible meeting places.

And of course, there's the 100 Club on the next night, should be a cracking weekend...

Oh, and for those of you who are on Facebook, we've started a Soul Revolution Facebook group, so if you fancy joining up there will offers and cheap tickets for members at future parties...

Edited by James Trouble
Guest James Trouble

Oh, and I've posted up a high quality version onto Youtube of the Channel 4 thingy that was filmed at Soul Revolution...

">
Guest Baz

Is the SON room now in the middle room?

Need two tickets putting aside for a friend, James if you can, i'll send you payment via Paypal just PM me your addy.

Always look forward to shearing a brew or to Mr Cato :yes:

Richard please don't do this to me... Don't try talking a certain someone to organize the jazz place for an afterparty as i'm taking a certain someone along to Middleton early Saturday and NO i don't want him in that state, i won't get a word in!!! ohmy.gif

Be good to see you at Soul Revolution brother.

Marcus

Planning to be down for this...... any sign of an after-party, for Northerners with 7am trains? :D Somewhere underground near Highbury corner would be nice yes.gif
Guest James Trouble

Is the SON room now in the middle room?

Need two tickets putting aside for a friend, James if you can, i'll send you payment via Paypal just PM me your addy.

Always look forward to shearing a brew or to Mr Cato wink.gif

Hi Baz,

As Stevie said, it's pretty much as before, with the downstairs dance hall in operation with SON in the upstairs boudoir. The Bed Bar is going to be open though with Val and Adam providing entertainment in there from 8pm until 10.30pm, largely for overflow before 10.30 as it looks like we're going to have a packer on our hands, and because the downstairs dance hall can not open until 10.30pm I think it would have been a bit crowded with 200+ folk trying to squeeze into SON!

Baz, are your friends one of the tickets that have gone through in the past 24 hours? Or do you still need sorting out? Best to send them through the website, www.soulrevolution.co.uk, talking of which... I've finally updated the front page with the correct DJ line up for SON, apologies for that, only just got my internet sorted in my new place...

i might show me face for a couple of hours :yes:

Sorry i aint been on line much with work.. I will get back to pms and emails later today..

The private bed is ready for you Bearsy and we have hooked up some blackout curtains :thumbup: It could be a Wayne Rooney type home movie :yes::D

Most things in place now and really looking forward to a weekend in London... Our little night Friday, a cold beer and the FA Cup on Sat ( Come on the Bluebirds) and then down the 100 club all niter...

Any more of you lot gonna join us?????

A note to all yet again, if you are gonna come then buy a ticket or take a chance on the door on the night...

Looking forward to a certain ladies coming of age next week, ooooooooh that nice chick from North London :D .. See you upstairs for some shampoo and cake...

I will sort out the dj times in the next day or so.. If any of the djs aint gonna be able to make it early doors then please pm me.. See you all soon

Steve

Really looking forward to this!

Got a visit from Soulof from Sweden, should be an interesting night. And we'll be doing Middleton on Saturday as well. Anyone else?

:lol:

Marcus

Will be grt see u again Macke. Flyin in for the last 3,4 hours of this. perfect start of a grt weekend !! rolleyes.gif

Always good to see the international playboy Viking on tour... Whats gonna be in the bag this time mate rolleyes.gif .. Ticket on the door for you :lol:

Plopp.....................

thanks m8 ! Just plenty books and reading in bag as always :lol: c u and others Friday!

Guest James Trouble

thanks m8 ! Just plenty books and reading in bag as always smile.gif c u and others Friday!

Will be mighty fine to see you again mate!

Got some news of an after party I'll post up later...

Guest James Trouble

Hi guys,

There's an after party just around the corner. Here are the details...

Ye Olde Axe

It goes on until 6am with an all night bar.

69 Hackney Road, London, E2 8ET (near corner of Old Street)

Nearest tubes: Old Street / Liverpool Street

Admission: £5

Jean-Paul Seculaire plus guest play 60s beat, British R&B, club soul, etc.

Sorted :rolleyes:

Edited by James Trouble
Guest James Trouble

I am very sad I can't be there but James, will you play some cheese for me :lol:

:shades: Now then, now then, we'll have none of that after last weekend! laugh.gif

You'll be missed D, but you've got a reasonable excuse, I guess :rolleyes:

Edited by James Trouble

Four of us coming down from Nuneaton. Looking forward to it, i just hope we don't get lost in the big smoke... :lol:

Hi Matt

Here is my mobile if you have any problems... 07752084878

Ask James/Kenny about parking round that veue :) some free paking on side streets after a certain time???

3 days and counting to one of the best line ups in the Soul Or Nothing room and some bloke called Sam downstairs :lol:

Guest James Trouble

Less than 100 advance tickets left now, so please, if you are traveling to Soul Revolution this Friday please consider buying tickets or at least contact me or Stevie before setting off as once we hit capacity the venue will not allow anyone else in!

See you all Friday... thumbup.gif

Guest Lydia H

I'm really looking forward to another night of good music, fantastic company and a large dollop of mischief.

Looks like we are gonna have another great crowd in for the night. I can't wait!

:thumbsup:

Dj times for Soul Or Nothing room...

Not easy on times with guests coming from Leeds, Northants, Midlands, Manchester, Ireland etc.. Hope thse time are ok for you all.. We have an early start at 8pm.. I will warm up the decks then and we hope to have a good crowd in early doors..

8pm.. Steve Cato..

8.40.............Baz

9.10...............Paul Grant

9.40............... Matt

10.10..............Steve Brazil

10.40............. Adam Leaver

11.40...............Ady Croasdell

12.20............... Baz

12.50................Matt

1.20..................Steve Brazil..

1.55...................Paul Grant

Edited by little-stevie
Guest James Trouble

I've had quite a few folk asking about reserving tickets, I'm really sorry but I'm not able to do this because at previous parties people who reserved tickets did not turn up and did not contact us which ment that other customers were turned away as we have hit capacity at all but one of the previous events.

I'm really sorry about this.

Tickets available from www.soulrevolution.co.uk Payment can be made with debit/credit cards or a paypal account.

Dj times for Soul Or Nothing room...

Not easy on times with guests coming from Leeds, Northants, Midlands, Manchester, Ireland etc.. Hope thse time are ok for you all.. We have an early start at 8pm.. I will warm up the decks then and we hope to have a good crowd in early doors..

8pm.. Steve Cato..

8.40.............Baz

9.10...............Paul Grant

9.40............... Matt

10.10..............Steve Brazil

10.40............. Adam Leaver

11.40...............Ady Crosdell

12.20............... Baz

12.50................Matt

1.20..................Steve Brazil..

1.55...................Paul Grant

have a great nite Friday Steve,as if you won't :thumbsup: !!.Wish i could be there,sounds like it's gonna be busy :lol: ,,KEV.

Guest James Trouble

DJ times for the dance hall.

10.30pm till 11.30pm Trouble

11.30pm till 12.30am Mick H

12.30am till 2am Soul Sam

2am till 2.30am Trouble

2.30am till close... Mick H

Edited by James Trouble