Soulvation At The Connaught Hotel Wolverhampton

Guest Albert Wiggins

Guest Albert Wiggins

WOLVERHAMPTON SEEMS TO BE 'THE PLACE TO BE' AT THE MOMENT, ESPECIALLY FOR UPFRONT MODERN SOUL, & NOT BEFORE TIME, I MUST ADD.

WITH THE OAKLEY COUNTRY CLUB, SOUL UNDERGROUND & NOW THE NEW 2 ROOM EVENT AT THE CONNAUGHT HOTEL ON THE TETTENHALL ROAD, JUST OUTSIDE THE CITY CENTRE.

FRIDAY, MAY 30th IS THE BIG 1ST NIGHT CELEBRATION, WITH NORTHERN UPSTAIRS & MODERN, JAZZ FUNK & SOULFUL HOUSE/GARAGE KICKIN' IT UP IN THE ATMOSPHERIC CELLAR BAR (MY FAVORITE CELLAR ROOM EVER).

D.J.'S PROVIDING THE SOUNDS DOWNSTAIRS WILL BE JOHN FISHER, HARPO, DAVID HULMES, GRAHAM WARR AND OF COURSE SU SU RECORDS' NEIL RUSHTON. THIS PROMISES TO BE A CRACKIN' NIGHT& FULL DETAILS CAN BE OBTAINED BY VISITING THE EXCELLENT SOULVATION WEBSITE AT www.soulvation.biz

HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL THERE...David :rolleyes:

• Replies 52
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

WOLVERHAMPTON SEEMS TO BE 'THE PLACE TO BE' AT THE MOMENT, ESPECIALLY FOR UPFRONT MODERN SOUL, & NOT BEFORE TIME, I MUST ADD.

WITH THE OAKLEY COUNTRY CLUB, SOUL UNDERGROUND & NOW THE NEW 2 ROOM EVENT AT THE CONNAUGHT HOTEL ON THE TETTENHALL ROAD, JUST OUTSIDE THE CITY CENTRE.

FRIDAY, MAY 30th IS THE BIG 1ST NIGHT CELEBRATION, WITH NORTHERN UPSTAIRS & MODERN, JAZZ FUNK & SOULFUL HOUSE/GARAGE KICKIN' IT UP IN THE ATMOSPHERIC CELLAR BAR (MY FAVORITE CELLAR ROOM EVER).

D.J.'S PROVIDING THE SOUNDS DOWNSTAIRS WILL BE JOHN FISHER, HARPO, DAVID HULMES, GRAHAM WARR AND OF COURSE SU SU RECORDS' NEIL RUSHTON. THIS PROMISES TO BE A CRACKIN' NIGHT& FULL DETAILS CAN BE OBTAINED BY VISITING THE EXCELLENT SOULVATION WEBSITE AT www.soulvation.biz

HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL THERE...David :rolleyes:

the "connaught hotel" w'ton

hi dave, couldn't agree more! a proper two roomer with of course a modern & cross-over room to suplement the main room!! just what w'ton needed!!

so looking forward to the launch party for "soulvation"w'ton

the dj line-ups for both rooms are just great!! good to welcome the one & only "mick h" along with smooth fm's mr smooth "mike hollis" joining resident dj's "hitsville chalky" & "neil rushton" along with myself as the nights special guest!

moving on to room 2, great to see my old "cats" mate "graham warr" back in town with a special jazz funk set!! "dave hulmes" & the electric "harpo" along with "mr "john fisher" who will see you when he gets there!!

you asked for it!! now come & support it!! "soulvation" giving you what you

asked for!!!!! fri may 30th 8pm til 1-30am adm £6

Edited by max.millward

hi dave, couldn't agree more! a proper two roomer with of course a modern & cross-over room to suplement the main room!! just what w'ton needed!!

the dj line-ups for both rooms are just great!! good to welcome the one & only "mick h" along with smooth fm's mr smooth "mike hollis" joining resident dj's "hitsville chalky" & "neil rushton" along with myself as the nights special guest!

moving on to room 2, great to see my old "cats" mate "graham warr" back in town with a special jazz funk set!! "dave hulmes" & the electric "harpo" along with "mr "john fisher" who will see you when he gets there!!

