Swiss Soul Weekender

soulweekender.jpg

Cheers everybody, i know it's a couple of months to go, but just as a reminder or for the early birds as long as the flights are really cheap...

The Swiss Soul Weekender runs from the 16th to the 18th of January 2009

Lucerne, Switzerland

DJ´s:

Dave Thorley (UK)

Malayka (CH/UK)

Liam Quinn (UK)

Sebastian Gerstung (DE)

J¶rg Recordshack (Au)

Albert Petit (Es)

Barbara Grassi (It)

Thomas Schlatter (CH)

Raffu Young (CH)

Hank Boogaloo (CH)

Wooden Dancefloor on Saturday

Soulbrunch & 45 sales boxes, clothes & books on sunday

- cheap flights on www.easyjet.com to Basel or www.airberlin.de to Zuerich

- if you need help with accomodation or hotel reservation please write a e-mail

- for hotels reservations www.hotelalpha.ch (some rooms are reserved under "Swiss Soul Weekender"-prices for a double are about 40 GBP per night) or this one www.backpackerslucerne.ch would be cheap, too.

cheers Hank & Thomas

Edited by Guest
  • Replies 109
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest twangbang

Gonna be good!!

Don't forget: we don't have Euros in Switzerland. Our currency is the Swiss Franc!

Edited by twangbang
Guest twangbang

What's the music policy going to be for this weekend, is it more generic Soul across the board or Northern Soul?

Simon

Soul across the board with a strong focus on Northern Soul. The DJs are allowed to play what they want. But Northern Soul is what the swiss prople like, more than modern.

Guest Simon

Soul across the board with a strong focus on Northern Soul. The DJs are allowed to play what they want. But Northern Soul is what the swiss prople like, more than modern.

Thankyou Boot Cut, the "Strong focus on Northern Soul" swings it for me, i can hack a very small proportion of Modern but i get bored very quickly by it.

Me & my good lady Sam are really looking forward to this, never been to Switzerland before but have always wanted to.

Gonna do it by train, should be a great adventure!

Simon

I have just returned from Switzerland as my wifes aunt and sister live in Montreux & Vevey and it's a fantastic country, if your ever looking for a venue near Montreux get in touch as my wifes aunt owns a fantastic venue that hold's about 250 people and with an original maple sprung dance floor. :ohmy: I only wish that i had the venue in Middlesbrough becuase it's fantastic.

Edited by Wally

montreux would be really nice, too. if the weekender runs good we´d love to come back to your idea... but our location is really nice, too. it´s worth coming over to lucerne :lol: .

I have just returned from Switzerland as my wifes aunt and sister live in Montreux & Vevey and it's a fantastic country, if your ever looking for a venue near Montreux get in touch as my wifes aunt owns a fantastic venue that hold's about 250 people and with an original maple sprung dance floor. :) I only wish that i had the venue in Middlesbrough becuase it's fantastic.
  • 5 weeks later...

Thankyou Boot Cut, the "Strong focus on Northern Soul" swings it for me, i can hack a very small proportion of Modern but i get bored very quickly by it.

Me & my good lady Sam are really looking forward to this, never been to Switzerland before but have always wanted to.

Simon

Simon , when you work out the train times /route, can you pm me please

We've priced flights from Manchester....nice and cheap at the moment!!!....a question from my better half? .....what the weather like in January? six feet of snow? freezing cold? snow shoes order of the day?

It's quite winter then. But normally in the cities there isn't much snow. Temperature between -10° and 10°.

Raph

Edited by raffu

thanks raffu-weatherman :thumbsup: .

by the way, if you are looking for hotels in lucerne, kevin kent is going to come over for the swiss nighter in october and he booked at hotel drei k¶nige for good conditions, too. so can check out those and find a lovely place to stay...:

https://www.drei-koenige.ch/welcome.html

https://www.backpackerslucerne.ch/index_en.php

https://www.hotelalpha.ch/zimmer.asp (cheaper prices if you mention the holy codeword "Swiss Soul Weekender"

thanks raffu-weatherman :wave: .

by the way, if you are looking for hotels in lucerne, kevin kent is going to come over for the swiss nighter in october and he booked at hotel drei k¶nige for good conditions, too. so can check out those and find a lovely place to stay...:

https://www.drei-koenige.ch/welcome.html

https://www.backpackerslucerne.ch/index_en.php

https://www.hotelalpha.ch/zimmer.asp (cheaper prices if you mention the holy codeword "Swiss Soul Weekender"

:D For anyone interested in booking the Drei Konige:

The price information for this hotel is a bit confusing and seems to vary greatly depending where you look. One site, I forget which, quotes a reasonable price but the front page states "per person per night" - yet if you start to complete the booking that appears to be not the case - though they only show a twin room, no doubles as on other sites.

The best rate I found was through here: www.Booking.com/HotelDreiKonigeLucerne which is £176 (360CHF) per double room for 3 nights inc breakfast/taxes/service charges etc.

Of course this is for the 'niter in October which is still high season. The weekender in January should see a substantial reduction in those rates.

:lol: Unfortunately I haven't been able to book yet 'cos I use a Debit card and a Credit card is required, but thought this info might be useful anyway.

-Kev.

Edited by KevinKent

thanks a lot kevin, see you soon!!

:lol: Oh Yes!

If anyone has any questions regarding travel/dining/hotels/costs etc, as I'm going over initially for the October niter let me know and I will do my best to have them answered on my return and well before the January weekender.

Hank & Thomas - I've PM'd you.

Guest vinylvixen

Simon

Oooh, did you say 'train' Simon?? PM me with your travel plans...I could be very tempted to tag along :D xx

all DJ´s confirmed now:

soulweekender.jpg

Cheers everybody, i know it's a couple of months to go, but just as a reminder or for the early birds as long as the flights are really cheap...

The Swiss Soul Weekender runs from the 16th to the 18th of January 2009

Lucerne, Switzerland

DJ´s:

Dave Thorley (UK)

Malayka (CH/UK)

Liam Quinn (UK)

Sebastian Gerstung (DE)

J¶rg Recordshack (Au)

Albert Petit (Es)

Barbara Grassi (It)

Thomas Schlatter (CH)

Raffu Young (CH)

Hank Boogaloo (CH)

- cheap flights on www.easyjet.com to Basel or www.airberlin.de to Zuerich

- if you need help with accomodation or hotel reservation please write a e-mail

- for hotels reservations www.hotelalpha.ch (some rooms are reserved under "Swiss Soul Weekender"-prices for a double are about 40 GBP per night) or this one www.backpackerslucerne.ch would be cheap, too.

cheers Hank & Thomas

• 2 months later...

ok... i've started planning my future trips abroad, including this..

trains.. flights.. accomodations...

..One day I will open a travel agency specialized in Soul Trips.. laugh.gif

ciao,

Barbara

• 4 weeks later...
Guest twangbang

More Informations added:

Swiss Soul Weekender

16th - 18th January 2009, Friday, Saturday, Sunday

plakat_8-copy.jpg

DJs:

Dave Thorley (UK)

Roddy Brass (UK)

Malayka (CH/UK)

Liam Quinn (IRL/UK)

Sebastian Gerstung (DE)

J¶rg Recordshack (AT)

Albert Petit (ES)

Barbara Grassi (IT)

Hank Boogaloo (DE/CH)

Raffu young (CH)

Thomas Schlatter (CH)

Venues:

Friday Allnighter: Bar 59 (Industriestrasse 5, CH-6003 Luzern)

Saturday Alldayer: Caf Parterre (Mythenstrasse 7, CH-6003 Luzern)

Saturday Allnighter: Club Vasco Da Gama (B¼rgenstrasse 34, CH-6005 Luzern)

Sunday Alldayer: Caf Parterre (Mythenstrasse 7, CH-6003 Luzern)

Cheap flights on Easyjet to Basel or Air Berlin to Zuerich

Cheap flights also avaiable on BMIbaby and/or Easyjet from Manchester and East Midlands to Geneva.

But remember from Geneva to Lucerne it takes 3 hours. Train tickets are very expensive.

Special "Day-Tickets" are avaiable on www.raresoul.ch under "Ticket Sales" for CHF 30.- (ca. UKP 16.-).

These Tickets are limited. Be sure to book early. Train connections can be checked under www.sbb.ch

Check Opodo or Idealo for cheap flights.

If you need help with accomodation or hotel reservation please write an e-mail: thomas[at]raresoul.ch

E-Mails will be responded quickly

For hotel reservations Hotel Alpha (some rooms are reserved under "Swiss Soul Weekender"-prices for a double are about 40 GBP per night)

the BackPackers Lucerne would be cheap, too.

or else:

Hotel Drei K¶nige

And remember: We don't have the Euro, our currency is the Swiss Franc!

Ticket Presales are on www.raresoul.ch

Saturday Venue:

PA255471.jpg_595.jpg

Alldayer & Soulbrunch Venue:

PA265606.jpg_595.jpg

Edited by twangbang

WHAT A DANCEFLOOR!!!!!!!!!!!

Im very looking forward to arrive this day!!!!!

BSO of the weekend: Invitations - Skiing in the snow :thumbsup:

More Informations added:

Swiss Soul Weekender

16th - 18th January 2009, Friday, Saturday, Sunday

plakat_8-copy.jpg

DJs:

Dave Thorley (UK)

Roddy Brass (UK)

Malayka (CH/UK)

Liam Quinn (IRL/UK)

Sebastian Gerstung (DE)

J¶rg Recordshack (AT)

Albert Petit (ES)

Barbara Grassi (IT)

Hank Boogaloo (DE/CH)

Raffu young (CH)

Thomas Schlatter (CH)

Venues:

Friday Allnighter: Bar 59 (Industriestrasse 5, CH-6003 Luzern)

Saturday Alldayer: Caf Parterre (Mythenstrasse 7, CH-6003 Luzern)

Saturday Allnighter: Club Vasco Da Gama (B¼rgenstrasse 34, CH-6005 Luzern)

Sunday Alldayer: Caf Parterre (Mythenstrasse 7, CH-6003 Luzern)

Cheap flights on Easyjet to Basel or Air Berlin to Zuerich

Cheap flights also avaiable on BMIbaby and/or Easyjet from Manchester and East Midlands to Geneva.

But remember from Geneva to Lucerne it takes 3 hours. Train tickets are very expensive.

Special "Day-Tickets" are avaiable on www.raresoul.ch under "Ticket Sales" for CHF 30.- (ca. UKP 16.-).

These Tickets are limited. Be sure to book early. Train connections can be checked under www.sbb.ch

Check Opodo or Idealo for cheap flights.

If you need help with accomodation or hotel reservation please write an e-mail: thomas[at]raresoul.ch

E-Mails will be responded quickly

For hotel reservations Hotel Alpha (some rooms are reserved under "Swiss Soul Weekender"-prices for a double are about 40 GBP per night)

the BackPackers Lucerne would be cheap, too.

or else:

Hotel Drei K¶nige

And remember: We don't have the Euro, our currency is the Swiss Franc!

Ticket Presales are on www.raresoul.ch

Saturday Venue:

PA255471.jpg_595.jpg

Alldayer & Soulbrunch Venue:

PA265606.jpg_595.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm going! Wahey! Gonna be awesome! Lucerne looks soo beautiful as well. thumbup.gif

The train trip sounds pretty cool but booked my flight to Geneva already.

Come on Brits, get down there!!!! And leave the Toblerone jokes at home... :huh:

-10 sounds f***in' freezing. Argh!

...oh, haven't booked a hotel yet. Not sure yet. Surely not staying in one with shared bathroom, I'd rather shower in the rain.. :thumbup:

Edited by Miss Schmidt

ok it looks loke thomas has blown his chances with Miss Schmidt oh well thomas is used to that hey ho but.......who else is going

ha. well, that is now entirely depending on how good his weaving and embroidery skills are. laugh.gif

how would a swiss bloke know to behave like a gentleman anyway?! hehe

Edited by Miss Schmidt

FLIGHTS BOOKED EDINBURGH TO MANCHESTER MEET UP THEN TO SWISS LAND CANT WAIT REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO HEARING SEBASTIAN AND ALBERT BRINGING IN THE NEW YEAR PROPER SOUL STYLE

Kieran

People, who is going when from Manchester Airport to Switzerland? Liam (aka the Irish cat...) and I are going Friday morning at 6 from Manchester to Geneva. Anyone else going on that flight? We could have a UK Soul meeting at Manchester Airport. Or even on the plane!!!hehe biggrin.gif

Edited by Miss Schmidt

People, who is going when from Manchester Airport to Switzerland? Liam (aka the Irish twat) and I are going Friday morning at 6 from Manchester to Geneva. Anyone else going on that flight? We could have a UK Soul meeting at Manchester Airport. Or even on the plane!!!hehe biggrin.gif

i booked the flight for liam, he will be in your plane... :thumbsup:

Source Advert