• Replies 34
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest rosemary

JUT GOT IN FROM BURNLEY. WHAT A WONDERFUL NIGHT.

THANKS TO PHIL AND THE OTHER DJ'S FOR THE FANTASTIC MUSIC PLAYED.

KARL, YOUR SPOT FLEW OVER,BRILLIANT AS ALWAYS.

FRED, THANKS FOR PLAYING AMERICAN GIRL.

WILLIE,SUSAN AND EDDIE THANKS FOR THE COMPANY.

PAT.

Hi Phil,

THANK YOU for such a brilliant, fantastic, superb night at the Bat Club......

the music was awesome all night :yes: , every DJ just hit the 'right spot' for me.....thank you.

And a big thank you to Sue for taking me and Kyle........

Lovely to see Col and Karen, Penny and Stuart, Big Mick, Willy, Pat, Ray and Denise, and Mr Fearnhead smile.gif

Rosemary rolleyes.gif

My first time at Burnley,great nite ,great room.Nice to be in such good company(and you Mr.Darcy biggrin.gif ,only joking).

Killa,followed by Cliff Camfield,Ted Massey,Karl Heard,Phil Kolowski.......= dancefloor action.

It was somebody's rolleyes.gif birthday and the champers was flowing,cakes on offer as well..IN BURNLEY :yes: .

Got my ear chewed off my a Scottish lassie and her hubby,,,,,can't remember his name...........

Only problem is we will be back,sorry. laugh.gif .

Guest gordon russell

wey hey what a top night at the burnley allnighter..........as always playing the music you love,this crowd don't tell you they love the music...THEY SHOW YOU.Not gonna bang on with great crowd,music,djs ect ect,just to say it's places like burnley that after nearly 40 yrs of allnight disco's keep it vibrant and fresh.Ted Massey it's fair to say was a tad nervous,but he'd done his groundwork,he offered to play my all time fav tune THE DEL LARKS,but even though it's my fav of all time I don't want to hear it every time I go out and certainly not at burnley.His spot was v/good,only one downer I asked him for the EARLS....and we got bobby kline errgh!!.to which I was derided for asking for it lol......So folks if you get fed up at one do or another thinking (I WISH THEY'D PLAY SOMETHING DIFFERANT ,BUT THEY NEVER DO ) burnleys your venue. Just like to add great carpet,great chairs and lovely friendly curtains....A GREAT NIGHT YET AGAIN

TEZZA :D

Guest gordon russell

Tottally gutted that I was forced to miss this, sounds brilliant as per usual.........won't miss the next one tho' :ohmy: Roll on July........bring it on yes.gif

na na ....na ...na na lol :ohmy:

Guest frenchie

Brilliant night as usual. Superb music from walking in to leaving - which we had to do reluctantly at 5ish- of course I was never off the dance floor much but for me every tune hit a spot.. Great to see everyone as usual and as I said to Cliff the reason this place stands out from other venues is that it has class all the way through. :D

After there was a bit of twittering about some of the music last month, I was a bit apprehensive about it and also the attendence as there was another two alnighter's and load's of other soul do's on.

I should'nt have worried as the old girl came up trump's, WOW what a outstanding night, one of the best i've been to in all the year's i've been going there. You could see and feel the enjoyment that all of the crowd were having, the atmosphere was electric, I was chuffed by the amount of folk who turned up, nice to see some new face's there as well, and it was great to see all the happy grin's at the end of the night :ohmy: .

Did not hear a bad tune all night, all of the dj's played blinding set's, upfront 60's soul, the music had a great flow and balance to it from start to finish, awesome stuff :ohmy: .

Just a mention (Phil's too much of a gent to say anything). One of the dj's 10pm-11pm turned up late, as he did the last time, com'on it start's at 10.00pm for god's sake, he should be there 15-20 min's before the start, played 45min's, got paid by the promoter and then had the cheek to tell him he's going to Keele, 'disgusting mate' :no:ph34r.gif .

This place is No 1 in my book :lol: .

Kev, thank's for the company on the journey, top man wink.gif . Pat, Susan, Eddie, thank's for your great company wink.gif .

