Cd Swap May 2008

• Replies 265
  • Views 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Did my Cd tonight, the first ten tracks are by heroes...Womack, Ruffin, Hutson etc then i play a few biggies from the DJ box....followed by some midtempo classics and finishing with some deepies...but all records i would never sell...

Should have them out on Wednesday.

Hope everyone enjoys the swap.

Chris.

Social source share

Just finished compiling mine. (Bit of a mare cus I kept changing the tracks unsure.gif )

Burning over the Bank holiday weekend.

Hope to post out by end of week.

Nothing earth moving but they are all tracks that still do it for me / and hold special memories.

Hope the recipients enjoy at least one track :rolleyes:

Recived my first one today.

Thanks John (Reed)

Not had chance to play yet but the track listing has a few I don't know.

And they can be the best.

Cheers all.

Tabs

Social source share

Guest Les F

Discs are done. Gone for down tempo and deep, as it's my thing. Posting Tuesday. John Reed's cd is great, some classics and obvious personal faves. Really enjoyed it. If they're all as good, should be a great swap.

Social source share

Mine went into the post box yesterday, (Apart from a couple that I am hand delivering) however missed the post yesterday morning :rolleyes:

So because the post is not being picked up till tuesday next, you should have them by the end of the week I would have thought :rolleyes:

ENJOY thumbup.gif

Although, it was an absolute Mare to do this one, hence the mind changes and also resulting in a Two Fer!

Bully!

Social source share

Still almost half of the spots up for grabs...dont be emailing me on Thursday begging to be included!

So far..

Cliff Steele

Tony Turner

Sean hampsey

Bully

Chris Anderton

Steve Plumb

Alan Brannan

John McCrae

Jerry Welsh

Andy Taylor

John LLoyd

Mark George

Patrick Biggerstaff

John Reed

Alan Townson

Derek Jack

If you think you have sent me an email and you are not on the list please let me know....

Cheers, Chris

Hi Chris, been on my Hols and missed this, can you make room for a regular CD Swapper?

Mal.C. :D

Social source share

Here me now... and listen up!

shout.gif

Alan has just informed me that my postcode has gone to you good people incorrectly.

It's S40 4DL

Wouldn't want to miss out on any of these fine compilations, because of a leedle typo!

Please make sure you add the letter 'L' to the code.

Cheers all (and thanks again Alan).

:unsure:

Sean

Social source share

shout.gif

Alan has just informed me that my postcode has gone to you good people incorrectly.

It's S40 4DL

Wouldn't want to miss out on any of these fine compilations, because of a leedle typo!

thumbsup.gif

Sean

no probs, glad to be of help :thumbsup:

alan

Social source share

Guest biggray1

Cds now done,tracklisting is supplied,will be in post Tommorow so you should recieve them by weekend..John Reeds Cd arrived today..Awesome John..and Thanx...hope all others that are one their way are as good as Johns. Graham.

Social source share

shout.gif

It's S40 4DL

:rolleyes:

Sean

I have allready posted mine without the post code change :lol: let me know if it arrives or not would you?

Social source share

Guest shaun evans

I have allready posted mine without the post code change :yes: let me know if it arrives or not would you?

:lol: mine now in the hands of postman pat shipped out today should be with you soon :wicked:thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Guest Les F

Posted all 28 today, 2nd class, so should be on the mat by Friday. Sorry Alan, only just read about post code blip. Got a couple of spares done, so I'll post another just in case.

Social source share

Posted all 28 today, 2nd class, so should be on the mat by Friday. Sorry Alan, only just read about post code blip. Got a couple of spares done, so I'll post another just in case.

hi les,

its sean's (hampsey) postcode thats missing a letter. yes.gif

alan

Social source share

Mine will be in the mail tomorrow, first class of course so should be with you Friday...

I found it a tough thread this time. I suppose because at one point i was in danger of doing a CD of "Classics" everyone knows...Instead i have broken it down, done ten tracks from some of my soul heros, some from the play box, some classics and finish with a couple of deepies...

Chris

Social source share

I found it a tough thread this time. I suppose because at one point i was in danger of doing a CD of "Classics" everyone knows...Instead i have broken it down, done ten tracks from some of my soul heros, some from the play box, some classics and finish with a couple of deepies...

Chris

I know what you mean Chris!

When i started looking i realised i'd thousands of records i'd never part with at any cost so i've gone for less obvious ones across all genres (and also ones that i could put my hands on MP3's to make it easier to burn too!) Just burnt the master copy and will road test it in the car before burning 'em!

BTW Chris - I don't seem to have received any addresses yet - can you please email them to me?

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Guest biggray1

All my Cds are in post today,should be with you guy's in a couple of Days,your cds that you posted have arrived..5 in Total ie John Reed, Bully and others..will compile list of senders later..thanx Graham.

Social source share

Guest shaun evans

All my Cds are in post today,should be with you guy's in a couple of Days,your cds that you posted have arrived..5 in Total ie John Reed, Bully and others..will compile list of senders later..thanx Graham.

:D:D like christmas at my house today may thanks to Alan Townson great cd :ohmy: AJB some of my fav northern :yes: gotta take my hat off to bully 2for1 we into same vibe music wise pure class mate :lol::thumbup:

Social source share

like christmas at my house today may thanks to Alan Townson great cd AJB some of my fav northern gotta take my hat off to bully 2for1 we into same vibe music wise pure class mate :ohmy:

I Can just see Tats & Sean Hampsey reading this ....... THINKING you and us Shaun :yes:

To be fair to these two guys, especially my mentor (Tats)

I OWE them so much :D

Most of the tracks on the CD's they have put me onto somewhere down the line, and to be quite honest, if it's got there mark of approval, then it goes without saying that it's PURE CLASS all the way, an that will do for Bully :thumbup:

MANY THANKS guys, especially you Mr Taylor ...... you are an absolute star .... with an abundance of knowledge, if I keep picking away at it, I might get there on day :D No Probably Not :lol:

Bully!

Social source share

I Can just see Tats & Sean Hampsey reading this ....... THINKING you and us Shaun :yes:

To be fair to these two guys, especially my mentor (Tats)

I OWE them so much :ohmy:

Bully!

Thanks Bull.

I take all Major Credit Cards (and of course, Pound Notes).

Tats, on the other hand, collects Food stamps.

:lol:

Honestly, I blush at the thought mate!

You can't give someone good ears.

They've either got 'em or they haven't!

And yours are just BIGGER than most!

:thumbup:

Sean

Social source share

Hi guys

arrived home from work to find 5 packages awaiting a listen

certainly looks a very high quality start think i,ll wave the white flag now:-))))

just about finnished the tracks being recorded but the bloody usb deck has decided

it dont like 45,s and chops em of just as they reach the end so having to have 3 or 4 goe,s at recording em should have em all sorted for weekend and in the post beginnig of next week.

design award so far has to go to val very professionally done.

now i just have to hide them from the other half coz when i get back tomorrow there will be criptic notes all over the the inlays with comments like i want one of these and this and this and this etc could be very expensive this excersie.

right back to that bloody usb deck

regards

dave lucas

Social source share

Wow! I've only received one so far.

Guess that's what you get for living out in the sticks!

:D

Sean

Should get mine quite easily ...... I have put :-

FAO Master Sean Hampsey

"The Lord of The Dell"

Up't Ashgate Road,

T'other Side o' Town

If your postie is like mine ..... you should already have mine :wicked:

Bully!

Social source share

I will have my offering on the post to all by monday at the latest.

Derek

Received cd's from

Bully

Alan Townson

AJB

today thanks guys will work my way through them tomorrow

Social source share

or having a dodgy postcode:-)))))))))))))))))))))))

I didn't wanna say that... but yeh!

Honest - I only got one!

John Reed's awesome contribution.

Now if I only get that one I'll be a happy little Hampsey (such is the qualiteeeeeeeeeee)... but I only got the one!

Sean

PS: John - Jeter is Mine!

You beat me to it ya berger!

Tremendous stuff!

Social source share

Wow! I've only received one so far.

Guess that's what you get for living out in the sticks!

:wicked:

Sean

Should get mine quite easily ...... I have put :-

FAO Master Sean Hampsey

"The Lord of The Dell"

Up't Ashgate Road,

T'other Side o' Town

If your postie is like mine ..... you should already have mine yes.gif

Bully!

Lets face it Bull.

Your Postie don't come up my side of Town.... and my Postie 'daren't' go up yours!

Perhaps we should exchange contributions - midway - at the weekend!

Sean

PS: Unless its full of Tats' old cast offs in which case, mine's in the post!

laugh.gif

Social source share

well only one of you mean men listened to my girlish plea of "please do one for me and I'll love you forever" :lol:

that man was Bully - he sent me 6, and will be aptly rewarded at Thorne when I see him on Saturday

shame on the rest of you..... laugh.gif

Social source share

well only one of you mean men listened to my girlish plea of "please do one for me and I'll love you forever" :yes:

that man was Bully - he sent me 6, and will be aptly rewarded at Thorne when I see him on Saturday

shame on the rest of you..... laugh.gif

Kirsty

Oh go on then i'll give you one - as it were - at the 100 club

Derek :lol:

Social source share

Kirsty

Oh go on then i'll give you one - as it were - at the 100 club

Derek wink.gif

thank you darling

look forward to seeing you in just over a week... its been many, many years after all!

Social source share

Guest biggray1

Received the following Cds

Vall Challoner

Chris Anderton

Shaun Evans

Tabs

Alan Townson

ajb

John Reed

The Bullmiester

Les Fisher

Thanx Guys Graham. also had Fraser and John McCrae too that makes it 11 outa 28 for me!!!!!!!!!

Edited by biggray1
Social source share

Guest shaun evans

thank you darling

look forward to seeing you in just over a week... its been many, many years after all!

:lol: another 5 today tabs,john,val,chris,biggray gonna sit in the garden beer in hand and chill thanks people :thumbup:beer.gif:thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Les F

Guys, landed so far:

John Reed

Alan T

ajb

Bully (Cheers for the extras fella!)

Tabs

Biggray

Chris

Shaun Evans

Val

All very good so far.

Edited by Les F
Social source share

Guest shaun evans

Got the following cheers

ajb

val

john reed

chris

john mcrae

bully

tabs

shaun evans

biggray

Lots of listening to do & val's deffo best design so far :thumbsup:

thanx

alan t

:thumbup: yes mate she bloody exspert wish i could that sad.gif

Social source share

Guest shaun evans

quote name='Val' date='May 8 08, 08:56 PM' post='764194']

just listening to yours at present Shaun.............very nice :huh: .........oh and by the way she is a HE :lol:

Social source share

Guest shaun evans

quote name='Val' date='May 8 08, 08:56 PM' post='764194']

just listening to yours at present Shaun.............very nice :lol: .........oh and by the way she is a HE :glare:

blush.gifblush.gifblush.gifblush.gif oopsssssssssssssssss sorry

:D gotta say all cds so far are wonderful whistling.gif wants list just got longer wife really happy about :glare: and no postman today :lol:

Social source share

Just to update peeps as to my CD - due to working away past week or so not even got my Master copy done!! BUT.. I have sorted which pieces are being included and I'm back home this evening.. so all will be copied and sent out by mid-end of w/c 12 May. Just hope it's worth waiting for !!

Fingers

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!