Donald Jenkins - Cortland/shufflers - Crackerjack

Benji

Hi,

what's a realistic (i.e. not guide price) value for:

Donald Jenkins - Somebody help me - Cortland

Jay & The Shuffers - Always be mine - Crackerjack

The Shufflers - Always be mine - Crackerjack

Anyone know? I checked Manship's site but I think his prices are a bit OTT ....

TIA

Benji

Social source share

• Replies 20
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Seen the Donald Jenkins for as low as £40 but often around the £60 or so mark. Always thought Shufflers was an £80/£100 record but seems to have doubled in value :huh: Didn't think either were particularly rare, Donald Jenkins more so as up for sale pretty regularly.

Social source share

thanks for the replies! agree with both of you on donald jenkins.

but what about the two different issues of the shufflers? i'd say about 75 for "shufflers" and abut 100 for "jay & the shufflers"? i got one of them (forgot which one) tucked away and think about selling it but don't want to overprice it...

Social source share

I DONT RECKON YOU COULD GET BOTH OF THESE TUNES IN GOOD NICK FOR 125 QUID ! :D (UNLESS YOUR A DEALER)

MORE LIKE 200 + FOR THE PAIR

JUST MY OPPINION

475 UKP FOR THEM BOTH ON BOOK PRICE (AND JMs AT THE MO) - SO TAKE AWAY 200 AND ITS STILL 275 AINT IT ?

TWO BLINDING RECORDS BY THE WAY!

Edited by mossy
Social source share

I DONT RECKON YOU COULD GET BOTH OF THESE TUNES IN GOOD NICK FOR 125 QUID ! :D (UNLESS YOUR A DEALER)

MORE LIKE 200 + FOR THE PAIR

JUST MY OPPINION

475 UKP FOR THEM BOTH ON BOOK PRICE (AND JMs AT THE MO) - SO TAKE AWAY 200 AND ITS STILL 275 AINT IT ?

TWO BLINDING RECORDS BY THE WAY!

So you value the Shufflers at around £200? given that Donald Jenkins is worth £50 to most apart from the JM guide? :D

agree with you though about two blinding records :D

Social source share

So you value the Shufflers at around £200? given that Donald Jenkins is worth £50 to most apart from the JM guide? :shades:

agree with you though about two blinding records :thumbup:

I RECKON 80 FOR A MINT DEMO OF DONALD JENKINGS AND 150 FOR A MINT JAY AND THE SHFFLERS THESE DAYS

ANYTHING LESS WOULD BE MATES RATES OR TRADES. (OR LUCKY ON EBAY)

200 QUID FOR THE BOTH WOULD BE A GOOD PRICE THESE DAYS IMO

IF ANYONE WANTS TO SELL THEM BOTH TO ME FOR £125 - PM ME - :thumbup: CASH WAITING !

Edited by mossy
Social source share

I'VE GOT IT ON CANADIAN REGENCY, LOVELY LOOKING GREEN LABLE, GOTTA BE QUITE RARE AS I,VE ONLY EVER SEEN 2 OR 3 ON THIS LABLE BUT VALUE WISE PROBABLY NO MORE THAN A CORTLAND COPY. WISH I WAS INTELLIGENT ENOUGH TO DO SCANS.

BRI PINCH.

$146 bout 12 months ago on t'e-bay!

post-225-1211375091_thumb.jpg

Social source share

I RECKON 80 FOR A MINT DEMO OF DONALD JENKINGS AND 150 FOR A MINT JAY AND THE SHFFLERS THESE DAYS

IF ANYONE WANTS TO SELL THEM BOTH TO ME FOR £125 - PM ME - :thumbup: CASH WAITING !

I agree you probably won't get Shuflers for less than £150, not on a list, but that don't mean thats what it's worth. Wasn't that long ago it was a solid £80 record and then all of a sudden it's twice that and more.

As far as I can see the value asked for Donald J was for an issue and they go through e-bay for half the price you quote for the demo and £50/£60 on lists.

Social source share

Nice thing about the Canadian copies of Donald Jenkins is that they're on vinyl. The Cortland release was a more than reasonably-sized local hit and must have sold thousands of copies, so really not rare at all.

I agree that you see more copies of The Shufflers than Jay & The Shufflers. The white dj copy of the latter would seem to me the trickiest way to get this 45, but again I would hardly classify any variant as particularly rare. A great record, though.

Covered as Derek Martin by G.H. I wonder if it had been spun anywhere on the scene before this? I can imagine it going down a storm in the R&B clubs of London, Manchester etc. as a new release.

Social source share

I'll let you have a M- issue of Donald Jenkins for £50 + £2 postage

Social source share

so are the u.s. cortland ones, at least mine is, regards prices..i paid £80 for jay & shufflers & £40 for donald jenkins, both off of here within the last year

A quick look at Popsike reveals that most of the copies on there are vinyl. I suppose the point I was trying to make was that it does exist on styrene too.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert