Ganches 40th Bithday Party

well its1.21am...and we are back at nises,s house, the party,s still going on and on and on !!!!!!!!!!!!

havin a brilliant time , and so honered to get the chance to share the nite with one of the sweetest girls on the soul scene that I know.bearsey.s on the decks at the momment, and the front room is packed with good people and good friends,WE LOVE YOU DENISE.you went to a lot of trouble to-nite to put on a grand soul nite at the club, and we enjoyed every second of it, so a big thankyou for all your hard work, so keep on keeping on, because thats what its all about, having a birthady with your freinds and family, and it,s been a fantastic nite, with our party hats and poppers ect.lovin it, sure there is loads of photo,s to go up, cant wait to see them!! :( hey wheres my curry nise shout.gif

• Replies 65
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I finally got home at 5.30AM and Bearsy had just stopped DJing!!!

Good on ya, roughly a 4 hour spot and not one repeat, altho it did get a tat silly when "Friggin' in the riggin' came on... :(

I don't think Denise will be fit to type for a long time, so I'm gunna say BIG thank you to the friends who made the effort to come along and help her celebrate.

My feet were so sore from dancing, I had to take pain killers half way thru the night...

I was well hungry by the time we got back to Denise's and looking forward to her home made curry and leak & potato soup...

I made the BIG mistake of letting Charlie near the pans first...

Who ate all the pies... :ohmy:

I'll have to wait till she makes some more...

We've managed to get through 2 weekends of our marathon of soul events...onwards and upwards, Rugby next week... :ohmy:

with round three of Denise' birthday celebrations.

Me, Stevie G, Mr & Mrs Topsoulcat had an absolute ball last night.

We were in the company of one of the most friendly & welcoming bunch of people we have ever met.

The venue was great, the music spot on & Denise had gone to so much trouble for the after party, marquee in the back garden, decks in the front room, the food was gorgeous, but hey you had to be quick for it, some people looked like they hadnt eaten for a week :(:lol:

Denise, we all love you to bits, hope you had a great time, when we left you were just starting on a huge bottle of sambucka, hows your head this morning hun?

Mark, what a lovely way to say ta ra to me :ohmy::(

Will put the piccies up in the gallery now & gunna try my upmost to get to the niter on Saturday :ohmy:

Kx

Oh bugger now you tell us there was food. Didnt make the after party after having a hectic day looking at sheep at the East of England show. (I must really love my mum!) and living through two weekenders in a fortnight my bounce has gone. I was absolutely starving too.

Lovely times with the best of people.

Shall we do it again next week?

xxxxxxxxxx

Glad you all had a fab time helping Denise to celebrate her 40th...the piccies look great....wished i could have been there.....trust all you SSLAAS ladies were very well behaved. :yes: ..and Kirsty....Mark has got quite unique way of saying goodbye whistling.gif ..... anyway i agree Cat and Sian....it is a stonking idea to celebrate round 3 at Ruggers next weekend.....Delxxxxx

Glad you all had a fab time helping Denise to celebrate her 40th...the piccies look great....wished i could have been there.....trust all you SSLAAS ladies were very well behaved. shades.gif ..and Kirsty....Mark has got quite unique way of saying goodbye whistling.gif ..... anyway i agree Cat and Sian....it is a stonking idea to celebrate round 3 at Ruggers next weekend.....Delxxxxx

It's a good job someone remembered to take a camera.

I forgot mine, and my contribution to the after party food was mini chocolate eclairs, they are still in my freezer... :yes:

Guest soul kitten

well we took the Kirsty express down to Rugby to help celebrate the lovely Denise's birthday and so glad we did ,was well worth the g force journey ,don't think Kirsty cars functions under 85miles/per hour laugh.gif

what a fantastic bunch of people so welcoming and friendly unfortunately Steve cant remember anyones names except they "all end in ey " rolleyes.gif

had a great time and a great party after-wards .

thanks to everyone ,Mark ,Bearsy ,Kylee ,Sian ,Catriona ,Simsy ,Tabs ,Woody and Lou and Mr and Mrs Rimmer and everyone else we ve forgotten (sorry)

and especially the Birthday girl who looked lovely in her purple sparkly dress,which she managed to keep up ,only just :yes:

if any of you fancy a trip up north ,you're more than welcome at ours ,not at once obviously unsure.gif

Edited by soul kitten

What a top night this was. Really enjoyed myself, good people and good music, finished off with some potato and Leek Soup and Vegtable curry at Denise's.

Had to laugh, when we arrived I put my record box on the stage and within, literally, seconds, Sian had me working, and then at the end of the night I found myself humping bloody great speakers out to the van. How does she do that ?

As I didn't have a record stall to sit behind I fear I might have over indulged in the beer slightly which resulted in me sleeping most of the way home in the backseat of Woody's car.

Let's do it all again next week laugh.gif

Margie's got loads of pictures to upload later on.

GOT TO SAY WHAT A GREAT NIGHT WE HAD,WE KNEW IT WAS GONNA BE MAD AND IT LIVED UP TO ITS PROMISE.THANKS TO DENIECE FOR ASKING ME TO PLAY A FEW ,WHICH I WAS HONOURED,THANKS ALSO TO KYLEE AND SIAN WHO MADE THE EVENING FLOW.GOT TO GIVE IT TO BEARSY,THAT GUY,S ENTHUSIASM IS SECOND TO NONE.

Guest Trevski

well we took the Kirsty express down to Rugby to help celebrate the lovely Denise's birthday and so glad we did ,was well worth the g force journey ,don't think Kirsty cars functions under 85miles/per hour :lol:

what a fantastic bunch of people so welcoming and friendly unfortunately Steve cant remember anyones names except they "all end in ey " rolleyes.gif

had a great time and a great party after-wards .

thanks to everyone ,Mark ,Bearsy ,Kylee ,Sian ,Catriona ,Simsy ,Tabs ,Woody and Lou and Mr and Mrs Rimmer and everyone else we ve forgotten (sorry)

and especially the Birthday girl who looked lovely in her purple sparkly dress,which she managed to keep up ,only just :ohmy:

if any of you fancy a trip up north ,you're more than welcome at ours ,not at once obviously :ohmy:

Didn't know you guys were going to ganch's party! The Rugby crowd are a lovely bunch of folks, Hope you did York proud! wink.gif Sorry I couldn't make it Denise, will make it up to you later.. :no: Hope you all had a fantabulosa nite! See you soon hunny, XX

Sounds like you all had one hell of a night...sorry I coudnt make it, hows all of you heads today..sore laugh.gif

Hope to see you all again sometime soon though.

xx

well its1.21am...and we are back at nises,s house, the party,s still going on and on and on !!!!!!!!!!!!

havin a brilliant time , and so honered to get the chance to share the nite with one of the sweetest girls on the soul scene that I know.bearsey.s on the decks at the momment, and the front room is packed with good people and good friends,WE LOVE YOU DENISE.you went to a lot of trouble to-nite to put on a grand soul nite at the club, and we enjoyed every second of it, so a big thankyou for all your hard work, so keep on keeping on, because thats what its all about, having a birthady with your freinds and family, and it,s been a fantastic nite, with our party hats and poppers ect.lovin it, sure there is loads of photo,s to go up, cant wait to see them!! :ohmy: hey wheres my curry nise shout.gif

So very well said Mrs Soul.. thumbsup.gif

Just back, had a brilliant time! Thanks to Denise for giving me and Kylee a couple of go's behind the decks, we had a ball!

Superb spots from Woody, Lou, Super Dave Rimmer, The Bear and of course Neice, the birthday girl. Good to see Kirsty, Topsoulcat, Sian, our Ken, Moggy & Mrs Moggy, Johnny Fingers and everbody else.. Fantastic venue and a great atmos all night, sorry we couldn't stay later at the afters..

