Pemberton Centre

Another great venue, it would be ideal for a nighter if allowed. Massive dancefloor that doesn't need talc, loads of seating around for those that are flagging. Musically last night was very good, contrary to unsubstantiated reports from people who haven't been there, the top 500 was in very little evidence. Some great mid-tempo stuff as ever from Lenny and a thoughtful and well received set from Steve. What I really like about this venue, people want to enjoy themselves. I got there about quarter to nine, and the floor was already full. I left at quarter to one, and it was still packed. There was on real let up for the dancers and they didn't seem to want one, really impressive. Great night gents, really enjoyed it :rolleyes:

Winnie :-)

• Replies 26
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Another great venue, it would be ideal for a nighter if allowed. Massive dancefloor that doesn't need talc, loads of seating around for those that are flagging. Musically last night was very good, contrary to unsubstantiated reports from people who haven't been there, the top 500 was in very little evidence. Some great mid-tempo stuff as ever from Lenny and a thoughtful and well received set from Steve. What I really like about this venue, people want to enjoy themselves. I got there about quarter to nine, and the floor was already full. I left at quarter to one, and it was still packed. There was on real let up for the dancers and they didn't seem to want one, really impressive. Great night gents, really enjoyed it :rolleyes:

Nicely summed up Win! The crowd too was very varied, from seasoned travelers to curious locals attending their first soul night. Everyone seemed to have a great time, me included! :lol: The biggest surprise of the night was Guiness at £1.50 a pint! Result! (The result being a sore head today!)

Edited by Maark

Couldnt agree more Win.The Pembo was really well attended last night and everybody seemed to have a great time (myself included) which is (surely?) what its all about?!? We got there just after 9 I think, and the floor was full, a credit to Jem n Steve.Thanks a lot guys! :lol:

See everyone again very soon.

Lol

Gail x

Edited by Delasoul

Nicely summed up Win! The crowd too was very varied, from seasoned travelers to curious locals attending their first soul night. Everyone seemed to have a great time, me included! :rolleyes: The biggest surprise of the night was Guiness at £1.50 a pint! Result!

===============

I noticed a very varied clientelle as well. Really good to see to be honest, and they looked like they enjoyed themselves, which must bode well for the future. As I was only drinking water I never noticed the bar prices, but from what you've said Mark, that can also only be a plus as far as some are concerned.

Guest smudgesmith

My first visit to the Pemberton for abut 12/14 yrs (since the days of Tony Parker) still a great venus and music pretty good nice to hear Len play Andy Fisher.The hightlight has to be Pete Taylor great set and well recieved by an appreciative crowd.Well done all concerned :rolleyes:

Thanks for the kind words Win! On behalf of Jem and myself, a big thanks to all who turned out to support us. Thanks to Pete Taylor for coming down from Notts to play a cracking set for us. Pete, I really hope you and your party enjoyed your visit. It would be nice to get you back again at a future date if you are up for it.

It is not our place to comment on the night as that is for you guys that turned out. I will post up the attendance when I have had a chance to work it out but as everyone will testify it was another 'Pembo Packer'!

Thanks a million, Steve.

Hi Steve & Jem, First time at the Pembertom cracking venue and a friendly appreciative crowd, Thanks for inviting us

down & yes we all had a very good night, Would Love to come again see you all soon Pete Taylor,

nice to meet Len Dobson.

See you Friday at The Right Track Smudge.

To the people behind this night , Just want to agree what has already been said .

We travelled up from Milton Keynes and this is one of the best local do's around .

Always made welcome by Jem , Steve and Len .

It's an awesome night and always seems to get everything right .

From the right lighting , good seating , excellent floor and sounds that keep it packed all night .

Looking forward to the next one .

Des

To the people behind this night , Just want to agree what has already been said .

We travelled up from Milton Keynes and this is one of the best local do's around .

Always made welcome by Jem , Steve and Len .

