• Replies 51
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest mark shepherd

Shep, where is this place in relation to the Bannatyne?

Please draw me a picture :D

its about a 5 minute walk or 20 minutes stagger

talking to gaz and kev at joes,

and it seems we all have a good feeling about this :(

its about a 5 minute walk or 20 minutes stagger

talking to gaz and kev at joes,

and it seems we all have a good feeling about this :(

goodoh

I'll book a room then, and will get M to book the day off work so hes not tired and irritable and we can be there from the start

doubt I'll see any of you before then, so see you in 6 weeks - where I shall collect my belated birthday present :D

Shep, where is this place in relation to the Bannatyne?

Please draw me a picture :thumbsup:

kirsty nearest hotel is kings head

its just down the bank and around the corner

get shep to try and get a cheap room rate sorted and post details up

other hotels within 200 yards

boot and shoe

cricketers

darlington police station :ohmy:

kirsty nearest hotel is kings head

its just down the bank and around the corner

get shep to try and get a cheap room rate sorted and post details up

other hotels within 200 yards

boot and shoe

cricketers

darlington police station :thumbsup:

have stopped at the kings head before - and its vile!

would rather have a nice room and a bit of a stagger.... seeing as I'm a snob and all :ohmy:

thanks for the info though, you're much better than Shep :lol:

have stopped at the kings head before - and its vile!

would rather have a nice room and a bit of a stagger.... seeing as I'm a snob and all :thumbsup:

thanks for the info though, you're much better than Shep :ohmy:

boot and shoe is owned by the same people that have 10 crown street

so maybe a cheap room rate can be sorted for people attending ???/

over to shep :lol:

Guest mark shepherd

do you think i just sit around all day

working on the logistics of putting on a soul do

i'll hand it over to pete foster who knows the owner of both establishments

shep

Edited by mark shepherd

do you think i just sit around all day

working on the logistics of putting on a soul do

i'll hand it over to pete foster who knows the owner of both establishments

shep

TYPICAL BUCK PASSING LAZY ARSED DO NOWT

SAT ON HIS HANDS ,WHERE WOULD HE BE WITHOUT PETE ,LIKE A FUNGAL INFECTION YOU CAN,T SHAKE OFF

PETE ,LE DO THIS

PETE ,LE DO THAT

ARE WE GOING TO THE WHITE BULL OOOOHHHH I,LL ASK PETE?????

TYPICAL BUCK PASSING LAZY ARSED DO NOWT

SAT ON HIS HANDS ,WHERE WOULD HE BE WITHOUT PETE ,LIKE A FUNGAL INFECTION YOU CAN,T SHAKE OFF

PETE ,LE DO THIS

PETE ,LE DO THAT

ARE WE GOING TO THE WHITE BULL OOOOHHHH I,LL ASK PETE?????

try and post prices up for boot and shoe when i get them,Kirsty wishes to stay at Bannatyne anyway!

[THIS WILL BE A TOP NIGHT At 10 CROWN ST.DARLINGTON]

70's+thinking man's :thumbsup: 60's quality soul music,be there early,NOT TO BE MISSED :rolleyes:

so are we going to gisburn then........

your turn to drive i believe :lol:

who me or him or stop over ?

if were stopping we,ll have to book a room quick

who wants to go

will ring darren and carlo i,m deffinate are you and pete

the night at TEN will be a cracker great venue sound system

ooh nearly booked hotel this morning, but glad I didn't as the kids have been invited to a party on the Saturday at 11am...

looks like it'll be me driving home from the fun and frolicks then sad.gif

well I'll offer anyhow ph34r.gif

NEW SOUL DO COMING SOON

FLYER ATTACHED

THANKS, SHEP

post-3965-1210603643_thumb.jpg

Would be very interested to find out what you mean by "THINKING MAN'S 60'S SOUL MUSIC" ??? :thumbsup:

Also, does this mean that us women don't think about music!!!! :thumbsup:

Edited by jobbo
Guest ZTSC

Would be very interested to find out what you mean by "THINKING MAN'S 60'S SOUL MUSIC" is ??? :no:

Also, does this mean that us women don't think about music!!!! :thumbsup:

Come along and find out - look forward to seeing you there :thumbsup:

Guest SAFC-SOULBOY

Good luck with this one lads.....

Great venue...Cracking D.J line up....& no moans about the admission price....Should be a belter!!!

Midsummers Soul at No.10.... :lol:

Guest mark shepherd

Would be very interested to find out what you mean by "THINKING MAN'S 60'S SOUL MUSIC" ??? :unsure:

Also, does this mean that us women don't think about music!!!! :thumbup:

our apologies.......didnt mean the term to be gender specific

hows this.......THINKING PERSONS 60,S

and what we mean by this is.........

records that will have their day or records that are ripe for re-activation,

simply beacause we feel they are too damn good not to :ohmy:

Would be very interested to find out what you mean by "THINKING MAN'S 60'S SOUL MUSIC" ??? :(

Also, does this mean that us women don't think about music!!!! whistling.gif

"Thinking Mans 60,s SOUL" Jobbo is really just a general term used to say that there will be no played out "OLDIES" played at this night, basically its not a nostalgia night, but like Kev (ZTSC) says, come along on the night and hear for yourself, I.M sure it is going to be a cracker and I am really looking forward to it, the venue is good and the music will be great, even if I am a tad biased so put it in your diary and get yourself along. With regards to "us women don,t think about music", Kirsty, who has some great records herself, and has great taste, is a regular at our do,s.

Regards

Kev

"Thinking Mans 60,s SOUL" Jobbo is really just a general term used to say that there will be no played out "OLDIES" played at this night, basically its not a nostalgia night, but like Kev (ZTSC) says, come along on the night and hear for yourself, I.M sure it is going to be a cracker and I am really looking forward to it, the venue is good and the music will be great, even if I am a tad biased so put it in your diary and get yourself along. With regards to "us women don,t think about music", Kirsty, who has some great records herself, and has great taste, is a regular at our do,s.

Regards

Kev

YES, THIS WILL BE A GREAT NIGHT!

ANYBODY WHO IS THINKING OF TRAVELLING UP NORTH OR DOWN FROM THE SOUTH WILL NOT BE DISSAPPOINTED - SO DON'T THINK ABOUT IT TOO MUCH, I WILL SEE YOU ALL THERE FRIDAY JUNE 20TH.

DAZ

Regards

Kev

Thanks for the explanation!!!

Quite a few venues seem to be straying away from the played out oldies thankfully!!!

I was so busy looking at the 'Thinking Man's 60's' part I missed the other bits (70's crossover and modern). Detest the stuff I'm afraid but you can't win 'em all!!!

WISH YOU ALL THE BEST THOUGH :thumbsup:

Guest mark shepherd

popped into 10 crown street last nite to hear the sound quality

absolutely brilliant system, crystal clear in every corner of the venue, must have cost a small fortune

the DJ booth is an extension of the bar area

so you can order a drink and request a tune at the same time (dont ask me though, it'll be in my box at home, no doubt)

shep laugh.gif

Guest mark shepherd

Well this is my next definate night out...

Be warned that I will have approximately 4 weeks of built up energy to unload on you all :rolleyes:

got some thing you might like, winging its way to me, as a spare

so ply me with alcoholic bereverages

dance to everything i play regardless

and who knows.

if you dont do the above it would be a "big mistake" :D

shep

got some thing you might like, winging its way to me, as a spare

so ply me with alcoholic bereverages

dance to everything i play regardless

and who knows.

if you dont do the above it would be a "big mistake" :rolleyes:

shep

will it be my birthday present?

are there any of my bits you'd like me to bring... so you can play em and pretend they're yours wink.gif

really looking forward to this - all my favourite men (well some of them) in the same room, playing the kind of records that I adore

best not think about it too much or I'll get all excited and be a pain to live with :D

the DJ booth is an extension of the bar area

so you can order a drink and request a tune at the same time (dont ask me though, it'll be in my box at home, no doubt)

shep :thumbsup:

suppose that means if your djing you can put a record on and order a drink at the same time ? rolleyes.gif

if theres a bucket to pi*s in behind the decks as well is that not heaven

play your tunes get and get piss*d without having to walk anywhere :D

Guest mark shepherd

I like you thinking CORNFLAKE

i'm gonna ask about them providing a bucket or similar for that purpose.

You watch, in the second set, after a few, i'll be shaking the records and placing the needle down lightly on my tackle :D

lets hope using the mic goes without any glitches :yes:

shep

I like you thinking CORNFLAKE

i'm gonna ask about them providing a bucket or similar for that purpose.

You watch, in the second set, after a few, i'll be shaking the records and placing the needle down lightly on my tackle :lol:

lets hope using the mic goes without any glitches :lol:

shep

WHATS ALL THIS CORNFLAKE SHEPHERD YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENED LAST TIME YOU TRIED TO BE CLEVER

MY LITTLE CAR SALESMAN FRIEND :thumbsup: ANYWAY

CAREFUL YOU DON,T STICK YOUR KNOB ON THE RECORD AND ZIP THE NEEDLE BACK UP IN YOUR PANTS

WE,LL NEED A BIG BIG BIG BUCKET FOR THE PIs* KEV GAZ CARLO DAZ & ME WILL PROBABLY DO A GALLON EACH

PETE AND YOU PISS*D ON THE SMELL OF A BEERMAT SHOULD BE OK THOUGH :lol:

SHOULD BE A GOOD NIGHT :lol:

NEW SOUL DO COMING SOON

FLYER ATTACHED

THANKS, SHEP

post-3965-1210603643_thumb.jpg

Being has im from Darlo and know this venue well

Trust me this is a fantastic room in a top stylish pub with a no riff raff policy :rolleyes:

The sound system is out of this world and these guys will do it justice!

I really am looking forward to hearing the sounds these guys play ,it's been a long time coming and

well worth the wait.

Anyone who attended The Cumby arms(voted at the time by ANDY DYSON has his favourite venue) or the North Brit ,will need no introduction to the standard of music on offer.

Not really sure if "thinkin man's soul" is the best description :lol: but i kinda know what the guy's are trying to project. Pure sublime soulful 60's /70's and maybe even a touch of 80's .

Sets that are planned meticulously(spell check please) for pure pleasure of the ears.

The kinda stuff that either makes you wanna jump outta your seat and dance or quite simply make your spine tingle and the hairs on the back of your neck stand up .

Either way your sure to enjoy this night.

On a personal level i know these guy's well and most of em have been on the scene since the 70's without a break and are still as passionate today as ever!

Good luck lads and i'll see you on the 20th

Edited by NORTHERN NEV

Trust me this is a fantastic room in a top stylish pub with a no riff raff policy no.gif

I really am looking forward to hearing the sounds these guys play ,it's been a long time coming and

well worth the wait.

Anyone who attended The Cumby arms(voted at the time by ANDY DYSON has his favourite venue) or the North Brit ,will need no introduction to the standard of music on offer.

Not really sure if "thinkin man's soul" is the best description g.gif but i kinda know what the guy's are trying to project. Pure sublime soulful 60's /70's and maybe even a touch of 80's .

Sets that are planned meticulously(spell check please) for pure pleasure of the ears.

The kinda stuff that either makes you wanna jump outta your seat and dance or quite simply make your spine tingle and the hairs on the back of your neck stand up .

On a personal level i know these guy's well and most of em have been on the scene since the 70's without a break and are still as passionate today as ever!

Guest mark shepherd

im guessing im the " almost all "

i was still playing japs and commandoes,

when the rest were out and about spinning around :thumbsup: and paying 2 to 3 groats for kings of soul etc......

im guessing im the " almost all "

i was still playing japs and commandoes,

when the rest were out and about spinning around :lol: and paying 2 to 3 groats for kings of soul etc......

graduated to pokemon cards now big lad smile.gif

Guest mark shepherd

graduated to pokemon cards now big lad :D

behave yourself

im collecting them for my son - honest :unsure:

anyway can we be assured of your company @ number 10 on the 20th june

or you washing your hair :ohmy:

Guest mark shepherd

last BIG BUMP for this event from me

going away next week, back friday afternoon just in time

all the things that need to be done , have now been done

guest DJ,s confirmed

venue all sorted

bar staff briefed

equipment tested

fliers out

adverts posted

soul people invited

DJ times done

didnt realise so much running around was involved

thanks to pete whos ran around with me

and kev (to a lesser extent laugh.gif )

and gaz simon says hell bring his records on the night (no more than we have come to expect :yes: )

shep ( the apprentice)

DJ times gonna look something like this

7-30 SHEP

8-00 PETE FOSTER

8-30 DAZZ CARR

9-30 KEV CANE

10 -00 GAZ SIMON

10-30 HARRY & CARLO

11-30 SHEP & PETE

12-30 KEV AND GAZ

right people plus right music = a cracking night wink.gif

right people plus right music = a cracking night :yes:

We're leaving home at 6, so could arrive anywhere near the start

Have you furnished us with directions? We know how to get to the bannatyne, so a map from there would be useful whistling.gif

And information on where to park...

Guest mark shepherd

Have you furnished us with directions? We know how to get to the bannatyne, so a map from there would be useful whistling.gif

hi kirsty

leave your car at bannantynes and walk to number 10,its on crown street, its a cafe/bar directly oposite TK maxx in Darlington

next door to another pub called the william stead, ask anyone you bump into and they wil direct you

its a 5-10 minute stroll

have a look at the website for the venue

www.tencrownstreet.com

here,s the link to a map of darlington town centre

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&q=...&iwloc=addr

shep :yes:

Have you furnished us with directions? We know how to get to the bannatyne, so a map from there would be useful :thumbsup:

hi kirsty,looking forward to seeing you both,have you seen the venue

www.tencrownstreet.com on sheps thread ? [top draw]

see you fri.for laughs and a night of QUALITY music!

Guest mark shepherd

see everyone this Friday :lol:

fingers crossed my latest purchase will get here for the big night

have re-directed it to my sons, to sign for

he's under instructions to drop it off friday tea time :thumbsup:

shep

Trust me this is a fantastic room in a top stylish pub with a no riff raff policy :thumbsup:

well worth the wait.

Not really sure if "thinkin man's soul" is the best description :shades: but i kinda know what the guy's are trying to project. Pure sublime soulful 60's /70's and maybe even a touch of 80's .

Thanks Nev looking forward to seeing you mate, aven,t been out since the Bank Holiday special at Joe,s, actually just about recovered to be honest after getting slaughtered with Gaz, Pete and Bully, so raring to go for this one. As emphasised on previous posts, the venue is great and the sound system is a dream, we did Pete,s sister Jane,s birthday do there last year, had a great night and I think the sound made all the difference, looking forward to catching up with Mick and Kirsty, Joan is also coming over so thats a real bonus aswell as the 3 amigo,s from Boro Adam, Lofty and Tomo. Music policy will be the same as the Brit, Crossover and underplayed quality 60,s and 70,s, its gonna be a cracker and I can,t wait, defo going to pace myself this time with the sauce so I can take it all in and remember it. Get yourselves over to Darlington on Friday night for some great SOUL music, you will not be disappointed.

Best Regards

Kev

Thanks Nev looking forward to seeing you mate, aven,t been out since the Bank Holiday special at Joe,s, actually just about recovered to be honest after getting slaughtered with Gaz, Pete and Bully, so raring to go for this one. As emphasised on previous posts, the venue is great and the sound system is a dream, we did Pete,s sister Jane,s birthday do there last year, had a great night and I think the sound made all the difference, looking forward to catching up with Mick and Kirsty, Joan is also coming over so thats a real bonus aswell as the 3 amigo,s from Boro Adam, Lofty and Tomo. Music policy will be the same as the Brit, Crossover and underplayed quality 60,s and 70,s, its gonna be a cracker and I can,t wait, defo going to pace myself this time with the sauce so I can take it all in and remember it. Get yourselves over to Darlington on Friday night for some great SOUL music, you will not be disappointed.

Best Regards

Kev

Can't wait!

Michael is having to work on the Saturday though... so he might slope off for a sleep somewhere, or encourage me to leave a little earlier than planned - we won't be last out this time, thats for sure

See you all in a couple of days

hi kirsty

leave your car at bannantynes and walk to number 10,its on crown street, its a cafe/bar directly oposite TK maxx in Darlington

next door to another pub called the william stead, ask anyone you bump into and they wil direct you

its a 5-10 minute stroll

have a look at the website for the venue

www.tencrownstreet.com

here,s the link to a map of darlington town centre

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&q=...&iwloc=addr

shep :thumbup:

Having just checked the link to the pub/venue ,it looks even better than i rememberd :thumbsup:

Can't wait ,im gonna get there early and nick that fancy leather couch for me and the missus :thumbsup:

To sit in i mean,not take it home :lol:

is it tomorrow, today yet?

the good news is that Michael isn;t working Saturday which means we can stay till the end...

the bad news is that I have to drive home :)

see you boys (thats Gaz, Kev and Pete) in less than 24 hours time xxx