Next week .... Rugby, that's just 6 short sleeps away! Werhoo.. :ohmy:

Sounds like a fabtastic time was had by all! (& the piccies prove it!) Nice one Neice,hope to celebrate part 3 with you at Rugger on Sat (after a party locally....its all go at our (old) age aint it eh? tongue.gif )

XXX

First I would like to say thank you Denise for inviting me to your 40th years young birthday party! Nice to see your family and friends all enjoying themselves on the night. Great set of tunes by the boys and girls who were dj'ing. Great R&B spot by Lou. Thanks for the invite after back to your house. Great fun getting all the food on the go on the cooker. I see Pete Robinson took over, well you know what they say, too many cooks in the Kitchen. Great tunes being played by Bearsy on the decks in your front room. Nice to meet the lads and girls from Leeds. Top people! Had a great night, some good laughs but thought it was time to go in the early hours. When the bottle of Sambuca came out. Hope you haven't got too much of a hang over and everybody left the place tidy. smile.gif Just like to add great set by Dave Rimmer, Woody, Lou, Ian, Kylie and of course your good self.

Take care.

Charlie Mc

First I would like to say thank you Denise for inviting me to your 40th years young birthday party! Nice to see your family and friends all enjoying themselves on the night. Great set of tunes by the boys and girls who were dj'ing. Great R&B spot by Lou. Thanks for the invite after back to your house. Great fun getting all the food on the go on the cooker. I see Pete Robinson took over, well you know what they say, too many cooks in the Kitchen. Great tunes being played by Bearsy on the decks in your front room. Nice to meet the lads and girls from Leeds. Top people! Had a great night, some good laughs but thought it was time to go in the early hours. When the bottle of Sambuca came out. Hope you haven't got too much of a hang over and everybody left the place tidy. :no: Just like to add great set by Dave Rimmer, Woody, Lou, Ian, Kylie and of course your good self.

Take care.

Charlie Mc

Hello all - cant remember any of this - you sure it was me? And where did the bottle of sambuca come from? :yes: Thanks to every last one of you for coming - I think I had a great time. :thumbsup: Am still drunk for some reason! :shades: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Guest Mrs Simsy

Hello all - cant remember any of this - you sure it was me? And where did the bottle of sambuca come from? wub.gif Thanks to every last one of you for coming - I think I had a great time. :thumbsup: Am still drunk for some reason! :shades: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thats our girl! :D

Had a fab time! Music was great & it was funny watching my 12 year old brother trying to teach one of my uncles to dance! :no: It also caused much amusement when Mr Fingers i believe mistook my stepdad & uncle for soulies & asked them if they were going to Burnley after the party. They were most upset when their lift went without them! :no:

Missed the soup because a certain someone (Marrs Bar Pete!!) had 3 bowls of it! :yes: Aah well, Neice i shall be popping over in the week, can you make me some please? :D

Happy 40th year to a great aunty & one of my best friends! We love you. :wub:

xxx

It was a strange weekend for me.......I was working in Gloucestershire for the weekend so I came up from there and driving and having to work the next day kinda meant I had to be more restrained than my usual self.......(well on the drinking front.......) But I had a great time.......for the usual soul night reasons, meeting new people, (you ken arf talk Topsoulcat!) :yes: hearing some great new sounds and catching up with great old friends and great newer friends! It's a testament to Denise's pulling power that people had travelled from as far away as York and Kent!! :thumbsup:

Denise and the Rugby girls are some of the nicest, welcoming, friendly and genuine people you could want to meet in life in general, not just on the soul scene and it was a pleasure to be at Denise's celebration of her new life. (yep, it really does begin at 40!)

Hoping to get to the Nighter for part three next week, but as Delasoul has pointed out, it's all go in your 40's I've been invited to three party's next Saturday so am going to have to do some extreme planning......... :shades::no:

Thats our girl! biggrin.gif

Had a fab time! Music was great & it was funny watching my 12 year old brother trying to teach one of my uncles to dance! :yes: It also caused much amusement when Mr Fingers i believe mistook my stepdad & uncle for soulies & asked them if they were going to Burnley after the party. They were most upset when their lift went without them! :no:

Missed the soup because a certain someone (Marrs Bar Pete!!) had 3 bowls of it! :shades: Aah well, Neice i shall be popping over in the week, can you make me some please? :wub:

Happy 40th year to a great aunty & one of my best friends! We love you. :no:

xxx

Two bowls actually!!!!!!, which i think i was entitled to seeing how i stood stirring and chopping the potatoes to bitesize pieces for 20 mins ( leek and potato) bloody good stuff , i take it you didn't get any then K, i'm sure she'll do you a special in the week. Still me and 'Tony the tan' enjoy the evening and would like to come next month. :thumbsup: Pete

Guest Bearsy

Well what can i say :D

I had an absolute blinding night and a bloody good laugh along the way too :D wasnt meant to be drinking cos i had every intention of driving home after but 1 pint led to quite a few more and the next thing i know im a bit wobbly so loads of drink etc to get me through the night and into the early hours of the morning and very early hours it was too :thumbsup:

It was a great honour to of been asked to dj by Denise and we ended up doing an hour of double decking which was quite a laugh as Denise had already drunk half of Rugby dry by the time we started playing but we got through it and enjoyed all the other djs playing some cracking stuff so musically it was superb :lol: so Kylee, Simsy, Lou, Woody, Dave and not forgetiing Denise thanks for some great tuneage :thumbsup:

it was great to see Kirsty, Steve, Steve and Sharon form oop norf top people indeed and Maark, Tabs, Sian, Margie Ken, Fingers etc etc etc ooh and mr and mrs Moggy and anyone else i may of forgot :thumbup:

the after show party was quite a good crack too and what seemed like only an hour or so obviously wasnt cos before i realised it was nearly 6am and i was still playingh tunes to the few remaining nutters that couldnt sleep either :wicked: so all in all a great nigth and an honour to of been their for a great girl and great friend Denise so see you in 10 years for the big 50 :thumbup:

Bearsy

Guest Mrs Simsy

Two bowls actually!!!!!!, which i think i was entitled to seeing how i stood stirring and chopping the potatoes to bitesize pieces for 20 mins ( leek and potato) bloody good stuff , i take it you didn't get any then K, i'm sure she'll do you a special in the week. Still me and 'Tony the tan' enjoy the evening and would like to come next month. :thumbsup: Pete

Oops sorry Pete, you only had TWO bowls whilst i had NONE! :thumbup: Whats happening next month? :lol:

I ALSO HAD YOUR BOWL OF SOUP, :D YUM YUM

:thumbsup::wicked:

Greedy blinker! :thumbup:

Well what can i say

I had an absolute blinding night and a bloody good laugh along the way too wasnt meant to be drinking cos i had every intention of driving home after but 1 pint led to quite a few more and the next thing i know im a bit wobbly so loads of drink etc to get me through the night and into the early hours of the morning and very early hours it was too

It was a great honour to of been asked to dj by Denise and we ended up doing an hour of double decking which was quite a laugh as Denise had already drunk half of Rugby dry by the time we started playing but we got through it and enjoyed all the other djs playing some cracking stuff so musically it was superb :D so Kylee, Simsy, Lou, Woody, Dave and not forgetiing Denise thanks for some great tuneage :lol:

it was great to see Kirsty, Steve, Steve and Sharon form oop norf top people indeed and Maark, Tabs, Sian, Margie Ken, Fingers etc etc etc ooh and mr and mrs Moggy and anyone else i may of forgot

the after show party was quite a good crack too and what seemed like only an hour or so obviously wasnt cos before i realised it was nearly 6am and i was still playingh tunes to the few remaining nutters that couldnt sleep either so all in all a great nigth and an honour to of been their for a great girl and great friend Denise so see you in 10 years for the big 50