Phil, keep at it, well done mate thumbsup.gif .

Willie

Edited by Soulgrit
Guest gordon russell

After there was a bit of twittering about some of the music last month, I was a bit apprehensive about it and also the attendence as there was another two alnighter's and load's of other soul do's on.

I should'nt have worried as the old girl came up trump's, WOW what a outstanding night, one of the best i've been to in all the year's i've been going there. You could see and feel the enjoyment that all of the crowd were having, the atmosphere was electric, I was chuffed by the amount of folk who turned up, nice to see some new face's there as well, and it was great to see all the happy grin's at the end of the night.

Did not hear a bad tune all night, all of the dj's played blinding set's, upfront 60's soul, the music had a great flow and balance to it all night, awesome stuff.

Just a mention (Phil's too much of a gent to say anything). One of the dj's 10pm-11pm turned up late, as he did the last time, com'on it start's at 10.00pm for god's sake, he should be there 15-20 min's before the start, played 45min's, got paid by the promoter and then had the cheek to tell him he's going to Keele, 'disgusting mate'.

This place is No 1 in my book.

Phil, keep at it, well done mate.

Willie

what a cheek..........why would he want to dj at burnley then f88k off to another nighter WANNA BE I expect....funny a lot of these djs beg spots at burnley cause they want to say '' yeh i've djed at burnley''........but they don't want to enjoy the night there.they're never as good as the residents anyway. angry.gif

Brilliant night as usual. Superb music from walking in to leaving - which we had to do reluctantly at 5ish- of course I was never off the dance floor much but for me every tune hit a spot.. Great to see everyone as usual and as I said to Cliff the reason this place stands out from other venues is that it has class all the way through. biggrin.gif

:ohmy::ohmy: the people the place the music the atmosphere ,,,,,,my kind of night plus gentleman ted...if it gets better let me know and ill be there,,,, :lol::no:

Brilliant night as usual. Superb music from walking in to leaving - which we had to do reluctantly at 5ish- of course I was never off the dance floor much but for me every tune hit a spot.. Great to see everyone as usual and as I said to Cliff the reason this place stands out from other venues is that it has class all the way through. :ohmy:

wow!!! what a top top night thumbup.gif the atmosphere was spine tingling, can't wait for the next one

Guest gordon russell

wow!!! what a top top night thumbup.gif the atmosphere was spine tingling, can't wait for the next one

you never told me your spine was tingling.......when was that?

Guest gordon russell

biggrin.gif:ohmy:the people the place the music the atmosphere ,,,,,,my kind of night plus gentleman ted...if it gets better let me know and ill be there,,,, :ohmy::lol:

hello mate just played the cd of dewy to the missus......said she did'nt like ..all sorted now though shes under the patio :no:

Guest gfarrington

what a cheek..........why would he want to dj at burnley then f88k off to another nighter WANNA BE I expect....funny a lot of these djs beg spots at burnley cause they want to say '' yeh i've djed at burnley''........but they don't want to enjoy the night there.they're never as good as the residents anyway. angry.gif

To be fair to the said dj , he played some great stuff, as for going to keele ,maybe force of habit or divided loyalties ? dont think he misses keele normally. on a lighter note linda has asked me to say thanks to everybody who helped celebrate her birthday & especially to phil & the kestral management for allowing her to bring the champange & food in

Guest dovesong

what a cheek..........why would he want to dj at burnley then f88k off to another nighter WANNA BE I expect....funny a lot of these djs beg spots at burnley cause they want to say '' yeh i've djed at burnley''........but they don't want to enjoy the night there.they're never as good as the residents anyway. :thumbsup:

I'VE SPOKEN TO THE DJ BEING DISCUSSED HERE,I WAS IN THE SAME MIND AS YOU LOT.OK KEELE WAS ON,BUT TO LEAVE BURNLEY AS SOON AS PHILL PAYED HIM,WHERE DOES HIS LOYALTIES LIE

