Soul Revolution 16/5/08

Guest Ste Brazil

Guest Ste Brazil

Hi,

Did anybody find a copy of the Odyssey LP in Steve Cato's room, i somehow managed to leave it behind after my set??

Ste.

• Replies 28
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi,

Did anybody find a copy of the Odyssey LP in Steve Cato's room, i somehow managed to leave it behind after my set??

Ste.

Hi Steve

Just back in the land of the living.. Will ask all the other djs.. Anything else left behind :thumbup: ..

Good to see you mate and thanks for coming down and playing for us..

Thanks also to Matt/ Adam/ Baz/Ady and my good friend Paul from over the water...

Good to see that Lisa and the other birthday parties had a nice time...

See you all back there in July... wink.gif

Guest Ste Brazil

Hi Steve

Just back in the land of the living.. Will ask all the other djs.. Anything else left behind biggrin.gif ..

Good to see you mate and thanks for coming down and playing for us..

Thanks also to Matt/ Adam/ Baz/Ady and my good friend Paul from over the water...

Good to see that Lisa and the other birthday parties had a nice time...

See you all back there in July... :D

Steve,

The club have got it, they are gonna post it back this week - i knew it would turn up one way or another...well, i hoped it would!

Ste. :huh:

Great night and great music. Thanks to Steve & Lydia for being so hospitable as always and introducing me to a really nice group of people. It's one of those clubs that you wish that you could be in 2 places at once because the Sounds were top notch in both rooms and for the most unpredictable which was really refreshing.

Cheers

Manus

It was a groovy ol' night and I enjoyed clearing the floor to Gilberto's Latin inst 'Pele'; halfway through I could see why! But then again Ray Charles 'Baby Don't You Cry' got 'em back. Thanks to Steve for having a liberal play policy in the boudoir.

I got to meet the club's owner thanks to James and he's a very knowledgable, nice geezer who's been at it there since 1992; it was one of the first comedy clubs. He's well into the Soul Rev crowd and thinks they are class, so that can only bode well for James' future promotions there. Keep at it chap.

Great night and great music. Thanks to Steve & Lydia for being so hospitable as always and introducing me to a really nice group of people. It's one of those clubs that you wish that you could be in 2 places at once because the Sounds were top notch in both rooms and for the most unpredictable which was really refreshing.

Cheers

Manus

Manus I think I told Lisa that you were in the Band Of Holy Joy and a rock legend, which I'm pretty sure is B******s but there was a link there I'm sure. A pleasure to see you, as ever.

Manus I think I told Lisa that you were in the Band Of Holy Joy and a rock legend, which I'm pretty sure is B******s but there was a link there I'm sure. A pleasure to see you, as ever.

Thanks for biggin me up Ady but sadly it's not true - I think we might have had this conversation before- It was Johnny Brown another of Sylvia's and Sue's friends and a very nice bloke from the coast who has that honour. Me I can't sing or play a note and I've never quite understood Rock music although I thought the Punk era had a lot of energy and I used to take a lot of Reggae tunes in those days down to Punk nights in the NE mostly to a good reception. Great seeing you Ady I must try and get up to the 100 club soon.

All the best

Manus

Guest Ste Brazil

Me and my mates had a great night, the only problem was which room to choose! I've wrote a little bit more in my blog. Thanks to James & Steve and all the Dj's for a great night.

This was my first time at the club and i really enjoyed it, i especially loved the little room, i love the fact that anything goes musically, and it isn't full of chin strokers(!), just people out for a good night, my head still hurts... wacko.gif

Ste.

Guest Matt Male

Thanks for inviting me down. We all had a great night. Andy was impressed at the amount of modern played and like most people couldn't decide which room to stay in, especially when Sam was on. Hang some brilliant chats with quite a few people and the friendliest crowd you could meet, especially in the SoN room.

Here's what i played:

9.40 -

King Coleman - Get On Board - Port

Neal Brown - If By Chance - Chart Sound

Denise Lasalle - Man Sized Job - Westbound

Pauline Chivers - Tough Stuff - O-Pex

Wally and the Knight - Hang On Little Mama - Trax

The Shells - Whiplash - Conlo

Ruby Lee - I'm Gonna Put A Watch On You - Poptone

Bobby Bland - Honey Child - Duke

Barbara Lynn - This Is The Thanks I Get - Atlantic

Joanne Touchstone - Walk Softly - Sound Stage 7

Ann Sexton - I Still Love You - Seventy Seven

1.05 -

Blood Hollins - Don't Give It Up - Strange Fruit

Blood Sweat and Tears - Tell Me That I'm Wrong - Columbia

Monday After - Merry Go Round - Buddah

Loleatta Holloway - Dreamin' - Old Mind

Mike Jemison - I Want Some Satisfaction - Geneva

Jesse Fisher - You're Not Loving A Beginner - Way Out

Janice Sadler - My Baby's Coming Home To Stay - De-Lite

Robert Taylor - Hot Lady - LuTall

Brainstorm - Lovin' Is Really My Game - Tabu

Tavares - My Ship - Capital

Jeffrey Osbourne - Don't You Get So Mad - A&M

The Duprees - Delicious - RCA

Denise Lasalle - The Right Track - Parka

Timothy Wilson - Got To Find A New Love - Buddah

Guest Ste Brazil

Thanks for inviting me down. We all had a great night. Andy was impressed at the amount of modern played and like most people couldn't decide which room to stay in, especially when Sam was on. Hang some brilliant chats with quite a few people and the friendliest crowd you could meet, especially in the SoN room.

Here's what i played:

9.40 -

King Coleman - Get On Board - Port

Neal Brown - If By Chance - Chart Sound

Denise Lasalle - Man Sized Job - Westbound

Pauline Chivers - Tough Stuff - O-Pex

Wally and the Knight - Hang On Little Mama - Trax

The Shells - Whiplash - Conlo

Ruby Lee - I'm Gonna Put A Watch On You - Poptone

Bobby Bland - Honey Child - Duke

Barbara Lynn - This Is The Thanks I Get - Atlantic

Joanne Touchstone - Walk Softly - Sound Stage 7

Ann Sexton - I Still Love You - Seventy Seven

1.05 -

I have vague memories of you requesting that i dont play this Matt?! :huh:

Ste.

Guest Matt Male

I have vague memories of you requesting that i dont play this Matt?! :lol:

Ste.

That's right Ste. Thanks for letting me play that one :rolleyes: You beat me to it with Little Beaver though. :lol:

Brilliant night all round and it was good to meet you.

Thanks for the feedback chaps..

It aint easy trying to get the balance with music and a mixed crowd, every night is different and i don't know what to expect, maybe thats whats gonna keep it fresh :lol: ..

Its means a lot to me with all the djs coming down from all over the uk, you will get your reward in heaven :rolleyes:

Band of Holy Joy Ady !!!!!! Firkin great band used to go & see them a lot (80's/90's), based in New Cross tho Johnny Brown was from Newcastle. Friends of Lesley from York (who's married to my mate Dave) They still play today tho with a different line up ...superb :huh:

Guest James Trouble

We had about 400 through the doors, maybe 450 over the course of the night, and had to close the doors briefly at one point. And although it was a little crowded at times, I think everyone seemed to enjoy themselves with the dance floor downstairs jumping from start to finish!

Thank you to all who continue to support the party and to all the new faces who made it along to their first Soul Revolution, as always it feels an honour to have such a fantastic group of people along for the ride! I've said it before, you're all as important to the event as the DJs, records, venue, promotion and sound system. Without you all there it wouldn't have the Soul Revolution atmosphere, friendliness, and 'up for it' attitude that allows us to take the party to the heart of London clubland. Thank you so much to all of you, too many to name!

I'd also add that Soul Sam was fantastic. One of the best sets I think I've heard him play. He blew the place away, pulling out all the stops.

Steve's room was as always a talking point and a hot bed of action, with an eclectic and interesting group of DJs providing the sound track to this very special room!

Mick H, as always top draw behind the decks and always on hand to put a smile on our faces.

And a special mention to Val, Kenny, Trickster and Jappy Jimmy Dynamite who all helped hold it together.

For me personally, it was the first Soul Revolution I've truely enjoyed from start to finish for well over 2 years. Probably because there were not as many disasters behind the scenes as usual in the run up to it!

I should have some photos to post up in the next few days...

Well done, and thanks again!

See you all in July... :huh:

Edited by James Trouble

We had about 400 through the doors, maybe 450 over the course of the night, and had to close the doors briefly at one point. And although it was a little crowded at times, I think everyone seemed to enjoy themselves with the dance floor downstairs jumping from start to finish!

Thank you to all who continue to support the party and to all the new faces who made it along to their first Soul Revolution, as always it feels an honour to have such a fantastic group of people along for the ride! I've said it before, you're all as important to the event as the DJs, records, venue, promotion and sound system. Without you all there it wouldn't have the Soul Revolution atmosphere, friendliness, and 'up for it' attitude that allows us to take the party to the heart of London clubland. Thank you so much to all of you, too many to name!

I'd also add that Soul Sam was fantastic. One of the best sets I think I've heard him play. He blew the place away, pulling out all the stops.

Steve's room was as always a talking point and a hot bed of action, with an eclectic and interesting group of DJs providing the sound track to this very special room!

Mick H, as always top draw behind the decks and always on hand to put a smile on our faces.

And a special mention to Val, Kenny, Trickster and Jappy Jimmy Dynamite who all helped hold it together.

For me personally, it was the first Soul Revolution I've truely enjoyed from start to finish for well over 2 years. Probably because there were not as many disasters behind the scenes as usual in the run up to it!

I should have some photos to post up in the next few days...

Well done, and thanks again!

See you all in July... :ohmy:

On first reading i thought you said, Mick H with hand to put a smile on your face :shades::wave: .. Notts boys do it best :ohmy: ..

My turn in July Mick..

Guest Bearsy

what a brilliant night i had and one of the best soul rooms ive been in in my limited soul career and thats Steves SoN room, quality tunes all night being appreciated by some great mates and new ones too, Steve Brazil, Matt Male, Baz and cant remeber the others djs but a big thumbs up to you all it was musical heaven :thumbsup: oh and a big thanks to Steve Lydia and James for the birthday bubbly :thumbsup: top people and great friends to boot :D

downstairs the floor was busy everytime i went down and some great tunage there too with JT and SS on top form and i havent danced so much for a long long time :lol:

if you aint been here before and love your soul music then make sure you make a visit it was awsome and some, until next time :D

Bearsy

Guest Ste Brazil

what a brilliant night i had and one of the best soul rooms ive been in in my limited soul career and thats Steves SoN room, quality tunes all night being appreciated by some great mates and new ones too, Steve Brazil, Matt Male, Baz and cant remeber the others djs but a big thumbs up to you all it was musical heaven :D oh and a big thanks to Steve Lydia and James for the birthday bubbly :D top people and great friends to boot :D

downstairs the floor was busy everytime i went down and some great tunage there too with JT and SS on top form and i havent danced so much for a long long time :D

if you aint been here before and love your soul music then make sure you make a visit it was awsome and some, until next time :D

Bearsy

Yeah top night Bearsy, nice to meet you and it was good of you to stand and listen to me probably talking complete babble at 100 words per minute! (wonder why that happens at every soul do i go to..? :D )

See you soon hopefully.

Ste.

Bit of a late reply, bit like my turning up on time :unsure:

A proper good do, the atmosphere was electric.

Appologys to Matt and Steve for messing up the times early on! can't belive it took so long to get down to the smoke.

I've not even opened my box up yet so havent a clue what i played, will have a look over the weekend and see if i can bash a playlist together

Upstairs as always was fantastic. went downstairs for Jame's and Micks spots two boss DJ's that can turn up the heat on the dancefloor.

Guest Matt Male

Bit of a late reply, bit like my turning up on time :rolleyes:

Appologys to Matt and Steve for messing up the times early on! can't belive it took so long to get down to the smoke.

I've not even opened my box up yet so havent a clue what i played, will have a look over the weekend and see if i can bash a playlist together

Upstairs as always was fantastic. went downstairs for Jame's and Micks spots two boss DJ's that can turn up the heat on the dancefloor.

Was good to see you again Baz. No apologies necessary for me. I was admiring your red sleeves, i might splash out on some. :lol:

Bit of a late reply, bit like my turning up on time :shades:

Only Ronnie the Goat boy could talk about box open and bashing in the same review :huh::huh:

Good to see you ae ever mate.. I she sober yet????? :wicked:

take care