80s Modern Soul Track Id Needed

• Replies 71
  • Views 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Wow - this one's got legs, hasn't it...?

Well - seems we have the right song at last but did Jeff Floyd do a version?

Hmmmm - c'mon Chris/NCFC - put us outta our misery...

54 posts and counting...

MRez

Social source share

hi fellas,

for all guys who wanna visit this soulful spot - here is the info where to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!

many thanks to Paul & Barbara for your help!!!

"The dude who spins this awesome choon is called: L.C. Hutchins known as H in Hollandale, Mississippi.

He and his wife opened a juke joint after he retired as a welder in the town. They are a wonderful friendly couple who love their little place which they open on weekends. Unfortunately, I can't find the song either even though I remember hearing it on radio often during the 80's soul disco craze. As is often the case there is no phone there so I can't even call them. I filmed this in 2003 and as luck would have it, ran out of film as the song ended so I couldn't document more of our stay there.

The place is called Rainbow Disco and is situated on Highway 61 as you enter the town of Hollandale from the south about 10 miles north of Rolling Fork, Mississippi."

Social source share

hi fellas,

for all guys who wanna visit this soulful spot - here is the info where to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!

many thanks to Paul & Barbara for your help!!!

"The dude who spins this awesome choon is called: L.C. Hutchins known as H in Hollandale, Mississippi.

He and his wife opened a juke joint after he retired as a welder in the town. They are a wonderful friendly couple who love their little place which they open on weekends. Unfortunately, I can't find the song either even though I remember hearing it on radio often during the 80's soul disco craze. As is often the case there is no phone there so I can't even call them. I filmed this in 2003 and as luck would have it, ran out of film as the song ended so I couldn't document more of our stay there.

The place is called Rainbow Disco and is situated on Highway 61 as you enter the town of Hollandale from the south about 10 miles north of Rolling Fork, Mississippi."

If anyone is interested got a phone number for a LC Hutchins in Hollondale and an age it would make this guy about 74 is this about right tried myself but no answer if anyone would like the number and his address pm me thanks Paul
Social source share

Been browsing this post for the last couple of days but until today hadn`t had a chance to go through my cds.

But yes i`ve found it !

It`s Donnie Ray "Come Back" off the "Are You Ready For Me" cd on Bama Records.

What a cracking tune (can`t believe i forgot about this)

Mark Houghton

Social source share

Been browsing this post for the last couple of days but until today hadn`t had a chance to go through my cds.

But yes i`ve found it !

Mark Houghton

Good man, a big tick and a gold star, go RIGHT to the top of the class!! :D

Nice one fella. :P

Roger

Social source share

Guest Paul

But yes i`ve found it !

Mark Houghton

Well done Mark.

I have four Donnie Ray albums but I can't find that one.

What year did it come out?

Best regards,

Paul Mooney

Social source share

Some reasonable priced copies on amazon.co and .com, let the rush begin!

I have already purchased it blind as have no sound card, hope it's no disappointment or will be back here for another good moan, help keep up my reputation as a grumpy git I suppose!

Social source share

Some reasonable priced copies on amazon.co and .com, let the rush begin!

I have already purchased it blind as have no sound card, hope it's no disappointment or will be back here for another good moan, help keep up my reputation as a grumpy git I suppose!

https://ligamusic.com/Album/2004606/Donnie_..._Me_retail/mp3/

you can get a listen to the other tracks here and can download at 15 cents per track if you wanted :P

Social source share

https://ligamusic.com/Album/2004606/Donnie_..._Me_retail/mp3/

you can get a listen to the other tracks here and can download at 15 cents per track if you wanted :P

Not sure how legitimate these Russian download sites are, and therefore not sure how much of that dosh will actually get to artist, which would be a shame for music still available.

As said not sure, so maybe wrong, but since I still like the tangible thing such as CD wouldn't be for me, cheers. :D

Social source share

But yes i`ve found it !

Mark Houghton

NICE!!! Thanks! Great tune. :D

Social source share

But yes i`ve found it !

Mark Houghton

Well done Mark - great effort....

Mark Rez

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

But yes i`ve found it !

Mark Houghton

Hi Mark

Just received the Donnie Ray cd "are you ready for me" but my copy is on Susie Q sqcd-9117 and not Bama records, do you know which came first?. The tracks appear to be the same as I looked on the dodgy Russian download site on this thread.

I'm not very good at telling if it is a slightly different mix,played my cd version and the you tube clip and they seem the same. A few other good tracks on the cd especially track 5 "i'm in the mood".

If anyone can post up similar stuff or recommend i would appreciate it.

Thanks

Geoff

Social source share

But yes i`ve found it !

Mark Houghton

Haha LOL!

You're the don dude! :P

I guess you'd better put Hollandale, Mississippi on the schedule for that road trip next year!

Ian D :D

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!