Kings Go Forth Next Big Thing ?

Here's one for you to watch out for played by James Trouble at the 100 club it's by THE KINGS GO FORTH " YOUR'E THE ONE " no label but due for release in the next three weeks or so from MILWAUKEE me thinks this will be massive when exposed to the masses . if you type kings go forth into google they have a page on my space :huh:

Social source share

• Replies 202
  • Views 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Here's one for you to watch out for played by James Trouble at the 100 club it's by THE KINGS GO FORTH " YOUR'E THE ONE " no label but due for release in the next three weeks or so from MILWAUKEE me thinks this will be massive when exposed to the masses . if you type kings go forth into google they have a page on my space :huh:

Like it :g:

Social source share

Guest wrighty

great track....was discussed a while back here as well :g:

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/Favouri...=kings+go+forth

Social source share

is it Danny Hernandez from The Ones who's listed in the group?.He was def a Latino :huh: .

Both great soundclips btw,tipped also by Cliff Steele.

Mr Trouble ripping up the script again :huh: .

yep sure is if you read the group profile you'll find the groups made up out of several other groups .yep mr trouble at it again but what a sound deserves exposure imho :g::P

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

It really is very special.

I'd go as far as saying it's one of the best northern soul records ever made.

Gave it three spins at Soul Revolution on Friday, and another 3 at 100 Club on Saturday! Gave it four spins at Lifeline in Sheffield a couple of weeks ago! Floor packer every time!

I've got 50 copies on the way, but I've already got about 20 names down for copies including Soul Sam who's pretty 'keen' to say the least! Don't know how long they'll be available for! Fingers crossed I'll have them at Cleethorpes...

Social source share

Gave it three spins at Soul Revolution on Friday, and another 3 at 100 Club on Saturday! Gave it four spins at Lifeline in Sheffield a couple of weeks ago! Floor packer every time!

I've got 50 copies on the way, but I've already got about 20 names down for copies including Soul Sam who's pretty 'keen' to say the least! Don't know how long they'll be available for! Fingers crossed I'll have them at Cleethorpes...

james keep me posted will have two copies for def . like you say possibly one of the best records made personally think this will be an absoulute monster in a couple of months time :huh::g:

Social source share

Guest lotusland

Got test pressings yesterday and they were a bit quiet so I may have it replated/mastered. I'm obviously doing this as quickly as I can, so thanks everbody for waiting. All copies are pre-reserved as of now, but James and Jason will have spares for sale as soon as I can get them over. In the meantime, here's a sneak peek at the labels. My brother Tom did them and I really like em! They will look just like this but will have a light blue backround.

post-3419-1211297749_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

just had my first listen and it is indeed a special tune, if its a new release can we all be kept up to date on getting a copy please ?

cheers

jason

I've just opened my inbox and been greeted to 30 odd emails asking about getting a copy of The Kings. Sorry, but I won't be able to do mail order, I will be selling out in the clubs. Jason operates from his bedroom, so if all mail order enquires can go to Jason, and I'll only be selling when I'm out and about, sorry about that ...

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

Guest Pointman

tis an excellent record JT but one of the best NS rcords ever...behave!!

I've never seen such excitment over a contemporary group's release. Not to mention it hasn't even been pressed yet.

fantastic.

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

tis an excellent record JT but one of the best NS rcords ever...behave!!

No Chalky, it is one of the best northern soul records ever made, IMHO of course. It's better than Joseph Webster, which is a similar style, where does Joseph Webster stand in your opinion?

I can't remember excitement like this about a new recording since Joseph Henry "Who's The King" shocked the funk world in the late 90s.

We'll talk again in six months time when it's the biggest sound in the country, bar none. Wait until you've heard it played out, man! It takes the roof off...

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

Guest gordon russell

bit played out then?....lol :thumbsup:

Social source share

No Chalky, it is one of the best northern soul records ever made, IMHO of course. It's better than Joseph Webster, which is a similar style, where does Joseph Webster stand in your opinion?

I can't remember excitement like this about a new recording since Joseph Henry "Who's The King" shocked the funk world in the late 90s.

We'll talk again in six months time when it's the biggest sound in the country, bar none. Wait until you've heard it played out, man! It takes the roof off...

james totally agree with you on this one 6 months time this will be the biggest sound in the country sound clip sounds awesome on my 2k sound system at home :thumbup:

Social source share

I agree with you JT it is an excellent record and from hearing the clip it will be a big record on the scene, but IMHO there are far better Northern Soul records, Fidels - Try A Litle HArder, Invitations - Whats Wrong With Me Baby, Fury's - I'm Satisfied ...., Silky Hargreaves, Mello Souls, Diane Lewis, Jerry Williams cover up, Johnny Praye, Timmie Williams, Junior McCants and countless others, be them oldies or newer discoveries.

Don't get me wrong it is an excelent record and I am not knocking it, far from it but to make the statement you made is a very brave one considering the countless great records discovered over the last 40 years or so :ohmy:

PS. I'll have a copy at Cleethorpes :lol:

Social source share

I agree with you JT it is an excellent record and from hearing the clip it will be a big record on the scene, but IMHO there are far better Northern Soul records, Fidels - Try A Litle HArder, Invitations - Whats Wrong With Me Baby, Fury's - I'm Satisfied ...., Silky Hargreaves, Mello Souls, Diane Lewis, Jerry Williams cover up, Johnny Praye, Timmie Williams, Junior McCants and countless others, be them oldies or newer discoveries.

Don't get me wrong it is an excelent record and I am not knocking it, far from it but to make the statement you made is a very brave one considering the countless great records discovered over the last 40 years or so :ohmy:

PS. I'll have a copy at Cleethorpes :lol:

hi chalky have to agree with both of you can see your point it is a brave statement but also agree with james the record as everything just like all the records you mentioned and for a record of this quality to be produced in this day and age is very rare . most productions now days are dull ,mundain and usually lacking imagination , poor lyrics and repetative backing tracks. kings go forth is a breath of fresh air .i believe that in 2-3 years this will go for big money :lol:

Social source share

hi chalky have to agree with both of you can see your point it is a brave statement but also agree with james the record as everything just like all the records you mentioned and for a record of this quality to be produced in this day and age is very rare . most productions now days are dull ,mundain and usually lacking imagination , poor lyrics and repetative backing tracks. kings go forth is a breath of fresh air .i believe that in 2-3 years this will go for big money :ohmy:

why big money? are they not going to release it? or are they just gonna release a limited amount?

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

The opening and backing of 'You're The One' sounds very much like I'll Come Running Back - Delegates of Soul, not a bad tune though.

I think i prefer 'One Day' myself. Very nice tune.

Edited by Matt Male
Social source share

233p.gifHear me talk! Can see it going big but sorry not my thing, after all was at a do a few weeks ago where duffy was played at least four times in a five hour northern soul advertised night, but as ive said before each to there own, just can`t get my head round the whole recorded yesterday thing but thats only an opinion

i agree !!!!not awesome at all

levine does a record he gets slated , good bit of publicity, how can it be northern anyway it aint even been relised,

I THOUGHT THE SCENCE DIDNT WANT "TAILOR MAID 45s" OR HAVE I LOST THE PLOT??? ID RATHER LISTEN TO PUNK ROCK THAN DUFFY

Social source share

levine does a record he gets slated , good bit of publicity, how can it be northern anyway it aint even been relised,

I THOUGHT THE SCENCE DIDNT WANT "TAILOR MAID 45s" OR HAVE I LOST THE PLOT??? ID RATHER LISTEN TO PUNK ROCK THAN DUFFY

didn't realise anyone "known" was behind this.

How can it be Northern?,well take a listen and you'll here tones/shades of many, including Curtis Mayfield tucked away on this record.

Is it tailor made?.The band seem to have a decent pedigree,more soulful than some tunes being played on the scene.(imo).

ps.What's wrong with punk?

Teach their own.

Social source share

Why do people assume that if a record has a certain sixties feel about it then it must be made for a relatively small underground scene in England ?

I think the likes of Sharon Jones, Nicole Willis want to make money out of their craft - relying on the Northern Soul scene to provide them with an income will leave them sadly disappointed methinks.

Social source share

Please don't mix this with Duffy (which is crap compared to this!), this is another world IMO. I don't agree with the northern title, but I think it's a really, really good record with a lot of influence of earlier stuff, but "tailor made"? NOPE! I'm looking forward to the release!

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

I think the likes of Sharon Jones, Nicole Willis want to make money out of their craft - relying on the Northern Soul scene to provide them with an income will leave them sadly disappointed methinks.

Good point. Which begs the question why are these guys only pressing 500? The 500 are already as good as sold apparently, so press some more. Don't they want to make money? :thumbsup:

If it's that good they should be able to get a record deal and get it released mainstream surely? It's better than Duffy or Nicole Willis.

Social source share

Tailor made??? Comparisions to Duffy???

There'a a huge gulf between something like The 4 Vandals & an artist like Duffy (who has the full weight and financial support of a major record company) In my very honest opinion KGF are the little guys just like so many of our favourite rare soul & funk 45s we have come to love from so many small labels from the 60s & 70s. How can they not be influenced by soul funk latino etc when they come from the worlds greatest musical melting pot! Fully agree with Epic about just because its made with a retro feel its aimed at us lot!

I think its b******y great that people like KGF & many other soul/funk groups are out there plying their trade in clubs etc and relying on little 45 sales just like they were decades ago. Embrace & enjoy!

Best Regards

Rich (Who's a bloomin' ballad sweet & deep soul collector! :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest lotusland

Good point. Which begs the question why are these guys only pressing 500? The 500 are already as good as sold apparently, so press some more. Don't they want to make money? :thumbsup:

If it's that good they should be able to get a record deal and get it released mainstream surely? It's better than Duffy or Nicole Willis.

500 being made to preserve the spirit of the collectable independent R+B single.

Don't worry we'll make our money in a year or two when KGF hooks up with KFC.

Social source share

Good point. Which begs the question why are these guys only pressing 500? The 500 are already as good as sold apparently, so press some more. Don't they want to make money? :lol:

maybe it'll only sell 500 on vinyl. I say don't press any more :thumbsup: .

The rest will be made up from cd sales,possible downloads?.

There's only 500 people who want it on vinyl,the rest don't give a monkey's.They either hate it,or don't care if they are dancing to it on cd. :wicked: .

Edited by KevH
Social source share

500 being made to preserve the spirit of the collectable independent R+B single.

Don't worry we'll make our money in a year or two when KGF hooks up with KFC.

Hear,hear sir!,so long as i'm still on the reserved list :lol: .i thought it was only 50? :thumbsup: .

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Doh! Here we go again. Another manufactured 'rarity'. I certainly won't be buying it at any price with such a cynical attitude. Who will make the money? The dealers and the DJs who sell it on in a few months when it's made it big and the band will be sitting there broke.

The spirit of the collectable independent R&B single? You're more interested in that than letting as many people as possible own and play one of your songs? You're the first artists in history to think like that then.

Why didn't you just press 50, or 10, or 1?

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Hear,hear sir!,so long as i'm still on the reserved list :wicked: .i thought it was only 50? :thumbsup: .

:lol: Good question.

Social source share

Doh! Here we go again. Another manufactured 'rarity'. I certainly won't be buying it at any price with such a cynical attitude. Who will make the money? The dealers and the DJs who sell it on in a few months when it's made it big and the band will be sitting there broke.

The spirit of the collectable independent R&B single? You're more interested in that than letting as many people as possible own and play one of your songs? You're the first artists in history to think like that then.

The question that begs to be answered in my eyes is who contacted who over this recording, was this tune given to our dj fraternity on the basis of this publicity, or did our dj fraternity discover this band and liked there sound :thumbsup:

Social source share

Know here your coming from Matt - but I think in this day & age an independant singer/group/label can rely on other means of recieving income on their material. Downloads / CDBaby etc etc. Perhaps it's a question of finance rather than 'manufactured' rarity. A lot of us are hyping it because IMHO it is a great track. There may be only a small amount worldwide who MUST have it on 45 and if a demand can be created surely it would stand the group/label in good stead for future releases alongside the armchair listeners / club goers etc who are happy to purchase it on CD or download.

Best

Rich

Social source share

Guest lotusland

Record collectors are the freaks, not the band. 500+ people reserving copies of the 45 and you know how many have paid 99 cents to download it? I'll tell you. 10.

So is it 'all about the music' or all about object fetishism?

I am one of you freaks so don't take this the wrong way but this old chestnut of RECORDS vs THE MUSIC is F*&ing BORING as it's obviously about THE RECORDS! MUHAHAHAH

In the meantime this thread had been getting us like 300+plays a day on our page, thanks SS! And the band is the one's who decided to keep it at 500 copies.. there are plenty of other ways to make money for the group besides 45 sales. In fact I wonder what succesful groups these days rely on them for any percentage of their income. This is all a bit of fun.

thnx for the input though seriously good and bad. cheers guys

Social source share

The question that begs to be answered in my eyes is who contacted who over this recording, was this tune given to our dj fraternity on the basis of this publicity, or did our dj fraternity discover this band and liked there sound :lol:

I think the "hype" started on the "funk forum" a couple of months ago when Jason posted a link to their myspace site. Everybody there was excited including me. Don't know how James Trouble got it??? Do you play CDs now? :thumbsup:

Social source share

is it Danny Hernandez from The Ones who's listed in the group?.He was def a Latino :thumbsup: .

Both great soundclips btw,tipped also by Cliff Steele.

Mr Trouble ripping up the script again :lol: .

KGF tracks are really great tunes :lol: ............but best thing ever :wicked: ...........not by a long shot :shades: ....your listening history would have to be pretty limited to make that kind of call.......and if I heard the same track 3 times in an hour I wouldn't be impressed

Need to get things in perspective I think :D

Edited by Wrongcrowd
Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Record collectors are the freaks, not the band. 500+ people reserving copies of the 45 and you know how many have paid 99 cents to download it? I'll tell you. 10.

So is it 'all about the music' or all about object fetishism?

I am one of you freaks so don't take this the wrong way but this old chestnut of RECORDS vs THE MUSIC is F*&ing BORING as it's obviously about THE RECORDS! MUHAHAHAH

In the meantime this thread had been getting us like 300+plays a day on our page, thanks SS! And the band is the one's who decided to keep it at 500 copies.. there are plenty of other ways to make money for the group besides 45 sales. In fact I wonder what succesful groups these days rely on them for any percentage of their income. This is all a bit of fun.

thnx for the input though seriously good and bad. cheers guys

Yes that's answered my question all right. :thumbsup:

Social source share

I think the "hype" started on the "funk forum" a couple of months ago when Jason posted a link to their myspace site. Everybody there was excited including me. Don't know how James Trouble got it??? Do you play CDs now? :thumbsup:

Easy to record from the samples on myspace, next step - place order with vinyl carvers :lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert