Lovelites - Get Him Off My Conscience

Benji

• Replies 24
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

was wondering, Lovelites "Get him off my conscience", you don't see it on sales list that often do you?

how much would I have to pay for a copy in decent nick?

Was thinking that the other day, too! This is the mid 70's dancer (wasn't it a big Mecca tune?) on Lovelite not the 60's thing which seems to be more abundant. Not sure really - be interesting to know g.gif

Edited by J-Brew
Social source share

Guest Ste Brazil

was wondering, Lovelites "Get him off my conscience", you don't see it on sales list that often do you?

I got a copy last year - after lots of searching - for £30 but i've seen it at £100 which i reckon is TOTALLY over the top. You can get it on a 70's Grapevine UK / re-issue for £5 / £10.

Ste.

Edited by Ste Brazil
Social source share

Was thinking that the other day, too! This is the mid 70's dancer (wasn't it a big Mecca tune?) on Lovelite not the 60's thing which seems to be more abundant. Not sure really - be interesting to know g.gif

yep, am talking about the mid 70s disco-ish dancer and not the wonderful but yet very different midtempo fingersnapper "my conscience" which happens to be on the same label but I guess 3-4 years earlier.

sadly i don't have popsike access here in the office and google wasn't really that helpful.

Social source share

Would have thought about £40 now - there is a bootleg that looks the same as the original and has fooled many people in the past. The original is a deeper red but it's hard to tell unless you have the 2 next to each other.

Social source share

sadly i don't have popsike access here in the office and google wasn't really that helpful.

I have,and only shows 2 copys of my conscience.

Social source share

yep, am talking about the mid 70s disco-ish dancer and not the wonderful but yet very different midtempo fingersnapper "my conscience" which happens to be on the same label but I guess 3-4 years earlier.

Popsike shows the last one in October 2007 at $57.

Social source share

Guest Ste Brazil

Would have thought about £40 now - there is a bootleg that looks the same as the original and has fooled many people in the past. The original is a deeper red but it's hard to tell unless you have the 2 next to each other.

Mine is very deep red, not many of them about, must be all sat forgotten about in collections...

Ste.

Social source share

I might be wrong, but I seem to recall from a similar debate at a soul do many years ago, that a lot of copies where made off centre and where subsequently scrapped, so its not as abundant as you would think but certainly not rare. I might be wrong but would explain the lack of listings.

The Man In Black

Social source share

Guest Ste Brazil

May seem a silly question, but as i wasn't about in the 70's, well apart from being about the school playground, who were the main culprits for bootlegging, did it tend to be the same people or was any 'in demand' single fair game for somebody wanting to make a bit of extra cash??

Ste.

Social source share

Guest Ste Brazil

it has a really nice B side what a day.

mark

Yeah, brilliant an 'A' side in its own right.

Ste.

Social source share

I might be wrong, but I seem to recall from a similar debate at a soul do many years ago, that a lot of copies where made off centre and where subsequently scrapped, so its not as abundant as you would think but certainly not rare. I might be wrong but would explain the lack of listings.

The Man In Black

I think the off center thing is not true -- there is a lovelites 45 on lovelite that is commonly off center, that is "oh my love", but I've never seen "get it off of my conscience" off center.

Social source share

I think the off center thing is not true -- there is a lovelites 45 on lovelite that is commonly off center, that is "oh my love", but I've never seen "get it off of my conscience" off center.

My copy is on centre. The vinyl is high quality and label colours are red and black, the boot looks bootish! with a lighter red label. Agree that the flip is good as well "Oh What A Day".

I don't see it for sale very much and would expect it to be £30-£50.

Edited by Guest
Social source share

My copy is on centre. The vinyl is high quality and label colours are red and black, the boot looks bootish! with a lighter red label. Agree that the flip is good as well "Oh What A Day".

I don't see it for sale very much and would expect it to be £30-£50.

ONLY TWO COPIES REGISTERING ON POPSIKE, BUT CHANCES ARE THE OTHER 40 OR SO ON LOVELITE THAT HAVE BEEN ON THE BAY IN THE LAST THREE YEARS WENT UNDER THE RADAR, LIKE MOST ITEMS. 15 TO 20 QUID SHOULD GET YA A DECENT COPY.

BRI PINCH.

Social source share

ONLY TWO COPIES REGISTERING ON POPSIKE, BUT CHANCES ARE THE OTHER 40 OR SO ON LOVELITE THAT HAVE BEEN ON THE BAY IN THE LAST THREE YEARS WENT UNDER THE RADAR, LIKE MOST ITEMS. 15 TO 20 QUID SHOULD GET YA A DECENT COPY.

BRI PINCH.

Different record. It's the red 1975 record that's wanted.

Social source share

its

The Lovelites Get it off my conscience by the way

original is £100 on my site

grapevine demo £15

Issue £10

Hope this helps

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!