5th Anniversary S.o.u.l. Gijon Last Friday + Saturday

As I think none of them Spanish Soulies who organize S.O.U.L. unfortunately are on here, just a very very quick note to let you know what a great fantastic weekend that was!

Two great nights of Black Music covering Rare Soul, 6ts, Modern, Funk and House followed by another two days of Sun & Soul in what must be one of the most beautiful areas in the whole of Spain. Perfect oragnization.

I really enjoyed playing my stuff there! If you have never been to S.O.U.L in Gijon you should really mark this down in your calendar for 2009 as it only takes place once a year ! It was especially nice to meet up and hear the tunes by Mark Gurney (tasty man), Adrian Leach (very tasty man), Rahaan, Nick the Record (although I did not catch to much of his spots) and Ian Wright of course as well as the ones played by the Spanish Armada ie Edu, Herminio and Felix himself as was it to meet so many new friends from all over Spain! Thanks big style!

:thumbup:

Marc

• Replies 3
  • Views 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest wrighty

As I think none of them Spanish Soulies who organize S.O.U.L. unfortunately are on here, just a very very quick note to let you know what a great fantastic weekend that was!

Two great nights of Black Music covering Rare Soul, 6ts, Modern, Funk and House followed by another two days of Sun & Soul in what must be one of the most beautiful areas in the whole of Spain. Perfect oragnization.

I really enjoyed playing my stuff there! If you have never been to S.O.U.L in Gijon you should really mark this down in your calendar for 2009 as it only takes place once a year ! It was especially nice to meet up and hear the tunes by Mark Gurney (tasty man), Adrian Leach (very tasty man), Rahaan, Nick the Record (although I did not catch to much of his spots) and Ian Wright of course as well as the ones played by the Spanish Armada ie Edu, Herminio and Felix himself as was it to meet so many new friends from all over Spain! Thanks big style!

:wub:

Marc

i'd go along with everything you've said marc, brilliant to meet people from different music scenes and such a great area of spain that not many know of to visit, highly recommended! just listening to your gijon mix right now as it goes, got a track list?! :lol:

i'd go along with everything you've said marc, brilliant to meet people from different music scenes and such a great area of spain that not many know of to visit, highly recommended! just listening to your gijon mix right now as it goes, got a track list?! :thumbup:

Sorry Ian, no. But you can tell me which title you need to know and I can easily tell you what it is (after I have listened to it again LOL). Should indeed really have kept one. Playlist that is. Hopefully catch up with you in Oslo later this year!

Viva Gij :wicked: n

Marc