Magic Bus London 13 June - Crossover/northern - William Hunt - Soul Tailor

Guest spacemonkey

Guest spacemonkey

after lurking for a while, i thought i'd make my first actual posting to plug a gig we are doing

called MAGIC BUS it is at the Cock Tavern in Smithfields on friday 13th june - 9 till 2 and a fiver on the door.

although magic bus has been established as a jazz, funk and soul night for 20 odd years at various venues, this year we have concentrated on a fashion related sixties and seventies northern & crossover night. The first one, last month featured Wayne Hemingway (that bloke off the tv) playing his tunes and was a major success. Wayne was a long term Blackpool regular and played a blinder - and the venue was full.

For the next one we have Savile Row tailor WILLIAM HUNT and his mate Ocky from Leeds - as the guest spinners - William, like Mr Hemingway is a long time northern soulie and dancer!

the residents are IVOR JONES, JOHNNY VALATONE, EDDIE PILLER and DEAN RUDLAND.

MAGIC BUS - PUTTING THE SOUL BACK INTO FASHION!

oh and by the way, WILLAIM HUNT wants to host a dance competition - just like the old days - he's thrown in a Savile Row suit as a first prize! - true! (that's a few grands worth)

i believe a few regulars from the site were at the first one cos there's something about the night in lookback

Edited by spacemonkey
  • 1 month later...
  • Replies 7
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

after lurking for a while, i thought i'd make my first actual posting to plug a gig we are doing

called MAGIC BUS it is at the Cock Tavern in Smithfields on friday 13th june - 9 till 2 and a fiver on the door.

although magic bus has been established as a jazz, funk and soul night for 20 odd years at various venues, this year we have concentrated on a fashion related sixties and seventies northern & crossover night. The first one, last month featured Wayne Hemingway (that bloke off the tv) playing his tunes and was a major success. Wayne was a long term Blackpool regular and played a blinder - and the venue was full.

For the next one we have Savile Row tailor WILLIAM HUNT and his mate Ocky from Leeds - as the guest spinners - William, like Mr Hemingway is a long time northern soulie and dancer!

the residents are IVOR JONES, JOHNNY VALATONE, EDDIE PILLER and DEAN RUDLAND.

MAGIC BUS - PUTTING THE SOUL BACK INTO FASHION!

oh and by the way, WILLAIM HUNT wants to host a dance competition - just like the old days - he's thrown in a Savile Row suit as a first prize! - true! (that's a few grands worth)

i believe a few regulars from the site were at the first one cos there's something about the night in lookback

Just bumping this one up. Last time was fantastic and I see no reason why this one should be any different.

Proper music in a great venue.

Just bumping this one up. Last time was fantastic and I see no reason why this one should be any different.

Proper music in a great venue.

Come on then who fancies winning a new whistle? All you gotta do is pull afew shapes and bribe a judge with alcohol... see you all on the dancefloor

Johnny

x

Guest Caroline Gration

Come on then who fancies winning a new whistle? All you gotta do is pull afew shapes and bribe a judge with alcohol... see you all on the dancefloor

Johnny

x

Dunno about that, but bringing along tape measure and a sharpened tailor's chalk, just in case.... young man.

Caroline

Guest James Trouble

Added to the DJ roster

Val Palmer as a late but most welcome addition

Hey Dean, sorry didn't say hi when I was down. Next time...

Good night as usual, Eddie on form behind the decks, I was very sober, who won the dance competition, I took some pics...

med_gallery_663_2099_437600.jpg

med_gallery_663_2099_54489.jpg

med_gallery_663_2099_277507.jpg

med_gallery_663_2099_145295.jpg

med_gallery_663_2099_477813.jpg

med_gallery_663_2099_622965.jpg

med_gallery_663_2099_20676.jpg

med_gallery_663_2099_369844.jpg

med_gallery_663_2099_283263.jpg

med_gallery_663_2099_93434.jpg

Edited by James Trouble

Hey Dean, sorry didn't say hi when I was down. Next time...

Good night as usual, Eddie on form behind the decks, I was very sober, who won the dance competition, I took some pics...

med_gallery_663_2099_437600.jpg

med_gallery_663_2099_54489.jpg

med_gallery_663_2099_277507.jpg

med_gallery_663_2099_145295.jpg

med_gallery_663_2099_477813.jpg

med_gallery_663_2099_622965.jpg

med_gallery_663_2099_20676.jpg

med_gallery_663_2099_369844.jpg

med_gallery_663_2099_283263.jpg

med_gallery_663_2099_93434.jpg

It really pains me to say this James, but great photos laugh.gif

Best you stick to the lens and leave the decks to those who know what they're doing tongue.gif and before you patronise me and call me sweetheart again it was in jest and I couldn't resist it :g:

QoFxx

PS you really do take some great photos and that is sincere

Edited by chrissie

Source Advert