A FEW POSTS FOR THE CONNAUGHT!! LET'S STICK WITH THIS ONE!

Edited by max.millward

Yeah Max!! Stick with this thread!! :thumbsup: I was starting to get slightly confused!! wacko.gif:lol: Looking foward to celebrating with ya Max!! :thumbsup:

JB xxxKTFxxx

YES SO PLEASED YOU'RE COMING! LIKE I SAID IT JUST WOULDN'T BE THE SAME WITHOUT YOU, MART & TOM! NOW DOWN TO BUSINESS!!

"SOULVATION" W'TON

MASSIVE LAUNCH SOUL PARTY @ THE "CONNAUGHT HOTEL" W'TON

ON FRIDAY MAY 30TH 8PM TIL 1-30AM BAR TIL 1AM ADM £6

IN THE MAIN BALLROOM!! THE BEST OF NORTHERN & RARE SOUL WITH

MR SMOOTH FM "MIKE HOLLIS" THE ONE & ONLY "MICK H" "NEIL RUSHTON" "HITSVILLE CHALKY" PLUS SPECIAL GUEST "BLUE MAX" RECEIVES AN AWARD FOR SERVICE TO THE MIDLANDS SOUL SCENE!!

IN THE CELLAR BAR!! BLAZING SOUL/MODERN/DISCO/SOULFUL HOUSE WITH "GRAHAM WARR" PLAYING JAZZ-FUNK IN W'TON FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE 1979! "JOHN FISHER" "DAVID HULMES" "HARPO" & "NEIL RUSHTON"

INFO ON 07939-613562 OR WWW.SOULVATION.BIZ

Is this the thread were stickin' to or shall i start another??

Yes i have to agree with David its great to see wolverhampton back on the map again with the contemporary soul scene.

As i'm sure you are all aware in 79 to 81 at the very emergence of the "modern" soul scene we were very influential, with the Laffayette on Tuesday seeing the first plays of classics such as...Love Committee "Just call my name" c/u really Will Collins....Charles Johnson.....Ellusion....Flame n King....etc....etc...

Many of the early modern classics came from Pep's shop, and along with the likes of Richard and Kev Edwards in the n. west and Arthur in the n east we were right at the forefront of the modern scene, with Soul Sam as our vanguard.

So , yes its great to see The Connaught, The Oakley and now Soul Underground coming back to the town, and at our old meeting place and top venue the Victoria Hotel (now the Brittania) in the old Cavendish suite

Things kick off again this week on Sat at the Oakley with Sandi and i as guests in the modern room, and the big launch of the Connaught follows on Friday 30th.....we couldn't get to the first Soul U'ground as we were dj'ing at Maxims in Wigan, so keep your eyes peeled for a date.

See y'all soon........Harpo

Yes,Lafayette on Tuesday's was always great for new stuff, same playlist as the Ritz all-dayer, and it was played alongside the Northern which sometimes worked and sometimes didn't!

Clive Jones used to bring the most incredible box of rare Northern to play and hated the new stuff. Magic days.

One of the biggest Northern records was "Keeps On Burning" - Burning Bush. It sounded great then but not so great now.And I think there was a 2 weeks spell where for some bizarre reason Tim Tam & the Turn Ons was huge. Oh the shame of it!

We had at least one All-dayer at The Lafayette on a Bank Holiday Monday.

Neil l

www.soulvation.com

MIDDLETON COMES TO WOLVERHAMPTON.

WE WILL BE FOLLOWING UP THE MAY 30 LAUNCH PARTY WITH A 2ND BRILLIANT 2-ROOM NIGHT AT THE CONNAUGHT ON FRIDAY JULY 25.

GUEST DJ'S IN THE UPSTAIRS BALLROOM - FROM MIDDLETON ALL-NIGHTER - SOUL SAM, NEIL JONES, ANDY McCABE

SOUL SAM WILL ALSO BE DOING A SET IN THE DONWSTAIRS CELLAR BAR.

