Soulgate 2008 All-dayer July 12th

Guest taffy

Guest taffy

One month today is the 2008 Soulgate all-dayer at our now established new venue The Fishmonger Arms,Winchmore Hill Rd.Southgate N14.All dj's confirmed,20+.Look forward to seeing you all there again this year,now in it's 28th year.

post-690-1213268453_thumb.jpg

Edited by taffy
  • Replies 61
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

One month today is the 2008 Soulgate all-dayer at our now established new venue The Fishmonger Arms,Winchmore Hill Rd.Southgate N14.All dj's confirmed,20+.Look forward to seeing you all there again this year,now in it's 28th year.

Woooo Hoooooooooo! Gonna get mashed up!!

Guest Bernadette

Woooo Hoooooooooo! Gonna get mashed up!!

that makes 2 of us then :P really looking forward to this...always a great day and for a good cause :lol:

After this weekend I no longer have to work Saturdays so I can finally make it this year and experience it for myself! How fabulous - this has made my day!

Liz

Guest tony wildman

:(

taffy/toby whoever, we need at least 30 flyers ASAP, lot of people this end interested, we need to hand out flyers urgently, please get in touch.

thanks jackie & tony wildman

Guest taffy

:yes:

taffy/toby whoever, we need at least 30 flyers ASAP, lot of people this end interested, we need to hand out flyers urgently, please get in touch.

thanks jackie & tony wildman

pm'd you tone :(

Had a brilliant day last year, chilling in the sunshine, talking to friends, listening to the wonderful northern records being played in the back round and getting slowly pissed. will definitely be doing the same this year so see you all there.

Melvyn

TRYING TO PUT TOGETHER THE USUAL SCALLY WAG TOUR BUS IF ANYONE INTERESTED GET IN TOUCH WITH ME OR TAFFY TO PUT YOUR NAME DOWN ETC.

The sun always shines on the annual SOTHGATE bash..........so me thinks this is going to be good un again..

Remember folk dig deep in them pockets for the donations in memory of our late departed friend Mr Randy Cozens,without him our Southgate would not exist.......the man is still missed by us all....

Toby..

Guest Little Reg

HI TOBY & TAFF

IV'E BEEN WATEING FOR THIS ONE IV'E PUT THE DATE STREAT IN ME DARIY THIS IS THE DO I MOST LOOK FORWORD TO. SO MUCH HAS HAPPEND TO ME THIS YEAR .TOBY CAN YOU BELEVE IT WAS ONLEY A YEAR AGO WE WERE LOOKING AT MY SCRIBBLED NOTE'S WITH MIKE RITSON AND NOW THE BOOK IS OUT THEIR! ANEY WAY GUY'S REALY LOOKING FORWARD TO THE BEST DO OF THE YEAR. HO HOW I WISH I HAD MET RANDY BUT IT WASANT TO BE :( SEE YOU ALL SOON

ALL THE BEST

LITTLE REG

• 2 weeks later...

Shameless big bump up !!!!!

Come on folks this is event is a great day out full of fun ,frolics,and madness thrown in along with superb soul sounds ..

Toby..

Guest Gavin Page

Yes it certainly is a day with a diference, and a date not to be missed.....Steve

:thumbsup:

Edited by Gavin Page
Guest Gavin Page

Yes it certainly is a day with a diference, and a date not to be missed.....Steve

Looking good for a green card, which means i can play with you lot BIG time ph34r.gif:lol::thumbsup::lol:

Guest Gavin Page

Would be great to see you Gavin. Get the green card out, I have a few spares if you need one. :thumbsup:

Will give you a ring if i run out before then. laugh.gif

Guest s0ul45

There's not really any need to bump up this one Toby.

The regulars all know it's a day not to be missed. If you've not been before you're in for a treat.

No ego's, no wages, no entrance fee and all for a great cause.

Looking forward to seeing you again Pat.

Chris.

:thumbsup: Having been giving a collective ear bashing from Paul and Terry last night at CSP for not being able to attend this year I just want to underline all thats been said above. Quite simply one of the best soul days out, free to get in, great choice of music from all DJ's, friendly fun atmosphere with lots of laffs (remember that?) and quite simply a day not to be missed. The regulars, as said, know what its all about and need no enouragement, those who have never been need to get down there and experience what is truly a unique gathering. The lovely Jo Wallace can always be found 'recruiting' wink.gif in the beer gardens and I shall miss our usual witty banter and sexual inuendo. In short - Be there!
Guest vinylvixen

thumbsup.gif Having been giving a collective ear bashing from Paul and Terry last night at CSP for not being able to attend this year I just want to underline all thats been said above. Quite simply one of the best soul days out, free to get in, great choice of music from all DJ's, friendly fun atmosphere with lots of laffs (remember that?) and quite simply a day not to be missed. The regulars, as said, know what its all about and need no enouragement, those who have never been need to get down there and experience what is truly a unique gathering. The lovely Jo Wallace can always be found 'recruiting' wink.gif in the beer gardens and I shall miss our usual witty banter and sexual inuendo. In short - Be there!

ohmy.gif:lol: Oh no, Mr O....it can't be - you will be missed...send a cardboard cut out and I'll place it strategically :wicked: Can't wait - already thinking about what I'm going to play - ah yes, soul records tongue.gif It'll be good to see the great and the gorgeous under one roof and I will be shaking a bucket under everyone's nose if Caroline doesn't beat me to it wink.gif See y'all there xxxxx

Edited by vinylvixen

Sonny Croasdell-Driscoll has asked me to pass on his intention of being present this year. He would have been there last year but he was -2 months from a twinkle.

His minders Donna & Horace will also be there to keep him in line, on what he believes will be a rip-roaring day out. His bedtime is 2 am at the moment so he may need a blues to go to later.

Guest vinylvixen

His minders Donna & Horace will also be there to keep him in line, on what he believes will be a rip-roaring day out. His bedtime is 2 am at the moment so he may need a blues to go to later.

Tell Sonny to ditch the frumpy parents.....Aunty Jo take him to a few dingy shabeens with Fisher Price playcentres, Cow & Gate on tap and as many Farleys Rusks as he can gum biggrin.gif See y'all there xx

Edited by vinylvixen
Guest Little Reg

HI GUY'S REG HERE

JUST BEEN HAVING A THOUGHT ON HOW ME BOOK COULD RAISE SOME MORE MONEY FOR THE CAUSE :lol:

SO INSTEAD OF THE COVER PRICE OF £12.99 WILL SELL AND SIGN THE BOOK FOR £11.00 AND A POUND PER BOOK WILL GO IN THE FUND BUCKET HOW'S THAT

LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING EVERYONE ON THE 12th JULY

ALL THE BEST

LITTLE REG. cool.gif

Guest Kolla

DJ TIMES FOR THIS YEAR's SOULGATE* (* subject to change depending on who stays sober)

Noon to 12.30pm Little Reg

12.30pm to 1pm Terry Cozens

1pm to 1.30pm Jon Buck

1.30pm to 2pm Colin Gritt

2.00pm to 2.30pm Trickster

2.30pm to 3pm Tony Smith

3pm to 4pm Terry Jones

4.00pm to 4.30pm Tony Wildman

4.30pm to 5pm Detroit Toby

5pm to 6pm Ivor Jones & Chris Forrest

6pm to 6.30pm Tef

6.30pm to 7.15pm Steve G

7.15pm to 8pm Jo Wallace

8pm to 9pm Eddie Piller & Johnny Timlin

9pm to 10pm Ady & Donna

10pm to 10.30 Jon Farrell

10.30 to 11.00pm Val Palmer

11.00 pm to 11.30pm Nigel Flood

11.30 to 12.30 Dave Greet & Pete Wid (TBC)

12.30 to 1.00am+ Taffy

Edited by Kolla

DJ TIMES FOR THIS YEAR's SOULGATE* (* subject to change depending on who stays sober)

1pm to 1.30pm Jon Buck

2.30pm to 3pm Tony Smith

3pm to 4pm Terry Jones

6pm to 6.30pm Tef

6.30pm to 7.15pm Steve G

7.15pm to 8pm Jo Wallace

9pm to 10pm Ady & Donna

12.30 to 1.00am+ Taffy

Great balance. Only 10 days to go now yes.gif

Guest Caroline Gration

ohmy.gifsad.gif Oh no, Mr O....it can't be - you will be missed...send a cardboard cut out and I'll place it strategically :thumbup: Can't wait - already thinking about what I'm going to play - ah yes, soul records tongue.gif It'll be good to see the great and the gorgeous under one roof and I will be shaking a bucket under everyone's nose if Caroline doesn't beat me to it :lol: See y'all there xxxxx

Jo - I'm looking forward to a whole lot of bucket shaking and have been in constant training! Please join me in emptying pockets, purses and wallets! xxxx

Guest toby

I just had a call from Paul Donnely (Peterboro'),he's upset he cant make it this year but he is going to send down to me some bits and bobs of memorablia so they can be put in the raffle etc on the day........i say this is a very good gesture from this man THANKYOU PAUL..

If anyone else would like to donate anything for the raffle etc please get in contact with either Me(toby) TAFFY, Paul or Terry Cozens.

Thanks everyone

Toby..

Edited by toby
Guest Kolla

f anyone else would like to donate anything for the raffle etc please get in contact with either Me(toby) TAFFY, Paul or Terry Cozens.

God Toby, don't mention the raffle!! I recall in my very, very drunken state bidding and paying a lot of money for a picture of Mr Croasdell in a compromising set of togs (for blackmail purposes, you understand). It was only when i woke up the next morning I realised my plan was fruitless as he's worth maybe a ha'penny.

So, does anyone want to start the bid on the aforementioned picture :lol:

Guest toby

God Toby, don't mention the raffle!! I recall in my very, very drunken state bidding and paying a lot of money for a picture of Mr Croasdell in a compromising set of togs (for blackmail purposes, you understand). It was only when i woke up the next morning I realised my plan was fruitless as he's worth maybe a ha'penny.

So, does anyone want to start the bid on the aforementioned picture :lol:

:unsure::D:D go on then i'll start it at £5.00,the procedes go to great cause,mind you i'll give ya more if you keep the picture under wraps so to speak.

Toby..

Guest vinylvixen

Jo - I'm looking forward to a whole lot of bucket shaking and have been in constant training! Please join me in emptying pockets, purses and wallets! xxxx

I certainly will.... :D Really really really looking forward to this. See y'all there xxx

So, does anyone want to start the bid on the aforementioned picture wink.gif

I may have to bid myself just to destroy it!

Go ahead Mr C - I have many many copies, inc my own fave a life size one. For those who don't know what we are on about, lets just say Ady was influenced by John McEnroe in his youth for his styling tips :thumbsup:

Edited by TheBigO
Guest Little Reg

ONCE IN A LIFETIME YOU MIGHT GET TO WRITE A BOOK OR SOMETHING? :thumbsup:

ONCE IN A LIFETIME YOU MIGHT BE ASKED TO OPEN THE SOULGATE ALL-DAYER! :(

BUT TO BE ASKED TO BE THE OPENING DJ THE SECOND YEAR RUNNING IS BEYOND BELIEF! :D

AT THE SOULGATE 2006 , WHEN IT WAS HELD AT THE RISING SUN PUB I BLEW TAFFY AWAY WITH A CHOON I PLAYED CALLED TREASURE THE MOMENT BY THE PIONEERS.

EARLIER THIS YEAR I BLEW TOBY AWAY AT SOUNDS OF SOUL WITH A CHOON CALLED 'MY PROPOSAL' BY 'SOUL BRS INC'

YOU WAIT TILL YOU HEAR THE CHOON I'M GONNA OPEN SOULGATE 2008 WITH!!!!

BE THERE EARLY! AND WATCH ME BLOW THEM BOTH AWAY IN ONE HIT.

MAKE SHURE YOU HAVE PLENTY OF LOOSE CHANGE FOR THE FUND BUCKETT

ALL THE BEST

LITTLE REG :unsure:

Guest toby

Good to see you out and about last night Reg,

I dunno about blowing us away (me & Taff)you better watch out for the wind ,what with your little legs you'll have trouble keeping upright wont ya,or if you get a bigger bucket for the donations you could stand in it :lol::lol: .

Well done for being requested to open the days events for the 2nd year running mate,youll need to write up another chapter or two for your second book mate "Reg and the sins of Soulgate" vol 1.

see ya Saturday.

Toby.

Guest Gavin Page

Deffo got the Green Card - All fit after my Operation so really up for a BLOW out. Will sort out some bits from my Sales Box's for the Raffle :lol:

Guest toby

Deffo got the Green Card - All fit after my Operation so really up for a BLOW out. Will sort out some bits from my Sales Box's for the Raffle :lol:

Goody goody playtime for Gavin !!!You'll love it Gavin as always no doubt,see ya Saturday my man..

Toby..

Guest taffy

Loads of raffle prizes rolling in.If anyone would like to donate to the raffle please let me know asap-thanks.Latest news from the pub is they have installed a wooden dancefloor on the lower level.Massive feedack for this at the 100 club saturday even Winstone has promised an appearance.See you all there thumbup.gif

Morning all,

After speaking with Taffy I just wanted to mention that anyone wishing to continue the marathon soul session after SOULGATE is very welcome down at Mousetrap.

Were just a couple of miles down the road the otherside of Finsbury park near tube station.

I'll be along with some fliers during the day. Anyone with a flier from SOULGATE or a print out of this email is in half price adm. Bars open all night and were kicking everyone out 6am. Cheers Rob

Saturday 12 July 2008

Quality Northern Soul & R&B with DJ's Chris Dale (Scenesville), Lee Miller,

Callum (Pow Wow), Rowly, Jay & Dr Robert

Information about the event can be found at:

www.newuntouchables.com

www.myspace.com/the_newuntouchables

When? Saturday 12 July 2008, 10pm-6am

Where? Orleans, 259 Seven Sisters Road, Finsbury Park, London N4 (1min walk from bus, tube and train)

l_26b7bfde2438fc4fbbed6e515d786fbb.jpg

1pm to 1.30pm Jon Buck

2.30pm to 3pm Tony Smith

3pm to 4pm Terry Jones

6pm to 6.30pm Tef

6.30pm to 7.15pm Steve G

7.15pm to 8pm Jo Wallace

9pm to 10pm Ady & Donna

12.30 to 1.00am+ Taffy

Have a cracking day fellas !!!

Is Mr Greet and the Widd going to attend?

Who know's Gavin whats in the little black magic box ?? :thumbsup: If the "Widd" shows it will be mayhem all the way and you know it :thumbup: .

Not long to go now Gavin and boys are out to play....

Toby..

Guest Caroline Gration

...and outside too :thumbup:

Especially if Caroline is shaking her bucket again :thumbsup:

Not very charitable of you Mr Steve! Dig deep baby!

Oh..... I'm so excited! I just can't hide it! ! I'm about to lose control - and I think I like it! or something like that.

I can't wait, this is one of my favourite soul events ever! In the world! So many people you don't see anymore! (Thank Lord.)

A thoroughly brilliant day in the Banana Republic of Southgate .... and everyone truly up for it. Come along! It's a piss up and it's free!

As I've self appointing myself as charity bucket worker for the day, I've been practising running round B&Q with a slight stoop carrying oversized plastic paint tubs in anticipation.

Let's give it laldy!

Caroline x

Source Advert