• Replies 39
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Mark Cartwright

Went last year and it was great!!

Facilities are really good and the very open music policy worked a treat.

Well recomended

Mark

Social source share

thanks for that baz looking foward to it do you know if the deposits refundable???? :lol::Dohmy.gif

They do say the one in Lanzarote is far better though :D , i know a few folks that went thought it was great .... :D , hope thats made you feel a bit better Redcoupe :ohmy:

:thumbsup: Bazza

Social source share

whats it like ? whos going?

WENT TO LANZAROTE LAST YEAR. HOTEL GREAT, NICE PEOPLE.

MUSIC!!! HAVING TWO ROOMS HELPED. AT LEAST YOU HAD A BIT OF CHOICE AND COULD PICK AND CHOOSE WHAT YOU WANTED TO HEAR AS TIMETABLES FOR EACH ROOM AND DJ WERE GIVEN. BEST MUSIC WAS IN THE AFTERNOON AT THE OPEN AIR BAR. SOMETHING A BIT DIFFERENT NOW AND AGAIN!!!

WITHOUT SLAGGING IT OFF TOO MUCH, TREAT IT AS ANY OTHER HOLIDAY. IF YOU'RE GOING FOR THE MUSIC THEN YOU MAY BE DISAPPOINTED, UNLESS YOU LIKE THE SAME OLD OLDIES!!!

Edited by jimbob62
Social source share

Guest mcleanmuir

well , we went to the one in Tenerife,I thought it was tripe, bunch of amateurs who aint got a clue,

:lol: Bazza

I have been going to the one in Tenerife for the past 6 years and all have been very well organized and in a good venue. There are a good variety of DJs who are well known on the Northern scene. There are day time sessions that are held in a semi-open-air club/restaurant so you can have have a few drinks sitting in the sun and look out over the ocean while listening to some good music.

Soul In The Sun, does exactly what it says on the tin.

Social source share

I have been going to the one in Tenerife for the past 6 years and all have been very well organized and in a good venue. There are a good variety of DJs who are well known on the Northern scene. There are day time sessions that are held in a semi-open-air club/restaurant so you can have have a few drinks sitting in the sun and look out over the ocean while listening to some good music.

Soul In The Sun, does exactly what it says on the tin.

Give over,well known DJ's :thumbup: ,dont Matron let you out very often, :unsure: ,each to his own I suppose,I was there last year, it was a joke, they had'nt got a clue :ohmy:

Bazza

Social source share

Give over,well known DJ's :thumbup: ,dont Matron let you out very often, :unsure: ,each to his own I suppose,I was there last year, it was a joke, they had'nt got a clue :lol:

Bazza

I went a few years ago with some mates, f-ing hated it, same cds over & over again.

We heard better music being played around the apartment pool where we stayed :ohmy:

Social source share

Guest mcleanmuir

Give over,well known DJ's :thumbup: ,dont Matron let you out very often, :unsure: ,each to his own I suppose,I was there last year, it was a joke, they had'nt got a clue :ohmy:

Bazza

Bazza,

Like you I was sharing my experience, no need to bring Matron in to it.

Social source share

I went a few years ago with some mates, f-ing hated it, same cds over & over again.

We heard better music being played around the apartment pool where we stayed :thumbup:

yep , I agree , I dont want to hear " Do I Love You " every 5 mins :unsure:

Bazza

Thats if they could fathom how to change CD " Decks ", pathetic really

Edited by bazza
Social source share

Guest toffee lady

We heard better music being played around the apartment pool where we stayed :thumbup:

Ah yes, still have nightmares, you running around with your camera snapping me unawares and breaking into the bathroom!

I have to say though that the fancy dress/pizza hut/bambi ride experience was the funniest thing ever in my life and still makes me laugh out loud to this day thinking about it :unsure:

Belle x

Social source share

I went to the first week of Soul In The Sun in Lanzarote last year & thought it was excellent.

Everyone to there own but you must have had a bad experience, as I can't remember hearing "Do I Love You" once last November.

Music wise there's something for everyone but I would say its more slanted towards the newer northern, crossover & modern sounds rather than the same "worn out oldies" you might get at a normal soul night.

The Sands Beach Resort complex is excellent, you couldn't fault it and can get as involved as much as you want or stop on your own.

As for "amateur's" running it I think you are way off the mark from my experience last year.

I'm going again this November so make your own mind up!

