Liquorice Allsorts Album

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Just been reading in sales section on of these for sale, jogged my memory about the one i have, all the writing on the back of the sleeve is in BRAIL, has anyone come across this its the first one on any album ive seen huh.gif

Yeah had this a few times and it has a sister album with a similar cover, also called something Allsorts, can't remember what exactly.

Social source share

i think it was called aniseed allsorts a polydor track lp and it had rock tunes etc on it,i have the lp with the young kid smoking a spliff on the front front cover of the lp its backtrack 6 it has the precisions/parliaments stuff on it, :thumbsup:

al kent - where do I go from here

parliaments - don't be sore at me

parliaments - (I wanna) testify

al kent - you've got to pay the price

parliaments - let hurt put you in the loser's seat

debonaires - I'm in love again

debonaires - headache in my heart

sandpebbles - because of love

precisions - if this is love (I'd rather be lonely

parliaments - I can feel the ice melting

sandpebbles - love power

:sleep3::huh:

btrack6.bmp

Edited by de-to
Social source share

Just been reading in sales section on of these for sale, jogged my memory about the one i have, all the writing on the back of the sleeve is in BRAIL, has anyone come across this its the first one on any album ive seen :sleep3:

front.jpg

back.jpg

back2.jpg

on the back cover it does state that 'THE SONG TITLES ARE ALSO PRINTED IN BRAILE'. I could never quite get my head around the reasoning for this, anyone who has vision can see that. anyone who cant, can feel it :thumbsup:

Social source share

front.jpg

back.jpg

back2.jpg

on the back cover it does state that 'THE SONG TITLES ARE ALSO PRINTED IN BRAILE'. I could never quite get my head around the reasoning for this, anyone who has vision can see that. anyone who cant, can feel it :thumbsup:

Social source share

this looks like a reissue of backtrack 6???, :thumbsup::sleep3::huh:

heres another allsorts lp with braille on the back,hendrix,who stuff???, :huh::P:yes:

forgive my ignorance but would it be a reissue if it had different tracks on it? granted some are the same but there are differences e.g. 4 tracks by Labelle, 2 by Marsha Hunt - no Al Kent, no 'headache in my heart'.

???

Social source share

this looks like a reissue of backtrack 6???, :thumbsup::thumbsup::P

heres another allsorts lp with braille on the back,hendrix,who stuff???, :lol::g:ph34r.gif

This one is not the one I had so there must be three of these, the one I had had those like pink coconut round things with licorice in the middle on the cover. Theres at least 6 volumes of the Backtrack series, I've got 3 or 4 of them, my favourite isn't the soul one but the one with Andy Ellison - Been a long time and Johns Children - Desdemona.

Social source share

This one is not the one I had so there must be three of these, the one I had had those like pink coconut round things with licorice in the middle on the cover. Theres at least 6 volumes of the Backtrack series, I've got 3 or 4 of them, my favourite isn't the soul one but the one with Andy Ellison - Been a long time and Johns Children - Desdemona.

Mines got the liquorice allsorts sweets scattered on the sleeve :huh:

Social source share

Guest mel brat

The "Allsorts" series of albums were issued in 1973 or 74 and were virtually reissues of the Backtrack series from 1969, though with a few variations in track listing and new packaging.

Edited by mel brat
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!