Wynona Carr - Please Mr Jailer

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Can anyone tell me what this goes for please.

Thanks in advance

Samantha

Most Rock 'n' Roll/R & B dealers wouldn't charge you any more than £20-25.00 maximum for an original (it was re-pressed by Specialty several times, way into the 70s in fact. You can easily spot a first pressing - the black 'stripe' under the Specialty logo has a wavy yellow line going through it). Many would probably charge a bit less.

There's a M- original on GEMM at the moment - listed under its other side "Nursery Rhyme Rock" - from a reputable US dealer (Times Square Records) for fifty dollars.

Hope I've helped!

TONE

Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

Buying Speciality singles is a real minefield in any genre , I bought a repress of this from Beatin Rhythm in Manchester believing it to be an original , my detective skills were not honed at the time.... biggrin.gif

Ive always been fond of Wyonna's "Someday, Somewhere & Somehow"

Edited by Richard Bergman
Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Her Gospel singles on Specialty (as Sister Wynona Carr) are almost too wonderful for words, particularly "The Ball Game".

On the secular side of her Specialty releases, it's hard to beat "Should I Ever Love Again" as a ballad or "Jump Jack Jump" as an R & B bopper.

Fantastic artist, what a shame she didn't make more records...

Social source share

• 10 years later...

Just seeing if there is any further information on how to check an original of this come about over the last ten years?

I had a copy bought as a repress some years ago. Bought a copy at a record fair today, thought to be an original (with the option to return if I found out differently). But I am struggling to find out any info. The labels are the same having the squiggly yellow line in the thick black line, under the logo.

The only difference I can tell is the material. The known repress kinda has a thick flat edge. The other doesn't. 

Any help appreciated.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!