Guest gordon russell

I'VE SPOKEN TO THE DJ BEING DISCUSSED HERE,I WAS IN THE SAME MIND AS YOU LOT.OK KEELE WAS ON,BUT TO LEAVE BURNLEY AS SOON AS PHILL PAYED HIM,WHERE DOES HIS LOYALTIES LIE

to tell phil that he was off to keele ..to boot...THAT IS TAKING THE PISS........will he be on again I WONDER? thmbdn.gif

Hello all, please don't have a go at the guy that left early.....I asked him to do a spot, not the other way round......he didn't tell me he was going to Keele, someone else did.....he may well have had a very good reason for leaving early, I don't know......but I would hate to think that anyone was at Burnley because they felt they had to be......I certainly don't want any bad feeling....lifes too short.....I just can't believe that anyone would rather be at Keele than Burnley. :wicked::thumbsup::thumbup:

Thank you all for making my Saturday night really enjoyable....great people and great music.....Linda really pushed the boat out for her birthday. What a spread....I hope you had a good time sweetheart, and many thanks to you and Gary for all your stirling work....

On another thread on here, a few people suggested that we should all go bi-monthly.....from a personal point of view, it wouldn't be worth my while...I live for this nighter, and so do some of the other residents...the time, money and commitment that is required to try and keep it fresh musically, and to keep investing in equipment to hopefully improve is very hard.....I feel that at my age, every nighter could be my last......I'd like to do it every 2 weeks, but that's not possible....It's six bloody weeks till the next one, :thumbup: don't know what I'm gonna do. :D

I have not heard from anyone about the bunch of keys, and the pair of glasses that were left on the stage on Saturday night......somebody must have missed them. :thumbsup::lol:

Phil.

Hello all, please don't have a go at the guy that left early.....I asked him to do a spot, not the other way round......he didn't tell me he was going to Keele, someone else did.....he may well have had a very good reason for leaving early, I don't know......but I would hate to think that anyone was at Burnley because they felt they had to be......I certainly don't want any bad feeling....lifes too short.....I just can't believe that anyone would rather be at Keele than Burnley. :wicked::thumbsup::thumbup:

Thank you all for making my Saturday night really enjoyable....great people and great music.....Linda really pushed the boat out for her birthday. What a spread....I hope you had a good time sweetheart, and many thanks to you and Gary for all your stirling work....

On another thread on here, a few people suggested that we should all go bi-monthly.....from a personal point of view, it wouldn't be worth my while...I live for this nighter, and so do some of the other residents...the time, money and commitment that is required to try and keep it fresh musically, and to keep investing in equipment to hopefully improve is very hard.....I feel that at my age, every nighter could be my last......I'd like to do it every 2 weeks, but that's not possible....It's six bloody weeks till the next one, :thumbup: don't know what I'm gonna do. :D

I have not heard from anyone about the bunch of keys, and the pair of glasses that were left on the stage on Saturday night......somebody must have missed them. :thumbsup::lol:

Phil.

don't know what I'm gonna do. :D Fishing ?

TOP NIGHT, U DO UR SELF PROUD PHIL KARL AND TED OUT STANDING FOR ME WELL WORTH 600 MILE ROUND TRIP.

BILLY

I was also in the car for that marathon journey, so first of all "Thanks Billy" for the lift - you never moan about the distance and are a credit to the scene.

Secondly, it was totally worth a 12 hour round journey. When we arrived it was fairly quiet but by 12.00 the place had filled up nicely and the dance floor was full from then until the end. Absolutely top notch music - plenty of "what's this - it's brill" and some top oldies and 70s thrown into the mix.

I love this venue - Northern Soul in yer face - the way it should be! The promoter, Phil, is a totally genuine bloke and simply does this for his, and our, enjoyment.

"I'll be back !!"

