Touched By The Hand Of Mod

Myself and the good Doctor, who are better known as the organisers of the driving beat soul club, drove up to Rotherham last night having met the organisers of this event at Ronnie Londons (Notts) a few weeks ago.

We were made very welcome by Gareth and Janine, the club is intimate but not too small, most of the floor is given over to dance floor but with ample seating and tables around the edge. The sound system was superb (just a little too basey on the odd record). The playlists were great, a lot of spins I've never heard before. A nice mix of 60's beat, club sounds, R&B, northern and a few ska. The dance floor was busy from early on and apart from the odd lull was busy for the rest of the night. The bar was open till just before 1am so plenty of time for drinking (water for me of course as I was driving). Chatted to a few of the regulars, Paul who seemed to know everyone and Steve who seemed to know every record (I came in at about 50%). Steve I hope won't mind me saying would go far in a Ray Davis look a like competition. All in all a cracking night that we plan to revisit with more of the mod squad. Check it out you won't be disappointed. Bryn

• Replies 6
  • Views 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hello Bryn,

Paul here. It's a lovely little club with a great friendly atmosphere and I'm glad you felt welcome and enjoyed the night. Numbers were a bit lower than the last two nights but hopefully that was just a blip since the feedback that Gareth and Janine have had has been overwhelmingly positive. I'll let Steve know about his potential burgeoning career on the lookalikey circuit, perhaps we may see him on the second series of "The One and Only" :lol::lol::lol: .

It would be good to see you at the next one: I'll make sure I put something on the Events Talk section as soon as I hear the date from Gareth and Janine.

Cheers,

Chiili

Myself and the good Doctor, who are better known as the organisers of the driving beat soul club, drove up to Rotherham last night having met the organisers of this event at Ronnie Londons (Notts) a few weeks ago.

We were made very welcome by Gareth and Janine, the club is intimate but not too small, most of the floor is given over to dance floor but with ample seating and tables around the edge. The sound system was superb (just a little too basey on the odd record). The playlists were great, a lot of spins I've never heard before. A nice mix of 60's beat, club sounds, R&B, northern and a few ska. The dance floor was busy from early on and apart from the odd lull was busy for the rest of the night. The bar was open till just before 1am so plenty of time for drinking (water for me of course as I was driving). Chatted to a few of the regulars, Paul who seemed to know everyone and Steve who seemed to know every record (I came in at about 50%). Steve I hope won't mind me saying would go far in a Ray Davis look a like competition. All in all a cracking night that we plan to revisit with more of the mod squad. Check it out you won't be disappointed. Bryn

:lol::ohmy: ...hahaha!!....who,s ray davies :lol: ...only kidding, any nice comment is a good comment, was a pleasure to meet you guys, You traveled a fare old distance,and i for one will be returning the favour.

Glad you liked it, numbers were down,but every night, good or bad cant always be a packer, the one

before was and am sure the ones to come will be...if you like all things Mod based...move along to this..

i dont mind if i have to dance on the carpet or outside for that matter.......it really is a brilliant night, run

by lovely people, playing fantastic music....to a wonderful crowd, and personally cant wait for the next :lol:

Why dont you join me :ohmy:

right ill get mi coat

Hello Bryn,

Paul here. It's a lovely little club with a great friendly atmosphere and I'm glad you felt welcome and enjoyed the night. Numbers were a bit lower than the last two nights but hopefully that was just a blip since the feedback that Gareth and Janine have had has been overwhelmingly positive. I'll let Steve know about his potential burgeoning career on the lookalikey circuit, perhaps we may see him on the second series of "The One and Only" :lol::lol::lol: .

It would be good to see you at the next one: I'll make sure I put something on the Events Talk section as soon as I hear the date from Gareth and Janine.

Cheers,

Chiili

Meet you on the floor at the next one Chilli :ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

Hello Bryn,

Paul here. It's a lovely little club with a great friendly atmosphere and I'm glad you felt welcome and enjoyed the night. Numbers were a bit lower than the last two nights but hopefully that was just a blip since the feedback that Gareth and Janine have had has been overwhelmingly positive. I'll let Steve know about his potential burgeoning career on the lookalikey circuit, perhaps we may see him on the second series of "The One and Only" :thumbsup::thumbsup::no: .

Cheers,

Chiili

Hi Paul (Chilli), Thanks for helping make it a great night out in Rotherham will defo be up for the next one. Banging! Boogaloo brilliance, regards Bryn

:thumbsup::( ...hahaha!!....who,s ray davies :thumbsup: ...only kidding, any nice comment is a good comment, was a pleasure to meet you guys, You traveled a fare old distance,and i for one will be returning the favour.

Glad you liked it, numbers were down,but every night, good or bad cant always be a packer, the one

before was and am sure the ones to come will be...if you like all things Mod based...move along to this..

i dont mind if i have to dance on the carpet or outside for that matter.......it really is a brilliant night, run

by lovely people, playing fantastic music....to a wonderful crowd, and personally cant wait for the next :no:

Why dont you join me :D

right ill get mi coat

Hey Stevie we may be asking for the name of your tailor, pleated shirt with darts, that takes me back, see you next time, boogaloo down I like your style, cya soon, Bryn

Source Advert