• Replies 51
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Tobbi Bowe - I Can Feel Him Slipping Away c/w Groovy Feeling - Patheway - £662

Susan Singer - Bobby's Lovin' Touch - Oriole - £70

Roosevelt Matthews with Billy Ball & the Upsetters - You Got Me Diggin' You c/w Tighten Up - King promo - £655

Sandy Chapin - Breath Taking Guy - Empire - £208

Helen Moore - The Run Around c/w Get Away Blues - Renfro - £299

Louis Paul - The Change Will Do You Good - Intro - £923

Ollie Jackson - The Day My Heart Stood Still c/w Gotta Wipe Away The Teardrops - Magnum - £318

Tammi Terrell - This Old Heart Of Mine c/w Come On and See Me - Tamla Motown PS Holland - £54

Percy and Them - Look In The Mirror Of My Eyes - Roulette - £156

Little Melvin and the Boleros - Jealous Lover - Valarie - £464

Bobby Williams - I've Only Got Myself To Blame - Sure Shot promo - £384

Joyce Bond - Mrs Soul - Airborne - £116

Temptations - I Want A Love I Can See c/w Loneliness Made Me Realize - Tamla Motown demo - £142

Frank Beverly & the Butlers - If That's What You Wanted - Sassy promo - £476

Jimmy Delphs - Dancing A Hole In The World - Carla - £2536

Social source share

Jimmy Delphs Dancing A Hole 2536

Frank Beverly If Thats Demo 476

Temptaions I Want A Love 142

Joyce BondMrs Soul116

Bobby Williams I Only Got 384

Melvin Williams 464

Percy & Them 156

Tammi Terrell 54

Ollie Jackson 318

Louis Paul 923

Helen Moore 299

Sandy Chapin 208

Mr Matthews 655

Susan Singer 70

Tobie Bowe 622

Tobi Lark 397

Edited by Prophonics 2029
Social source share

Blimey.

Bobby Williams has shot up several hundred per cent since back in the day. Is it played anywhere 'cos I remember it being really fast.....?

Used to be a two quid special......

Ian D :D

============

got mine for £125 from pete french last year!!!!

phew,,

Social source share

Jimmy Delphs Dancing A Hole 2536

Frank Beverly If Thats Demo 476

Temptaions I Want A Love 142

Joyce BondMrs Soul116

Bobby Williams I Only Got 384

Melvin Williams 464

Percy & Them 156

Tammi Terrell 54

Ollie Jackson 318

Louis Paul 923

Helen Moore 299

Sandy Chapin 208

Mr Matthews 655

Susan Singer 70

Tobie Bowe 622

Tobi Lark 397

I take it this was Tobi Lark - Challenge My Love - Topper????

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

I love that Tobi Bowe.

When I first heard Mick H play it at the Cardiff niter, I made a few inquiries and was told around a grand. So maybe the winner has got a decent price?

Social source share

Tobie Bowe just sold on ebay for around $900. Bobby Williams is worth $200-$250, and thats top whack. I don't understand why people keep paying 3-4 times over the odds for records that are easily available. Been said on here a million times before...guess nobody's listening!

Social source share

Tobie Bowe just sold on ebay for around $900. Bobby Williams is worth $200-$250, and thats top whack. I don't understand why people keep paying 3-4 times over the odds for records that are easily available. Been said on here a million times before...guess nobody's listening!

For the same reason people get their suits tailor-made, driving a new Mercedes and collecting paintings from old maestros:

They can afford it.

Not all of Mr.Manships customers are joe public and if they like to pay such high prices let them. In the real world Bobby Williams is still $200.

Social source share

Guest mark shepherd

damn missed the percy and them if anyones got a spare for sale ill pay 175 ..

PM,d you Neil

shep :wink:

Social source share

No one forces people to bid on records they just do if they want it badly and are prepared to pay whatever it costs, it must be fantastic if you are in the 'money no object' bracket of collector/DJ which must be few and far between?

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Guest moggy

No one forces people to bid on records they just do if they want it badly and are prepared to pay whatever it costs, it must be fantastic if you are in the 'money no object' bracket of collector/DJ which must be few and far between?

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Im not sure Mark unsure.gif

When you can just click and win something, it takes away a large piece of what collecting is all about, the searching, the barttering, the scrimping the pennies together to afford it, the feeling you have when you do get your hands on a cherished want, thats took you ages to find

Also

Would you look at someone who could afford anything, in the same light as just a Joe public type collector who has worked his knacks off to obtain his collection on both the monety & searching aspect

:lol:

Social source share

I love that Tobi Bowe.

When I first heard Mick H play it at the Cardiff niter, I made a few inquiries and was told around a grand. So maybe the winner has got a decent price?

Pretty great double-sider as well and rare as hell IMO. I never found a copy in years of trawling.............

