Cd Of Your Week

Benny Johnson - Visions Of Paradise

loving this album, only have it on CD format though, anyone got a favourite CD of the week :thumbsup:

Social source share

• Replies 17
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I've got 2 favourite CD's this week -

From the collections of Ismael Garcia and Fraser Dunn courtesy of the swap :thumbsup:

Pat

Me Too Pat :lol:

Though after receiving Tats this weekend, cannot stop playing it, especially Betty Everett , Ben E King and Gladys Knight. I am coming over all moist just thinking about the depth of those three. Betty Everett is to die for.........Knocked Me Sideways mate

Bully :thumbsup:

Social source share

Benny Johnson - Visions Of Paradise

loving this album, only have it on CD format though, anyone got a favourite CD of the week :thumbsup:

brilliant cd, i don't even like the funk track that i believe makes it in demand,but what a great lp

Social source share

SUNBURST BAND

"MOVING WITH THE SHAKERS" Z RECORDS 17 COOL TRACKS !

VOCALS LEROY BURGESS, TAKA BOOM, PETE SIMPSON.

SAMPLES ON SOUL BROTHER RECORDS

Yes I'm digging this CD as well !! Very late 70's early 80's influences Chic etc , don't you think ? Very uplifting , love the 2 step title track as well .Best ,Eddie

Social source share

Great topic, been meaning to get something going for ages, think it would be good to highlight one for re-issue stuff (Kent & Soulscape), and maybe one for newer stuff for the more adventurous.

Reissue wise mines currently is the Mary Gresham CD, fantastic stuff and needs to be supported to ensure these sort of labels continue to exist. Will add more details from home tonight.

Social source share

Great topic, been meaning to get something going for ages, think it would be good to highlight one for re-issue stuff (Kent & Soulscape), and maybe one for newer stuff for the more adventurous.

Reissue wise mines currently is the Mary Gresham CD, fantastic stuff and needs to be supported to ensure these sort of labels continue to exist. Will add more details from home tonight.

Have to agree there Jocko - Simply one of the best releases I've listened to for a long time. If no-one knows it go to Soulscapes site and have a listen - You wont be disapointed.

Rich

Social source share

Same as it is every morning when I wake up... Gladys knight n the Pips - Everybody needs love.

There first LP on motown and not a duff track on it

Social source share

I m loving the wonderful Millie Jackson cd..... as seen in Mr Hampsey s post. Well done and thank you. What a well thought out and put together compilation of her finest stuff.

Thank you.

I love it too and would urge everyone on SS to obtain a copy.

IMO - She the lady!

:boxing:

Sean

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!