Sunday 4th, Real Ale, Real Soul & Real People - Bedford

Wellington Arms

Wellington Street

Bedford.

Geoff Ware & Friends

Real Beer, Real Soul, Real People

Somewhere good to be on a Bank Holiday Sunday, a great friendly atmospere. A meeting of minds, a quick shuffle, a chance to catch up with friends old and new and the best selection of soul and beer in Bedford.

Kicking off about 6.30pm till.............................

Northern/R&B/Motown

QoFxx

Edited by chrissie
  • Replies 12
  • Views 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

DJs so far.............

the downside is, you may get half an hour of Mamsey Pamsey from me :D but the up side is ............

Geoff Ware - spinning rare soul & great club classics,

Steve Cooper - one of the best collections you will ever come across,

Steve G - well what more can I say, my 2nd favorite DJ in the country especially if he is in 60s mode :P

Pete Robinson - Marrs Bar (Worcester) making his Bedford debut

Martin (RBman) Ainscough - The Bedford Salsa Club's Favorite wicked.gif

......more to follow :yes:

QoFxx

Edited by chrissie
Guest Pete Bennett

OK the deed is done. Liz and I are booked into the Park Inn hotel. So lots can get drunk.

Looks like an excellent DJ line up. What time and where for the pre party?

P

OK the deed is done. Liz and I are booked into the Park Inn hotel. So lots can get drunk.

Looks like an excellent DJ line up. What time and where for the pre party?

P

Will call you and let you know, but Martin isn't allowed a drink till at least 7pm after last august :thumbup:

QoFxx

Guest Pete Bennett

Will call you and let you know, but Martin isn't allowed a drink till at least 7pm after last august laugh.gif

QoFxx

OK that will be great. Thank you.

Liz and I have decided to go to Boogaloo on Saturday. so will probably not be as early as originally planned. How about a late lunch/tea/dinner about 4 or 5?

Anyone else up for this? We could have a NS tea party. :thumbsup: Martin you can use it to get a lining on your stomach.

Pete.

OK that will be great. Thank you.

Liz and I have decided to go to Boogaloo on Saturday. so will probably not be as early as originally planned. How about a late lunch/tea/dinner about 4 or 5?

Anyone else up for this? We could have a NS tea party. tongue.gif Martin you can use it to get a lining on your stomach.

Pete.

That's cool for me.....do you want to get a train to St.Albans and I'll pick you up?

Guest Pete Bennett

That's cool for me.....do you want to get a train to St.Albans and I'll pick you up?

Hi Martin, that is very kind of you but the train goes all the way to Bedford so it probably isn't worth your while coming out of your way and, although I am tempting fate here, my guess is that the train will get from St. Albans to Bedford quicker than driving. Did you book the same hotel?

P

Hi Martin, that is very kind of you but the train goes all the way to Bedford so it probably isn't worth your while coming out of your way and, although I am tempting fate here, my guess is that the train will get from St. Albans to Bedford quicker than driving. Did you book the same hotel?

P

I didn't book the hotel as I thought I could squeeze in with you and Liz :unsure: ......

Just in case any of you fancy a trip up to Bedford for an evening of mayhem. This is an early kick off 6.30pm and usually finishes about 11.30-12.00. Pub is a 15 min walk from the station and there are trains back into London with Capital Connect (stopping at most stations on route) at 11.40pm, 00.40am and 01.40am.

It is a fantastic real ale pub (as Martin and Pete Bennett will vouch for) only quite small, we comfortably accomodate 70 peeps at new year etc, but we always manage to find enough floor space to dance. The locals don't bite and are always up for our bank holiday Sunday soul nights.

There is a great DJ line up and Martin is a particular favourite with the local Salsa Club :)

QoFxx

Edited by chrissie

Source Advert