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

Im not sure Mark unsure.gif When you can just click and win something, it takes away a large piece of what collecting is all about, the searching, the barttering, the scrimping the pennies together to afford it, the feeling you have when you do get your hands on a cherished want, thats took you ages to find Also Would you look at someone who could afford anything, in the same light as just a Joe public type collector who has worked his knacks off to obtain his collection on both the monety & searching aspect :lol:

...but I think none of them will tell their friends that they bought it for the double price in an auction. Normally each of them tells you an exciting story about finding it for 2 quid into a dusty carboot sales box between Slade, Abba and Suzy Quatro records. Yeah, fame... :yes:

Social source share

Because they're rich and lazy, that's why

Social source share

This is somewhat doing down Manship reputation for clean vinyl & labels, that's part of it don't forget - Ebay chancers can be a dodgy old game. wink.gif

I won a Lainie Hill from a JM auction last year and it had someones name and address scratched into the run in and a hiss on the intro of the B side! None of which was mentioned in the description. So nobodys perfect.

p.s. at least I know where 'Paul Rowan' used to live

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

Guest moggy

This is somewhat doing down Manship reputation for clean vinyl & labels, that's part of it don't forget - Ebay chancers can be a dodgy old game. :yes:

Some truth in that Simsy

But not doing down JMs reputation in my opinion g.gif

Folk know what they get from JMs site, and that its the real deal

The question was more to do with wealthy collectors who just pay what ever it takes to get a choon or folk who pay way over what we consider the going rate

We know thats not JMs fault, its that people trust his reputation to deliver an accurate item, that attracts them to his auctions.

Social source share

Im not sure Mark unsure.gif

When you can just click and win something, it takes away a large piece of what collecting is all about, the searching, the barttering, the scrimping the pennies together to afford it, the feeling you have when you do get your hands on a cherished want, thats took you ages to find

Also

Would you look at someone who could afford anything, in the same light as just a Joe public type collector who has worked his knacks off to obtain his collection on both the monety & searching aspect

I totally agree with everything you say here I was simply stating a fact of life really i.e. those with a few quid in their pocket can buy what they wish I guess, as for the chase, blood, sweat, tears in finding records I'm pretty sure 99% of us can relate to and go through this and then some.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Guest moggy

Where are these fookers on Ebay when I'm selling!?

There all on JMs site

Cos of dodgy sellers on ebay whistling.gif:lol:

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Where are these fookers on Ebay when I'm selling!?

They bought off you before, so now only deal with JM :lol:

Sorry, you stuck your leg out and I had to kick it and fall over thumbsup.gif

Mikey Pires.

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

As we enter the arena of off topic, I fancy you've rather plagiarized moggy's posting there monsieur pires? :thumbup:

Shot my bolt too early. Saw your post and reached peak excitement straight away.

Keep your voice down Karen! :thumbsup:

Social source share

I love that Tobi Bowe.

Maybe it's just me but always considered this to be far inferior to Mamie Lee :thumbsup:

Social source share

Far by a million miles Dave, it's a terrible version and if there were thousands of copies around it wouldn't get a look in. Truly awful record.

I've just had two copies of the little melvin through my hands neither of which i paid more than 250 for

Salmon

Social source share

Guest Spinning Vinyl

============

got mine for £125 from pete french last year!!!!

phew,,

I phew even more coz I got an Issue and a Promo for £20 many moons ago, still have em as well :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

A little bit of midday sun, and the madness hits SS. Mamie, do I sound more screetchy than the girl on These Heartaches (not Dena Barnes allegedly??) Lee! puleeeezze cool.gif

Social source share

A little bit of midday sun, and the madness hits SS. Mamie, do I sound more screetchy than the girl on These Heartaches (not Dena Barnes allegedly??) Lee! puleeeezze cool.gif

You sure you've got the right record, Mamie Lee's got quite a deep voice.

Social source share

Sold my Tobbi Bowe a couple of years back for 750(bought from Ted M back in the 80's for 125), so it's not really a bargain, sure it's rare as hens teeth, but it's a cult record and the demand is more from collectors than dancers. I always rated "Groovy Feeling" alas that never got much response either.

Edited by Tony Smith
Social source share

Sold my Tobbi Bowe a couple of years back for 750(bought from Ted M back in the 80's for 125), so it's not really a bargain, sure it's rare as hens teeth, but it's a cult record and the demand is more from collectors than dancers. I always rated "Groovy Feeling" alas that never got much response either.

Bloody hell Tony i wondered where it went how about a cut mate of profits i mean :laugh:

Social source share

You win some, some you lose, you got some killers out of Andy Spencers stuff I missed great prices back then mate.

Iknow Tony i found his list the other day i wonder who bought the Ernest Mosely w/d for £30

That Tobo Bowe came from Jim Wensiora for £30

Social source share

Woo, the stuff that came out of Jims.. there's some tales there too...

I rang him with my wants list which was 2 pages long by the time we had finished id only got one page left Deltours £80, Ted wilson £150, Inspirations £200,Del Larks £100 the list goes on and on

Social source share

I rang him with my wants list which was 2 pages long by the time we had finished id only got one page left Deltours £80, Ted wilson £150, Inspirations £200,Del Larks £100 the list goes on and on

I got to Jim late after all you lot did so only managed to get a few bits and bobs off him, Imperial C's, John Leach, Ronnie McNeir, Belaires, Melvin Davis (Wheel City) Peoples Choice (Palmer) and a few others which I can't remember.....lol some collection that boy had.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert