Lifeline Allnighter Sat 26th April

Guest spreaderone

Guest spreaderone

Just a big thankyou to all involved at Lifeline opening night,at the stables,Wolverhamton.

on sat night.

A truley fantastic night packed house,The tunes played by all djs was top draw,somthing for everyone

Cliffe.top set mate just awsome

JR

Edited by spreaderone
  • Replies 57
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Welcome to your new home, brave to move so far from where you started, but last night you pulled it off big time. It was so nice to see Andy and Mick walk around with smiles on their faces as the people started to pour through the door.

Agree Cliff did a nice set last night, couldn't stay all night as we have a busy week with Bamberg coming up, but we left with Butch rockin' the house.

Top nite and you deserve it

Dave

Guest Sean Haydon

An exceptional night, walked in after 1 am. (after finishing up at Goodyears) to an unexpected packed house. Music was awesome all night long, such a great atmoshpere with friendly like minded people, true soulies. Well done to all the organisers and DJ's.

Thanks for a special night.

Sean.

Haven't been a sixties newies and rareities, atendee for some time, gotta say it was a great night,Butch was awsome, was great to hear my all time top dj(along with Colin) Sam, and although i didn't hear all the other spots , i heard enough to be very impressed

WILL DEFFFO BE THERE AGAIN

HARPO

Guest outonthefloor

Well the resident travellers in the essex soul bus Me, Mark, Shane n Julie picked up there guest traveller for the evening, MrTea and made their way up north for the Lifeline allniter.

Wot an amazing nite! Just got up n me legs are killing me!

Ill have to take a note pad as I always mean to mention a few tunes I really liked but there were so many that hit the spot it would be easier to say the ones that didn't fit the bill...not many I can assure you.

Must say both MickH's sets were bloody awesome n the night was 'paced' so well the floor seemed to speed up and slow down in just the right places making it easy to dance all nite.

Great to see some really nice dancers there too, no peacocks at this event but some beautiful moves on the floor made this night both visually stunning as well as a musical feast!

Good to see old friends, and meet some new ones. Yet again the friendliness of the crowd on this scene of ours never ceases to amaze me and the vibe in the room was fantastic.

Lovely to see Ang n Paul again n Hi to Tabs...yes u can officially give me grief on here now!!! Lol

Hi to Michael, hope you got home ok n I warn you ive already been lookin up flights to Edinburgh on the internet so I hope that invite still stands!! Xx

Heaven really is a place on earth who woulda thought it would be in a darkened room just off junction 11 of the M6!!!!

Thanks to everyone involved.....we will be back

Helen

XXXX

Guest ruppy

Well were do you start after a top notch night ,Firstly all you people who attended the Nighter

from all over the uk.

Thanks for your kind words Dave,and good look with the launch of your new Nighter to,

All the djs who deliverd the goods and kept the floor busy to the end,well done.

You allways wonder how the opening night is gonna turn out,average,just ok,but the launch at the stables

proved a big success for Lifeline,on Saturday night ,packed house and a real buzz about the night

after the last couple of years me & Andy feel like a pair of promoting gypsies moving from one venue to another,fingers crossed this will be our new home for the next few years,

A Big thanks to Chris waterman,for his help in the build up to the opening night.

Chalky ,who was not in attendence Saturday night ,due to a accident at work,get well soon mate,your hard work on this site in promoting the Lifeline Allnighters much appreciated.

Dave & Ant,thanks guys for your work on the night to.

Marcelle,Mandy ,Wendy for your hard work on the door allnight.

So the next chapter continues Saturday June 28th.

So untill then be good

Mick H & Andy Dyson. Lifeline soul club

Had a great night, lots and lots of top tunes from all the DJs, very busy night with a well packed dancefloor, and a fantastic atmosphere.

Well done to the Lifeline team for pulling it off in spectactular style.

I'm sure that this will secure your future success in this superb venue.

Look forward to the next one :thumbup:

Mace

Great night! My usual travel companions Kev, Wayne and myself really enjoyed ourselves thumbsup.gif

Venue is perfect for nighters, the music was superb and everyone was really friendly. Was great to catch up with wilxy who I've not seen for a while and the usual suspects Johnny Fingers, Flanny, Dave Rimmer et all.