Cheers

Amo

Edited by amo
Social source share

Guest Fatius Bumius

search on youtube :lol:

Soul in the Sun lanzarote

Soul in the sun fancy dress

Interesting :lol:

Keep you amused for hours :huh:

Social source share

I went to the first week of Soul In The Sun in Lanzarote last year & thought it was excellent.

Everyone to there own but you must have had a bad experience, as I can't remember hearing "Do I Love You" once last November.

Music wise there's something for everyone but I would say its more slanted towards the newer northern, crossover & modern sounds rather than the same "worn out oldies" you might get at a normal soul night.

The Sands Beach Resort complex is excellent, you couldn't fault it and can get as involved as much as you want or stop on your own.

As for "amateur's" running it I think you are way off the mark from my experience last year.

Cheers

Amo

Fair do's, but we didnt go to Lanzarote,we went in April to Tenerife, and it was tripe, same folk I believe,but on that occasion I dont think they could have organized a party in a brewery ,as for the Music same CD's played time after time,if you were not there how can you say I am wrong ?

really enjoyed it in the Manhattans Bar though,

Bazza

Edited by bazza
Social source share

Guest mcleanmuir

It doesn't give me the answers

January / February 2008 NEWSLETTER

================================================================================

===========

Dave, It is all on the link, third one down. This Newsletter is on there.

Soul in the Sun - January / February 2008 Newsletter

Can I start by wishing everyone a very Happy New Year, and I hope that 2008 brings you everything that you wish. This is a huge Newsletter that covers everything that I can think of for the moment, but no doubt as soon as I have pressed 'send' I'll think of something else.

November 2008 - Lanzarote

Many of you will be aware of the problems that I've had organizing next November's holiday, well at last it is all sorted and I am delighted to say that we are going back to The Sands Beach Luxury apartments, in Costa Teguise.

Since we started Soul in the Sun back in 1998 it was always my intention to be under one roof so to speak. This year it's hard to believe that it's our 10th Anniversary, time flies doesn't it? From that very first holiday and subsequent years so many of us have made life long friends and I feel very privileged to be a part of it.

My one concerns about us all going to the same complex were that there would be too much noise at nights, when people wanted to sleep, and that we would maybe feel on top of each other.

I needn't have worried on either point, and over the fortnight I never had one complaint about the noise. As for being on top of each other I think that ever one knows that sometimes we all need our own space to do our own thing, and it was nice for Shirley and I just to disappear for a few hours by ourselves as I'm sure you all did at some time or another.

The quality of the apartments are just fantastic, as is the whole complex with 7 swimming pools and 2 great rooms for our music. Sands Beach is at the moment re furbishing the beachfront apartments (I didn't think they needed it) and are fitting air con to them.

Extracts from some of the letters that I received about sum it up .... "All I can say is it was one of the best experiences in my life" - "the holiday exceeded all our expectations" - "We had a fantastic time, music excellent, dancing wonderful and lots of new good friends" - "I have to say that was the best holiday I have had in my life. What fantastic people, music and resort." - "We didn't think Soul in the Sun could get any better, but the music, accommodation, people, DJ's were absolutely fantastic" - We thought it was BLOODY FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!! - Just wanted to say that I have just had the best week of my life. This was my first Soul in the Sun, but it certainly won't be the last"

When it was all over I thought it was just going to be a formality, re booking the complex, how I was wrong.

The General Manager wanted us back, his wife Carol the assistant manager wanted us back, and Paul the other assistant manager wanted us back. It seems reading between the lines that it was the director and accountant who were not keen. Anyway recently the director was sacked, the new one came in, looked at our proposals and said "what are we waiting for, get them back"

The date is Thursday 6th November and second week Thursday 13th November

I always promised that those who joined us last year would have first chance to book again for this year, we opened the bookings on Friday morning and up to date over people have already booked.

Booking

The first thing you must do is book your passes, you can obtain a booking form HERE.

Once we have received your booking form, we will E mail or post you a confirmation letter with a booking reference, you will need this reference to book your holiday

Flights

One of our biggest problems is getting everyone to Lanzarote. There isn't enough flights to get everyone there without chartering our own planes. This causes a problem with empty seats. If you can imagine two planes going out on the Thursday full of Sunners. They drop us off, then have to fly back empty. At the end of week one it's no problem, a full plane comes out with week two'ers, and goes back with week one'ers. But at the end of the fortnight, two planes have to go out empty to bring everyone home. The only reason we can manage this is that Thomas Cook have agreed to sell those seats, as long as we buy the flights from other airports off them. If they didn't take these seats Soul in the Sun at Lanzarote simply would not happen.

