Seen What's Happened On Ebay?

• Replies 26
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Basically, all feedback has now been totted up, not just individual ones, so mine has jumped from 3500 to almost 600.

But they have now bought in the rule where SELLERS cannot leave neutral or negative feedback for buyers! WHAT THE F*CK????

Social source share

You might get a surprise - Bloomin well did!

Noticed earlier today Pete....

Feedback "jumped up" fropm 318 to 364 nearer the the total of 504 received (duplicates, etc.) but, strangely, the "detailed star ratings" numbers of those left have nearly halved in number from above 50....

No "announcement" on changes.... or at least I didn't get one or see one....

Edited by vaultofsouler
Social source share

Basically, all feedback has now been totted up, not just individual ones, so mine has jumped from 3500 to almost 600.

But they have now bought in the rule where SELLERS cannot leave neutral or negative feedback for buyers! WHAT THE F*CK????

Presume you meant 6000....

Not seen that re no negative or neutral for buyers tho....

Social source share

I just checked my feedback on ebay.com, exactly as it should be???

are you registered as a professional seller? I guess so, that might explain it, I'm private seller...

they have been announcing this for a long time. EIther way, the change was supposed to happen may 18th, maybe they did it early for the UK or something, mine hasn't changed yet.

Social source share

they have been announcing this for a long time. EIther way, the change was supposed to happen may 18th, maybe they did it early for the UK or something, mine hasn't changed yet.

Didn't know about it Bob.... not seen or had the announcement.... mines up on both .com and .co.uk when checked earlier today....

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

I kind of agree with the no negatives from sellers. As a buyer i'm always the first to give feedback once the 45 arrives, then the seller does his. That puts me at a disadvantage if i want to give neutral or negative if i'm not happy because some sellers will just give a negative in revenge. The upside is i never give negatives even when i'm not happy, because i don't want to receive negatives just out of spite.

Not an ideal solution i agree but the current situation is a pain in the backside. Maybe they should change it so sellers give a positive as soon as payment is received. I also get annoyed at sellers who can't be arsed to give any feedback. I give it every time.

Social source share

I kind of agree with the no negatives from sellers. As a buyer i'm always the first to give feedback once the 45 arrives, then the seller does his. That puts me at a disadvantage if i want to give neutral or negative if i'm not happy because some sellers will just give a negative in revenge. The upside is i never give negatives even when i'm not happy, because i don't want to receive negatives just out of spite.

Not an ideal solution i agree but the current situation is a pain in the backside. Maybe they should change it so sellers give a positive as soon as payment is received. I also get annoyed at sellers who can't be arsed to give any feedback. I give it every time.

Situation 1.

I sold an electric clock on ebay.

The winning bidder was in the U.S.

He never paid, so i relisted the item and sold it to someone in the UK.

He then left me negative feedback saying the clock didn't work.

If I couldnt have left negative feedback, this wouldn't have been hi-lighted to people considering buying from me in the future that this was a nutcase who had done this on a couple of occaisions.

Situation 2

I sold a record to someone in the U.S. and payment was made quickly.

I left immediate positive feedback.

The buyer then charged back through Paypal (two days after paying) saying that they hadn't received the record - no suprise there as it was sat on my side ready for posting the next day.

If I'd had held off leaving feedback until after the buyer had left it for me, I would have had some way of getting across to other sellers that the buyer was a f*ckwit of the highest order and to seriously consider cancelling any bids they might have on their items.

That's why sellers hang on until feedback has been left before they leave it.

Social source share

i have a situation at the moment.

i buy on ebay with the VERY occasional sell. i dont like it when i make an immidiate payment and dont recieve feedback until i have left for them - slightly annoying as i have completed my part of the deal! it makes me suspicious of the seller.

with this in mind, when i recieve payment for a sell i leave feedback immidiatly.

however, i sold a record recently and left immidiate feedback on reciept of payment. two days after the guy recieved the record he contacted me saying that the record had been 'mucked about with' and in some way it had been 'buffed'. the record was undergraded as EX condition (compared to most i have bought in this grading range) and i wouldn't even know how to 'buff' a record.

i will give the guy a full refund on return of the record however it does make me think - he has a very low number of buys, what happens if he returns the record and it is not the record i sent him but one of his that is buffed and he is pulling a fast one and just doing a swap?

there was absolutely nothing wrong with the record i sent but he has the opportunity to leave nutural or negative and i have already left positive for his prompt payment.

difficult one, but it has made me think how i will approach feedback in the future.

p.s. i am not a proffesional seller but the number of feedback has gone down on mine. i tend to go back to trusted sellers regularly but have lost the multipul number of times i have bought from the same seller

Social source share

Mines gone up too, thought I was going mental...lol is anyone else having problems posting feedback as I've been trying on and off for the last couple of days and click the blue button and it just won't fire it through? this can't post negative feedback to a buyer is a pain in the arse I reckon, no right to reply at all for the seller if a transaction goes tits up, what happens when your waiting, weeks or whatever for payment off someone, if you go through Ebay for payment not been paid route then the buyer could after they finally pay post negative feedback because you simply wanted your money, personally I think it sucks.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Guest Fatius Bumius

EBay idiots!

3 1/2 years of buying and selling on one of my ID's and a 100% feedback score....1800 positives and one neutral.100% yesterday has now dropped to 99.7% after the new feedback rules have been applied and they've nobbled me a point for the neutral. :thumbup: to$$ers. Neutral was buyers fault anyway, bought a pair of 31" inside leg trousers, measured as 31" with my tape measure, then left a neutral feedback to say the trousers were too long....who's faults that? Not my fault he's got shorter legs than he thought :ohmy:

mikecook

If you suspect the buyer might be trying a swap, tell him you will refund when you get the record back and check the security markings on it :) Usually puts off anyone who's trying it on.

Social source share

Guest Revilot1957

mines not changed ?????????????????why not :ohmy:

Only logged on tonight to report this ... (Well beaten to it) !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never mind the tot-up ... Mine's dropped from 99.9% to 99.1% !!!

1,600 items sold at 100%.

solitary negative was retaliaratory, fron a conman seller (The BIG kick in the teeth) :thumbup:

I presume feedback score NOW works on results over last 12 months ...

(Me 108 positive - and ONE negative = 99.1%) ...

The frightening thing, as a seller is ...

You used to go to a seller's feedback and see .. (For mine) ....

Total feedback 1,700 - Total feedback from individual users 814 - Negative feedback 1 ... etc, etc

That has ALL GONE !!!!!!!!!!

It now looks like I rob one in every 108 customers.

Rather than standing-up to one pikey car trader.

Which before today, any prospective customer would find easy to trace, in one minute.

And now nothing to stop extortion by the buyer !!!!!!!!!!

EDIT ... If i hadn't been beaten to it, My thread title was gonna be "Manship's auction sales total set to rise ... BIG TIME"

Edited by Revilot1957
Social source share

If you suspect the buyer might be trying a swap, tell him you will refund when you get the record back and check the security markings on it :ohmy: Usually puts off anyone who's trying it on.

Edited by bitchdj
Social source share

I've jumped from just under 2000 up to 3000, and as the only neg I had was 3 years ago, thats now gone and I'm up to 100%

Social source share

Mines gone up too, thought I was going mental...lol is anyone else having problems posting feedback as I've been trying on and off for the last couple of days and click the blue button and it just won't fire it through? this can't post negative feedback to a buyer is a pain in the arse I reckon, no right to reply at all for the seller if a transaction goes tits up, what happens when your waiting, weeks or whatever for payment off someone, if you go through Ebay for payment not been paid route then the buyer could after they finally pay post negative feedback because you simply wanted your money, personally I think it sucks.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Agree Mark

Obvious concern about Rogue Traders, but what about Rogue Buyers.

Feedback.gif

Now no right of reply. :thumbup:

I think that this approach will create more problems than they are trying to correct.

Social source share

MY FEED BACK HAS GONE DOWN FROM 100%

THE IDIOT SELLER WHO I WON THE 45 OFF DIDNT HAVE THE RECORD!!!!! PAID FOR IT AND WHEN I QUESTIONED HIM MANY DAYS LATER HE SAID SORRY AINT GOT IT! GAVE HIM POSOTIVE HE GIVES A NUTERAL TWAT!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!