Big thanks to Andy and Mick H for letting me spin some tunes from my collection from 10pm - 11pm. After overcoming some early nerves I thoroughly enjoyed it....just hope a few others did as well :lol:

Here's my playlist for my hour spot, in case anyone is interested:

Majestics - (I Love Her So Much) It Hurts Me - Linda

Vashonettes - A Mighty Good Lover - Checker

Dejah Ahres - Let Me Be Your Girl - Verve

Mel Wynn - Don't Want To Lose You - Wand

Patti Hendrix - I'd Believe It - 20th Century

Carol & Gerri - On You Heartache Looks Good - MGM

Lee Webber - Seventh Sun - Excello

Irene & Scotts - Stuck On My Baby - Smash

Alice Clark - You Got A Deal - Rainy Day

Chris Campbell - You Gotta Pay Dues - USA

Fredrick Hymes III - Time Ain't Gonna Do Me No Favour - Fab Vegas

Blood Hollins - Don't Give It Up - Strange Fruit

Robert Taylor & Current Stock - Hot Lady - Lu Tall

Jimmy Scott - What Am I Gonna Do (About You Baby) - Eastbound

Lee Jenning - Just Keep On Loving Me - Star Track

Jimmy Lomax - Come On Home - CAB

Pearl Woods - Something Touched Me - Mala

Irene Reid - The Funny Thing About It - Verve

Dickey & Gloria - Mr Clean - Diamond

Billy Storm & Tempests - Apologize - LeMans

Cavaliers - Hold To My Baby - RCA

Darrow Fletcher - What Good Am I Without You - Jacklyn

Viola Wills - I Got Love - Bronco

Looking forward to the next one already :thumbsup:

Adam.

Great night! My usual travel companions Kev, Wayne and myself really enjoyed ourselves thumbsup.gif

Venue is perfect for nighters, the music was superb and everyone was really friendly. Was great to catch up with wilxy who I've not seen for a while and the usual suspects Johnny Fingers, Flanny, Dave Rimmer et all.

Big thanks to Andy and Mick H for letting me spin some tunes from my collection from 10pm - 11pm. After overcoming some early nerves I thoroughly enjoyed it....just hope a few others did as well laugh.gif

Mel Wynn - Don't Want To Lose You - Wand

Pearl Woods - Something Touched Me - Mala

Irene Reid - The Funny Thing About It - Verve

Dickey & Gloria - Mr Clean - Diamond

Billy Storm & Tempests - Apologize - LeMans

Cavaliers - Hold To My Baby - RCA

Darrow Fletcher - What Good Am I Without You - Jacklyn

Viola Wills - I Got Love - Bronco

Looking forward to the next one already :thumbsup:

Adam.

Nice set Adam :g: did,nt know you were spinning some toons :lol: oh by the way! Have you managed to find that copy of Alice Clark yet? g.gif

JB xxxKTFxxx

Guest Marcelle

Made up for you lads ..... what a corker night, long may you reign :thumbsup:

now though my dancing feet were a little infrequent on the dance floor .... was great to stand back & just watch people having a tip top night ..... & totally agree with outonthefloor, some beautiful soulful dancers .... & no peacocks :lol:

was lovely to see Karl & Kate "so radiant" & totally caught up with having a great night together .. it just gets better for you two with each passing week

they didnt win my darlings wink.gif "if they could see you now" :g:

I must say that this weeks prize for "You think you can dance" comp (couples) just has to be awarded to Mrs Jan Cogs & Mr Chris Waterman ..... they managed to fit in "A Waltz A Tango & just for good measure they threw in a little bit of Salsa" & all to Soul Music ....... TOP MARKS laugh.gif

was good to see so many "younger" faces up dancing & loving it !! May thier affair with Soul be as long & passionate as yours & I ....

now my sincere apologies to that cute dj chapppie ..... Butch I promise I will give up teasing you as other people have been doing it for years ..... there is just no more fun for me in doing it now rolleyes.gif .....

see you all soon ..... xx

Guest gordon russell

the amigo's had a good un alright.parked up as usual with the cool from goole,the usual children of the night in attendance mike cog,flanny and the liv,pool lovelies,karl,H and big phil....never left the dance floor great to see.Nice to see big paul from Mansfield and meet MACE from bidds.really just great to see the folk you know to talk to and the folk you don't talk with,but who it's still good to see em there doing their night time thing.Big up to me old mate TED MASSEY who i've not seen since the 80's.Music as you would expect from these music masters class. hey ANDY the night you had, bet your feelin shit now though lol :thumbsup: . All in all a superb success.Only down side it only took us an hour to get there,have to find a new route next time,so it takes us 3 hours lol......don't feel right somehow lol.Lastly I know POMMA would have been there in spirit and it was great the amount of people who attended his memorial night and then come on to lifeline,I think he would have approved.Sorry to hear CHALKY had ,had an accident.....first time I've heard of something falling off the back of a lorry and being broken lol laugh.gif .Get well soon fella

all the best tezza

Nice set Adam :lol: did,nt know you were spinning some toons thumbsup.gif oh by the way! Have you managed to find that copy of Alice Clark yet? :g:

JB xxxKTFxxx

Thanks JB :thumbsup:

I have indeed managed to find the spare copy Of Alice Clark for you, I'll PM you later about it.

Adam.

Guest Carrie Mehome

Hiya Helen,

Glad you had a good time! Thanks for your offer of lift and we were gutted to turn it down.

Sounds great - we wish we had gone but I'm too under the weather as you know!

See ya soon xx

Well the resident travellers in the essex soul bus Me, Mark, Shane n Julie picked up there guest traveller for the evening, MrTea and made their way up north for the Lifeline allniter.

Wot an amazing nite! Just got up n me legs are killing me!

Ill have to take a note pad as I always mean to mention a few tunes I really liked but there were so many that hit the spot it would be easier to say the ones that didn't fit the bill...not many I can assure you.

Must say both MickH's sets were bloody awesome n the night was 'paced' so well the floor seemed to speed up and slow down in just the right places making it easy to dance all nite.

Great to see some really nice dancers there too, no peacocks at this event but some beautiful moves on the floor made this night both visually stunning as well as a musical feast!

Good to see old friends, and meet some new ones. Yet again the friendliness of the crowd on this scene of ours never ceases to amaze me and the vibe in the room was fantastic.

Lovely to see Ang n Paul again n Hi to Tabs...yes u can officially give me grief on here now!!! Lol

Hi to Michael, hope you got home ok n I warn you ive already been lookin up flights to Edinburgh on the internet so I hope that invite still stands!! Xx

Heaven really is a place on earth who woulda thought it would be in a darkened room just off junction 11 of the M6!!!!

Thanks to everyone involved.....we will be back

Helen

XXXX

It was a great night, Terry great to see you again god knows how you have hung on to your hair whats the secret. See you at Burnley. for all the people who had not been to the stables before you can now understand why Chris and Max have put so much effort into the place hope you can make it for the May one

It was a great night, Terry great to see you again god knows how you have hung on to your hair whats the secret. See you at Burnley. for all the people who had not been to the stables before you can now understand why Chris and Max have put so much effort into the place hope you can make it for the May one

Hi Ted

Good to see you last nite and glad to hear your looking after that Combinations!!!!!!!

Dave

Guest ang b

What a great night, & great people, it was so hot the floors were swimming laugh.gif , i got very confused to wether i wanted to be out side chatting to everyone, but then felt guilty not being inside listening to the great music, great to meet up with Helen & mark again, & lots of other great freinds & have a laugh :thumbsup:

What a great night, & great people, it was so hot the floors were swimming :( , i got very confused to wether i wanted to be out side chatting to everyone, but then felt guilty not being inside listening to the great music, great to meet up with Helen & mark again, & lots of other great freinds & have a laugh :no:

You are spot on Ang.

Just an awesome night.

Considering there were another 20 plus events on last night it was just staggering the numbers in and the atmosphere they created.

No wonder it was so hot :lol:

Again only echoing previous sentiment, absolutely superb night...Arrived when Adam was doing "his thing" and a great set it was too, which was to set the precedent for the top class entertainment throughout the course of what proved to be a brilliant and very impressive "evening out"....Plaudits to all the DJ's,who did the business with great aplomb, and a BIG thank you to the Lifeline "top brass", for your VERY worthwhile efforts (comiserations to Chalky for missing it through misfortune). I can't wait for the next one :no: .......bring it on pretty sharpish, cheers wilxy :(

You are spot on Ang.

Just an awesome night.

Considering there were another 20 plus events on last night it was just staggering the numbers in and the atmosphere they created.

No wonder it was so hot :(

just like to congratulate the lifeline team for having the faith in this venue! to move & call it their "new home" top marks to the team for a massive opening night!! one of the best iv'e ever been to!! & yes as the word spreads about this opener of a night i'm sure the next one will be even better!! if it could be any better!! a top crowd! top sounds! top venue! & as they say!!

"lifeline" the real deal

thanks lad's

max..

Guest MOLLY

The reports filtered through to me first thing this morning, on what an excellent nite it was. But then again it always is :no: . Well done to the whole Lifeline team and all concerned. I will be back attending very very soon, can't wait :(

Best

Molly

just like to congratulate the lifeline team for having the faith in this venue! to move & call it their "new home" top marks to the team for a massive opening night!! one of the best iv'e ever been to!! & yes as the word spreads about this opener of a night i'm sure the next one will be even better!! if it could be any better!! a top crowd! top sounds! top venue! & as they say!!

"lifeline" the real deal

thanks lad's

max..

Was just a brill night Max.

Can only see this going from strength to strength as the word gets round.

Butch, Sam, Mick H doing what they do best :lol:

The other DJ's weren't half bad either. :no:

Took me back to how it was last millenium :(

Again only echoing previous sentiment, absolutely superb night...Arrived when Adam was doing "his thing" and a great set it was too, which was to set the precedent for the top class entertainment throughout the course of what proved to be a brilliant and very impressive "evening out"....Plaudits to all the DJ's,who did the business with great aplomb, and a BIG thank you to the Lifeline "top brass", for your VERY worthwhile efforts (comiserations to Chalky for missing it through misfortune). I can't wait for the next one :lol: .......bring it on pretty sharpish, cheers wilxy :(

Hi Wilxy,

Was great to see you again and meet Ezzie as well :no: Glad you liked the bits I was spinning...can't remember the last time I enjoyed myself so much!!

Not sure I can remember which records you asked me to put aside for you...generally my memory lets me down as the sun starts to come up! If you get a moment (and you can remember) then drop me a PM.

Cheers,

Adam.

Edited by Guest

Was just a brill night Max.

Can only see this going from strength to strength as the word gets round.

Butch, Sam, Mick H doing what they do best :lol:

The other DJ's weren't half bad either. :no:

Took me back to how it was last millenium :(

HI TABS, YOU'RE SPOT ON THERE MATE, I FOR ONE LOVED IT!! SO SO MUCH LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NEXT ONE!!

MAX..

Time to put in my two pennyworth - and BEFORE you all start thinking ' Oh No !!.. WAR & bl**dy PEACE again !! I PROMISE to keep this posting short & sweet. (And no more than 10,000 words)

Loved this place instantly, from the very first moment I arrived for my inaugural visit (only recently.. 29 March '08 - to sample the brilliant delights offered by Marcell & Steve in the guise of the SUPERB N.C.S. 'niter ) I would eagerly and excitedly await their next offering..

only to find out out there IS, actually, a HEAVEN !!.. as the LIFELINE Crew announced their intention to utilise the same wonderful venue for their very next outing !!

WHOA, Too Much.. !! one very swift, and totally unprepared for (not to mention the consequential 'immediate change of underwear requirement' ..) ORGASM later..!!

Great Stuff !! Get an opportunity to return sooner than anticipated - and what's more, a 'niter under the Lifeline banner can only mean one thing.. The country's top DJ's (as well as Andy Dyson, Butch, and Soul Sam laugh.gif ) would, by default, all be in attendance for the duration - and each of them more than adept at providing the desired floor filling, feet moving, fresh to the ears, karma pleasing and so far in your face 'SOUL TUNES' that your eyes could do nothing but become 'crossed' - as all witnesses to the audio spectaculars endlessly spilling forth from the p.a. system would testify. With each & every single track indefatigable in it's own relentless and incessant pursuit of the one, 'common' goal - to 'drown' the ears of all those present beneath wave after wave of (almost total..) 'Soul Music Perfection' now so synonymous with attendance at a LIFELINE allnighter !! Each attendee soon (unwittingly) finding themselves doing 'Clarence the Lion' impersonations as a result.

The demand for maximum exposure to danceable slabs of quality Soul Music was worn as equally bold by all the punters. Displayed (and only silently) via the individual 'aura' (emanating indelibly and unconsciously from each of the Soulies) combining to form a huge blanket of unique atmosphere that engulfed the entire venue's premises (inside & out). The incredible excitement culminating in something very, very special. A kind that, outside the Circle of Soul, would probably only ever be found via a phenomenon the likes only a 'Second Coming' would generate. Or those displaying elements of a miraculous nature (but certainly with no association to anything possible of this earth).

Oh yes.. soon as you reached the car park, it hit you !! A justifiable air of expectancy, from the throngs of Soulies.. gathered together from various all parts of our fair land. Certainly recognising (in particular) the 'as reliable as clockwork' attendance of a couple of our 'Brothers in Soul' from north of the border who, seemingly, get to as many venues (if not more) than is achieved even, by both my fellow globetrotter, (and like minded 'Quality Soul Music Promotions' supporter) Backdoor Kenny, and myself !! And that's going some.. believe you me.

The 'committee' located at the 'Pay-As-U-Enter' hallway were all resplendent in their respective fully made-up finery of outfits and dressed to thrill personalities - with their warm and welcoming female smiles leaving the blokes quietly confirming to themselves that the choice in attending LIFELINE being unquestionably correct - along with thoughts of there being more than just the reason of awesome musical offerings to make the evening a bit more 'special' (Just call me.. "Letch.." ).

Managing to make arrival & entrance into 'the arena' at about 10.40, first task (as is the norm at every function, now.. good lad that I am) the 'Flyer Run'.

This week (again) seeing the placing of adverts for 1) future dates of Rugby Soul Club 'niter's (Sian & Dean - top peeps that they both are)

2)That super-nice chap (found in the one & only Pete Robinson) could rest easy in the knowledge ample marketing was in hand for his next Marrs Barr promotion (easily found in central Worcester) - the All-Dayer scheduled for the Bank Holiday weekend of Sunday 25 May (NOT the 24th - as misprinted on the flyer). Another of my fave venues.. character abounds !! Great DJ line-up for this one, including: Mick H, Rob Messer, Molly, Des Parker, Sean Chapman, Dave Rimmer, Pete himself, and.. YEP !! The 'One & Only.. Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers JOHNNY !! (Fingers)' Anyways - Guaranteed to be good then.. 'en-nit !! :lol:

3) THE FRENCH CONNECTION !! Northern & Rare Soul Weekender - Brittany, FRANCE. Taking place, courtesy of the 'Cotes-Du-Nord' Soul Club starting on Friday 17 thru Sunday 19 October,2008. For full details (VERY SOON), please refer to: The EVENTS Chat Forum, The EVENTS Calendar.. plus Mr Rimmers NIGHTER Planner !! (Three full cars already.. I'm taking my.. 'wagon' (room for six others) and Ken will fit an additional three in his.. !! It's gonna be a Cracker !!).

SORRY - I DIGRESS !! So.. as I was 'summarising' :( All DJ's (as we have grown to expect from LIFELINE) performed to (what registered on the Pleasure Meter as) consistently great !! BUTCH.. is, well.. BUTCH (enough said !!), Sam always gets extra points from me for his 'Attitude With Testicles' - Andy D & Mick H.. playing 'Their Own records' in the main (SUPERB, yet again, Mr D). Every spot, in fact, offered a wealth of musical 'par-excellence'.

I must mention, by name, two geezers that displayed something (even) a bit special.. (unfortunately only caught the last 20 mins due to his spot starting 40 mins before we arrived - but enough to make me stand and take note..) " ADAM " the ever smiling, ever friendly (ever ready to relieve you of your cash) proprietor of the on-line outlet for quality soul 45's known as WWW.SoulSupermarket.co.uk' It was the Lee Jenning 'Just Keep On Loving Me' (Star Track) that first grabbed me (a pleasant ditty I had the pleasure of first coming across in the late 90's - sure I got one kicking around here, somewhere..) as did everything he conjured up with his next 7 or 8 records (until the end.. of his 'Virgin' DJ Debut') !! First time of hearing for me (and not one I would class as my particular 'bag', but..) the New York CAB label delight of Jimmy Lomax with 'Come On Home'. From the first couple of (funkyish !?!) drum based intro bars I was certain it would be an instrumental (another area I don't indulge in) but.. NOPE - what a fantastic little record. Pearl Woods (in my box for some 15 plus years - for the Ultra Classy 'I'm Gonna Stick With You'.. but glad I thought to mention to Adam, when seeing previously, he had a copy, to 'turn it over..' for the 'rockin' slab of an R'n'B stormer, in..) 'Something Touched Me'. This was the first time I had heard it at 'Venue' volume - WOW !! A bit like when you have sex (with a new partner) for the 'first time'. It's never quite 'exactly' the same experience, ever again !! Lacking (always) in that something that is only particular to those 'First Time' experiences. AND.. LET'S FACE IT, FELLA'S, NONE OF US IS GONNA GO THRU LIFE MEETING AT LEAST 20 VIRGINS (PER WEEK) FOR THE REST OF OUR LIVES !! :D:P:wub:

The other, Specially Deserved mention, goes out to someone else who you are more than likely to espy (at least once) every weekend. A stalwart of the Northern Scene.. Been there ! Seen the Film ! Read the Book ! Worn the T-Shirt ! (wanna buy one ?? I'll do you a discount for bulk ??) Ate the Pie.. YES !! a man who has 'been round the block' more times than that 'Strangely Nicknamed' ex-girlfriend of mine from my teenage days.. IT WASN'T UNTIL MANY YEARS LATER - I FINALLY FIGURED OUT WHY SHE ATTRACTED THAT 'STRANGE' NAME.. "FLORA" :( (Honestly !!)

I refer to that Iconic personality of a (genuinely) 'Real Nice Bloke' temperament. A person who I can HONESTLY say.. has NEVER, EVER !! done me ANY harm WHATSOEVER !! Quite the contrary - he was responsible, at one time (again in my teens) of 'saving me' falling FURTHER VICTIM to the greedy, advantage taking, clutches of one, VERY Infamous Soul Scene personality !!

The man I speak of now, though - this is the same man (I recollect) that I would (on a fairly regular basis in the latter 70's, at various venues) find myself sharing the evenings (or days..) DeeJaying honours with (along with the likes of Nev Wherry, Tony Worot, Hammy, Kev Draper, John Vincent.. & many others !!). It was only my being party to the excellent closing spot he was so capably handling (with a display of ease akin to riding a bike..) that made me realise something. At this point of the morning I could be found sat to one side & enjoying listening to this DJ's selections. The manner in which he puts the records across to the punters - his command of the microphone.. very individual in his style and a complete NATURAL !! It was then I remembered what a real pleasure those 'old days' were.. and WHY.

Because, put simply, ROB SMITH was ALWAYS a pleasure to be around !! To spend time with !! To chat to, and have a laugh with !! I'm probably worse off, these days, for not knowing him as well as I once did - I'm certain he is very much STILL that same lovable geezer from many moons gone by !! Thanx for them day's Rob.. I'd all but forgotten what really good times I enjoyed back then(along with me 'hoppo', Kyp). Nev's premature departure (such a cruel, untimely and unjust one, too !!) I seem to think.. tied in with the decline of the times I mention.. Shame !!

Whosoever's bright idea it was to include Rob on the line-up for LIFELINE.. a Stroke of Genius !!

It just remains to include the 'sociability' side of a musically superb night. I know I would forget several - so better not to start !! but sooo many great people (you girlie's, especially .. ). A pleasure to see, chat, giggle, chin-stroke, cadge a fag off, moan, to & about etc. etc. with ALL of you. Special mention to NEW buddies, seems the past couple of weeks Liverpool has been throwing their soul fan fraternity in my direction.. last week it was via Burnley (and then back at Dave River's house - BRILLIANT !!) This week, the pleasure to meet Russell, his bruv Ian, and mate Pete. You will all , soon, learn of what a ' Bad Penny' I am (Johnny 'The Stalker' Fingers.. that's me ) Mike, and the guy's from the previous week - 'Special' CD on it's way to you all later this week - all them loverly unissued bits I discussed, and some Miami Soul history thrown in for good measure (Betty Wright !! 11 Years old !!). A small 'thanx' from me for such an excellent after-party !! Russell, mate.. your 'Set of Four' (yep.. they're STILL getting handed out) will be with you this week, too.

Happy Birthday

to all them's that's celebrating - I think most got my rendition of 'Happy B'day To You' thrust upon them (It's only once a year !!). All excepting Mr Dyson's Good Lady (I mean, blimey.. I'm even worried about farting in the wrong direction !! for fear of placing myself even FURTHER down his xmas card list.. y'know - Little Jerry 'n all that.. ) :no:

Andy D, Mick H & The Lifeline Posse - THANK YOU !! (oh! er.. yea !! Hope your better soon Chalky !!) :D

Here's to Next weekend !! (And ONLY.. in a record 8637 WORDS !!)

Fingers.. :(

Edited by FickleFingers

HAD A GREAT TIME, THE MUSIC WAS FABULOUS, WEL DONE TO ALL CONCERNED, SORY FOR THE CAPS, GOT PROBS WITH KEYBOARD AGAIN, BUT WIL DEFO BE BACK FOR A SECOND HELPING OF QUALITY SOUL , AND I WISH YOU ALL EVERY SUCCES FOR THE FUTURE, I THOUROUGHLY ENJOYED MYSELF, EVEN IF I DID GO IN THE MENS LOO BY MISTAKE. :shades:

"lifeline" the real deal

thanks lad's

max..

Hope to make the next one :shades:

JB xxxKTFxxx

Guest Marcelle

Loved this place instantly, from the very first moment I arrived for my inaugural visit (only recently.. 29 March '08 - to sample the brilliant delights offered by Marcell & Steve :(

Oh dear I must stop changing Chris name :lol: mind you usaully its Kev :lol:

in the guise of the SUPERB N.C.S. 'niter ) I would eagerly and excitedly await their next offering..

only to find out out there IS, actually, a HEAVEN !!.. as the LIFELINE Crew announced their intention to utilise the same wonderful venue for their very next outing !!

What a wonderful review to read of WAR & PEACE opps I mean LIFELINE .... felt like I was transported back there .... so keep on writing WAR & PEACE ....

oh dear I feel like I have to put the record straight Chris & I didnt approach LIFELINE for any other reason but purely selfish ones on our part .... (sorry lads) you see Lifeline was always mine & Chris night off !

We would hand in hand stoll into Sherridans like "naughty teenagers" & then not see each other most of the night :P as we relaxed & enjoyed our selves dancing chatting laughing or & being educated ! .... & when Sherridens closed we were "oh no where do we go now :shades: " ..... so you see the truth is we asked them so WE COULD HAVE OUR NIGHT OUT ..... I feel much better getting that off my chest :lol: & thats what we did on Saturday .... & will do that again on all the other Saturdays ... thank you

now ..... xxx

good nignt out...............thanks to dave thorley 4 giving the reverend mr clapton a lift up :D busy and hot all night,even with thousands outside puffing away, at least they didnt freeze this week :yes: ,on the dance floor last two hours ,best blast for a while...flannie is puttin in in the care of his personal trainer to prepare me for wilton :D pomas memorial nite crew swelled numbers so we will see how it goes net one......................bloody good start though...........ezzie

Guest roger H

LIFELINE music was superb, the people were great, and will be there again no doubt about that, thanks to the organisers for the concession for the people turning up from poma's night it was very much appreciated by all, a great night well done.

I must mention, by name, two geezers that displayed something (even) a bit special.. (unfortunately only caught the last 20 mins due to his spot starting 40 mins before we arrived - but enough to make me stand and take note..) " ADAM " the ever smiling, ever friendly (ever ready to relieve you of your cash) proprietor of the on-line outlet for quality soul 45's known as WWW.SoulSupermarket.co.uk' It was the Lee Jenning 'Just Keep On Loving Me' (Star Track) that first grabbed me (a pleasant ditty I had the pleasure of first coming across in the late 90's - sure I got one kicking around here, somewhere..) as did everything he conjured up with his next 7 or 8 records (until the end.. of his 'Virgin' DJ Debut') !! First time of hearing for me (and not one I would class as my particular 'bag', but..) the New York CAB label delight of Jimmy Lomax with 'Come On Home'. From the first couple of (funkyish !?!) drum based intro bars I was certain it would be an instrumental (another area I don't indulge in) but.. NOPE - what a fantastic little record. Pearl Woods (in my box for some 15 plus years - for the Ultra Classy 'I'm Gonna Stick With You'.. but glad I thought to mention to Adam, when seeing previously, he had a copy, to 'turn it over..' for the 'rockin' slab of an R'n'B stormer, in..) 'Something Touched Me'. This was the first time I had heard it at 'Venue' volume - WOW !! A bit like when you have sex (with a new partner) for the 'first time'. It's never quite 'exactly' the same experience, ever again !! Lacking (always) in that something that is only particular to those 'First Time' experiences. AND.. LET'S FACE IT, FELLA'S, NONE OF US IS GONNA GO THRU LIFE MEETING AT LEAST 20 VIRGINS (PER WEEK) FOR THE REST OF OUR LIVES !! huh.gif:P:yes:

Fingers,

It was a pleasure to see you again.....................mainly because you've normally got a few ££s to spend and I've always got records to sell :D:P:P

Thanks for the kind words (cheque will be in the post :P ) and you're certainly right about the Jimmy Lomax.....it's a stunning track (IMO!).

Adam.

Loved this place instantly, from the very first moment I arrived for my inaugural visit (only recently.. 29 March '08 - to sample the brilliant delights offered by Marcell & Steve :lol:

Oh dear I must stop changing Chris name :P mind you usaully its Kev :P

M'mselle Marcelle.. " SACREU BLUU " !! :yes: I aarm eVa so SORRI.. eef eye azz cauzed yuu ze problaiims !! unsure.gif Buuut.. I thought Chris knew about Steve !! :P:lol: Oops !!

Did you SEE !! Missy Marcelle.. what time it was ?? - and on which day ?? - I posted my leetell reaport ?? Gordon Benett !! Woman.. I'm suprised I could even SEE by that time (never mind remembering me Chris's from me Steve's from me Alan's from me Carl's..) Mind you - I never seem to experience the same difficulty when it comes to those ever so fair Soul Maidens. :P (S'funny, that.. :g: )

Fingers.. :D

Guest Marcelle

M'mselle Marcelle.. " SACREU BLUU " !! :shades: I aarm eVa so SORRI.. eef eye azz cauzed yuu ze problaiims !! :thumbup: Buuut.. I thought Chris knew about Steve !! huh.gif:( Oops !!

Did you SEE !! Missy Marcelle.. what time it was ?? - and on which day ?? - I posted my leetell reaport ?? Gordon Benett !! Woman.. I'm suprised I could even SEE by that time (never mind remembering me Chris's from me Steve's from me Alan's from me Carl's..) Mind you - I never seem to experience the same difficulty when it comes to those ever so fair Soul Maidens. :lol: (S'funny, that.. :g: ) Hmmmm how strange ones memory is so consistant with the Soul Maidens wicked.gif:lol: mind you honey aslong as I can keep being the Libarian to your discs you can call me anything you want see you soon Mr Feet :lol: xx

Fingers.. :thumbup:

Great night! My usual travel companions Kev, Wayne and myself really enjoyed ourselves :lol:

Big thanks to Andy and Mick H for letting me spin some tunes from my collection from 10pm - 11pm. After overcoming some early nerves I thoroughly enjoyed it....just hope a few others did as well :lol:

Mel Wynn - Don't Want To Lose You - Wand GREAT TO SEE THIS ON A PLAYLIST thumbup.gif