Mark C

Guest BigPaul

got to agree it wer F**kn top Draw :lol:

all the Protaganists played top sets :lol:

Dancefloor packed allnite :D

Thanx for the kind words Billy :(

Regards

Paul

PS will be back very very soon :lol:

Had a fantastic time the crowd were brilliant, sorry i forgot the Earls terry will play it a Rugby for you. Johnny Fingers and Ken coming all the way up thats dedication for you

Ted you found that burnley groove ,right from the off mate top man , one of the best guest spots for me ever at burnley!!!! up there with Tony parkers spot!!!!

numbers were down but we knew they would be with keele on but it was a very very relaxed nighter , from the first dj to the last dj the music just flowed all night and the dance floor was full all night!!! an up for it crowd just what you need at a nighter

and like ken says lighten up, after all he did play some nice tunes!!!! :lol::lol: k

missed it, ohmy.gif sounds like linda had a great birthday nite.............couldnt be any other way at the bat cave. i personally quite like it only half full as it seems a really nice atmosphere when theres room to move,hope to get to the net one, ezzie :yes:

great to hear my main man TED rocked the house!!!!!!!!!!! top man!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by ezzie brown
Guest Stuart Raith

90 views for Keele nighter on events lookback, 900 views for Burnley... what can I say ;-))

Phil - relax mate... esoteric soul rules ok ;-)))

It's what made the scene.

Raithy

Had a fantastic time the crowd were brilliant, sorry i forgot the Earls terry will play it a Rugby for you. Johnny Fingers and Ken coming all the way up thats dedication for you

YOU, Ted, were ONE of the reasons we determined to steal ourselves away from Ganches 40th celebrations in Rugby (although our evening would certainly have been memorable, anyway, had we stayed put at young Denise's birthday bash). Whilst also managing to obtain two further passengers - in the shapes of Fudge & his good lady, Tina, for the onward journey northward to Burnley.

You are one of a very, very 'select' (Fingers size) handful of DJ's I would (and do) make a point of travelling (to most any place) when deejaying Ted - to both witness and show support. In the knowledge that you AIN'T (ever, thus far..) gonna disappoint !! Another of that same 'Elite', is...

Killa !! who was reason number TWO - although (unfortunately) we arrived too late to hear ANY of his set !! A great pity.. as I was hoping to bear witness to the 'Debut Spin' of my (brilliant) 'Four Tops' cover-up Killa played as the last record of his Set.

It does become very stressful on some weekends - due to there being two, possibly even three sometimes, worthwhile promotions on at the SAME time - and I want to go to ALL of them.. but can't !! Best compromise being just as we achieved this night.. first, went to Denise's gig (and from the off, too - to savour as much as was possible) before we HAD to make tracks - due to the time constraints of the distance involved to our next destination.

And just WHY, exactly, did we go to such great length's ?? Well.. that leads me nicely into the THIRD reason for our regular 'Philgrimage' !! (d'ya like that one, Phil ?? I even impressed MESELF with that clever little demonstration of play on words.. uh huh, Yep.. - I DID !!). yes.gif

It's all quite SIMPLE, really.. 'cos "IT'S BURNLEY !!" That's why !! SEE ?? 'NUFF SAID' !!

I don't even have to post any sort of lengthy 'Venue Report', either.. 'cos 'IT'S BURNLEY', innit !! That's ALL that needs saying - other than deserved praise, respect and (in a nice way) jealousy of the Guest DJ's mentioned above. The regular Jocks ?? 'IT'S BURNLEY', INNIT !!

"NUFF SAID.."

Fingers.. shades.gif

Killa !! who was reason number TWO - although (unfortunately) we arrived too late to hear ANY of his set !! A great pity.. as I was hoping to bear witness to the 'Debut Spin' of my (brilliant) 'Four Tops' cover-up Killa played as the last record of his Set.

Cats out the bag,Killa seen here clutching his/Fingers new cover-uppost-1986-1213675054.jpg

I was ok till the yella' writing. tongue.gif

Edited by ken
  • 3 months later...

Hi Phil,

THANK YOU for such a brilliant, fantastic, superb night at the Bat Club......

the music was awesome all night :D , every DJ just hit the 'right spot' for me.....thank you.

And a big thank you to Sue for taking me and Kyle........

Lovely to see Col and Karen, Penny and Stuart, Big Mick, Willy, Pat, Ray and Denise, and Mr Fearnhead :ohmy:

Rosemary :D

me ???????????