Bearsy

bearsey,s I love your enthusasuim, yes I think we are both as mad as each other ,records I mean :lol: for gods sake dont put a play list up, it will take forever, only joking,did you mananage to play all your 300 tunes, and what great taste you have aswell, thanks mr fingers for the drinkypops, bet that was an expensive round :P mr rimmer decided to play his marackas all the home in the care , till he fell asleep, and that photo, will be used at a later date, Maggie I cant believe you put that photo up of me :( had a bostin head ache next day, far too much to drink, curry was great, but the company was even better, but have decided to start wearing my seeing glasses, because only notice some people like maark, when I looked at my photo,s, so if I did not say hi to anybody , its not because I,m ignorant, I just cant see you :lol: thanks for a brilliant sat nite, good company and really good people, hope you know we are planing your 50th already nise :lol:

bearsey,s I love your enthusasuim, yes I think we are both as mad as each other ,records I mean :( for gods sake dont put a play list up, it will take forever, only joking,did you mananage to play all your 300 tunes, and what great taste you have aswell, thanks mr fingers for the drinkypops, bet that was an expensive round :lol: mr rimmer decided to play his marackas all the home in the care , till he fell asleep, and that photo, will be used at a later date, Maggie I cant believe you put that photo up of me :lol: had a bostin head ache next day, far too much to drink, curry was great, but the company was even better, but have decided to start wearing my seeing glasses, because only notice some people like maark, when I looked at my photo,s, so if I did not say hi to anybody , its not because I,m ignorant, I just cant see you :lol: thanks for a brilliant sat nite, good company and really good people, hope you know we are planing your 50th already nise :D

Ive found a great photo on my phone which I'll post up later and am dying to see Maaaarks. (photos that is)

Thanks again you guys for making my birthday special. I love you all! (but not in that way!) :lol:

Ive found a great photo on my phone which I'll post up later and am dying to see Maaaarks. (photos that is)

Thanks again you guys for making my birthday special. I love you all! (but not in that way!) :yes:

Oh and I forgot to say - my teenager and his mates had a brilliant time (although they had said they may not stop long!) and said they can see why I go on about my mates all the time cos theyre great!! Ahhhh. Obviously theyve now gone back to grunting at me when theyre hungry!! rolleyes.gif They also said they expected Bearsy to be a big fat man!! :thumbsup:

Oh and I forgot to say - my teenager and his mates had a brilliant time (although they had said they may not stop long!) and said they can see why I go on about my mates all the time cos theyre great!! Ahhhh. Obviously theyve now gone back to grunting at me when theyre hungry!! rolleyes.gif They also said they expected Bearsy to be a big fat man!! :yes:

Glad they were'nt disappointed!! :thumbsup::thumbup:

Thanks again you guys for making my birthday special. I love you all! (but not in that way!) laugh.gif

Well Denise, Bearsy and me did offer, as an extra special birthday present like.......... :thumbsup::yes:

Oh and I forgot to say - my teenager and his mates had a brilliant time (although they had said they may not stop long!) and said they can see why I go on about my mates all the time cos theyre great!! Ahhhh. Obviously theyve now gone back to grunting at me when theyre hungry!! :yes: They also said they expected Bearsy to be a big fat man!! :thumbsup:

Thanks for a great night Denise, how could i not enjoy myself when im with such a bunch of people.

Have you looked at my pictures in the albums section, there is a lovely one of you with the boys who i must say are nothing like their mom :lol: , i will get one printed off for you and bring it with me on Saturday, when i come up to Rugby for the do Sian is putting on to celebrate my birthday which is on the following Monday whistling.gif:thumbup: ....

margie x x

Guest Cariad

Hi all, time for me to say wot a top night, must have been, as my feet were soooooooooooooo sore sunday!

I did manage to secure a small saucer of soup, (Charlie and Tabs together, talk about cats guarding their food)

I also remember ignoring the 'Leek' puns........ :thumbsup:

Looking forward to next Sat (nothing to do with the choc eclairs, honest)......

Photos only tell half the story............no one could find the camera to take pic of Maark with his new pal snuggled up asleep on Neices sofa for most of of the after party, laugh.gif:yes: