Soul Shack Starpoint Radio Update Reminder - Sunday Night Show

Just quick reminder about 'The Soul Shack' Radio Show www.starpointradio.com and on the Sky Channel - Every Sunday night 10pm - Midnight -Show repeated every Saturday 7am - 9am - A good selection of Northern and Crossover tunes, For requests, mentions, dedictaions contact bicknellmark@aol.com

Tunes include The Kittens, Marva Lee, Cam Cameron, The Four Sights, The Mighty Lovers, Eddie Sull, Ebonys, Sophisticates, The Dramatics, Willie Cager, Emotions, Lovations, Timothy Wilson, Irma And The Larks, Inverts, Albert Jones, Jo Ann Garrett, Brothers Of Soul, Claude Huey, Falcons, Oliver Joy, Bobby Kline, Elbie Parker, Troy Dodds, Stoppers, Volumes, Contessas, Cashmeres, Roy Roberts, Brenda Parker, Our Ladies Of Soul, Fantastic Epics, Ascots, Ty Karim, Artistics and many many others.

Show Times - Every Sunday 10pm - Midnight.

Repeated Every Saturday - 7am - 9am.

Top show promised Sunday December 14th 2008 FIRST ANNIVERSARY SHOW - ONE YEAR ON THE STATION

Been off line for a few weeks but all is well at Bicknell Towers, back on track with some cracking shows coming up every Sunday night on Starpoint Radio.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Edited by Mark Bicknell
Social source share

• Replies 79
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

public response rather than private Mark, just hearing 12 Red Roses, missed first half hour but got on it since then. Great choices tonight, couple unknown to me. Do you hire 'em out??

Keep on Mark, best wishes, Dean (too sick for lifeline!)

Social source share

public response rather than private Mark, just hearing 12 Red Roses, missed first half hour but got on it since then. Great choices tonight, couple unknown to me. Do you hire 'em out??

Keep on Mark, best wishes, Dean (too sick for lifeline!)

Cheers Dean, hope you are feeling better soon and find your voice.....did you leave it at 'The Attic'??? perhaps it will still be there next month and you can pick it up....which tunes are unknown to you mate see if I can ident them for you, more good stuff to follow over the next few shows and then some.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Gentle bump.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Will give you another bump on the Original Mastercuts show which is 2.00-4.00pm Sunday's, so a good plug a few hours before your show - we'll give you a shout in our Northern bit which Al's already put together.....

The O'Jays - I'll Never Forget You

Continental Four - The Way I Love You

Chris Farlowe - Don't Just Look at Me

Roscoe Shelton - You're The Dream

Dennis D'ell - Better Use Your Head

Charades - Key To My Happiness

The Vibrations - Gonna Get Along Without You Now

Although why he's playing Dennis D'ell I'll never know! :sweatingbullets:

Best,

Ian D biggrin.gif

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

Will give you another bump on the Original Mastercuts show which is 2.00-4.00pm Sunday's, so a good plug a few hours before your show - we'll give you a shout in our Northern bit which Al's already put together.....

The O'Jays - I'll Never Forget You

Continental Four - The Way I Love You

Chris Farlowe - Don't Just Look at Me

Roscoe Shelton - You're The Dream

Dennis D'ell - Better Use Your Head

Charades - Key To My Happiness

The Vibrations - Gonna Get Along Without You Now

Although why he's playing Dennis D'ell I'll never know! :sweatingbullets:

Best,

Ian D biggrin.gif

Very decent of you Ian and of course I will repay the plug likewise, thanks for the support.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Guest rasfoz

The beat goes on tonight www.starpointradio.com 10pm - Midnight.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

as always i will be keeping the kids awake with the sounds of your delightfull show :D

Social source share

Just quick reminder about 'The Soul Shack' Radio Show www.starpointradio.com and on the Sky Channel - Every Sunday night 10pm - Midnight -Show repeated every Saturday 7am - 9am - A good selection of Northern and Crossover tunes, For requests, mentions, dedictaions contact bicknellmark@aol.com

Tunes include The Kittens, Ebonys, Sophisticates, The Dramatics, Willie Cager, Emotions, Lovations, Timothy Wilson, Satisfactions, Marlynns, Jo Ann Garrett, Brothers Of Soul, Claude Huey, Falcons, Volumes, Contessas, Cashmeres, Roy Roberts, Our Ladies Of Soul, Fantastic Epics, Ascots, Ty Karim, Artistics and many many others.

Top show tonight promised Sunday June 15th 2008.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Final bump for this weekend.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Tunes include The Kittens, Ebonys, Sophisticates, The Dramatics, Willie Cager, Emotions, Lovations, Timothy Wilson, Satisfactions, Marlynns, The Johnson Family, Albert Jones, Jo Ann Garrett, Brothers Of Soul, Claude Huey, Falcons, Volumes, Contessas, Cashmeres, Roy Roberts, Our Ladies Of Soul, Fantastic Epics, Ascots, Ty Karim, Artistics and many many others.

Top show promised Sunday July 6th 2008.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

The beat gos on tonight from 10pm www.starpointradio.com

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Tunes include The Kittens, Ebonys, Sophisticates, The Dramatics, Willie Cager, Emotions, Lovations, Timothy Wilson, Satisfactions, Marlynns, The Johnson Family, Albert Jones, Jo Ann Garrett, Brothers Of Soul, Claude Huey, Falcons, Volumes, Contessas, Cashmeres, Roy Roberts, Our Ladies Of Soul, Fantastic Epics, Ascots, Ty Karim, Artistics and many many others.

Top show promised Sunday July 13th 2008.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

The beat goes on Sunday 13th July www.starpointradio.com

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

The beat goes on Sunday 13th July www.starpointradio.com

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Goes on pretty much all-day too! Sundays are a Soulfest right across the board on www.starpointradio.com - well worth checking out IMO.

Tomorrow, Sunday 13th for instance, check the line-up........

12.00-2.00 pm Celtic Soul

2.00-4.00 pm The Original Mastercuts Show with Ian Dewhirst and special guest and lifelong Soul collector Paul Thrower

4.00-6.00 pm The Wind Down Zone with Dave W

6.00-800 pm Chris Box

8.00-10.00 pm Terry James

10.00-12.00 pm Mark Bicknell - Soul Shack

Great value and free. What's to lose........ :lol:

Have a good one Mark.....

Ian D :thumbup:

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

Top show promised Sunday July 13th 2008.

Please note there will be a simple to enter email competition to win a full set of the new Kent/Select 45's via Ace/Kent records (thanks to Ady for sending a spare set of these wonderful records) on this coming Sunday's show July 27th which is a fantastic prize also well done to Mark Spensley from Newton Aycliffe and David Fleming from Eaton Socom, Cambs who won a copy each of the Superb Falcons CD last weekend, big thanks to Dave Welding and John Anderson for the promos, I will certainly be doing more competitions over the coming months, for requests, mentions and dedications contact bicknellmark@aol.com

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Weekly bump for those who might be interested.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Top show promised Sunday July 27th 2008.

Please note there will be a simple to enter email competition to win a full set of the new Kent/Select 45's via Ace/Kent records (thanks to Ady for sending a spare set of these wonderful records) on this coming Sunday's show July 27th which is a fantastic prize also well done to Mark Spensley from Newton Aycliffe and David Fleming from Eaton Socom, Cambs who won a copy each of the Superb Falcons CD last weekend, big thanks to Dave Welding and John Anderson for the promos, I will certainly be doing more competitions over the coming months, for requests, mentions and dedications contact bicknellmark@aol.com

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Sunday bump.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Top show promised Sunday July 27th 2008.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Cheers - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Top show promised Sunday August 3rd 2008.

Please note there will be a simple to enter email competition to win a full set of the new Kent/Select 45's via Ace/Kent records (thanks to Ady for sending a spare set of these wonderful records) on this coming Sunday's show July 27th which is a fantastic prize also well done to Mark Spensley from Newton Aycliffe and David Fleming from Eaton Socon, Cambs who won a copy each of the Superb Falcons CD last weekend, big thanks to Dave Welding and John Anderson for the promos, I will certainly be doing more competitions over the coming months, for requests, mentions and dedications contact bicknellmark@aol.com

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Weekly bump, reminder.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Tunes include The Kittens, Ebonys, Sophisticates, The Dramatics, Willie Cager, Emotions, Lovations, Timothy Wilson, Satisfactions, Marlynns, The Johnson Family, Albert Jones, Jo Ann Garrett, Brothers Of Soul, Claude Huey, Falcons, Volumes, Contessas, Cashmeres, Roy Roberts, Brenda Parker, Sounds Of Soul, Our Ladies Of Soul, Fantastic Epics, Ascots, Ty Karim, Artistics and many many others.

Top show promised Sunday August 3rd 2008.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Saturday night bump.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Mark, trying to find some playlists for past shows but Starpoint Radio has only a few playlists from March 2008. Do you put them anywhere else?

No Mike I need to start putting up the playlists on the site but it's not a strong point of mine but will try and start doing this on a more regular basis.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Tunes include The Kittens, Ebonys, Sophisticates, The Dramatics, Willie Cager, Emotions, Lovations, Timothy Wilson, Satisfactions, Marlynns, Albert Jones, Jo Ann Garrett, Brothers Of Soul, Claude Huey, Falcons, Volumes, Contessas, Cashmeres, Roy Roberts, Brenda Parker, Sounds Of Soul, Our Ladies Of Soul, Fantastic Epics, Ascots, Ty Karim, Artistics and many many others.

Top show promised Sunday August 10th 2008.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Weekly bump.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Tunes include The Kittens, Ebonys, Sophisticates, The Dramatics, Willie Cager, Emotions, Lovations, Timothy Wilson, Satisfactions, Marlynns, Albert Jones, Jo Ann Garrett, Brothers Of Soul, Claude Huey, Falcons, Volumes, Contessas, Cashmeres, Roy Roberts, Brenda Parker, Sounds Of Soul, Our Ladies Of Soul, Fantastic Epics, Ascots, Ty Karim, Artistics and many many others.

Top show promised Sunday August 10th 2008.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Come on you Blues...lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Hi Mark

Great show as usual mate :thumbsup:

Had to laugh last night..................at 11pm they put the wrong tape on and Norman Connors - Take it to the limit (Arista) came on.

I was just thinking that it sounded great and as I remember it being a monster Modern spin back in the day and was thinking that it sounded good on the show...........when on came this DJ to announce a Jazz Funk special LOL

5 minutes later the Silhouettes came back and so did Mark :P

Glad they got it sorted mate BUT that Norman Connors sounded great :):ohmy::huh:

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Hi Mark

Great show as usual mate :thumbsup:

Had to laugh last night..................at 11pm they put the wrong tape on and Norman Connors - Take it to the limit (Arista) came on.

I was just thinking that it sounded great and as I remember it being a monster Modern spin back in the day and was thinking that it sounded good on the show...........when on came this DJ to announce a Jazz Funk special LOL

5 minutes later the Silhouettes came back and so did Mark :P

Glad they got it sorted mate BUT that Norman Connors sounded great :lol::lol::yes:

Cheers

Steve

Sorry about that but I missed the slight cock up as I was in London Town do all things Chelsea for my sons birthday, running the competition this coming Sunday to win a copy of The Ebonys - Don't Knock Me - Soul Clock supplied by your good self at www.soulmusic.co.uk, a classy little tune and a current Soul Shack spin, thanks as ever Steve for your support.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mark Holmes

Looking forward to it mate. Its a bit like dessert island discs for me being all the way here in Orlando Florida and then there is my 2 hours every Sunday to Oooh Ahh, dance some, write the odd choon down as a must have.

Thanks again for shedding some soul sunshine on the sunshine state,

Mark

Social source share

Guest Brett F

Hi Mark, i finally got around to getting starpoint via Sky tv, so i'll be listening mate, by the way watch out for that window cleaner. :thumbup:

Brett

Social source share