It's an awesome night and always seems to get everything right .

From the right lighting , good seating , excellent floor and sounds that keep it packed all night .

Looking forward to the next one .

Des

I forgot to mention the lighting.......I liked the sleazy red lights!! :D

=============

Sure I saw delasoul under a lampost and she didn't have a ukilele :thumbsup:

:D Shocked and stunned Win! Although after my "directions to the bar" comment in the warm up thread I 'd say we're quits (1-1! :thumbup: )

Guest krawen

Thanks for the kind words Win! On behalf of Jem and myself, a big thanks to all who turned out to support us. Thanks to Pete Taylor for coming down from Notts to play a cracking set for us. Pete, I really hope you and your party enjoyed your visit. It would be nice to get you back again at a future date if you are up for it.

It is not our place to comment on the night as that is for you guys that turned out. I will post up the attendance when I have had a chance to work it out but as everyone will testify it was another 'Pembo Packer'!

Thanks a million, Steve.

I must say a great night had by all , good tunes all night, good beer good company.

Only down side to the night was pete's sat nav taking us to the far side of the car park and the gates was locked :D nice to meet the other Steve Brown too.

we will be back soon .

All the best

Steve B (rown )

I had a great time last night. The music was spot-on, and it didn't take long to walk home!

The only downside is the 1am finish. Like others have said, the Pembo would be a great venue for an allnighter.

============

having talked to Steve, it's the management that don't want a nighter here, just wanted to make sure nobody blamed the promoters thumbsup.gif

Gail, I was shocked at myself smile.gif x

Great to hear that people had a good time last night , big thanks to all that came along and made it happen. I have to say the crowd that come to the Pembo these days really seem to be seriously into their music and having a good time. and are prepared to embrace the different styles the djs offer. which makes it all the more rewarding for everyone. Steve, Len and myself have discussed this and we all feel that regards the music we are getting more or less where we hoped we could be, with a good mix but the emphasis on quality... thumbsup.gif thanks again

===============

I noticed a very varied clientelle as well. Really good to see to be honest, and they looked like they enjoyed themselves, which must bode well for the future.

Like Winnie said, everyone there was simply enjoying the music, embracing all styles. Even stuff some may not have known, they listened, took it in and didn't complain. Let's face it with a mix like that, each style complimented the other. The Pemberton welcomes everyone, local first timers through to soulies who really should have the odd weekend off!... 'Inclusive not exclusive' (Jem's line that)

Thoroughly enjoyed myself,

See ya next time.

Len.

THIS POST HAS BEEN, CHECKED, DOUBLE CHECKED AND TREBLE CHECKED...IF YOU ARE IN ANY WAY OFFENDED BY IT...F*CK OFF! NOT EVERYTHING IS ABOUT YOU!!! (WITHOUT PREJUDICE)

Hi Steve, Jem and Len,

Have to agree with all the others that this was a fantastic night, All the DJs played some fantastic tracks and that includes you Len!!!!! :thumbup: The crowd were so friendly, all out for one thing a good night and that's what they got.

Edited by southandnorth

Hi Steve, Jem and Len,

Have to agree with all the others that this was a fantastic night, All the DJs played some fantastic tracks and that includes you Len!!!!! :thumbup: The crowd were so friendly, all out for one thing a good night and that's what they got.

You sound surprised Kev?!!! :thumbup:I think I only played 3 'Lenny Lullabies' - Rest were uptempo...(ish) All the way!

All the best,

Len.

THIS POST HAS BEEN, CHECKED, DOUBLE CHECKED AND TREBLE CHECKED...IF YOU ARE IN ANY WAY OFFENDED BY IT...F*CK OFF! NOT EVERYTHING IS ABOUT YOU!!! (WITHOUT PREJUDICE)

Edited by LEN
Guest tonytone

:thumbup: Hi Len, great night like everyone has said, just one thing I want to know, do you know the Edwin Star track that was played that night, it was a goodin' a good uptempo, not sure on the title, not known to me? I might have it? but i know i liked it!,

Also may i say ole beans the best venue for an allnighter :thumbup:

Tony.

Like Winnie said, everyone there was simply enjoying the music, embracing all styles. Even stuff some may not have known, they listened, took it in and didn't complain. Let's face it with a mix like that, each style complimented the other. The Pemberton welcomes everyone, local first timers through to soulies who really should have the odd weekend off!... 'Inclusive not exclusive' (Jem's line that)

See ya next time.

Len.

Guest tonytone

:thumbup: keep taken the red bull, big boy! :thumbup:

See ya next time.

Len.

:thumbsup: Hi Len, great night like everyone has said, just one thing I want to know, do you know the Edwin Star track that was played that night, it was a goodin' a good uptempo, not sure on the title, not known to me? I might have it? but i know i liked it!,

Also may i say ole beans the best venue for an allnighter :thumbsup:

Tony.

The track by Edwin Starr was 'Running back and forth'. Quality!!!

You sound surprised Kev?!!! :thumbsup:I think I only played 3 'Lenny Lullabies' - Rest were uptempo...(ish) All the way!

All the best,

Len.

Hi Len, no i was not surprised as i know you can do it when you want to!!!!! Great set mate.

Guest AndyL

Another great venue, it would be ideal for a nighter if allowed. Massive dancefloor that doesn't need talc, loads of seating around for those that are flagging. Musically last night was very good, contrary to unsubstantiated reports from people who haven't been there, the top 500 was in very little evidence. Some great mid-tempo stuff as ever from Lenny and a thoughtful and well received set from Steve. What I really like about this venue, people want to enjoy themselves. I got there about quarter to nine, and the floor was already full. I left at quarter to one, and it was still packed. There was on real let up for the dancers and they didn't seem to want one, really impressive. Great night gents, really enjoyed it :lol:

I echo this post entirely, great venue ,ell supported and whatever tastes you have its well catered for here. Well done Jem Steve and Len. Highlights of night for me were 4 tracks Andy Fisher, the chaumonts (great track Len) , Jems insturmental cover up and last but not least an LP track by Betty Everett - You're falling in love (Nice one Jem) also Jem thanks for playing my request Sandy Williams as last record- Magic stuff!!!

Cant wait for the next one guys

Andy

I echo this post entirely, great venue ,ell supported and whatever tastes you have its well catered for here. Well done Jem Steve and Len. Highlights of night for me were 4 tracks Andy Fisher, the chaumonts (great track Len) , Jems insturmental cover up and last but not least an LP track by Betty Everett - You're falling in love (Nice one Jem) also Jem thanks for playing my request Sandy Williams as last record- Magic stuff!!!

Cant wait for the next one guys

Andy

Hi Andy glad you came along mate, nice to have an original Rushden soulie in attendance...agree with you ref. the Betty Everett track , lovely record :lol: ....also just remembered who did the other version that was released on a 45 we were trying to think of ..."Liz Damons Orient Express" cant remember the label though....see you soon mate

Hi Steve, Jem and Len,

Have to agree with all the others that this was a fantastic night, All the DJs played some fantastic tracks and that includes you Len!!!!! thumbsup.gif The crowd were so friendly, all out for one thing a good night and that's what they got.

Gad you enjoyed it your "highness" red carpet will be out next time, for you and Gloria :P:lol: ...see you both soon :wicked:

huh.gif Hi Len, great night like everyone has said, just one thing I want to know, do you know the Edwin Star track that was played that night, it was a goodin' a good uptempo, not sure on the title, not known to me? I might have it? but i know i liked it!,

Also may i say ole beans the best venue for an allnighter :rolleyes:

Tony.

Hi Tony,

Yes you may have it mate. It's the other side to 'Time' - 'Running Back and Fourth' - Great track.

Len.

Source Advert