Johnnie Taylor - Blues In The Night. Rare French 45 For Sale

Guest noreille

Guest noreille

Johnnie Taylor

Watermelon man / Blues in the night

ATLANTIC 650147

Manufactured in France

£ 150

This one needs no introduction, especially on this board... I should perhaps just mention that "Blues in the night" was released in France on two different formats: an EP on Stax and this single on Atlantic. This last one is in huge demand because really rare and it's one of the best soul two-siders France has to offer, "Watermelon man" doesn't appear on the Stax EP...

Record: strong VG. Quite numerous but very light, small and superficial hairline scratches, espacially located on each side's begining. A couple of light superficial scuffs on "Blues in the night" side. I'm providing 7 close-up pics wich are quite representative, take a look at them.

Labels: Small writings on both sides, a stamp on "Watermelon man" side. Again, check the pics...

Sleeve: Original picture sleeve was missing when I found it years ago. The white generic sleeve it was into is still there...

Sound check: Light surface noise on each side's begining that almost disappears in a small delay. I recorded "blues in the night" entirely and the first half of "Watermelon man" from this copy (at 112 kbps). Check the soundclip, that's how the record sounds... Great isn't it?

johnnie_taylor.mp3

I'm just a "second issue" here and I don't want anyone to think I joigned the board to make money. This said, my professional activity's precarity sometimes leaves me no choice and makes me sell records I often would like to keep. I registered to benefit from and contribute to the wonderful ressource that is Refosoul. I'm not a man of words and knowledge so I might not participate to other forums, but I love music so you'll see me post clips from times to times... However I just want to say I'm a man of confidence, melomaniac record collector and music lover. I won't screw anyone.

link to my introduction to Soul Source:

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/Hi-I-m-...lle-t71197.html

link to my eBay seller's feedback:

https://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...eedbackAsSeller

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 8
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest noreille

The record is on hold... but not sold yet.

If you are interested, PM me. I'll contact you if it becomes available again.

Social source share

noreille said:

Johnnie Taylor

Watermelon man / Blues in the night

ATLANTIC 650147

Manufactured in France

£ 150

This one needs no introduction, especially on this board... I should perhaps just mention that "Blues in the night" was released in France on two different formats: an EP on Stax and this single on Atlantic. This last one is in huge demand because really rare and it's one of the best soul two-siders France has to offer, "Watermelon man" doesn't appear on the Stax EP...

Record: strong VG. Quite numerous but very light, small and superficial hairline scratches, espacially located on each side's begining. A couple of light superficial scuffs on "Blues in the night" side. I'm providing 7 close-up pics wich are quite representative, take a look at them.

Labels: Small writings on both sides, a stamp on "Watermelon man" side. Again, check the pics...

Sleeve: Original picture sleeve was missing when I found it years ago. The white generic sleeve it was into is still there...

Sound check: Light surface noise on each side's begining that almost disappears in a small delay. I recorded "blues in the night" entirely and the first half of "Watermelon man" from this copy (at 112 kbps). Check the soundclip, that's how the record sounds... Great isn't it?

johnnie_taylor.mp3

I'm just a "second issue" here and I don't want anyone to think I joigned the board to make money. This said, my professional activity's precarity sometimes leaves me no choice and makes me sell records I often would like to keep. I registered to benefit from and contribute to the wonderful ressource that is Refosoul. I'm not a man of words and knowledge so I might not participate to other forums, but I love music so you'll see me post clips from times to times... However I just want to say I'm a man of confidence, melomaniac record collector and music lover. I won't screw anyone.

WOW..........Impressive Sales post - the bar has been raised - monsieur, I hope this record sells for you quickly and at the price you need - I don't actually know the value of this 7" - BUT - my God, I'd have absolutely NO HESITATION in buying this record from you if it was one I wanted - yr 'netiquette' is faultless...

Respect...MRez

Social source share

Guest noreille

WOW..........Impressive Sales post - the bar has been raised - monsieur, I hope this record sells for you quickly and at the price you need - I don't actually know the value of this 7" - BUT - my God, I'd have absolutely NO HESITATION in buying this record from you if it was one I wanted - yr 'netiquette' is faultless...

Respect...MRez

Thanks Mark!

I received a few messages about the picture sleeve our friend Philippe friendly posted in this thread... In order to make that very clear:

This is the record that should come with that picture sleeve. Unfortunately, picture sleeve's missing as mentioned in my description. This matter and the record's condition explain a reasonable price.

This 45 is much rarer than the EP. I read in a thread that more or less recent Manship auction results are just revealing the demand on these french singles, he sold the EP for more than £500... Crazy!

£150 for the 45 sounds fair, doesn't it?

Social source share

Thanks Mark!

I received a few messages about the picture sleeve our friend Philippe friendly posted in this thread... In order to make that very clear:

This is the record that should come with that picture sleeve. Unfortunately, picture sleeve's missing as mentioned in my description. This matter and the record's condition explain a reasonable price.

This 45 is much rarer than the EP. I read in a thread that more or less recent Manship auction results are just revealing the demand on these french singles, he sold the EP for more than £500... Crazy!

£150 for the 45 sounds fair, doesn't it?

Can u post up a clip of 'Watermelon Man' for us all please? I'm keen to hear what JT adds to this Herbie Hancock classic..thx...MRez

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!