Giuseppe Salamone.....does Anyone Have Any Info. On This Thief?

Guest Leonardo

Guest Leonardo

Hi,

If anyone has any information that will enable me to track down and "prosecute" this thief I would be very grateful.

Jules56

Social source share

Guest rachel

Hey I know a complete arshole on this site but was told to take it elswhere- even though the transaction was through this site.

I feel a moderator coming to beat me senseless :wave:

You were asked to take it elsewhere as ongoing rounds of personal comments from both sides weren't getting anyone anywhere and were having a negative effect on other topics.

See notice in Sales re transactions "through this site" - https://www.soul-source.co.uk/Sales-F...Swa-t67629.html

Social source share

You were asked to take it elsewhere as ongoing rounds of personal comments from both sides weren't getting anyone anywhere and were having a negative effect on other topics.

See notice in Sales re transactions "through this site" - https://www.soul-source.co.uk/Sales-F...Swa-t67629.html

As someone who has also been "stung" through transactions on Soul Source, I have to say that in one case if I hadn't used the threat of exposure through the site I would probably have not got my 45 back (that was unpaid for). I don't see it as a reflection on the site but see public exposure, or the threat of it, a valid tool for people to ensure that the odd bad apple "plays the game". Once all avenues for resolution have played out unsuccessfully then naming and shaming can often be the final resort.

Social source share

Guest rachel

But what if one party has sent a record in poor condition, the buyer has sent it back, the seller said he would send a cheque as a refund last Tuesday but so far has not sent anything and now the seller is not responding to any emails the buyer sends? Does soul-source have any power in this situation?

You know who you are...get in touch or i will go public with your name.

Chris.

ps. This is a different issue than the one with the thief Giuseppe Salamone but just as bad.

No, we don't have any 'power' as such - we'd encourage people to try and sort things privately, and as Dave says, posting publicly about it should be a last resort. If it comes to that, then fair enough, it gives both parties a chance to state their case, and hopefully reach a resolution. It's understandable that things can get heated in this disagreements but what we don't want is it spilling over into other topics and turning into name-calling and insults. We've had calls in the past to ban members when someone's had a problem with sales, but it's often a case of one person's word against another and there's no actual evidence. As it says in the notice in the Sales section (that I posted the link to above), we can advise but we aren't here to arbitrate.

Social source share

Surely, someone in Belgium can or knows this guys whereabouts. There's no way he can keep operating without someone being able to track him. I've heard about this guy since I started buying soul records. So many people stung over the years, surely something could be done. Luckily, I was made aware of him early on and haven't got ripped off. You'd think the honest sellers and collectors in the area would have sorted him out by now, given the bad reputation ALL of them have had to endure......

Social source share

This guy Salamone took me for around £150 on e bay. I sent him a money order so have an address (not sure how much use this is).

Maybe we could pool resources and get the UK police to have a look. Or better still find him and give him a damn good kicking :rolleyes: .

I am very happy to share what little info I have on him.

Regards, Steve.

Social source share

whats his ebay ID ?? so i can avoid him and so can anyone else who hasn't encountered him yet

cookie :rolleyes:

He doesn't have a single ebay user ID, you have to look for sellers from Belgium that have 0 or very low feedback.

I bought from him once (I didn't know it was him, but it was a belgium seller with low feedback), I convinced him to take paypal because I thought I was safe. But it was 0 just after paypal had changed their policy to only refunding you what was in the seller's account and NOT fully protecting you, and I didn't know about the change.. I think the item was only like $60 and I got $40, so basically I lost $40 to this guy, which is possibly the least he's stolen from anyone...

Social source share

No, we don't have any 'power' as such - we'd encourage people to try and sort things privately, and as Dave says, posting publicly about it should be a last resort. If it comes to that, then fair enough, it gives both parties a chance to state their case, and hopefully reach a resolution. It's understandable that things can get heated in this disagreements but what we don't want is it spilling over into other topics and turning into name-calling and insults. We've had calls in the past to ban members when someone's had a problem with sales, but it's often a case of one person's word against another and there's no actual evidence. As it says in the notice in the Sales section (that I posted the link to above), we can advise but we aren't here to arbitrate.

Rachel I had the evidence in writing but appreciate frustrations shouldnt lead to messing up everyone elses soul source.

What gets my goat is the person was still trading on here after his dishonesty with me! He even admitted on this site in one of his posts with amessage that he was going to send them back but changed his mind after my negative comment. If thats not blatant theft I dont know what is!

Social source share

This guy Salamone took me for around £150 on e bay. I sent him a money order so have an address (not sure how much use this is).

Maybe we could pool resources and get the UK police to have a look. Or better still find him and give him a damn good kicking :D .

I am very happy to share what little info I have on him.

Regards, Steve.

In short, and speaking from experience, the UK police don't give a sh*t about frauds committed abroad, however may people they affect in the UK. Come to think of it, I doubt whether the Belgian police could care much either. They all just want to wash their hands of it, or just simply condone it for an easy way out.

Personally, I prefer your latter option of collectively kicking the crap out of him!

Edited by Gene-R
Social source share

In short, and speaking from experience, the UK police don't give a sh*t about frauds committed abroad, however may people they affect in the UK. Come to think of it, I doubt whether the Belgian police could care much either. They all just want to wash their hands of it, or just simply condone it for an easy way out.

Personally, I prefer your latter option of collectively kicking the crap out of him!

Thing is, it's not actually an offence committed in this country Gene so even if they wanted to do anything they can't.

Not that they want to, mind - they're swamped with UK-based ebay (and other internet) fraud and can basically do nothing about it.

I'd go so far as to say you can make a career now out of defrauding people of quite large amounts on the net and the police will not even start looking for you. Not that they don't want to, just that it's virtually impossible to build cases that the CPS will run.

Social source share

Rachel I had the evidence in writing but appreciate frustrations shouldnt lead to messing up everyone elses soul source.

What gets my goat is the person was still trading on here after his dishonesty with me! He even admitted on this site in one of his posts with amessage that he was going to send them back but changed his mind after my negative comment. If thats not blatant theft I dont know what is!

If you do feel that strongly about it why don't you take the appropiate action, legal or otherwise

If it is blatent and you have evidence, then surely that is the correct course of action.

Lost why instead of such you keep calling for the site mods to step in and act as judge and jury on what is a private matter between two members

Thats what it was/is, no matter which way you look at it, a private transaction between two members.

All the many mods you have approached over this matter have tried to assist both parties coming to an solution.

What more do you want ?

Social source share

If you do feel that strongly about it why don't you take the appropiate action, legal or otherwise

If it is blatent and you have evidence, then surely that is the correct course of action.

Lost why instead of such you keep calling for the site mods to step in and act as judge and jury on what is a private matter between two members

Thats what it was/is, no matter which way you look at it, a private transaction between two members.

All the many mods you have approached over this matter have tried to assist both parties coming to an solution.

What more do you want ?

Sorry Mike but when someone starts a thread like this It all comes flooding back to you about a bad experience.

However the person I have a gripe with made a post that blatantly said he was going to send the records back and decided not to after a negative comment from me- So he admitted on here the theft but no action was taken against him- that was my frustration. It only involved 2 records at a total cost of £40.00 Im not going to even take him to the small claims court as its costs £75 to register the complaint. But I felt an obligation to other genuine sourcers not to deal or get involved with this character as it could be more next time.

I appreciate the difficulty the Mods are in- I just wanted someone on here with authority to expose him for what he is.

Soon as he realised the game was up he blocked any of my pms- Changed his email address and tel number.

Sorry Mike Im one of these people who if I have done wrong I take the punishment and then move on! however if someone does me wrong no matter how large or small I will hound them until its resolved. Im avery principled person - too principled at times! When you have been through what I have in my life and nearly going to prison because of a liar and nearly having my whole life destroyed then you hate every liar you come across with a vegeance!

