Van Dykes. Solid Smoke Lp

Koolkat

Just returned from a boot sale. Not a lot of records for sale. BUT in one corner was a few lps one of which was by the Van Dykes. Entitled "No Mans an Island on the Solid Smoke label. Save your love and What will I do are on it. So I snap it up for £1.The label is not the most attractive( it looks too modern) Is it a reissue or what?

On my way to work now so thanks for any info in advance. :thumbup:

Edited by Koolkat
Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Solid Smoke is either a bootleg or a semi bootleg label I think - I remember a Deon Jackson lp on the label with rare tracks on

Solid Smoke label, is owned by Rico Tee of Rhythm Records, in Sherma, Conn. It is certainly NOT a bootleg, he also owns the rights also to Ollie McLaughlin material and many other goodies

The Solid Smoke series of LP originated from San Francisco when he was based there in the 80s. They are great LPs and pretty hard to find these days, many contain previously unissued material.

Social source share

Solid Smoke label, is owned by Rico Tee of Rhythm Records, in Sherma, Conn. It is certainly NOT a bootleg, he also owns the rights also to Ollie McLaughlin material and many other goodies

The Solid Smoke series of LP originated from San Francisco when he was based there in the 80s. They are great LPs and pretty hard to find these days, many contain previously unissued material.

Absolutely right , and the Deon Jackson LP on Solid Smoke is from where his previously unreleased version of Barbara Lewis' "I Remember The Feeling" emanates .

The Van Dykes LP also contains "Save My Love A Rainy Day" , the only legitimate LP release of the track as it never appeared on their Bell LP.

Social source share

Absolutely right , and the Deon Jackson LP on Solid Smoke is from where his previously unreleased version of Barbara Lewis' "I Remember The Feeling" emanates .

The Van Dykes LP also contains "Save My Love A Rainy Day" , the only legitimate LP release of the track as it never appeared on their Bell LP.

Deon Jackson played by Nick Marshall in TOTW oldies room .off the LP......great version Edited by platters 81
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!