• Replies 42
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

This is what Ive been waiting for

The real deal Scottish showcase

What a night this is going to be and Message for Mr Ali -Pick your liver up where you left it mate :thumbsup::ohmy:

Got this tune in my head-

Florida Spiritualires - I remember when - I used to go to gennas! :):):D:D:D:D:lol:

If you dont know this track its on John Manships auction

Dont know if Tubbs and Ridz will be speaking to each other on the 30th - depends on what happens this week between the Dons (Ridz) and the Gers (Tubbs)

"Hail hail the Romans are here" Na Na Na Na Na na -alternative version of the The Celts :D

Got this tune in my head-

Florida Spiritualires - I remember when

Ernie

Get yourself along early and i'll play the Florida Spiritualires for you :shades:

Music policy for the djs is be adventurous and play the stuff you really want to play but don't get a chance to play elsewhere :ohmy:

soulmac

Guest 45s and 33s

Music policy for the djs is be adventurous and play the stuff you really want to play but don't get a chance to play elsewhere :ohmy:

Where did I put my copy of Cochise?? :shades:

Seriously, this is gonna be one busy night with fantastic sounds. If you have never been to a Scottish soul night then why not come along to the City Function Suite in Dundee and get a taste of what you can hear at FIVE different soul clubs all in one smart venue with cracking sound system. There is plenty accommodation close by, the venue is central and the beer is good.

Ali

Guest dundeedavie

Where did I put my copy of Cochise?? :thumbsup:

Seriously, this is gonna be one busy night with fantastic sounds. If you have never been to a Scottish soul night then why not come along to the City Function Suite in Dundee and get a taste of what you can hear at FIVE different soul clubs all in one smart venue with cracking sound system. There is plenty accommodation close by, the venue is central and the beer is good.

Ali

see y'all down there

Ernie

Get yourself along early and i'll play the Florida Spiritualires for you :thumbup:

Music policy for the djs is be adventurous and play the stuff you really want to play but don't get a chance to play elsewhere :shades:

soulmac

Cheers John Ive played this out 2 or 3 times in the last couple of years. But you need to pitch it up to +4 and it sounds superb!

How much did yours cost? you can pm me with that one

" I remember Gennas When we used to dance" When we used to dance ! to the tune of the Florida Spiritualires

Cant wait mate- Going to have a panel with cards to rate the Different DJs 5.6 5.8 4.3 :thumbup:

Cheers John Ive played this out 2 or 3 times in the last couple of years. But you need to pitch it up to +4 and it sounds superb!

Sorry Steve

I don't pitch any tunes up or down, that's cheating :(

And to answer your question, I think it was about £30 a couple of years back :lol:

soulmac.

Guest dundeedavie

Davie

Looking forward to seeing the best dressed man in town cool.gif

soulmac.

shit i was gonna wear jeans and t-shirt :lol:

" I remember Gennas When we used to dance" When we used to dance ! to the tune of the Florida Spiritualires

Cant wait mate- Going to have a panel with cards to rate the Different DJs 5.6 5.8 4.3 :lol:

https://soulboyspromo.com/forum/index.php?topic=1838.0

Really looking forward to this, have put up link re: transport from the Edinburgh area if anyone is interested.

Steve can I be on the Panel please........ :(:(

Edited by philly

Dundee Northern Soul Club

Soul In The City

City Function Suite

24 Seagate

Friday 30th May

8pm till 3am

Admission £4

Scottish Soul Showcase

Featuring

8:00 - 9:00 Residents

9:00 - 10:10 Spiders Web (Edinburgh) - George Wallace & Shug Robertson

10:10 - 11:20 Real Deal Soul Club (Aberdeen) - Steve Riddell & Tubbs

11:20 - 12:30 Hibs Club (Edinburgh) - Jim Sim & Paul Clark

12:30 - 1:40 Bonnyrigg Soul Club - Mark Brown & Brian Scott

1:40 - 3:00 Dundee - Residents

[/quote/]

This is going to be a f**king brillant night unfortunately cant make it :lol::wicked::lol: im away until august with work so pissed off, been honestly dreading seeing the post go up on events thread major downer knowing i cant be there :D hope you all have a fantastic night :thumbsup: wish i was there looking forward to seeing the playlists should be interesting

Soulfully Kieran

This is going to be a f**king brillant night unfortunately cant make it :D:yes::yes: im away until august with work so pissed off, been honestly dreading seeing the post go up on events thread major downer knowing i cant be there :huh: hope you all have a fantastic night :D wish i was there looking forward to seeing the playlists should be interesting

Soulfully Kieran

Kieran

Thanks for the :yes: mate, see you in August.

soulmac.

THIS SHALL BE A GREAT NIGHT IN DUNDEE.

SOUL FROM AROUND SCOTLAND.

THE SCOTTISH CLUBS WILL BE TRYING TO OUT DO EACH OTHER.

SO THE MUSIC WILL HAVE THAT COMPETITIVE EDGE TO IT & BRING OUT THE BEST TUNES.

WILL BE HARD TO BEAT THAT ABERDEEN GUY'S THO,THEY ARE BRILL :rolleyes:

LOOKS LIKE IT WILL BE A BUSY NITE.

LOOKING FORWARD TO IT.

HOPING TO HAVE A COUPLE OF NEW TUNES FOR MY SPOT.

C U'S FRI GUYS.

PS

HOPE THAT LOCAL PISS HEAD WONT BE HANGING AROUND AGAIN,EH ALI :lol:

Guest 45s and 33s

HOPE THAT LOCAL PISS HEAD WONT BE HANGING AROUND AGAIN,EH ALI :lol:

Nothing but fresh orange and lemonade for me Stevie :rolleyes:

Only six days to go. Five different Scottish soul clubs under one roof! Cannae wait!

Ali

Soul In The City

City Function Suite

24 Seagate

Friday 30th May

8pm till 3am

Admission £4

Scottish Soul Showcase

Featuring

Good Luck with this Guy's , it looks like it'll be a good 'un. Can someone please pass my regards to Brian Scott from Bonnyrigg Soul Club......................just tell him that "Big Celtic John" in Corby was asking for him. :lol:

cheers,

John Mc.

Canny make this one guys, am working...... all the best for what looks like a cracker of a night. Well done to John, Alan, Malc and Ali for an excellent format for the night....Guaranteed to be great sounds galore.

have a great night

Andy :)

Well Andy do the right thing, hand in your notice :thumbsup: and come along on Friday night.

A night not to be missed on the Scottish Soul calendar.

soulmac.

Edited by soulmac
Guest 45s and 33s

Good man.........................make sure you play "The Champion " then. :):):P

I was thinking of playing Patti & The Bluebells rendition of that fine ditty ... You'll Never Walk Alone on Nicetown :lol::yes::lol:

Soul In The City

City Function Suite

24 Seagate

Friday 30th May

8pm till 3am

Admission £4

Scottish Soul Showcase

Featuring

Sounds like it's going to be a great night. Me and Fraser definitely coming this time.

Alan

Canny make this one guys, am working...... all the best for what looks like a cracker of a night. Well done to John, Alan, Malc and Ali for an excellent format for the night....Guaranteed to be great sounds galore.

have a great night

Andy :wub:

Wonder who came up with an idea like that, they must have been a genius way ahead of their time :):D

I'm sure that it hasn't escaped all my good friends that will be there that it is also my birthday, 31st if I calculate right...... :sleep3: so I know I can trust you all to keep the lager and voddie flowing my way.

cheers

alan

MIne too....I'll bring the cake.....woooooooosh :lol:

Guest soulfularab

looking forward to a great night and if we are going with the footballing theme can we please have some tunes on the Tangerine label for me please ! rolleyes.gif

Wonder who came up with an idea like that, they must have been a genius way ahead of their time biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Tubbs,

I believe it was an old Aberdonian called Gary Pratt that came up with the idea a couple of years ago but there's no geniuses in Aberdeen laugh.gif

soulmac

I'm sure that it hasn't escaped all my good friends that will be there that it is also my birthday, 31st if I calculate right...... whistling.gif so I know I can trust you all to keep the lager and voddie flowing my way.

cheers

alan

Happy 51st Alan ohmy.gif

soulmac

:lol: Ridds please keep the sex out of this, you Phyllis and Alan wacko.gif

soulmac.

NOW NOW then :yes: ...no-one mentioned that word, no cake for you Mr McD.. :P

Mr Ridds you are to be shot at dawn for that comment :boxing:

Edited by philly

Is this gonna be a regular thing guys? been looking for one to go to in scotland, unfortunatly can`t make this one :( if you have future dates could you let me know, and good luck with this one :thumbsup:

Harry

This is the first Scottish Soul Showcase. We hope it will happen once a year with a different club hosting it each time.

If your looking for some Scottish dates check out

https://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~abdnpaul/power.html

https://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~abdnpaul/

soulmac.