With this in mind if you cannot fly from Manchester, The Little Travel Shop will get you a flight somewhere else, but you must book it through them this year. There will be no accommodation only.

Any other prices if there are 5 of you, children's prices or flights from other airports can be obtained from The Little Travel Shop - 01942 522888

BEACHFRONT

Studio 1 person ONE WEEK

£ 480.00

ONE BED ONE WEEK

Studio 2 people ONE WEEK

£ 368.00

2 people

£ 460.00

3 people

£ 410.00

ONE BED ONE WEEK

4 people

£ 380.00

2 people

£ 405.00

3 people

£ 355.00

TWO BED ONE WEEK

4 people

£ 326.00

3 people

£ 450.00

4 people

£ 430.00

TWO BED ONE WEEK

5 people

£ 385.00

3 people

£ 415.00

6 people

£ 360.00

4 people

£ 385.00

5 people

£ 360.00

THREE BED ONE WEEK

6 people

£ 340.00

6 people

£ 420.00

Studio 1 person TWO WEEK

£ 726.00

ONE BED TWO WEEK

Studio 2 people TWO WEEK

£ 497.00

2 people

£ 585.00

3 people

£ 540.00

ONE BED TWO WEEK

4 people

£ 480.00

2 people

£ 535.00

3 people

£ 460.00

TWO BED TWO WEEK

4 people

£ 420.00

3 people

£ 600.00

4 people

£ 515.00

TWO BED TWO WEEK

5 people

£ 470.00

3 people

£ 560.00

6 people

£ 430.00

4 people

£ 475.00

5 people

£ 450.00

THREE BED TWO WEEK

6 people

£ 420.00

6 people

£ 500.00

Social source share

Cheers

Amo

amo...are you going first or second week.well have to introduce ourselves ill be at the bar most days.ill have shorts and sunglassses on so youll recognise me :huh::lol::lol::lol:

Social source share

Guest mcleanmuir

amo...are you going first or second week.well have to introduce ourselves ill be at the bar most days.ill have shorts and sunglassses on so youll recognise me :huh::lol::lol::lol:

LOL

Social source share

its a great week or fortnight. do you want to go on holiday with a bunch of twats or do you want to go on holiday with people who like the same as you. granted your not going to to get searling or mr fenn dj ing but after youv'e slept with arthur you will know your not missing anything. hey its a fortnight of great music and getting pissed. anyway i went on usa trip to new york with mr roberts and the organizasion on that was shit.

Social source share

amo...are you going first or second week.well have to introduce ourselves ill be at the bar most days.ill have shorts and sunglassses on so youll recognise me :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Redcoupe: Going for the full fortnight this year, there's a fair crowd already booked up from Stoke, just look out for all the new Stoke City FC Premier League tops I'll be wearing one of those!

The afternoon sessions down by the pool are great, having something to eat, afew beers & listening to some cracking music most of which on the afternoon sessions is "new" to most folk. The only trouble is these sessions are 2pm till 6pm and it is very easy to over endulge which we did a couple of times!!!!

Cheers

Amo

:huh:

Social source share

Fair do's, but we didnt go to Lanzarote,we went in April to Tenerife, and it was tripe, same folk I believe,but on that occasion I dont think they could have organized a party in a brewery ,as for the Music same CD's played time after time,if you were not there how can you say I am wrong ?

really enjoyed it in the Manhattans Bar though,

Bazza

Totally agree Bazza. I went to Tenerife November 2006 and to Lanzarote in 2007. With regard to Tenerife, I too ended up in Manhatten's every night. Harley's was awful. Bar right in the middle so you couldn't see what was going on, the tiny dance floor (with bumpy tiles) right at the front of the place where everyone was walking in and then half way through the week the music Police closing the place early and having to move on to the Jungle Bar. Didn't like the Jungle Bar much which is why we ended up in Manhatten's. Did like the Fort on an afternoon though.

At both Tenerife and Lanzarote the afternoon sessions were better I thought as you heard something a bit different, especially in Lanzarote. Two rooms made a bit of a difference in Lanzarote but still heard of lot of played out oldies at both. Sands Beach in Lanzarote is lovely and have to say it gets around the problem with Tenerife in having to switch venues.

It's a holiday with people you've got something in common with. If anyone is thinking of going I would think the best thing to say is don't expect anything different musically and be prepared to hear some tunes night after night and you won't be disappointed!!!

Social source share

Totally agree Bazza. I went to Tenerife November 2006 and to Lanzarote in 2007. With regard to Tenerife, I too ended up in Manhatten's every night. Harley's was awful. Bar right in the middle so you couldn't see what was going on, the tiny dance floor (with bumpy tiles) right at the front of the place where everyone was walking in and then half way through the week the music Police closing the place early and having to move on to the Jungle Bar. Didn't like the Jungle Bar much which is why we ended up in Manhatten's. Did like the Fort on an afternoon though.

At both Tenerife and Lanzarote the afternoon sessions were better I thought as you heard something a bit different, especially in Lanzarote. Two rooms made a bit of a difference in Lanzarote but still heard of lot of played out oldies at both. Sands Beach in Lanzarote is lovely and have to say it gets around the problem with Tenerife in having to switch venues.

It's a holiday with people you've got something in common with. If anyone is thinking of going I would think the best thing to say is don't expect anything different musically and be prepared to hear some tunes night after night and you won't be disappointed!!!

On a lighter note,some friends of mine went to the one just gone in Tenerife,and they said they enjoyed it,only down side they said was in the Manhattans Bar, the video they were playing was of me strutting my stuff laugh.gif ...sorry Sez I :thumbup:

Bazza

Social source share

On a lighter note,some friends of mine went to the one just gone in Tenerife,and they said they enjoyed it,only down side they said was in the Manhattans Bar, the video they were playing was of me strutting my stuff :lol: ...sorry Sez I :lol:

Bazza

FAME AT LAST!!! :rolleyes:

I've been told several times I'm on there too, lol!!! As I was permanently pissed the whole week I'm afraid

everything is a blur, but apparently I behaved myself :D !!

Caz x

Social source share

Costa Teguise the wind blows like a fkin gale all year long, prepare to get sand even where the sun don't shine...don't say you were'nt warned! :thumbup:

Lenny

thanks for the its too late to back out now all deposits have been paid we;ll have to pack our anoraks :thumbup: .

Social source share

To be honest the cost difference of a winter holiday in Lanzarote 'without' the soul or 'with' the soul is next to nothing.

The Tenerife gig is from what I could see, a big charity collection event where non professional DJs played for free.

Nobody took it serious. Its safe, friendly, and better than being stuck in the cold. What more do you want?

From Duffy to Torme, the music had no boundry. Just a good laugh and a natter between 'old souls'

Enjoy Lanzarote for what it is, a chance to get some sun on your back, cheap booze, and (mainly) decent background music.

Ed

Social source share

To be honest the cost difference of a winter holiday in Lanzarote 'without' the soul or 'with' the soul is next to nothing.

The Tenerife gig is from what I could see, a big charity collection event where non professional DJs played for free.

Nobody took it serious. Its safe, friendly, and better than being stuck in the cold. What more do you want?

From Duffy to Torme, the music had no boundry. Just a good laugh and a natter between 'old souls'

Enjoy Lanzarote for what it is, a chance to get some sun on your back, cheap booze, and (mainly) decent background music.

Ed

CHEAP BOOZE!!! AS JIM ROYLE WOULD SAY "MY ARSE!!!" :lol:

Also get two or three rounds at once as the bar service left a lot to be desired!!!

Edited by jobbo
Social source share

CHEAP BOOZE!!! AS JIM ROYLE WOULD SAY "MY ARSE!!!" :thumbsup:

Also get two or three rounds at once as the bar service left a lot to be desired!!!

jobbo. are you going to stormin soul next fri ? im taking harry and di down so,ll have a chin wag then ok.???

Social source share

jobbo. are you going to stormin soul next fri ? im taking harry and di down so,ll have a chin wag then ok.???

Hiya, Yep will be there!!

Nearly as excited as Di and it's not even my birthday!!! :lol:

Must warn you though, I TALK A LOT!!!! :D

Carol :thumbsup:

Social source share

went to lanzarote last year and had a ball. Treated it like a winter holiday in the sun during the day and a soul nite out most nights. the fancy dress wednesday was one of the best days/nites we've had for years. Just go with the emphasis on enjoying it :rolleyes:

https://www.dailymotion.com/aom_red/video/x...ncy-dress_music

https://www.dailymotion.com/aom_red/video/x...picegirls_music

https://www.dailymotion.com/aom_red/video/x...conga0001_music

Edited by soulandy
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!