Jean Carter - I'll Bet You

Guest MattB

Guest MattB

I know this is the hardest version of the record, i've seen a few of the billy butler version floating around.

Whats the value of it and how hard is it to come by?

Thanks as always

Matt

Social source share

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Sold one about a Month ago for £100, surprised how many people didn't know it, always considered it a bit of an oldie from Stafford, but seemingly not, didn't Guy have "Love Hangover" covered up as Gwen Owens or somebody??

Des Parker

Edited by SOUL.INC
Social source share

Sold one about a Month ago for £100, surprised how many people didn't know it, always considered it a bit of an oldie from Stafford, but seemingly not, didn't Guy have "Love Hangover" covered up as Gwen Owens or somebody??

Des Parker

Yes he did have it covered up, don't think it was Gwen Owens though.

Lorraine Rudolph maybe?

Where's Chalky when you need him?

CHALKY....! shout.gifbiggrin.gif

Social source share

Let's just make one up Joan, in the scale of things it's not that important "Little Yvonne Jones & the Deltours" that sounds very "Guy" don't you think

Des Parker

P.S. In a very run down record store in the U.S. a few Weeks ago, stacked with dusty old "45's" and there's a Northern Soul compilation for sale, with Pete Lawson on the front cover - poetic.

Social source share

Let's just make one up Joan, in the scale of things it's not that important "Little Yvonne Jones & the Deltours" that sounds very "Guy" don't you think

Des Parker

P.S. In a very run down record store in the U.S. a few Weeks ago, stacked with dusty old "45's" and there's a Northern Soul compilation for sale, with Pete Lawson on the front cover - poetic.

Social source share

Des Parker

You are kidding me Des?

How cool is that!

Did it have his top 10 on it? biggrin.gif

Social source share

It was a typical NS compilation, but they'd used a picture of Pete Lawson on the cover, as Johnny Beggs will testify, it just seemed poetic to have been up for sale in a used record store in the States.

Des Parker

P.S. we're off topic & will be told off!!

Social source share

It was a typical NS compilation, but they'd used a picture of Pete Lawson on the cover, as Johnny Beggs will testify, it just seemed poetic to have been up for sale in a used record store in the States.

Des Parker

P.S. we're off topic & will be told off!!

Not if you say Jean Carter was one of the tracks on it laugh.gif

Social source share

Yes he did have it covered up, don't think it was Gwen Owens though.

Lorraine Rudolph maybe?

Where's Chalky when you need him?

CHALKY....! shout.gif:D

I recall it as 'Gwen Owens & the Vel-Girls' (Velgos?) unsure.gif

The bass always used to distort as he hammered it up to the red! :D

:lol:

I'm here Joan, I was dragged kicking and screaming to the shops :) Flynny is right it was Gwen Owens and the Velgirls.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert