The Incredible Carnival Logo

MARK POSTING UP THIRD GUITAR GOT ME TO THINKING ABOUT ALL THE LOGOS I COLLECTED IN THE EARLY EIGHTIES SO I DUG OUT A FEW CARNIVALS LAST NIGHT AND WAS BLOWN AWAY,REAL QUALITY THAT HAS STOOD THE TEST OF TIME.A REAL LABEL OF DEPTH AND BREATH,LETS GET A FEW POSTED UP AND POST ANY INTERSTING INFORMATION ALSO.

THESE ARE FOR AL CONEY ,GAZ SIMON AND KEV KANE AT ONE POINT WE HAD BETS ON WHO COULD COMPLETE THIS LOGO FIRST.

Edited by baz atkinson
Social source share

• Replies 51
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

MARK POSTING UP THIRD GUITAR GOT ME TO THINKING ABOUT ALL THE LOGOS I COLLECTED IN THE EARLY EIGHTIES SO I DUG OUT A FEW CARNIVALS LAST NIGHT AND WAS BLOWN AWAY,REAL QUALITY THAT HAS STOOD THE TEST OF TIME.A REAL LABEL OF DEPTH AND BREATH,LETS GET A FEW POSTED UP AND POST ANY INTERSTING INFORMATION ALSO.

THESE ARE FOR AL CONEY ,GAZ SIMON AND KEV KANE AT ONE POINT WE HAD BETS ON WHO COULD COMPLETE THIS LOGO FIRST.

Good post Baz, looking forward to hear stuff from this label, I've just read a great article about it in "There's that beat" :huh:

Social source share

Great logo Baz, already a good few of the label's output in refosoul, will stick a few up I cant find in Refosoul. talkin bout Mr Coney, have to thank him for my copy of Jimmy Jules :huh:

steve

Social source share

Cracking stuff on Carnival Baz.

Ive just been playing Lee Williams & the Symbols..I love you more / Ill be gone. Carnival 521

"It's Everything About You That I Love" is their finest moment for me. Haven't got a clip I'm afraid, but a brilliant record, well worth investigating for those not familiar with it.

Roger

Social source share

Guest Adrian

"It's Everything About You That I Love" is their finest moment for me. Haven't got a clip I'm afraid, but a brilliant record, well worth investigating for those not familiar with it.

Roger

Yep great 45, love the bit when he calls his lady 'cupcake', and its a proper double sider too, I change my mind regulary on whats my fav side.....other side being I Call It love (70's dancer version)

Just Be Yourself is also really good imho.

Was there any other 70's sides on the label?

Social source share

Yep great 45, love the bit when he calls his lady 'cupcake', and its a proper double sider too, I change my mind regulary on whats my fav side.....other side being I Call It love (70's dancer version)

Just Be Yourself is also really good imho.

Was there any other 70's sides on the label?

Got one from 82/3 somewhere,12" by New jersey conection.

Social source share

PRETENDERS SAYS IT ALL FOR ME *I WANNA BE -- EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU GIRL -- CALL IT LOVE -- BROKEN HEART etc etc faboulous soul

Edited by fifesouly
Social source share

Guest johnm

Roger

Social source share

At last I can ask my Carnival question! Pretty sure a mate (who I'm no longer in contact with) did me a tape of 'Carnival' recordings several years ago...some unissued and I'm sure there was one called 'Erase And Replace' (male vocal) from the vaults.....Can't find the tape but I really loved this tune, was It a Carnival unissued track?

Social source share

Guest Dark Horse

At last I can ask my Carnival question! Pretty sure a mate (who I'm no longer in contact with) did me a tape of 'Carnival' recordings several years ago...some unissued and I'm sure there was one called 'Erase And Replace' (male vocal) from the vaults.....Can't find the tape but I really loved this tune, was It a Carnival unissued track?

Wasn,t Phil Terrell I'll Erase you(from my heart) b/w I,m just a young boy on Carnival 513,tho' not unisuued,remember Carlisle's Danny Spiers playing this many moons ago at a local soul nite & sounded great,also other side young boy is good aswell,fantastic label :lol:

Regards,Arthur.

Social source share

il have the answer tonight me mate al coney resident carnival expert will know and hes popping over to trainin a hour.

BAZ A

Social source share

Wasn,t Phil Terrell I'll Erase you(from my heart) b/w I,m just a young boy on Carnival 513,tho' not unisuued,remember Carlisle's Danny Spiers playing this many moons ago at a local soul nite & sounded great,also other side young boy is good aswell,fantastic label :lol:

Regards,Arthur.

Definitely not Phil Terrell, I have that on 45. Faster and with breaks I remember, may not be a Carnival track but it was definitely unreleased.

Social source share

PRETENDERS SAYS IT ALL FOR ME *I WANNA BE -- EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU GIRL -- CALL IT LOVE -- BROKEN HEARTED etc etc faboulous soul

This is the one for me from them,a right Killer of a tune,

can`t do a sound clip as my Cd recorder is playing up again :lol:

post-2848-1212691991_thumb.jpg

Also came out on 558

post-2848-1212692687_thumb.jpg

Dave f.............

Edited by Dave Fleming
Social source share

THE LOVETTES..I NEED A GUY

Great tune.

I love this label, as the production is just fantastic. Last year I bought a beat up copy of Barbara Brown's "Forget Him" at a flea market and even through all the noise it sounded good to my ears.

Edited by djr
Social source share

Great tune.

I love this label, as the production is just fantastic. Last year I bought a beat up copy of Barbara Brown's "Forget Him" at a flea market and even through all the noise it sounded good to my ears.

the other sides good too "so in love".....arent the Manhattans on backing vocals on this 45?
Social source share

This one is well worth a visit...quality Northern!

A case of bootlegged before it had actually made an impact?

The sound reproduction is so much clearer on an original too.

I've got an original studio acetate for the Jimmy Jules number, but not worth scanning as it has no label!

:yes:

post-9555-1212759657_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Manhattans-Baby I,m sorry-Carnival

Great thread Baz, lots of great contributions, impossible to choose a fave Carnival record because of the depth and quality of the output, this one though is right up there for me though, the lead singer George Smith who tragically died in 1970 is one of my all time favourite vocalists. Kev

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!