Whispers On Soul Clock

Can anyone help out with info on the differing label designs for Whispers - Remember? Values/booted/how many variations etc etc.

The copy I have is shown in the scan below, cheers for any help :thumbup:

Adam.

Social source share

Cheers for the info so far guys. Reason I got confused on this is because of the following text on JMs site on his listing for 'Remember Me'....countefeit with the title - REMEMBER - this is the original press with the same backing track as "Times A Wasting" - The Fuller Brothers with the full correct title "REMEMBER ME"

Adam.

Social source share

Cheers for the info so far guys. Reason I got confused on this is because of the following text on JMs site on his listing for 'Remember Me'....countefeit with the title - REMEMBER - this is the original press with the same backing track as "Times A Wasting" - The Fuller Brothers with the full correct title "REMEMBER ME"

Adam.

These two are Stamped, I have the later releases on green,

I believe that they are also Stamped Matrix. I'll have to search them out to have a look.

Soul_Clock_SC-109a_DJ.jpg

Vinyl - Matrix Stamped

--------------wi---@ 6 O'clock "F - 2 7 5 3 - 1"

--------------wi---@ 3 O'Clock "1V"

--------------wi---@12 O'Clock "1"

Soul_Clock_SC-105a_DJ.jpg

Vinyl - Matrix Stamped

----------------w- @ 6 O'clock "F - 2 7 2 4"

----------------w- @ 1 O'Clock "H"

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

• 12 years later...

Following on from this.

The are two versions of the green label on Discogs but according to John Manship’s 5th edition I think the boot and original are the wrong way round on Discogs.

The picture of the unofficial copy in John Manship guide (5th Edition) is the DARKER GREEN copy (see attached pics) but is listed as original on Discogs.  This pic also shows the ‘Distributed by Fantasy/Galaxy’ uneven and well away from the label outer rim which is the type of thing you see on boots. I even think the ‘Remember’ and ‘The Whispers’ aren’t level.

Discogs pic (listed as original 2nd release)

A9726022-DB58-499D-B43D-A9A4F1C0CB13.jpeg.cdfd3c39cf7ff3c92cb12a5ebd698278.jpeg

Manship 5th (listed as a boot)

9A728493-4C0B-4567-8031-A6F9DBC92C9C.thumb.jpeg.2d1ced0c93e79e4354a38b1663ab7d15.jpeg

According to the John Manship guide (5th Edition) the unofficial green label release has a dead wax width of 14.8mm and a lightly scratched matrix. ‘F 2753-1 AZA’. 
&
There are three different original releases. All have a dead wax width of 9.3mm and a machine stamped ‘H’ or ‘R’. 
My copy in hand has the green pale washed out look label but does have the 9.3m dead wax and stamped ‘R’

4E2A9368-F2D7-4D39-A3F5-48DFF4712617.jpeg.add60dec92439f2e279ef3a940e3e500.jpeg

Pale green (listed as a unofficial boot on Discogs)

78A25F26-D275-4C94-BE50-EB9AB92FB20C.jpeg.42ba9136b57de9886769a5758818ac6b.jpeg

If you were to just look at the pics I would be thinking that both the washed out light green copy and darker green were both boots!!!

Does anyone have a definitive answer???

Edited by Paul Capon
Social source share

2 hours ago, Paul Capon said:

Following on from this.

The are two versions of the green label on Discogs but according to John Manship’s 5th edition I think the boot and original are the wrong way round on Discogs.

The picture of the unofficial copy in John Manship guide (5th Edition) is the DARKER GREEN copy (see attached pics) but is listed as original on Discogs.  This pic also shows the ‘Distributed by Fantasy/Galaxy’ uneven and well away from the label outer rim which is the type of thing you see on boots. I even think the ‘Remember’ and ‘The Whispers’ aren’t level.

Discogs pic (listed as original 2nd release)

A9726022-DB58-499D-B43D-A9A4F1C0CB13.jpeg.cdfd3c39cf7ff3c92cb12a5ebd698278.jpeg

Manship 5th (listed as a boot)

9A728493-4C0B-4567-8031-A6F9DBC92C9C.thumb.jpeg.2d1ced0c93e79e4354a38b1663ab7d15.jpeg

According to the John Manship guide (5th Edition) the unofficial green label release has a dead wax width of 14.8mm and a lightly scratched matrix. ‘F 2753-1 AZA’. 
&
There are three different original releases. All have a dead wax width of 9.3mm and a machine stamped ‘H’ or ‘R’. 
My copy in hand has the green pale washed out look label but does have the 9.3m dead wax and stamped ‘R’

4E2A9368-F2D7-4D39-A3F5-48DFF4712617.jpeg.add60dec92439f2e279ef3a940e3e500.jpeg

Pale green (listed as a unofficial boot on Discogs)

78A25F26-D275-4C94-BE50-EB9AB92FB20C.jpeg.42ba9136b57de9886769a5758818ac6b.jpeg

If you were to just look at the pics I would be thinking that both the washed out light green copy and darker green were both boots!!!

Does anyone have a definitive answer???

John spends most of his life now on Facebook so I would ask him on there Paul if you are a member

Also Discogs often have the correct info but not perhaps the correct images (other submitters can add them later) or the correct images and wrong data

Pete Smith on here is another good person to ask

Edited by Blackpoolsoul
Social source share

3 hours ago, Blackpoolsoul said:

John spends most of his life now on Facebook so I would ask him on there Paul if you are a member

Also Discogs often have the correct info but not perhaps the correct images (other submitters can add them later) or the correct images and wrong data

Pete Smith on here is another good person to ask

you definitely need to shake your head before posting on here

@Pete S ain't been active on here since 2019

Social source share

14 minutes ago, Blackpoolsoul said:

That's 2 experts, why are these people not on here ?

tempted to say maybe its down to posts like yours, but I wont😉

know JM left after a late nite rant threatening various mods and site with lawyers

Pete S seemed to have just moved on 2 or so years ago

anyway as said many times 

if want to talk about the site take it to the feedback forum

lets get back to the topic,  anyone help further on the Whispers question?

Edited by Mike
english
Social source share

These are all RCA pressings and as such have different typesetting for each plant and either R, I or H in the run-outs. The one listed as a boot on discogs (pale green) looks more like an original RCA Rockaway pressing to me and should have a R in the deadwax (the giveaway is the writer credit set in Baskerville). The one listed as an original second press looks pretty dodgy from a type point of view. 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

7 hours ago, Garethx said:

These are all RCA pressings and as such have different typesetting for each plant and either R, I or H in the run-outs. The one listed as a boot on discogs (pale green) looks more like an original RCA Rockaway pressing to me and should have a R in the deadwax (the giveaway is the writer credit set in Baskerville). The one listed as an original second press looks pretty dodgy from a type point of view. 

That’s exactly what I’m thinking too - they are round the wrong way on Discogs

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!