FULL DJ LINE UP TBA

MIDDLETON COMES TO WOLVERHAMPTON.

WE WILL BE FOLLOWING UP THE MAY 30 LAUNCH PARTY WITH A 2ND BRILLIANT 2-ROOM NIGHT AT THE CONNAUGHT ON FRIDAY JULY 25.

GUEST DJ'S IN THE UPSTAIRS BALLROOM - FROM MIDDLETON ALL-NIGHTER - SOUL SAM, NEIL JONES, ANDY McCABE

SOUL SAM WILL ALSO BE DOING A SET IN THE DONWSTAIRS CELLAR BAR.

FULL DJ LINE UP TBA

wow!! what a follow up night!! buzzin already!! don't forget the massive launch night on friday may 30th 8pm til 1-30am

Yes Neil i remember the all-dayer at the Laffayette, there was some confusion about the start time, i remember there being a bit of paper pinned on the door saying it had been delayed until about 5pm if i remember correctly

Before you had it with the Heart of England do's i used to go on a monday to the teen-scene nights with the one and only Blue Max, and then in later years when Pep had it i starteds DJ'ing there

Great times and as you can see the three biggest influences on my musical taste and appreciation all ran nights there, thanks to the Laff. i got a grounding in class records

My old mate Kev Doughty (not seen him for 30 years) arranged a coach for us to go to Neil's first International Soul Festival all-dayer with Brass Connstruction live at the Mecca...., as say good times!!!

Edited by harpo1
Guest sandi

l loved the Laff,many a great mid week nite spent there.

Cavendish was outstanding, most crossover/newies l heard played there 1st, nice to see the Cavendish is back on the map.

looking forward to the Connaught with the 2 rooms being on, will be great to see my paulie (Harpo) back behind the decks getting the recognition he truely deserves.

Good luck to Neil & Ang (Soulvation) on their Connaught debut.

Sandi

Guest Phil Richards

HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL THERE...David :lol:

Have you sorted the bar prices out as this was the problem when i was running this venue ?

Cavendish one of the most under rated venues ever - the music was unbelievable. Remember "Keep The Fire Burning" - Gwen McCrae being a brand new import and getting plays and a brilliant response immediately, fitting in with Jimmy Delphs, Willie Tee. amd so on. Doug Parkinson and Greg Perry were absolute anthems there.

Only bad memory I have was me selling a copy of The Professionals for £55 on one of the last nights, but that's another story.

Does anyone remember the late Jimmy Fisher, aka Jimmy The Con, who did the security? Top top man. The NME headline for when he was doing the security for The "secret" Sex Pistols gigs at the Lafayette on a Friday before Wolves played Man U the next day was --MOROSE SKINHEAD 55 THE REST NIL.

His stories of the Dexy's Midnight Runners Tours would leave everyone in stiches.

Neil .

Too right Neil,

Yes "the con" was some character with his "little" brother Carl (all 6'6" and 20 stone of him) i remember you introducing us to him the first night we ran the Cavendish along with Mick n Chris, then the night he couldn't do it and sent along mate Bish' the leader of the W'ton Hells Angels.

I remember sitting in the Vic. prior to getting the train to "the oldies" when all those skinheads from B'ham arrived for that S.P.O.T. gig at the Laff. and all the lads out of the town running them down Lichfield street, was glad to be out of Wolvo that night i'll tell you.

As for the Cavendish, yes its gotta be said as well as all those massive 60's things and the class oldies we did play some wonderful modern stuff, i personally picked up on a few items that had never quite got the plays they deserved a couple of years earler, that due to my reactivation went on to become massive sounds on the modern scene, namley Prince Phillip Mitchell, Alfie Davidson Charles Johnson and Lew Kirton....as well as us having the likes of Doug Parkinson first....yeah! we could all go a bit in those days.

As for memories of the Laff. in the Heart of England days i remember Clive playing "Your wish is my Command" as "the biggest sound in Yorkshire", it was the biggest in wolves that day as well!! Not to mention yourself, with Eddie Hubbard Chris Plant and Stevie Porter amongst the other guest spinners hammering out great tunes all night.

I was talking to David the other night and we are both looking forward to playing at what is to us a home fixture, i think we'll be all out to really turn on the style

All the best Harpo

Edited by harpo1
Guest Albert Wiggins

Too right Neil,

Yes "the con" was some character with his "little" brother Carl (all 6'6" and 20 stone of him) i remember you introducing us to him the first night we ran the Cavendish along with Mick n Chris, then the night he couldn't do it and sent along mate Bish' the leader of the W'ton Hells Angels.

I remember sitting in the Vic. prior to getting the train to "the oldies" when all those skinheads from B'ham arrived for that S.P.O.T. gig at the Laff. and all the lads out of the town running them down Lichfield street, was glad to be out of Wolvo that night i'll tell you.

As for the Cavendish, yes its gotta be said as well as all those massive 60's things and the class oldies we did play some wonderful modern stuff, i personally picked up on a few items that had never quite got the plays they deserved a couple of years earler, that due to my reactivation went on to become massive sounds on the modern scene, namley Prince Phillip Mitchell, Alfie Davidson Charles Johnson and Lew Kirton....as well as us having the likes of Doug Parkinson first....yeah! we could all go a bit in those days.

As for memories of the Laff. in the Heart of England days i remember Clive playing "Your wish is my Command" as "the biggest sound in Yorkshire", it was the biggest in wolves that day as well!! Not to mention yourself, with Eddie Hubbard Chris Plant and Stevie Porter amongst the other guest spinners hammering out great tunes all night.

I was talking to David the other night and we are both looking forward to playing at what is to us a home fixture, i think we'll be all out to really turn on the style

All the best Harpo

Oh yes Paul, remember Mark n I's 40th all day party there,we had to hire the sound system & Mark raffled a clock off to pay for it...David :ohmy:

Too right Neil,

All the best Harpo

Yes, it was sad when Jimmy died. I once co-promoted a gig at Walsall Town Hall with The Damned on and as there were rumours of trouble Jimmy said he would bring some Hells Angels mates along "just in case". Cue me speechless when he turned up with what must have been the whole chapter. I'm in shock and saying to Jimmy how much are these guys expecting to be paid? He just gave me his enigmatic "it will be alright" smile. Some of the tickets for the show had been stolen from a record shop and I said I would not let in anyone who had the stolen tickets.Before the doors opened a Police Superintendent turns up and says oh yes you will let them in.I realised my slim chances of winning the discussion were gone when he looked past me to see Jimmy telling the Hells Angels what they were doing for the night. The cop's face was a picture - he wanted to pull the gig there and then.... but let us carry on.Typical Jimmy.

Neil

Have you sorted the bar prices out as this was the problem when i was running this venue ?

Phil,

We've been promised all-round cheaper prices once the night gets going.

In the meantime for the first one there will be cheaper prices for House Wine and Cobra Lager on tap.

We are very lucky that at Lea Hall, Rugeley we have a cheap cheap bar and it would be good to have the same situation at The Connaught, but one is a Social Club in a small town run by a commtte in the interest of the members, and one is a City Centre Hotel with a different agenda...but we have been assured once the Connaught management know we are getting the numbers in they will sort something as they know it is in their interests...the problem is that to do a general cheaper bar they would have to do a stock take before and after the event, and it is not worth their while unless they know we are attracting a crowd.

Neil

www.soulvation.biz,

Guest Phil Richards

Phil,

We've been promised all-round cheaper prices once the night gets going.

In the meantime for the first one there will be cheaper prices for House Wine and Cobra Lager on tap.

We are very lucky that at Lea Hall, Rugeley we have a cheap cheap bar and it would be good to have the same situation at The Connaught, but one is a Social Club in a small town run by a commtte in the interest of the members, and one is a City Centre Hotel with a different agenda...but we have been assured once the Connaught management know we are getting the numbers in they will sort something as they know it is in their interests...the problem is that to do a general cheaper bar they would have to do a stock take before and after the event, and it is not worth their while unless they know we are attracting a crowd.

Neil

www.soulvation.biz,

The cobra beer sounds good to me see you there :thumbsup:

just a week to go before the launch party for this massive new night!!

Less than a week to go, had some nice bits through the door this week courtesey of e:bay

I'm looking to be playing a few new bits but mainly dance "anthems" from the last few years, to get the dance floor packed

However i do plan to bring everything with me, so i'll have the 80's stuff, modern soul and even some jazz n funk to complement whatever the other guys play, and whatever you the punters want.

See y'all Friday.....Harpo

Less than a week to go, had some nice bits through the door this week courtesey of e:bay

I'm looking to be playing a few new bits but mainly dance "anthems" from the last few years, to get the dance floor packed

However i do plan to bring everything with me, so i'll have the 80's stuff, modern soul and even some jazz n funk to complement whatever the other guys play, and whatever you the punters want.

See y'all Friday.....Harpo

"OH NO ITS THAT MODERN KRAP"

LIKEWISE , EXPECT A MIXED BAG FROM ME, INCLUDING SOME 'CD' ONLY STUFF, LETS "SEE WHAT THE FLOOR'S UP FOR ON THE NIGHT"

LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS ONE

SEE YOU WEHN I GET THERE!

JOHN FISHER

Looking good for Friday..there was a very positive response at the Oakley......from punters in both rooms

We will be spreading the word to the Marrs bar crowd tonight too

Mr Wiggins and i are both looking forward to the night with relish, aplom and drooly mouthed itchy palmishness , and seeing John is also it could be soul heaven on the cards...in the cellar

Me and Mart are looking forward to celebrating Max.s special award night with him :lol:

JB & Kerby xxxKTFxxx

YES IT WILL BE SO GOOD TO HAVE THE CONNAUGHT ON AGAIN!!!

THIS FRIDAY MAY 30TH IS THE MONSTER RELAUNCH NIGHT!! WITH TWO ROOMS OF TOP QUALITY MUSIC!! LOADS OF GUEST DJ'S COMING TO TOWN TO MAKE IT A NIGHT NOT TO MISS!!

With just a few days to go before the relaunch of The Connaught, I thought it would be good to remind everyone of the Soul pedigree of the place. Info has come from Steve Powell who is busy writing a book about the history of Soul/Northern Soul in the West Midlands. Everyone will remember the Midland Soul Club events run by Pep but well before that the Connaught was pushing Soul, and was even involved in the music way back ih the 60's.

R'n' B bands featured from 1967 and John Mayall's Blluesbreakers and the Alan Bown Set were two of the most popular, along with local favourites The N'Betweens who morphed into Ambrose Slade and then Slade.Jimmy Powell & The Dimensions made regular apperances too.

Barmy Barry was one of the first DJ's to get regularly booked and although famous as a showman and playing music across the board, he played a lot of Soul. In 1967 a guy named Tin Ribs Earl (!) who was renowned as having one of the best R''n'B collections in the area dj'd at the Connaught to satisfy the demand for Soul.

And on Friday August 30, 1968, Farmer Carl aka Carl Dene was booked to play Soul 45's in between the live groups and was such a success he got booked for the Saturday's and Sunday's in September. Carl went on to be a legendary Rhythm'nSoul pioneer at The Catacombs in Wolverhampton, the Chateau Impney Sunday afternoon sessions in Driotwich and The George Hotel in Walsall.

Live acts in 1969 included Wynder K. Frogg and home grown West Midlands Soul band Dictionary Of Soul who no less than Wilson Pickett had acclaimed as one of the best backing groups he had ever worked with.

Other DJ's at the time included Mark Anthony and DJ Gibbs, they went on to be the first DJ's on Wednesday nights at The Catacombs.

And going into the 70's - and very apt for this Friday - one of the most popular DJ's at The Connaught was a certain Blue Max!

Many thanks to Steve Powell for the info, his book is going to be a cracker.

Neil

www.soulvation.biz

With just a few days to go before the relaunch of The Connaught, I thought it would be good to remind everyone of the Soul pedigree of the place. Info has come from Steve Powell who is busy writing a book about the history of Soul/Northern Soul in the West Midlands. Everyone will remember the Midland Soul Club events run by Pep but well before that the Connaught was pushing Soul, and was even involved in the music way back ih the 60's.

R'n' B bands featured from 1967 and John Mayall's Blluesbreakers and the Alan Bown Set were two of the most popular, along with local favourites The N'Betweens who morphed into Ambrose Slade and then Slade.Jimmy Powell & The Dimensions made regular apperances too.

Barmy Barry was one of the first DJ's to get regularly booked and although famous as a showman and playing music across the board, he played a lot of Soul. In 1967 a guy named Tin Ribs Earl (!) who was renowned as having one of the best R''n'B collections in the area dj'd at the Connaught to satisfy the demand for Soul.

And on Friday August 30, 1968, Farmer Carl aka Carl Dene was booked to play Soul 45's in between the live groups and was such a success he got booked for the Saturday's and Sunday's in September. Carl went on to be a legendary Rhythm'nSoul pioneer at The Catacombs in Wolverhampton, the Chateau Impney Sunday afternoon sessions in Driotwich and The George Hotel in Walsall.

Live acts in 1969 included Wynder K. Frogg and home grown West Midlands Soul band Dictionary Of Soul who no less than Wilson Pickett had acclaimed as one of the best backing groups he had ever worked with.

Other DJ's at the time included Mark Anthony and DJ Gibbs, they went on to be the first DJ's on Wednesday nights at The Catacombs.

And going into the 70's - and very apt for this Friday - one of the most popular DJ's at The Connaught was a certain Blue Max!

Many thanks to Steve Powell for the info, his book is going to be a cracker.

Neil

www.soulvation.biz

SOLD!! I'LL BE BUYING A COPY OF THE BOOK! LOOKS LIKE IT'S GONNA BE A REALLY INTERESTING READ! I'LL HAVE A WORD WITH OUR MR POWELL ABOUT SOME OF THE ACTS THAT I SAW AT THE CONNAUGHT!! CAN'T QUITE REMEMBER WHEN I STARTED DJ'ING THERE 69' OR 70' PERHAPS STEVE CAN TELL ME! HE CERTAINLY HAS BEEN DIGGIN' DEEP!

SO THE HISTORY CONTINUES THIS FRIDAY WITH THE COMING OF "SOULVATION" BRINGING A NEW TWO ROOM CONCEPT TO THE CONNAUGHT!

A HOST OF HAND PICKED DJ'S WILL BE THERE FOR THE MASSIVE LAUNCH NIGHT!! WHICH WILL BRING TOGETHER IN ONE NIGHT ABSOLUTELY SOMETHING FOR EVERYBODY! DJ'S FOR THIS OPENING NIGHT ARE RESIDENTS "NEIL RUSHTON" "HITSVILLE CHALKY" PLUS SPECIAL GUESTS "GRAHAM WARR" EX "CATS" & TOP JAZZ FUNK SPINNER! SMOOTH RADIO'S ONE & ONLY MR SMOOTH "MIKE HOLLIS" TOP SOUL MAN "MICK H" &"BLUE MAX"(STILL LEARNING! MIGHT GET TO LIKE IT SOON) ROOM TWO STARS INCLUDE"JOHN FISHER" (WHO WILL SEE YOU WHEN YOU GET THERE) "DAVID HULMES" & EVERYBODY'S MATE "HARPO"

LOCAL FEEDBACK TELLS ME TO THINK THAT THIS WILL BE ONE OF THOSE NIGHTS THAT YOU JUST CAN'T MISS!!

THE CONNAUGHT HOTEL THIS FRIDAY MAY 30TH!!!!!!!!!

8PM TIL 1-30AM LATE BAR TIL 1AM ADMISSION £6 OTD

SEE WEBSITE WWW.SOULVATION.BIZ FOR ALL FORTHCOMING "SOULVATION" NIGHTS

HI MR FISHER!

I THINK WE ALL KNOW THAT YOU ALWAYS PLAY A QUALITY SET!!

LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU WHEN YOU GET THERE!!