Maybe we should have an arbritration panel on the site like ebay- It would make interesting reading under freedom of information act!

Ill try and keep my gob shut about the incident!

Regards Steve

Edited by Ernie Andrews
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Sorry Mike but when someone starts a thread like this It all comes flooding back to you about a bad experience.

However the person I have a gripe with made a post that blatantly said he was going to send the records back and decided not to after a negative comment from me- So he admitted on here the theft but no action was taken against him- that was my frustration. It only involved 2 records at a total cost of £40.00 Im not going to even take him to the small claims court as its costs £75 to register the complaint. But I felt an obligation to other genuine sourcers not to deal or get involved with this character as it could be more next time.

I appreciate the difficulty the Mods are in- I just wanted someone on here with authority to expose him for what he is.

Soon as he realised the game was up he blocked any of my pms- Changed his email address and tel number.

Sorry Mike Im one of these people who if I have done wrong I take the punishment and then move on! however if someone does me wrong no matter how large or small I will hound them until its resolved. Im avery principled person - too principled at times! When you have been through what I have in my life and nearly going to prison because of a liar and nearly having my whole life destroyed then you hate every liar you come across with a vegeance!

Maybe we should have an arbritration panel on the site like ebay- It would make interesting reading under freedom of information act!

Ill try and keep my gob shut about the incident!

Regards Steve

So rather than pay the 75 pound which i should imagine would be awarded in costs if case won

You are expecting the mods on here to do the work of the small claims court

Just why do you think that is a reasonable expectation

Social source share

So rather than pay the 75 pound which i should imagine would be awarded in costs if case won

You are expecting the mods on here to do the work of the small claims court

Just why do you think that is a reasonable expectation

I don't think he is saying that Mike, he's just trying to warn people that they may have problems with a particular seller going by his experience. Like, if I was to pay someone for something that I had seen advertised on this site, and I was ripped off, I wouldn't hesitate to warn other members.

Unless I'm reading the posts wrong of course.

Social source share

I don't think he is saying that Mike, he's just trying to warn people that they may have problems with a particular seller going by his experience. Like, if I was to pay someone for something that I had seen advertised on this site, and I was ripped off, I wouldn't hesitate to warn other members.

Pete - Mike

Thats how I read it as well.

after all most of us on here haven't even met but we have become quite loyal to each other.. which is quite strange really :D

Social source share

I'm waiting for quite a few records to arrive at the moment and hope they all arrive ok. All the people I've dealt with have been proper gents so far but a list of dodgy characters would be beneficial to all members I think

Regards

Ian

Social source share

that was done

but as rachel posted

I think nearly every mod on here has been dragged into this in the past, and its always had the same going nowhere result

if they can't sort it and if the person who made the complaint is not prepared to take it further, then where does it go from there ?

Social source share

Pete - Mike

Thats how I read it as well.

after all most of us on here haven't even met but we have become quite loyal to each other.. which is quite strange really :D

Thats it Pete and Mischief- Dont expect the Mods to get my records back- Its all about warning people and a matter of principle as said they were only £20 records. Just want to expose the person for what they are! Sometimes its about keeping your own credibility by exposing their lies.

Social source share

If i remember rightly this was debated on here a few years ago and someone had actually gone to Salomones address and found only a middle aged rather plump woman who claimed coulnt speak english...whos to say its a man it might be her...

its a bloody disgrace any way you look at it...buyers beware

ouch..threads like this make buying from Johnny manship attractive :thumbsup: (only joking john)

Geeooooooordie

Social source share

• 4 years later...

as for my soul-source member who has gone awol with my cash.....Get in touch by the end of the week or i will name you on here...remember i have your address you asshole....

You know who you are......

Chris.

hi chris i had a problem with a theft on here, i bought a copy of jean carter i bet you on sunflower for £115 that he said was mint-

When i recieved the record it was not mint- more like vg- the B side would'nt play and the A side had scratch's all over the record which caused it to click and jump, so i mailed the thief to ask for a refund ,he said send me the record back so i did after having the record for 2 days and no reply he then accuses me of swapping the record for another copy which i did not, i got the mods involved and he didnt answer their emails or mine for 6 weeks thats how long me and the mods were trying to sort this out for, but because he would'nt answer any emails, i posted his name on here and because i named and shamed the thief he finaly got intouch through the thread about him. I could prove myside but it just ended up his word against mine, so this thief had my money and i had is crappy copy of jean carter, and the mods couldn't do a thing, because it was his word against mine. I will add though it felt good naming the thief but it won't change the fact that he ripped me off i hope you get yours sorted. good luck moz.

Social source share

Hi Moz,

Sorry to hear about your plight, hope it all works out for you.

As for my posts, they were 5 years ago! I remember the Guiseppe Salmone thing but I can`t even remember who the soul source members were but I`m sure it all got sorted out in the end. I was an angry young man back then looking at those posts...mellowed a bit now with kids and everything!

Thanks for replying, even after 5 years!

Chris

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Hi Moz,

Sorry to hear about your plight, hope it all works out for you.

As for my posts, they were 5 years ago! I remember the Guiseppe Salmone thing but I can`t even remember who the soul source members were but I`m sure it all got sorted out in the end. I was an angry young man back then looking at those posts...mellowed a bit now with kids and everything!

Thanks for replying, even after 5 years!

Chris

Kids do have that effect don't they, I wouldn't have liked meeting me on the internet 10 years ago!

Edited by Pete S
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Ive bought a lot on here and had no problems.Any records i sell i photo on the phone to establish identity....re e bay..sold a few records to a bloke....reggae bits.I got a fake paypal e mail and sent the records off....i then get a message from ebay telling me he was a scammer.Luckily he had a london address so me and a few friends visited....it was a squatted warehouse in shoreditch with piles of post near the door.I remember when a lad on here lost a lot of money on a Mr Soul and google earthing the address....threse fraudsters use addresses where they pick mail up or get someone to forward it.Paypal accounts get cleared into other bank accounts.

Social source share

For the last 5 years or so this persons name keeps cropping up over and over with fraud and deception around record sales.

His MO unfortunately appears to be the old basic hit & run tactic.

He rips some people off through straight forward deception by selling records he hasn’t got, once he’s got the money he submerges back underground. Then after a brief period he resurfaces at a different address under another name. And the whole process starts all over again.

Slippery criminals who frequently move about using different aliases can be some of the hardest to nail as its very complex and extremely time consuming for the Police to try piece together some sort of timeline which threads all the crimes together.

I’m sure the Police would prefer to apprehend him for a long catalogue of thefts resulting in a harder sentence rather than the odd deception here and there.

I’d read the updated thread a few days ago and purely by chance whilst browsing Ebay earlier this aft I noticed a Bobby Kline had recently sold for $1600 in December 2012. What caught my attention was that the seller (12horatio with a 45 feedback rating) was based in Belgium who’d only been a member since January 2012.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/bobby-kline-/130820709540?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item1e75859ca4&nma=true&si=V1MPuJLpTblC%252FQ5MdODAHPbLAus%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

After looking at the seller’s feedback the pattern sadly becomes clear.

70 positive feedbacks over the last 12 months (40 over the last 6) from sales of cheaper end records and some watches to establish himself and build up feedback to inspire trust.

After 12 months of modest trading he suddenly raises the stakes by offering several big ticket items and the New Year triggers another bout of deception. 6 negative feedbacks outlining 6 deceptions (5 of them record related) totalling just over $3000.

https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=12horatio&&_trksid=p2047675.l2560&rt=nc&iid=130820709540&sspagename=VIP:feedback&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

No doubt he’ll submerge again only to surface somewhere again in the near future.

Derek

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!