Gloria Shannon

Guest Harold Pelham

Guest Harold Pelham

post-10325-1212411349.jpg

The find of the decade now available exclusively from Real Side Records:

GLORIA SHANNON

Imagine our surprise when, after listening to what felt like hours of run-of-the-mill rock 'n' roll and country music, we heard the opening bars of this magnificent mid tempo Northern Soul gem!

Nothing is known about this sublime masterpiece other than it was recorded a circa 1970 and has been collecting dust ever since. The master tape box gives little away, other than a Dallas, Texas address and it is unlikely that, after more than three decades, the mystery will ever be solved.

In 2004 Real Side Records cut 10 collectors acetates and the record picked up plays around the country courtesy of top DJs Tim Brown, Ginger Taylor and Roger Banks. Since being in circulation rumours have been rife about the song and it hs been suggested that the mysterious Gloria is in fact Gladys Knight?

Let's just enjoy it for what it is - the best undiscovered Soul record in decades!

Download now from real Side Records, only £1.49 - DOWNLOAD

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

post-10325-1212411349.jpg

The find of the decade now available exclusively from Real Side Records:

GLORIA SHANNON

Imagine our surprise when, after listening to what felt like hours of run-of-the-mill rock 'n' roll and country music, we heard the opening bars of this magnificent mid tempo Northern Soul gem!

Nothing is known about this sublime masterpiece other than it was recorded a circa 1970 and has been collecting dust ever since. The master tape box gives little away, other than a Dallas, Texas address and it is unlikely that, after more than three decades, the mystery will ever be solved.

In 2004 Real Side Records cut 10 collectors acetates and the record picked up plays around the country courtesy of top DJs Tim Brown, Ginger Taylor and Roger Banks. Since being in circulation rumours have been rife about the song and it hs been suggested that the mysterious Gloria is in fact Gladys Knight?

Let's just enjoy it for what it is - the best undiscovered Soul record in decades!

Download now from real Side Records, only £1.49 - DOWNLOAD

Is this coming out on Vinyl ? One of the true greats this one , bloody brilliant !! Best ,Eddie

Social source share

Is this coming out on Vinyl ? One of the true greats this one , bloody brilliant !! Best ,Eddie

one of the best records ive ever ever heard. been waitin for this to come out for a few yrs

Social source share

Guest Harold Pelham

Hi Eddie, many thanks for the positive comments. The jury is still out on the vinyl - we agree that this is a fantastic tune and if the demand is there a limited edition 45 might be an option. H

Social source share

Guest Harold Pelham

Really really nice. So is there a 45?? Harold! Harold!

Best regards

Rich

This is a real hot topic for Francis and I and the truth is, we haven't decided. The plan was to issue it as a download first and to feature it as the star turn on our end of year Real Side CD album. If the demand is there, I agree, a 45 would be nice. H

Social source share

This is a real hot topic for Francis and I and the truth is, we haven't decided. The plan was to issue it as a download first and to feature it as the star turn on our end of year Real Side CD album. If the demand is there, I agree, a 45 would be nice. H

As has been said a 45 would be a good idea.Certainly the interest in the downloads has surprised us and we are pleased that real collectors are prepared to pay for something special.If we do a single it will certainly be a limited run and one for the long term collection.

I will keep everybody informed, anybody interested in a 45 version might want to let me know at francis@realsiderecords.co .uk

Also I want to mention we have a myspace for RealSide under the name soulontherealside with all the my space //etc associated with myspace before it.(I will post the full name soon, I just forgot it!)

Please support our downloads-we are paying all the necessary royalties etc- and please do not nick any tracks for anniversary free cds.

Cheers

francis t

realside

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!