ALL THE BEST MATE!!

THINK IT'S GONNA BE A BIT OF A BIG NITE OUT!!!!

MAX

THE CONNAUGHT HOTEL THIS FRI 8PM TIL 1-30AM BAR TIL 1AM

FOR THE LAUNCH OF "SOULVATION" (W'TON)

Guest gouldensoul

HI MR FISHER!

I THINK WE ALL KNOW THAT YOU ALWAYS PLAY A QUALITY SET!!

LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU WHEN YOU GET THERE!!

ALL THE BEST MATE!!

THINK IT'S GONNA BE A BIT OF A BIG NITE OUT!!!!

MAX

THE CONNAUGHT HOTEL THIS FRI 8PM TIL 1-30AM BAR TIL 1AM

FOR THE LAUNCH OF "SOULVATION" (W'TON)

hi all

looks like its going to be a good night.

sorry we cant get.

have a great evening and well see you all soon.

well see you when were back there :Dthumbsup.gifthumbup.gifwhistling.gif

DJ TIMES FOR TOMORROW.

UPSTAIRS

8PM TILL 10PM - NEIL RUSHTON/HITSVILLE CHALKY

10PM - MICK H

11PM - MIKE HOLLIS

12PM - BLUE MAX

1AM - NEIL RUSHTON/HITSVILLE CHALKY

1.30AM -END

PRESENTATION OF AWARD TO BLUE MAX AT 11PM

DOWNSTAIRS

8PM - HARPO

9PM - JOHN FISHER

10PM - DAVID HULMES

11PM - GRAHAM WARR

12PM - NEIL RUSHTON

12.45AM - HARPO

1.30 AM - END

Two to look out for in the Cellar Bar

BUS STOP (BANGERS'N'MASH REMIX) - FAT BACK BAND VS JANET JACKSON (UNRELEASED)

YOU'VE GOT THE LOVE I NEED - AL GREEN FEATURING ANTHONY HAMILTON (BLUE NOTE)

TAKEN FROM THE NEW AL GREEN "LAY IT DOWN" ALBUM, WHAT A COMEBACK

Neil

www.soulvation.biz

What a superb tune ! + one from me NEO - SMILE :thumbsup:

HERE THEM WHEN YOU GET THERE!

John Fisher

DJ TIMES FOR TOMORROW.

UPSTAIRS

8PM TILL 10PM - NEIL RUSHTON/HITSVILLE CHALKY

10PM - MICK H

11PM - MIKE HOLLIS

12PM - BLUE MAX

1AM - NEIL RUSHTON/HITSVILLE CHALKY

1.30AM -END

PRESENTATION OF AWARD TO BLUE MAX AT 11PM

DOWNSTAIRS

8PM - HARPO

9PM - JOHN FISHER

10PM - DAVID HULMES

11PM - GRAHAM WARR

12PM - NEIL RUSHTON

12.45AM - HARPO

1.30 AM - END

tomorrow is a big! big! night for w'ton!! with the massive launch party for

"soulvation"w'ton @ the "connaught hotel tettenhall rd

this night see's the return of northern soul!! plus a super modern room!! to this top class venue!! yes! the main ballroom & the cellar bar will be open to cover all genres of soul!!

a wonderful array of dj's has been assembled to satisfy all tastes!!

most definately a night of quality & one not to miss!!

max...

great news Shute, donm't leave before 10 as we can't get there til then :thumbup:

Wulfie and Annie

Planning on staying a bit longer than 10 Wulfie, went to see my consultant yesterday and I've made a remarkable recovery according to him, said that I should apply for my driving licience back from the DVLA, would mean loads of forms to be filled in again and posted off - cant wait.

Planning on staying a bit longer than 10 Wulfie, went to see my consultant yesterday and I've made a remarkable recovery according to him, said that I should apply for my driving licience back from the DVLA, would mean loads of forms to be filled in again and posted off - cant wait.

Thats fantastic news Shute :ohmy: can,t wait till i see ya tonight, so i can give you a kiss and a cuddle :thumbup:

JB xxxKTFxxx